Where does pedophilia stem from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Simply. When people become unteachable pedophiles will inevitably be it's side effect. We human beings are hardwired for passing knowledge down from one generation to another, safeguarding our offspring in a ever unknowable universe. This means that we cannot stop learning at any age of our lives. (So what does that have to do with pedophiles?) Well, since we are hardwired to learn and pass on that knowledge to other people, it could be thought of like the law of attraction. We have a natural instinct to teach and be teachable. But when greater numbers of adults cease being teachable they become more and more unattractive for pairing with each other. But children are defenseless against been unteachable, for a while at least. From that basis you have your ever expanding problem.

I hope that helps.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simply. When people become unteachable pedophiles will inevitably be it's side effect. We human beings are hardwired for passing knowledge down from one generation to another, safeguarding our offspring in a ever unknowable universe. This means that we cannot stop learning at any age of our lives. (So what does that have to do with pedophiles?) Well, since we are hardwired to learn and pass on that knowledge to other people, it could be thought of like the law of attraction. We have a natural instinct to teach and be teachable. But when greater numbers of adults cease being teachable they become more and more unattractive for pairing with each other. But children are defenseless against been unteachable, for a while at least. From that basis you have your ever expanding problem.

I hope that helps.
Most sexual abuse comes from sexual oppression. The reason there is so much sexual abuse within the church is because sex has been seen as "sin". Its just the same as holding in your anger and not speaking when affected, eventually you will explode in a rage. All emotions need a healthy moral outlet otherwise they manifest into a destructive nature. If sex is mutual between two people, so be it. As long as no one is hurting somone or something else in any way shape or form it is in the realm of morality.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Most sexual abuse comes from sexual oppression. The reason there is so much sexual abuse within the church is because sex has been seen as "sin". Its just the same as holding in your anger and not speaking when affected, eventually you will explode in a rage. All emotions need a healthy moral outlet otherwise they manifest into a destructive nature. If sex is mutual between two people, so be it. As long as no one is hurting somone or something else in any way shape or form it is in the realm of morality.
So what were you thinking after you read the original post. That pedophiles in the church couldn't be created by being in a unteachable state (I never made mention of that side of the equation) But the fact you thought of defending the church straight up against the notion I offered, is, eye opening.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what were you thinking after you read the original post. That pedophiles in the church couldn't be created by being in a unteachable state (I never made mention of that side of the equation) But the fact you thought of defending the church straight up against the notion I offered, is, eye opening.
I dont defend any institution nor do I claim to be apart of one. Institutions are based in controle and fear, and only ever devolve into chaos as we can see all around us. You are right when you identify belief as part of the allowance of paedophilia. Belief has its roots in ego and pride and this is why it becomes a firm un-changing place within the human psyche. Attachment to belief is toxic. When we believe in an institution like the church it becomes who we are, when things like paedophilia start happening within the church we refuse to look at it because ultimately on a psychological level the church is who we are so we choose to ignore it while staying attached. I hope you understand what im saying, its hard for me to put the words together atm.

In biblical terms, belief is an aspect of the flesh. It is the same as having a physicle possession we cannot let go of. True Christianity is about the sacrifice of flesh and in this case the sacrifice of old beliefs of the church to make room for the Truth.

Christianity was never meant to be about blind belief and indoctrination. Its supposed to be about Truth, freedom and love.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I dont defend any institution nor do I claim to be apart of one. Institutions are based in controle and fear, and only ever devolve into chaos as we can see all around us. You are right when you identify belief as part of the allowance of paedophilia. Belief has its roots in ego and pride and this is why it becomes a firm un-changing place within the human psyche. Attachment to belief is toxic. When we believe in an institution like the church it becomes who we are, when things like paedophilia start happening within the church we refuse to look at it because ultimately on a psychological level the church is who we are so we choose to ignore it while staying attached. I hope you understand what im saying, its hard for me to put the words together atm.

In biblical terms, belief is an aspect of the flesh. It is the same as having a physicle possession we cannot let go of. True Christianity is about the sacrifice of flesh and in this case the sacrifice of old beliefs of the church to make room for the Truth.

Christianity was never meant to be about blind belief and indoctrination. Its supposed to be about Truth, freedom and love.
I won't say that belief isn't a factor in this, as a belief acts to inhibit and narrow knowledge outside the particular belief system. There's much to unpack here, because in essence belief then becomes important due to the fact that we don't have ready available knowledge. That's okay if we continue being open and teachable. But if we stop being teachable itself, then all manner of disturbing psychological disorders occur (Pedophilia is one of those disorders)

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I won't say that belief isn't a factor in this, as a belief acts to inhibit and narrow knowledge outside the particular belief system. There's much to unpack here, because in essence belief then becomes important due to the fact that we don't have ready available knowledge. That's okay if we continue being open and teachable. But if we stop being teachable itself, then all manner of disturbing psychological disorders occur (Pedophilia is one of those disorders)
I would not say being un teachable is the causal factor of paedophilia because in most cases I would say the perpetrator is aware that its wrong. There is only one time in life we need to practice belief and that's the belief in something greater than ourself. Or the belief that Truth exists outside of our own perception. After that we begin our journey of gnosis which is to experience and "know".

Ill explain the difference between belief and gnosis. A mother tells her child that the stove is hot and if he touches it, it will burn him. The child can believe his mother completely but its not until he touches it and burns himself that he truly knows. He has experienced the burn and has his own revilation and understanding that not based in belief anymore.

Reactions: Wrangler

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I would not say being un teachable is the causal factor of paedophilia because in most cases I would say the perpetrator is aware that its wrong. There is only one time in life we need to practice belief and that's the belief in something greater than ourself. Or the belief that Truth exists outside of our own perception. After that we begin our journey of gnosis which is to experience and "know".

Ill explain the difference between belief and gnosis. A mother tells her child that the stove is hot and if he touches it, it will burn him. The child can believe his mother completely but its not until he touches it and burns himself that he truly knows. He has experienced the burn and has his own revilation and understanding that not based in belief anymore.
How do you cure anything?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Truth. Not the physicle knowlage of Christ. Unseen Truth as spirit.
I didn't mean to suggest only in yourself. How do you cure anything (In what way does someone approach the task of discovering a cure for anything) Pick any illness today that we haven't cured and think of what it takes to find a solution for it.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't mean to suggest only in yourself. How do you cure anything (In what way does someone approach the task of discovering a cure for anything) Pick any illness today that we haven't cured and think of what it takes to find a solution for it.

Wholistic thinking and true intelligence. This requires both hemispheres of the brain to be working correctly and in conjunction with each other. The problem today is most people have chronic left brain imbalance due to the public education system. The left brain is pure interlect and lacks the right brain characteristics such as creativity, care and empathy.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Wholistic thinking and true intelligence. This requires both hemispheres of the brain to be working correctly and in conjunction with each other. The problem today is most people have chronic left brain imbalance due to the public education system. The left brain is pure interlect and lacks the right brain characteristics such as creativity, care and empathy.
So you can see that finding solutions for the big problems is really about using our human brain the way it is supposed to be used. From the original post I was theorising that one particular condition is caused when people quit being receptive to learning. When it comes down to knowing who would you trust more to fix a electrical fault in your home.
A: Someone who was a qualified electrician back in the 70's but doesn't have a current licence.
B: Someone who does have a current licence.

I see that if people believe they know enough and become unteachable it will have devastating consequences in society twofold (Creating problems) and (Preventing solutions) Ignorance is certainly not bliss when you need to know something in a time of crisis. Why people still use that quote boggles my mind.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you can see that finding solutions for the big problems is really about using our human brain the way it is supposed to be used. From the original post I was theorising that one particular condition is caused when people quit being receptive to learning. When it comes down to knowing who would you trust more to fix a electrical fault in your home.
A: Someone who was a qualified electrician back in the 70's but doesn't have a current licence.
B: Someone who does have a current licence.

I see that if people believe they know enough and become unteachable it will have devastating consequences in society twofold (Creating problems) and (Preventing solutions) Ignorance is certainly not bliss when you need to know something in a time of crisis. Why people still use that quote boggles my mind.
True. But we can narrow that down a little more to the ego. The physicle realm is mabifested ego and pride. Possessions and belief are pride and ego. All are identical in nature. People get stuck and find it hard to let go. Its attachment and like you say stops us from learning.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you meant to say between two adults

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
True. But we can narrow that down a little more to the ego. The physicle realm is mabifested ego and pride. Possessions and belief are pride and ego. All are identical in nature. People get stuck and find it hard to let go. Its attachment and like you say stops us from learning.
Which part of what I said was true. That I'd like to know. Maybe ego, pride, possessiveness are symptoms of believing you know everything already. Take pride for instance, I know what I'm doing so you've got nothing to add, stop I'll handle it I say, you'll only get in the way. No wonder pride comes before a fall. How about ego, egocentric me knows I can have any woman I want, I never doubt that, even after she's legally road blocked me countless times. But still, I know she's mine, going about destroying anyone or anything that gets in my way, even her. Possessiveness Don't take my stuff away from me because it's everything that represents the real me :) I am who I am because of what I own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachariah

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which part of what I said was true. That I'd like to know. Maybe ego, pride, possessiveness are symptoms of believing you know everything already. Take pride for instance, I know what I'm doing so you've got nothing to add, stop I'll handle it I say, you'll only get in the way. No wonder pride comes before a fall. How about ego, egocentric me knows I can have any woman I want, I never doubt that, even after she's legally road blocked me countless times. But still, I know she's mine, going about destroying anyone or anything that gets in my way, even her. Possessiveness Don't take my stuff away from me because it's everything that represents the real me :) I am who I am because of what I own.
Ya spot on. The ego is something we possess for a reason. Its inherent in creation (infact it is creation). Matter clings to life as our ego and desire clings to possessions. It also enables us to tell the difference between me and you, for example, so I'm not spooning food into your mouth, I spoon it into my own. Healthy self esteem is also necessary. However it is sin when we become attached to the point where we cant let go. This could be seen with wealth and greed and it can also be seen when we cannot let go of our pride in Humility. The bible depicts a sinfull ego as a "mountain" and it is the practice of faith, or the exterior application of love that "moves" somone from this position. Fasting is another good example, we do look at fasting as food so much, we more look at fasting in the "attachment to desire". In modern times if we are to fast, it would beach more appropriate to fast from phones, TV, laptops and anything along those lines we become attached to and use on a day to day basis.

Like pride and ego create individuality, so does creation in the sence that we are all physicle individual's. Its job is to create difference and separation. It is fragmentation. The essence of god or "the realm of heaven" is singular and consists of one. Nothing is seperate and their is no individuality (like the air). This is why when two people humble themselves in a dispute they become re united as one in conciousness. If I was perfect, and you where perfect we would both act, think and feel exactly the same way. 777 perfection of mind, body and spirit. 666 fragmentation of mind, body and spirit and symbolises attachment to the ego (sin and the mark of the beast).

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Ya spot on. The ego is something we possess for a reason. Its inherent in creation (infact it is creation). Matter clings to life as our ego and desire clings to possessions. It also enables us to tell the difference between me and you, for example, so I'm not spooning food into your mouth, I spoon it into my own. Healthy self esteem is also necessary. However it is sin when we become attached to the point where we cant let go. This could be seen with wealth and greed and it can also be seen when we cannot let go of our pride in Humility. The bible depicts a sinfull ego as a "mountain" and it is the practice of faith, or the exterior application of love that "moves" somone from this position. Fasting is another good example, we do look at fasting as food so much, we more look at fasting in the "attachment to desire". In modern times if we are to fast, it would beach more appropriate to fast from phones, TV, laptops and anything along those lines we become attached to and use on a day to day basis.

Like pride and ego create individuality, so does creation in the sence that we are all physicle individual's. Its job is to create difference and separation. It is fragmentation. The essence of god or "the realm of heaven" is singular and consists of one. Nothing is seperate and their is no individuality (like the air). This is why when two people humble themselves in a dispute they become re united as one in conciousness. If I was perfect, and you where perfect we would both act, think and feel exactly the same way. 777 perfection of mind, body and spirit. 666 fragmentation of mind, body and spirit and symbolises attachment to the ego (sin and the mark of the beast).
So how's your life effected in example of all these beliefs? Could you explain how faith, fasting, numerology, believing in God and heaven helps you day by day.
(You know I don't agree with living solely by belief based ideologies, especially the kind of beliefs that cause the person to not challenge what they believe. This I have seen in society and even in my own life to create terrible behavioral problems)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it comes down to lack of respect for others, people who pray on others, i would think that such becomes a driving force for their ego ?
I have seen such in people who are in a position of power over others.

Now i had a Builder mate and in talking to him over the years, i found out where he was truly coming from, he truly had no real regard for anyone ! Abuse was the key to his power and he worked for that ends ?

Now as to a child pedo i would suspect it's much the same intentions, they have no regards to the child at all ?

Now society lets people like Builders dominate and abuse sub contractors and one is easy abused freely and even out rightly full outright abuse, playing games on such a one ! but society does not give a rats in fact.

They make sure that they dominate over all and if subcontractor is not careful, they will gang up play games with you, so as to undermine you and send one broke. and They have plenty of games to play ? they love to keep everyone down.

Now as to the child abuse pedo it's the same field somewhat ? as one looks into this history, we see that High rank Police going right to the top of the State are the ones who have closed down investigations in fact ! and they get their orders from the Governments in fact. Reasons being ? who knows ! but they did and can get away with such and this comes back to the outright lack of respect for the people ?

Clearly they the Governments do not have respect for the people and they are not serving the people, they are serving themselves, just like the Builders do, not saying that all Builders are like such but i am not surprised to find such at all.

They the Governments have proven themselves to be low life trash as they happy add all sorts of depravity, it just make me sick to see such displayed.

Thing i found late in life that was such people are proud of their malice intents and really truly outright looked down on the one that they have abused and not to mention angered that one fell for it all ?
It's I am smarter and they stupid ?
They totally despise the one they dominated over ? I have seen the contempt that they have for their victim.

I would try to bring up Christianity to this mate and years later i found not to bother at all.
Now he comes up with christian claims but they are hollow.
He sees Christians as weaklings so he likes that, because he can abuse and dominate over such people, that he does not fear.
I have said yes it may look that way but when you come across any true real Christians, they are not stupid daft weakling numb skull's that bow down to idolize moronic rubbish that most is seen peddled.

You see he thinks Christians are morons but nice morons ? but he does not have a clue at all really.

He thinks he can take on Islam ? i said really, They will wipe the floor with simple shallow idiots like him, such would be like fighting the invisible man and he does not have a leg to stand on. for he is does not understand such at all.

So the Fox is in charge of the hen house in fact.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So how's your life effected in example of all these beliefs? Could you explain how faith, fasting, numerology, believing in God and heaven helps you day by day.
(You know I don't agree with living solely by belief based ideologies, especially the kind of beliefs that cause the person to not challenge what they believe. This I have seen in society and even in my own life to create terrible behavioral problems)
I wouldt say I believe any of what we are talking about, I would say that i have come to know it as Truth. I have done much self work along with study of lots of religions, mystic traditions, mythology etc. I reflect all these teaching apon myself and my own psyche hence it becomes Truth and understanding. It enables me to articulate it as Wisdom coming from my own conscience because when we know Truth we become a source of Truth. We become Truth itself. The closer to Truth we get the more we become awake and conciouse of everything around us and it enables us to discern what is true from deception and lies. It also holds the responsibility to shine it outways so that other people may know Truth. As is the Will of the Father.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I wouldt say I believe any of what we are talking about, I would say that i have come to know it as Truth. I have done much self work along with study of lots of religions, mystic traditions, mythology etc. I reflect all these teaching apon myself and my own psyche hence it becomes Truth and understanding. It enables me to articulate it as Wisdom coming from my own conscience because when we know Truth we become a source of Truth. We become Truth itself. The closer to Truth we get the more we become awake and conciouse of everything around us and it enables us to discern what is true from deception and lies. It also holds the responsibility to shine it outways so that other people may know Truth. As is the Will of the Father.
A little bit of love would be nice.

Reactions: RLT63