Where Does Denial of Scripture About Hell Originate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hopefully you will understand eventually. Either way I can't lose. Are you willing to lay your soul on the line and guarantee everyone that Hell is not eternal?

I guarantee to all reading this post that "all" figurative language concerning hell only speaks to deathly silence in the grave. Some sleep in the grave others remain there for eternity Prov 21:16 Prov 21:16YLT Prov 21:16KJV Prov 21:16NIV

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I guarantee to all reading this post that "all" figurative language concerning hell only speaks to deathly silence in the grave. Some sleep in the grave others remain there for eternity Prov 21:16 Prov 21:16YLT Prov 21:16KJV Prov 21:16NIV
There are MANY NT references to punishment in THE FIRE. You can't guarantee anything. Should we believe you or God?

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Eccl 12:7

What did God give the body to give it life?

You believe man is animated dust? Gen 2:7; 3:19; Psa 103:14; Job 10:9; Ecc 3:18,19,20,21.

N2thelight,

In your conclusion to post #427 there appears to be a major flaw in this type of reasoning.

If, as you say, we return to God in some form of spiritual essence, post death (as many interpret
Eccl 12:7), how is it that death is spoken of an example of vanity, futility and meaninglessness? Would it not be taught as the most beautiful of all experiences
confused2.gif

Insight

p.s are we still around the camp fire?
camping.gif

Hello again Insight

Let me just ask a question,where and what was Christ before He became flesh?

Also concerning the below verse

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

How did He know him,please don't say because He knows everything.......

My take is we were with the Father before being born of woman and back to the Father we shall return,I mean this as even before the time of Adam,I don't feel we were ever meant to be made flesh.......

Just to clarify,we were on earth after God created it,perfect nopt void and without form,it became that way,however we were not in flesh bodies........

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Those who "guarantee" that there is no eternal Hell are headed for the eternal Hell and inspired by Satan. They are deceived deceivers who will burn in Hell forever. They are messengers of Satan.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hello again Insight

Let me just ask a question,where and what was Christ before He became flesh?

Also concerning the below verse

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

How did He know him,please don't say because He knows everything.......

My take is we were with the Father before being born of woman and back to the Father we shall return,I mean this as even before the time of Adam,I don't feel we were ever meant to be made flesh.......

Just to clarify,we were on earth after God created it,perfect nopt void and without form,it became that way,however we were not in flesh bodies........

Hi N2thelight

May I ask you a simple question?

Who is being spoken off in Jer 1:5?

Insight

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hello Insight

I don't look at it as a second chance,I think it's a matter of being fair,in other words He(Christ)gave them a chance to hear the good news,ie,law vs grace

So you are saying that God wasn’t able to witness his truth through those messengers such as Noah?
I Peter 3:18 "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the Just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:"

The purpose for Jesus Christ's coming to earth and living in the flesh, was so that He would die on the cross for your sins. Jesus was just [righteous] in all manner of His flesh life, and in His death "the Just" suffered for the sins of the unjust. Jesus Christ came to earth to die so that you do not need to go to hell, but by your faith in Him and belief in what Jesus has done on the cross, through your repentance to the Father in Jesus name you can be saved. It is your soul that receives eternal life, and when this flesh body dies and is laid in the ground, it is your spirit and soul that is quickened, or goes on living eternally. That is the work of the Holy Spirit, giving you new changed life, where there was only a dead soul before. Jesus died to bring all souls to the Father.

If you ever had any question as to what part of Jesus died on the cross, you have it right here. Jesus Christ's flesh body was died, whereas His spiritual body was quickened or made alive by His Spirit. Jesus was spiritually alive when He descended into the prison to preach to those lost souls.

Can you define simply your understanding of the soul by using Bible verses? This may help us than me picking the above to pieces.

I Peter 3:19 "By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison,"
These spirits that Christ preached to in prison, where the spirits of the saints that died prior to His death on the cross.

I Peter 3:20 "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering for God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Not the word "sometime", they were not disobedient all the time like the fallen angels, but were disobedient while living in the flesh body. Do you think that it was the whether that saved those adamic souls? They were saved from the water, and the reason that God saved them is given in Genesis 6:9; "THESE ARE THE GENERATIONS OF NOAH: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

2 Peter 2:5 & 1 Peter 3:20 Ezek 14:14 disagrees with your interpretation.

The key to understanding this verse is in the word "perfect", for in the Hebrew text, it is the word "tamin", which means "without blemish as to breed or pedigree." In Genesis 6:1-7, when men started to multiply on the face of the earth, daughters were born to them. When the sons of God beheld the daughters of men, they desired them. Many "sons of God" or fallen angels left their place of habitation in the heavens and came to earth and multiplied with those daughters of flesh man, and from them came the Nethinim. This is what the book of Jude is all about.

Jude 6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

These were the giants of old, and through the years to the time of Noah, all souls on earth were contaminated by cross marriage, to where there was only Noah, His wife, and their family that were pure in pedigree, or their lineage blood line. It was the half breed creatures of giants, that came from the union of the daughters of men, and the fallen angels that left their first estate, that were the ones that the flood of Noah's day was to eliminate. Jesus tells us in Matthew 24:37-39 that in the time just before His coming it will be just as it was in Noah's day.

Angels cannot sin or fall Rom 6:23 would apply, because you believe in a righteous God and in that righteousness your teaching would declare God to be partial in His judgements, for how can he pass a sentence of death upon man and not on angels?

I suggest you find all the passages in the Scripture that speak of human angels (messengers), hopefully this will put you on a right path.

In the Masters Service

Insight

Those who "guarantee" that there is no eternal Hell are headed for the eternal Hell and inspired by Satan. They are deceived deceivers who will burn in Hell forever. They are messengers of Satan.

Admire your persistence.

But that's all.

Matt 23:23,24 applies here Ducky.

Who set you on this path of preaching Hell Fire and Eternal Torment? Were you by chance raised a Catholic?

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
That is conjecture. You talk trash

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So your belief is that the soul is immortal?
Forever, eternal, everlasting and unquenchable fire.

Who set you on this path of preaching Hell Fire and Eternal Torment? Were you by chance raised a Catholic?
The NT. You can't miss it, unless you want to.

Jude 1:23 (NKJV)
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

That is conjecture. You talk trash
I suggest that you not refer to the NT as trash.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)
5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
Forever, eternal, everlasting and unquenchable fire.

The NT. You can't miss it, unless you want to.

Jude 1:23 (NKJV)
23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

I suggest that you not refer to the NT as trash.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
I suggest you don't put words in my mouth.
I said you talk trash. for you have not rightly divided the scriptures.

You have milk all over your mouth.
Wipe your mouth

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
No Scripture? Surprise surprise.

What did you miss this?
You posted it but failed to notice that though they turned this man over to Satan that he may be saved in the day of the lord.

It blows holes in your rhetoric
I dont understand why you are so interested in seeing people burn for ever and ever in flames when Christ brought the good news to the world.

Wipe the milk from your mouth

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

What did you miss this?
You posted it but failed to notice that though they turned this man over to Satan that he may be saved in the day of the lord.

It blows holes in your rhetoric
I dont understand why you are so interested in seeing people burn for ever and ever in flames when Christ brought the good news to the world.

Wipe the milk from your mouth
Actually I'm interested in saving a lot of religious folks from the EVERLASTING, ETERNAL, UNQUENCHABLE fire, that will be the worst prison ever, without parole. It will be SO BAD that Jesus said it would be better to cut off body parts than to go there.

Mark 9:43-48 (NKJV)
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 46 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire-- 48 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.'

Just echoing Jesus' warnings.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Actually I'm interested in saving a lot of religious folks from the EVERLASTING, ETERNAL, UNQUENCHABLE fire, that will be the worst prison ever, without parole. It will be SO BAD that Jesus said it would be better to cut off body parts than to go there.

Mark 9:43-48 (NKJV)
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 46 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire-- 48 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.'

Just echoing Jesus' warnings.

Not echoing! Rev 22:18

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Not echoing! Rev 22:18
Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
The meaning of hell in this scripture is "The valley of slaughter"

Matthew 5
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Strong's Number: 1067 Original Word Word Origin gevenna of Hebrew origin (01516) and (02011) Transliterated Word TDNT Entry Geenna 1:657,113 Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech gheh'-en-nah Noun Feminine Definition
"Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". Simply the valley of the son of Hinnom,

This is what Christ Spoke through the prophet Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 7
32 Therefore, behold, the days come , saith the LORD, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the "valley of slaughter": for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Punishment in the fire is quite consistent in the NT. And yes it will be "forever and ever".

Revelation 20 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011

Jer 1:5

Great, we agree!

Now there are two possible ways we can interpret this verse.

1. Jeremiah pre-existed before the creation of the world.
2. God in His foreknowledge knew Jeremiah would one day exist.

As you know my understanding is option 2 because we have so many more verses explaining the foreknowledge of God. He knows end from beginning. (But this does not of course prove that Jeremiah actually existed before his birth!) You might like to look over such verses as 1 Pe 1:20,21; Rev 13:8; John 1:6; Rom 8:29; Eph 1:4 etc.

Insight

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Soul in the KJV appears 432 times...more if we consider over variants.

Maybe we all should go in search for this illusive "immortal soul" to see if it can be found. The first occurrence is in Gen 2:7KJV but also in Gen 1:20KJV concerning the animals (moving soul or creature).

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

Its meaning is widely accepted as "a breathing creature, that is, animal"

Do we all agree that Adam became a living breathing creature?

Insight