Where Does Denial of Scripture About Hell Originate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Jer 1:5

Great, we agree!

Now there are two possible ways we can interpret this verse.

1. Jeremiah pre-existed before the creation of the world.
2. God in His foreknowledge knew Jeremiah would one day exist.

As you know my understanding is option 2 because we have so many more verses explaining the foreknowledge of God. He knows end from beginning. (But this does not of course prove that Jeremiah actually existed before his birth!) You might like to look over such verses as 1 Pe 1:20,21; Rev 13:8; John 1:6; Rom 8:29; Eph 1:4 etc.

Insight

That's where we differ....I feel that all were created at the same time,per Job

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

In the above God is asking Job where he was when He created the earth,it is my view that we were the sons of God...We all lived on the earth before it became void and without form,however ,not in the flesh......

Another verse I like to use,is the fact that God hated esau before he was even born

Romans 9:13 "As it is written "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

While Esau was a small embryo in his mother Rebecca's womb, God hated Esau.

Guess you will say,God knew He would hate Esau....I can't agree with that,Esau did something to cause God to hate him,even before he was born......

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

What does it mean to be "chosen"?

It means that there are certain people that God chosen in the first earth age, to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. We read; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27 This appointing and choosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; the second earth age [cosmos] that we now live in.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all who will repent; the chosen, and the free-will. All must repent for sins they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", [cosmos in the Greek, meaning world or earth age.] The "foundation" in the Greek text, is the verb for, "the overthrow". This refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow of Satan and his angels that followed him. When Satan fell [war against God], one third of all angelic beings [God's children] followed Satan. Then during that war, there were some who fought against Satan, and those who did, God calls "His Chosen". They took a stand, and were overcomers in that first earth age.

Have you ever wondered why you do the things that you do, at times. It's just like you have a destiny. You have always felt their is more to life, and this world, then what you have been taught. Paul addresses this in Romans 8:27. In verse twenty six it says that there are times in your life when the Holy Spirit makes intercession for you because you don't even know what to pray for.

"And he that searcheth the heart knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:27 These saints are "the set-aside ones", or "the chosen". God has a overall plan, and a purpose in that plan just for you. That purpose is to bring back His children to Him; after that overthrow, and in this earth age.

Why would God intercede in a person's life, without them even asking? When your free-will goes against God's purpose for your life, God will intercede. When Paul's "free will" was to destroy all Christians, God's will was to take this highly educated man, and use Paul as the instrument for Him. Paul used to same drive to destroy Christians, that he used later to convert people, after his conversion.
We read that the Lord said; "...For He is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and Kings, and children of Israel:" Acts 9:15

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Punishment in the fire is quite consistent in the NT. And yes it will be "forever and ever".

Revelation 20 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Where do you suppose that lake of fire will be when the first heavens and earth Pass away?
rev 21: 1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

Maybe you should read verse 11 of the scripture that you quoted.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away ; and there was found no place for them.

Better yet ask God for His Spirit so that you will understand all these things.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
That's where we differ....I feel that all were created at the same time,per Job

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

In the above God is asking Job where he was when He created the earth,it is my view that we were the sons of God...We all lived on the earth before it became void and without form,however ,not in the flesh......

Another verse I like to use,is the fact that God hated esau before he was even born

Romans 9:13 "As it is written "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

Guess you will say,God knew He would hate Esau....I can't agree with that,Esau did something to cause God to hate him,even before he was born......

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

What does it mean to be "chosen"?

It means that there are certain people that God chosen in the first earth age, to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. We read; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27 This appointing and choosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; the second earth age [cosmos] that we now live in.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all who will repent; the chosen, and the free-will. All must repent for sins they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", [cosmos in the Greek, meaning world or earth age.] The "foundation" in the Greek text, is the verb for, "the overthrow". This refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow of Satan and his angels that followed him. When Satan fell [war against God], one third of all angelic beings [God's children] followed Satan. Then during that war, there were some who fought against Satan, and those who did, God calls "His Chosen". They took a stand, and were overcomers in that first earth age.

Have you ever wondered why you do the things that you do, at times. It's just like you have a destiny. You have always felt their is more to life, and this world, then what you have been taught. Paul addresses this in Romans 8:27. In verse twenty six it says that there are times in your life when the Holy Spirit makes intercession for you because you don't even know what to pray for.

"And he that searcheth the heart knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:27 These saints are "the set-aside ones", or "the chosen". God has a overall plan, and a purpose in that plan just for you. That purpose is to bring back His children to Him; after that overthrow, and in this earth age.

Why would God intercede in a person's life, without them even asking? When your free-will goes against God's purpose for your life, God will intercede. When Paul's "free will" was to destroy all Christians, God's will was to take this highly educated man, and use Paul as the instrument for Him. Paul used to same drive to destroy Christians, that he used later to convert people, after his conversion.
We read that the Lord said; "...For He is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and Kings, and children of Israel:" Acts 9:15

N2theligth

Best we leave it here....very poor use of Scripture in my humble opinion.

I read to this part and well...couldnt go on....

Now everyone pre-existed
free-confused-smileys-327.gif

The Bible Story is vastly different to what you are presenting.

Maybe we will cross paths again soon.

Insight

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
N2theligth

Best we leave it here....very poor use of Scripture in my humble opinion.

I read to this part and well...couldnt go on....

Now everyone pre-existed
free-confused-smileys-327.gif

The Bible Story is vastly different to what you are presenting.

Maybe we will cross paths again soon.

Insight

All good

Glad we could discuss the Word as christians suppose to,,with no arguments........

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Where do you suppose that lake of fire will be when the first heavens and earth Pass away?
rev 21: 1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

Maybe you should read verse 11 of the scripture that you quoted.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away ; and there was found no place for them.

Better yet ask God for His Spirit so that you will understand all these things.
What says the NT? Everlasting, eternal, unquenchable FIRE.

Oh yeah, and FOREVER.

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

Oh yeah, and FOREVER.

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Well that's evading my question. But Have you ever seen what happens to a body hit by lava? Gods fire is hotter. Read about Elijah and the baal priests.

1 Kings 18
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench. 39 Now when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, "The Lord, He is God! The Lord, He is God!" 40 And Elijah said to them, "Seize the prophets of Baal! Do not let one of them escape!" So they seized them; and Elijah brought them down to the Brook Kishon and executed them there.

Revelation 14
11 the smoke of their torment ascends forever

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

Oh yeah, and FOREVER.

REVELATION 14:9-ll
“If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, (10) he, too, will drink of the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured out full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the lamb (Jesus). (11) And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast or his image, or anyone who receives the mark of his name.”

As you can see, this passage describes the harsh divine judgment that will befall people who choose to worship the beast and receive his mark during the 7-year tribulation period. I admit that a casual reading of this text gives the impression that these people will suffer eternal conscious torment, but this conclusion does not stand up to a thorough biblical analysis. Let me present four solid reasons why we cannot interpret this passage as a reference to eternal conscious torture:

First of all, although this passage might at first glance give the impression that God will sadistically torment people in his presence forever and ever, it does not say that. All it states is that these rebellious people will be tormented with burning sulfur and that “the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever” – there’s a difference. “Smoke” indicates that they will be burned up and “torment” would refer to the anguish experienced while being burned up. This perfectly coincides with what the Holy Spirit inspired David to write in Psalm 37:20: “But the wicked shall perish… Into smoke they shall vanish away” (NKJV).

The second reason we can’t take Revelation 14:9-11 as a reference to never-ending conscious torment is because this passage has a “sister text” which uses the very same terminology wherein the meaning can’t possibly be mistaken. This sister text is from the Old Testament and is therefore the foundation upon which Revelation 14:9-11 rests. Let’s go ahead and observe this text:

ISAIAH 34:9-10a
Edom’s streams will be turned into pitch, her dust into burning sulfur; her land will become blazing pitch! (10) It will not be quenched night and day; its smoke will rise forever.

Reading this passage we get the strong impression that the kingdom of Edom will burn forever and ever without end but the entire rest of the chapter renders this interpretation impossible. The rest of the chapter clearly shows that Edom will become a desolate desert inhabited by owls, jackals and hyenas. Verses 5 & 6 state that the people of Edom will be “totally destroyed” and slaughtered, and Obadiah 10 & 18 back this up, stating that Edom will “be destroyed forever” – consumed by the fire of God’s judgment and wrath. Therefore the statement “it will not be quenched night and day; its smoke will rise forever” cannot be taken to mean what it might casually seem.

Observe how Isaiah 34:9-10 and Revelation 14:10-11 use the same terminology:

Her dust (will be turned) into burning sulfur
He will be tormented with burning sulfur

Its smoke will rise forever
The smoke of their torment rises forever

It will not be quenched night and day
There is no rest day or night

This proves that the terminology used in Revelation 14:10-11 cannot refer to eternal conscious torment, because just as the entire rest of Isaiah 34 renders this interpretation impossible for Isaiah 34:9-10a, so the entire rest of the bible renders this interpretation impossible for Revelation 14:10-11.

Please notice that Isaiah 34:10 plainly states that Edom will burn and “not be quenched night and day.” This proves that the phrase “night and day” or “day or night” does not refer to an unending amount of time. The burning sulfur that destroyed Edom was not quenched “night and day” until the entire kingdom was destroyed. Likewise, the wicked people spoken of in Revelation 14:10-11 will have no rest from their torment “day or night” until the burning sulfur totally destroys them. “Burning sulfur” is simply another name for the lake of fire (see Revelation 21:8); so being “tormented with burning sulfur” is a reference to the second death. For further proof, Paul stated that he worked and prayed “night and day” (1Thessalonians 2:9; 3:10), but he did neither non-stop, and both working and praying ceased when he died. Acts 9:24 and Revelation 12:10 give additional support that this phrase refers to a temporary period of time.

The third reason we can’t regard Revelation 14:10-11 as a reference to eternal conscious torment is because there are other texts in the very same book of Revelation that also use the same terminology as Revelation 14:10-11, but like Isaiah 34:9-10, these texts also distinctly refer only to complete destruction by fire: Chapter 18 of Revelation deals with the fall of Babylon, which is the result of God’s judgment. “Babylon” here prophetically refers to a modern-day city that will be the governmental center of Satan’s kingdom on earth. Chapter 18 speaks of “the smoke of her burning” (verses 9 & 18) and of “her torment” (verses 10 & 15), and 19:3 states, “The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.” This terminology gives the impression that “Babylon” will be eternally tormented and burn forever and ever, but Revelation 18:8 makes it clear that “She will be consumed by fire” – completely destroyed – just as this entire present earth will also be destroyed (see 2Peter 3:10-11). Thus, the statement “the smoke from her goes up forever and ever” can only refer to complete and final destruction.

These passages, which use the terminology of smoke rising forever, coincide with God’s total destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah which is a biblical “example of what is going to happen to the ungodly” at the second death (2Peter 2:6). In the Genesis account of Sodom & Gomorrah’s destruction, Abraham saw “dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace” (19:28).

Fourthly, there’s even further reason why we can’t take Revelation 14:10-11 as a reference to never-ending conscious torture. Notice clearly from this text where the tormenting is taking place: “He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever.” Being tormented with burning sulfur is referring to suffering the second death (again, Revelation 21:8); according to this text this “death” will take place in the presence of God and his holy angels. So whether we view “tormented with burning sulfur” as a reference to eternal conscious torture or as a reference to the anguish of being completely burned up, it is certain that, in either case, it will take place in the very presence of God. This presents a problem for the view of eternal conscious torment as it shows a God who sadistically tortures his human enemies in his presence forever and ever. Yet it presents no such problem for the view of everlasting destruction as it shows God present at the second death to judge his human enemies and execute their sentence of total, everlasting extermination by his chosen instrument of fire. As already covered in Chapter One, 2Thessalonians 1:9 states that ungodly people “shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power” (KJV) “and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power” (NIV), not tortured in the presence of the Lord forever and ever.

In addition, consider the fact that there are numerous scriptures that plainly show how there shall be no memory of the ungodly because the Lord will so thoroughly blot out their names forever and ever (see, for example, Psalm 9:5-7; Isaiah 65:16-17 and Obadiah 16). Needless to say, it will be rather hard to forget about the ungodly if they’re being tormented in the Lord’s presence throughout all eternity. As already examined, Isaiah 66:24 states how the righteous shall “go out and look upon” the carcasses of the damned as worms and fire devour their remains. The faithful will obviously not be able to forget about them until they are totally destroyed, so both Isaiah 66:24 and Revelation 14:9-11 cannot be references to never-ending conscious torment.

As you can see, the claim that Revelation 14:10-11 supports the eternal torment theory simply does not stand up to a thorough biblical analysis. This specific case proves that it is a mistake to take one or two scriptural texts in which we read our own biased meaning into the terminology, disregard the entire rest of the bible, and try to prove something. It is unsound to do this for scripture must always interpret scripture; this is a hermeneutical law. After all, I could easily take one or two scriptural texts and “prove” just about anything; that is, as long as I disregard the entire rest of the bible. For example, I could “prove” that women must remain absolutely silent in the church (1Corinthians 14:33-38; 1Timothy 2:11-14) or that the homosexual lifestyle is okay (2Samuel 1:26). In both of these cases I was able to come up with what appears to be clear scriptural support to prove my point, yet despite how clear these scriptures are by themselves, in both cases the entire rest of the bible renders my initial casual interpretation false. Such is the case with Revelation 14:10-11. The terminology used in this text is used elsewhere in scripture and only refers to literal everlasting destruction, not eternal conscious torment.

http://hell-know.net/#e

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Hell was translated from words that mean "The grave" "The valley of slaughter" "The abyss or outer darkness" That's all.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Some obviously like to try to confuse the difference between the Biblical abode called hell vs. the "lake of fire" event written in both Old and New Testaments. Why? Some do it to try and prove there is no such abode of the wicked called hell. Others do it in trying to impart fear so as to make one turn to Christ, which they are indeed justified in giving that warning (Jude 1:23)

Yet Revelation 20:14-15 reveals that the abode of the wicked called hell... goes INTO the "lake of fire" and is thus destroyed.

Trying to disprove what words like 'hell' point to is of no consequence to the actual place those words are used for.

Rev 20:7
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
(KJV)

In that Rev.20 sense, the word "prison" is used for that abode of the wicked, specifically Satan's place in the heavenly.

1 Pet 3:18-20
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
(KJV)

Peter revealed that Christ in His Quickened body, meaning Resurrection body, went to the "spirits in prison" who were once disobedient in the days of Noah. Not only does that reveal those 'spirits' were in a place of separation in the heavenly which Christ visited in His Resurrection body, but it also reveals those are the ones destroyed by the flood God brought in Noah's day, revealed their 'spirit' survived that flood, and were thus cast into that heavenly 'prison', the same 'prison' idea of where Satan is bound per Rev.20.

Not only must those who refuse to belief a place called hell exists try to disprove it, they must also try to disprove that heavenly 'prison' revelation also.

Isa 24:21-23
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously.
(KJV)

That Isaiah 24 Scripture is for after Christ's second coming, His return. Those gathered and shut up in that 'prison' is the subject of Rev.20 about Satan being bound in his prison pit during Christ's thousand years reign. Think of it as a literal 'prison' like the prisons here on earth, or as hell, or as whatever. It doesn't matter what one calls it, for it's about a place of separation. And that's exactly what prisons here on earth are for, to ISOLATE evil away from society. As in Heaven, so on earth, with many things. Just as there are prisons here on earth to separate the wicked, that same kind of separation happens in the heavenly realm also. And it will continue throughout Christ's thousand years reign.

But AFTER Christ's thousand years reign of our future, that 'place of separation', call it hell, the pit, the abyss, a prison, or what-have-you, it will go into the "lake of fire" and be destroyed with those in it. That's what that time of visiting of that Isaiah 24:22 verse is about.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Some obviously like to try to confuse the difference between the Biblical abode called hell vs. the "lake of fire" event written in both Old and New Testaments. Why? Some do it to try and prove there is no such abode of the wicked called hell. Others do it in trying to impart fear so as to make one turn to Christ, which they are indeed justified in giving that warning (Jude 1:23)

Yet Revelation 20:14-15 reveals that the abode of the wicked called hell... goes INTO the "lake of fire" and is thus destroyed.

Trying to disprove what words like 'hell' point to is of no consequence to the actual place those words are used for.

Rev 20:7
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
(KJV)

In that Rev.20 sense, the word "prison" is used for that abode of the wicked, specifically Satan's place in the heavenly.

1 Pet 3:18-20
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
(KJV)

Peter revealed that Christ in His Quickened body, meaning Resurrection body, went to the "spirits in prison" who were once disobedient in the days of Noah. Not only does that reveal those 'spirits' were in a place of separation in the heavenly which Christ visited in His Resurrection body, but it also reveals those are the ones destroyed by the flood God brought in Noah's day, revealed their 'spirit' survived that flood, and were thus cast into that heavenly 'prison', the same 'prison' idea of where Satan is bound per Rev.20.

Not only must those who refuse to belief a place called hell exists try to disprove it, they must also try to disprove that heavenly 'prison' revelation also.

Isa 24:21-23
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously.
(KJV)

That Isaiah 24 Scripture is for after Christ's second coming, His return. Those gathered and shut up in that 'prison' is the subject of Rev.20 about Satan being bound in his prison pit during Christ's thousand years reign. Think of it as a literal 'prison' like the prisons here on earth, or as hell, or as whatever. It doesn't matter what one calls it, for it's about a place of separation. And that's exactly what prisons here on earth are for, to ISOLATE evil away from society. As in Heaven, so on earth, with many things. Just as there are prisons here on earth to separate the wicked, that same kind of separation happens in the heavenly realm also. And it will continue throughout Christ's thousand years reign.

But AFTER Christ's thousand years reign of our future, that 'place of separation', call it hell, the pit, the abyss, a prison, or what-have-you, it will go into the "lake of fire" and be destroyed with those in it. That's what that time of visiting of that Isaiah 24:22 verse is about.
Which Hell are you talking about. Sheol, Hades,Tarteroo or Gehenna?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Which Hell are you talking about. Sheol, Hades,Tarteroo or Gehenna?

The "lake of fire" is not the abode called 'hell'.

Rev 20:14-15
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(KJV)

There's only one place in the heavenly which serves as a prison for the wicked dead, which both Hebrew sheowl and Greek haides is used to represent.

When Christ warned of someone perishing and everlasting fire, He was talking about the "lake of fire" event of Rev.20:14, not the heavenly prison.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(KJV)

There's only one place in the heavenly which serves as a prison for the wicked dead, which both Hebrew sheowl and Greek haides is used to represent.

When Christ warned of someone perishing and everlasting fire, He was talking about the "lake of fire" event of Rev.20:14, not the heavenly prison.

Can you provide a verse? chapter? or book? given to explain this heavenly prision?

In the last days men shall become lovers of themselves and will prefer to believe in lies.

You will never learn Veteran.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the denial of scripture about Hell originates from the abuses of the clergy and authors who over-emphasized the doctrine of Hell - Dante, Jonathan Edwards, etc

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

(KJV)

The word hell originated with the King James Translation. They used the word Hell for Sheol, Hades,Tartarus and Gehenna which all have different meanings.

Sheol = Hebrew grave
Hades = Understood By the Hebrews to be the grave = In Greek mythology where Zeus's brother Pluto takes the bad Greeks to torment them for eternity.
Tartarus = Deep darkest nothing = The abyss = Outer Darkness = In Greek mythology, Tartarus is both a deity and a place in the underworld.
Gehenna = Valley of the Son of Hinnom = In Prophecy "The Valley of slaughter"

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The word hell originated with the King James Translation. They used the word Hell for Sheol, Hades,Tartarus and Gehenna which all have different meanings.

Sheol = Hebrew grave
Hades = Understood By the Hebrews to be the grave = In Greek mythology where Zeus's brother Pluto takes the bad Greeks to torment them for eternity.
Tartarus = Deep darkest nothing = The abyss = Outer Darkness = In Greek mythology, Tartarus is both a deity and a place in the underworld.
Gehenna = Valley of the Son of Hinnom = In Prophecy "The Valley of slaughter"

Which is why the Bible student should always have a Hebrew-Greek Lexicon handy when studying God's Word.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Which is why the Bible student should always have a Hebrew-Greek Lexicon handy when studying God's Word.

No need to consult a Hebrew lexicon they were all written by the
Masoretes: or Jewish scholars of the 6th–10th centuries. They were all antichrist and are not to be trusted with ones salvation.

No ancient Hebrew or Chaldean texts can be read without them. The old Greek and Latin texts before 600 AD are sufficient.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Never mind the hell denier's disregard for written Bible scripture about hell as a real place. Who would most want someone to deny the existence of Satan and the abode of hell, and what for?

To justify self-centered rebellion against the authority of the Most High.
The thinking is kin to denial of God Himself.

If there's no God and no eternal punishment, I can do whatever the hell I want.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
No need to consult a Hebrew lexicon they were all written by the
Masoretes: or Jewish scholars of the 6th–10th centuries. They were all antichrist and are not to be trusted with ones salvation.

No ancient Hebrew or Chaldean texts can be read without them. The old Greek and Latin texts before 600 AD are sufficient.
There are the books of Quamran which may be a better version.(Dead Sea scrolls)
There are Aramaic translators that aren't Jewish.

In fact many Aramaic speaking people belonging to the Eastern Orthodox church have a Aramaic version of Scripture that they claim goes all the way back to the time of Christ which may be true the Romans were destroying all bibles and the Aramaic version had gotten far from the Roman jurisdiction. I do believe the NT was originally written in Aramaic. Its the only NT version with all the Idioms and word plays like the Tanahk. It is loaded with Rhymes since they are many words in Aramaic that rhyme.
i.e.
1 Co 16:22.../.... Anathema Maranatha
those are Aramaic words that were put in English versions in the original speakers words.

it really only makes sense that Aramaic was the primacy since they disciples spoke Aramaic and they were speaking mostly to their Aramaic speaking kinsmen.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Galatia in modern Turkey was full of the Lost sheep at the time of Paul's travels(1Peterr1:1). Galatia came from the Gaels and Gael was a place in old Israel, mentioned in 1st Maccabees. Edomites had besieged Gael and Judas Maccabee went to fight Edom and he defeated Edom.

Golan heights and Golan were called Gaulanitis.. Gauls Galilee was pronounced Gauliylah in Hebrew. home of Gauls/ Gaels

Spartans and Corinthians were old Hebrews and their kin settled in Syracuse Sicily and Tara Italy..
Cities of Pauls travels.

One such native Aramaic speaker has a site but closed it to people non-paying subscribers.
His translation often deviates from the norm.

according to his translation the first Adam wasn't an Adam at all but a type of man he called aboriginal.
The second Adam was different. The Aramaic version is full of Hebrew Idioms.
This man is not a White supremacist and neither am I though I do believe in racial segregation.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
There are the books of Quamran which may be a better version.(Dead Sea scrolls)
There are Aramaic translators that aren't Jewish.

In fact many Aramaic speaking people belonging to the Eastern Orthodox church have a Aramaic version of Scripture that they claim goes all the way back to the time of Christ which may be true the Romans were destroying all bibles and the Aramaic version had gotten far from the Roman jurisdiction. I do believe the NT was originally written in Aramaic. Its the only NT version with all the Idioms and word plays like the Tanahk. It is loaded with Rhymes since they are many words in Aramaic that rhyme.
i.e.
1 Co 16:22.../.... Anathema Maranatha
those are Aramaic words that were put in English versions in the original speakers words.

it really only makes sense that Aramaic was the primacy since they disciples spoke Aramaic and they were speaking mostly to their Aramaic speaking kinsmen.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Galatia in modern Turkey was full of the Lost sheep at the time of Paul's travels(1Peterr1:1). Galatia came from the Gaels and Gael was a place in old Israel, mentioned in 1st Maccabees. Edomites had besieged Gael and Judas Maccabee went to fight Edom and he defeated Edom.

Golan heights and Golan were called Gaulanitis.. Gauls Galilee was pronounced Gauliylah in Hebrew. home of Gauls/ Gaels

Spartans and Corinthians were old Hebrews and their kin settled in Syracuse Sicily and Tara Italy..
Cities of Pauls travels.

One such native Aramaic speaker has a site but closed it to people non-paying subscribers.
His translation often deviates from the norm.

according to his translation the first Adam wasn't an Adam at all but a type of man he called aboriginal.
The second Adam was different. The Aramaic version is full of Hebrew Idioms.
This man is not a White supremacist and neither am I though I do believe in racial segregation.
You have missed the Point. The earliest known scriptures in any language that are not just small fragments do not date back past 249AD. There are no resources to know what the ancient Hebrew and Chaldean Languages say that are not taken from the mesoretes.