The Devil is trying to choke my faith; the Devil says "you're not allowed to believe, unless you have from the start" (its making me mad!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I have been through the whole back sliding thing and come to the conclusion that I both need a second wind and greater grace from God - and this is where the Devil hits me: the Devil says "no, you have become backsliding, there is no more hope for you" and "no God does not want to give you greater grace, you are already a sinner". It is making me really mad! God can do anything, why would He just want believers who believe what they are told? Doesn't God want believers that are able to think for themselves? That would make sense?

So anyway, I am still praying and I still trust God, I am just mad at the Devil, that he thinks he knows what faith is and what not and for some reason I have to come down to his level, to make it clear THAT I SERVE THE LORD. The Holy Spirit hasn't abandoned me, if anything our faith has grown stronger, which I suppose is something great - I just don't understand why the Devil has to evaluate our faith, as if it is his business whether we believe or not? In part I think it is because he lives by instinct, and if he can't tell what is happening by instinct, he doesn't trust God - which is his problem, but it would be wrong if we didn't help?

I guess the mystery of Christ will make the difference, because if there is greater mystery to His Power, then there is greater faith. I'm not sure if you can just arrive at the knowledge of the mystery of the faith, without struggling, which is why I have come to the point where I am almost stuck. God doesn't want me to be stuck, but I have to do my part and let Him know "I am stuck!". In time I will see the pitfalls coming, which will be great - I just think in the meantime it would be great if the Holy Spirit reminded me "don't lose your temper!" Even now I wonder if I am abusing my faith, by suggesting that the Holy Spirit should have an answer to the circumstances I find myself in?

Anyway, the more I see the Devil defeated, the more I realise it is easier to just pray and trust God, and I have you (my Heavenly Family) to thank for the endurance of the faith - I think together we can learn not to covet the things of this life, and put God first place, the moreso as we overcome the flesh. If God receives the Glory, it is worth telling the story!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I have been through the whole back sliding thing and come to the conclusion that I both need a second wind and greater grace from God - and this is where the Devil hits me: the Devil says "no, you have become backsliding, there is no more hope for you" and "no God does not want to give you greater grace, you are already a sinner". It is making me really mad! God can do anything, why would He just want believers who believe what they are told? Doesn't God want believers that are able to think for themselves? That would make sense?

So anyway, I am still praying and I still trust God, I am just mad at the Devil, that he thinks he knows what faith is and what not and for some reason I have to come down to his level, to make it clear THAT I SERVE THE LORD. The Holy Spirit hasn't abandoned me, if anything our faith has grown stronger, which I suppose is something great - I just don't understand why the Devil has to evaluate our faith, as if it is his business whether we believe or not? In part I think it is because he lives by instinct, and if he can't tell what is happening by instinct, he doesn't trust God - which is his problem, but it would be wrong if we didn't help?

I guess the mystery of Christ will make the difference, because if there is greater mystery to His Power, then there is greater faith. I'm not sure if you can just arrive at the knowledge of the mystery of the faith, without struggling, which is why I have come to the point where I am almost stuck. God doesn't want me to be stuck, but I have to do my part and let Him know "I am stuck!". In time I will see the pitfalls coming, which will be great - I just think in the meantime it would be great if the Holy Spirit reminded me "don't lose your temper!" Even now I wonder if I am abusing my faith, by suggesting that the Holy Spirit should have an answer to the circumstances I find myself in?

Anyway, the more I see the Devil defeated, the more I realise it is easier to just pray and trust God, and I have you (my Heavenly Family) to thank for the endurance of the faith - I think together we can learn not to covet the things of this life, and put God first place, the moreso as we overcome the flesh. If God receives the Glory, it is worth telling the story!
Stop it!

Your driving your self crazy....

Gottservant... God loves you.... God will not burn you forever... ie....
the wages of sin is death!

You have only to love your neighbors...and you are doing well... (ie) Leave them alone and don't try and hurt or take advantage of them! Nothing more... but help out the needy if you can... Yet...don't stress on it!

You need to start... to enjoy life... and stop worring about the docterine of Hell...

You can't Love others if your too freaked out about Hell all the time...

This is going to seem confusing... BUT...
Would you do to others... What you think God is going to do to you if you back slide?

I don't think you would ever torture any one for Eternity.... Yet... You seem think God will....

Your God's creation.... It is impossible for you to have more... love, compassion and patients that your own creator...

God is Love.... Your not! Think about it

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Always remember 1 John 1:9....If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Accept your forgiveness and cleansing and move on in your faith. Also, always remember you are a child of God through Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

I go thru something similar with schizophrenia. God tells me he is going to save me, but I feel like he won't. I will pray for you.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go thru something similar with schizophrenia. God tells me he is going to save me, but I feel like he won't. I will pray for you.
Well dev, I suppose it's a good thing that faith does not depend on our "feelings" or "emotions", amen. That's a hard one, I too battle in this area.
Uphill battle brother!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anyway, I am still praying and I still trust God, I am just mad at the Devil, that he thinks he knows what faith is and what not and for some reason I have to come down to his level, to make it clear THAT I SERVE THE LORD.
Just ignore him. Resist the devil and he will run away. Father, I pray you would give to this one much strength in Your Holy Spirit, in Jesus' Name, to the glory of God.

Much love!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't bother trying to figure the devil out. He's there to kill, steal and destroy by any means necessary. He will do anything to get an advantage over us in our spiritual life. Focus on God, which is what it sounds like you're doing.

Reactions: marks and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well dev, I suppose it's a good thing that faith does not depend on our "feelings" or "emotions", amen. That's a hard one, I too battle in this area.
Uphill battle brother!
True, our faith is not to be dictated by emotions or feelings. Elsewise we will have a very up and down spiritual life.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is clearly a lie: God "brings" people to Him. That is why at first they did not believe. Everything has a beginning. Your parents believed because their parents believed or something brought them to believe. You believed in the same way. I hope that helps.

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks guys, you've been a great help.

I came to the realisation that I am trying to sever my past, from my testimony - that is, I am trying to create a testimony that has no negatives (from the past). But God embraces the negatives!

I am always going to have past sin, the point is to acknowledge it in a way that allows it to die.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the point is, is that treating all sins as though they are the same sin, is an anti-christ.

Some sins are worse than others, we must learn to be discerning about what is able to tempt us.

Forgive me, yes, but don't keep forgiving me, even when my sin is unchanging!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 94:17-19
[17]Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
[18]When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
[19]In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

❤️

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks guys, you've been a great help.

I came to the realisation that I am trying to sever my past, from my testimony - that is, I am trying to create a testimony that has no negatives (from the past). But God embraces the negatives!

I am always going to have past sin, the point is to acknowledge it in a way that allows it to die.
That is, without God, we will sin because there are evil forces we need to recognize as well as good forces which are of God so we need to follow that path. Amen.

Reactions: Debp

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point is, is that treating all sins as though they are the same sin, is an anti-christ.

Some sins are worse than others, we must learn to be discerning about what is able to tempt us.

Forgive me, yes, but don't keep forgiving me, even when my sin is unchanging!
satan wants to keep bringing up your past. He uses it to bring you down. He will tell you how evil you were. god could never forgive you because you did this (whatever we did)

Remember,

Saul was a murderer of Gods people. God changed his name to paul and the rest is history.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
satan wants to keep bringing up your past. He uses it to bring you down. He will tell you how evil you were. god could never forgive you because you did this (whatever we did)

Remember,

Saul was a murderer of Gods people. God changed his name to paul and the rest is history.
A good example was JESUS and the women in adultery . He said who has condemned thee
and she said no man has LORD , then JESUS said NOR DO I , YET HE ALSO SAID , NOW GO and SIN NO MORE .
so we have to keep that in mind as well . YES , Yes we need not to once look back at our past sins
but we must also keep in mind that JESUS never was or will be the MINSTIR OF SIN . meaning
He wont be holding rainbows , or hundred dollar bills love of money junk or any sin will he honor .
New creatures is what it means . And sin and error MUST always be CORRECTED within the church . ALWAYS .
never are we to heed men who try and teach us a false method . the method that says
OH dont brow beat , they have it hard enough in life already , just preach a best life postive message and dont correct
dont judge . Cause THAT IS HOW LEAVEN RAGES THE PLACE FULL and FAST too . ALL SIN must be always CORRECTED
within the church . ALWAYS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Remember,

Saul was a murderer of Gods people . Yet the new man WAS NOT .
Saul was a blasphemer of GOD and the gospel . YEt the new man was NOT .
THE POINT of this message i now make and declare unto us all , to remind us all of something that most churches no longer
remind about ...........
IF YA LIFE AINT BEEN CHANGED , but you still holding to your sins and justifying your sins , even honoring you sins
WELL , YE AINT BEEN CONVERTED at all . Thus the next time we see a man preaching ya best life now
and grab that money and GOD wants ya RICH WITH MONIES , my advice is , OOPS that be a wolf in wool getting rich
and yet making himself very poor , OFF the backs of the peoples .
The next time we see a rainbow getting set up in a church and folks trying to say this is all well and fine
BETTER KNOW and understand SOMETHING IS DEAD WRONG .
cause paul was not living as the old saul after HIS CONVERSION .
JESUS CONVERTS , JESUS DONT PERVERT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good example was JESUS and the women in adultery . He said who has condemned thee
and she said no man has LORD , then JESUS said NOR DO I , YET HE ALSO SAID , NOW GO and SIN NO MORE .
so we have to keep that in mind as well . YES , Yes we need not to once look back at our past sins
but we must also keep in mind that JESUS never was or will be the MINSTIR OF SIN . meaning
He wont be holding rainbows , or hundred dollar bills love of money junk or any sin will he honor .
New creatures is what it means . And sin and error MUST always be CORRECTED within the church . ALWAYS .
never are we to heed men who try and teach us a false method . the method that says
OH dont brow beat , they have it hard enough in life already , just preach a best life postive message and dont correct
dont judge . Cause THAT IS HOW LEAVEN RAGES THE PLACE FULL and FAST too . ALL SIN must be always CORRECTED
within the church . ALWAYS .
The HS will not allow us to ignore our future sin.

Heb 12: 3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. 4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. 5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

“My son, do not despise the [c]chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saul was a murderer of Gods people . Yet the new man WAS NOT .
Saul was a blasphemer of GOD and the gospel . YEt the new man was NOT .
THE POINT of this message i now make and declare unto us all , to remind us all of something that most churches no longer
remind about ...........
IF YA LIFE AINT BEEN CHANGED , but you still holding to your sins and justifying your sins , even honoring you sins
WELL , YE AINT BEEN CONVERTED at all . Thus the next time we see a man preaching ya best life now
and grab that money and GOD wants ya RICH WITH MONIES , my advice is , OOPS that be a wolf in wool getting rich
and yet making himself very poor , OFF the backs of the peoples .
The next time we see a rainbow getting set up in a church and folks trying to say this is all well and fine
BETTER KNOW and understand SOMETHING IS DEAD WRONG .
cause paul was not living as the old saul after HIS CONVERSION .
JESUS CONVERTS , JESUS DONT PERVERT .
I understand your passion my friend.

This thread is about satan condemning us for past sin.. Lets not get off tack..

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo