Where Does Denial of Scripture About Hell Originate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ahhh yes, your comparing everything to your religious paradigm concerning unending torment and if it doesn't agree then it is simply wrong or unclear.
Paradigm? You mean the Bible? It clearly teaches eternal torment in fire. The wise will take heed.
Your translations state the the old covenant is everlasting and that Jonah is in the fish's belly forever. Surely you don't deny that it is a mistake do you?
If you will provide a quote we can discuss it.

A question for you Jiggy: Do you also deny Jesus/God?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
The Nice Council was about comprimise.

Today the cornerstone of this "new Christian theology', is based on pagan philosophy, is the doctrine of three Gods, three Persons in the "Godhead.

Its rife, like cancer working its way through the body..eventually it will have its way 2 Tim 2:17YLT 2 Tim 2:17 2 Tim 2:17KJV 2 Tim 2:17NIV

How this doctrine of the Trinity was developed during this period is frankly explained by a trinitarian writer in the Encyclopedia Britannica, 9th edition, Volume 23, page 240, article "Theism"

"The propositions constitutive of the dogma of the Trinity - the propositions in the symbols of Nice, Constantinople and Toledo relative to the immanent distinctions and relations in the Godhead - were not drawn directly from the New Testament, and could not be expressed in New Testament terms. They were the products of reason speculating on a revelation to faith.

"They were only formed through centuries of effort, only elaborated by the aid of the conceptions and formulated in the terms of Greek and Roman metaphysics.

"The evolution of the doctrine of the Trinity was far the most important fact in the doctrinal history of the church during the first five centuries of its post- apostolic existence."

At least this writter was honest about thier beliefs.

Hard to find in this forum.
doh.gif

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
If you will provide a quote we can discuss it.

Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, [being taken] from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant. Lev. 24:8 KJV

I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars [was] about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. Jonah 2:6 KJV

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, [being taken] from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant. Lev. 24:8 KJV
THE LAW of Moses was ONLY for the Nation of Israel. Your point?
I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars [was] about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. Jonah 2:6 KJV
And your point is?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Ducky, surely the ignorance and audacity of formulating such a doctrine from a scriptural point of view takes our breath away!

If you came out and said yes, my beliefs have evolved over time and were influenced by political addenda's over 1685 odd years ago, then we can say, well "so be it", but to deny this is foolishness.

Do you accept or deny?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I thought as much, your translations say that God's covenant with Israel is everlasting and that Jonah was in the ocean deep for ever. Is that true or is it a mistake in translation???
If you want to take the Jonah account and try to disprove all the NT accounts of the eternal Hell fire then you have a lot of work to do. It's much easier to just believe in the NT.

Mark 9:43 (NKJV)
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--

Ducky, surely the ignorance and audacity of formulating such a doctrine from a scriptural point of view takes our breath away!

If you came out and said yes, my beliefs have evolved over time and were influenced by political addenda's over 1685 odd years ago, then we can say, well "so be it", but to deny this is foolishness.

Do you accept or deny?
The NT speaks loud and clear.

Luke 16:22-26 (NKJV)
The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

Just on that passage Ducky?

I thought you believed souls were immaterial?

The passage speaks about bodies NOT souls, eyes, bosom (Luke 16:23KJV) tip of finger and tongue (Luke 16:24KJV).

Can you explain this?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I thought you believed souls were immaterial?
Why would you think such?
The passage speaks about bodies NOT souls, eyes, bosom (Luke 16:23KJV) tip of finger and tongue (Luke 16:24KJV).

Can you explain this?
It is speaking about "spiritual bodies" that are eternal.

1 Corinthians 15:44 (NKJV)
44 There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
If you want to take the Jonah account and try to disprove all the NT accounts of the eternal Hell fire then you have a lot of work to do. It's much easier to just believe in the NT.

Mark 9:43 (NKJV)
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--

The NT speaks loud and clear.

Yep same ole Ducky, ducking out because you lack the knowledge to deal with scriptures translated in your preferred bible. I had a feeling your statement about discussing this was a farce.
Tis all the same Hebrew and Greek words Ducky and it proves the errors in the translations of the texts. But I think I'm done playing your childish games. You were given what you asked for to discuss it but you obviously are not able.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yep same ole Ducky, ducking out because you lack the knowledge to deal with scriptures translated in your preferred bible. I had a feeling your statement about discussing this was a farce.
Tis all the same Hebrew and Greek words Ducky and it proves the errors in the translations of the texts. But I think I'm done playing your childish games. You were given what you asked for to discuss it but you obviously are not able.
You can find all the 'errors' and 'contradictions' in the Bible you like, if you WANT to. God will have the final say.

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

We can't say we weren't warned.

Eternity is not a game Jiggy. It's forever.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky who will send the fire and brimstone?
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

Ducky doesn't answer questions!

He is like an exorcist dealing with demons - he welds the authority - HE asks the questions....!!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
LOL

Ducky doesn't answer questions!

He is like an exorcist dealing with demons - he welds the authority - HE asks the questions....!!
The answer was perfectly clear. Don't you like Scriptural answers?

1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)
5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer was perfectly clear. Don't you like Scriptural answers?

1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)
5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

I like people to use the brain God gave them to think about His Word, process it, and share their insight. The NT would be a direct copy of the OT if the writer's only used scripture to communicate God's Word.