Where does the Pope get his authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
a harlot can be one who sleeps with men and etc
but a THE HARLOT is spiritual .
her fornication is against GOD and her cup is full of it too .
The harlot rides upon the beast and many do her work .
to cause the peoples to commit fornication . and i dont mean physical fornication
but rather spiritual fornication with el diablo himself .
Just a friendly reminder to all .
as far as the popes , DONT HEED A ONE OF THEM .
and believe me when i say PETER was never a pope .
WHEN peter entered in the house of cornelious
and cornilieous tried to kneel before him
HE did not say HEY BOY , wait till i am seated in my chair and kiss my ring .
HE SAID GET THE HECK UP man , i am but a man like YOU .
EVERY POPE has been called and loved to be called MOST HOLY REVERAND OR FATHER . SUMTHING AINT RIGHT SISTER .
SUM , i say SOMETHING aint right at all with that picture .
JESUS warned even his own to beware of men who go about with long robes and to be seen of men
and called this or that . YET , OOOPS many are not bewaring such men at all .
That was an interesting read..xx

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and watch out for pope francis . HE has a more humble like appearance
about him , YET he has done far more to decieve than most have .
Watch out cause even the devil cometh NOT as an angry monster to decieve
but appears to always have our best interest at heart , YET TO DECIEVE . watch the heck out for this .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HE did not say HEY BOY , wait till i am seated in my chair and kiss my ring .
HE SAID GET THE HECK UP man , i am but a man like YOU .
EVERY POPE has been called and loved to be called MOST HOLY REVERAND OR FATHER . SUMTHING AINT RIGHT SISTER .
So am I right in saying that the Pope is worshipped ?

If so, why is he worshipped?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was an interesting read..xx
The lambs help one another dear sister . FOR THE LORD has his sheep and HE works through the sheep .
This too is why i have long remined us to get back into our bibles .
IT was GOD , HIS SPIRIT that put me in that book so as i could learn BY HIS SPIRIT .
I desire good for all , even those who hate me sister . Even those who hate me .
But if one rises to decieve , then that one gets warned against . And i see many who now
decieve the peoples into a love that never came FROM GOD
and its love does not HONOR THE SON , THUS IT DONT HONOR THE FATHER
its love honors sins too , certain sins . IT must be warned against .
Let the lambs continue to grow in the grace of GOD , be in the bible and be exhorting one another daily .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So am I right in saying that the Pope is worshipped ?

If so, why is he worshipped?
Cause men love to exalt men . THE thing is , let us WORSHIP GOD and not men .
let us adorn the doctrine of GOD and CHRIST and not contrary doctrines of men .
The simple truth is , many are not BORN again .
and thus they do as they do with carnal minds , they learn through carnal minds .
But that mind cannot recieve the things of GOD . at best it can only know some truths
BUT NOT THE TRUTH . it can have some knowlege BUT NOT THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD .
many have come to another image , another jesus , another gospel . now this is a fact .
BUT its the duty of the lambs to REMIND all of the TRUTH .
whoever hears hears whoever rejects rejects . I cannot , you cannot , man cannot give the increase
BUT BY GRACE WE CAN SPEAK AND LIVE THE TRUTH . and that is our duty . TO LOVE GOD ,
which means we LOVE JESUS CHRIST , BELEIVE JESUS CHRIST , and to love one another .
SPeak truth , live by and heed the SPIRIT
and if any do err we correct such . But beware my dear sister , not all who claim JESUS CHRIST are OF JESUS CHRIST
and many have come from within to seduce .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the dragon gave him his power and a great seat ..............................................................
WHO , WHAT
is the largest influencer of this world . You see its influence in politicians
in churches
EVEN OVER the other religoins .
WHO are the IMAMS meeting with for world peace n safety , for unity and common ground .
WHO is leading in this .
NOT even the politicaians have united the muslim world with the christains and jews , LIKE THIS POPE HAS .
THE VATICAN YIELDS GREAT POWER and INFLUENCE over the world .
WHERE do you think this common ground unity stuff came from
THIS merging of the denominations , THIS mergering of the religoins
THE VATICAN folks . I NEVER SEEN SUCH POWER and Influence over the world .
NO politican , not america , not china , not any nation HAS POWER LIKE THIS PLACE .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and the dragon gave him his power and a great seat ..............................................................
WHO , WHAT
is the largest influencer of this world . You see its influence in politicians
in churches
EVEN OVER the other religoins .
WHO are the IMAMS meeting with for world peace n safety , for unity and common ground .
WHO is leading in this .
NOT even the politicaians have united the muslim world with the christains and jews , LIKE THIS POPE HAS .
THE VATICAN YIELDS GREAT POWER and INFLUENCE over the world .
WHERE do you think this common ground unity stuff came from
THIS merging of the denominations , THIS mergering of the religoins
THE VATICAN folks . I NEVER SEEN SUCH POWER and Influence over the world .
NO politican , not america , not china , not any nation HAS POWER LIKE THIS PLACE .
Does the pope believe in gay marriage?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE never has said he does . But he does do what others before have done , and his message and weak stance
will lead to its acceptance .. HOWEVER HE has never approved of it to my knowledge .
BUT What he has approved of is perhaps even worse .
HE has given a speech saying about how the other religoins are coming to GOD in their own way
and that we all worship the same GOD . THAT IS A LIE RITA . A LIE .
you need to watch his twenty sixteen speech and prayer . ITS ON THE VATICAN WEBSITE .
IT WAS TOTAL BAD NEWS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he once said the church does not accept it etc . But again the way he word plays
and does things , makes the churches to become unequally yoked . I have seen this approach before
in the prostestant realm . And it didnt take too long before it became accepted .
But he himself has never approved of it .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think he once said the church does not accept it etc . But again the way he word plays
and does things , makes the churches to become unequally yoked . I have seen this approach before
in the prostestant realm . And it didnt take too long before it became accepted .
But he himself has never approved of it .
Never knew that, thanks for explaining,xx

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
watch his twenty sixteen video . It had mulisms , buddists and etc
LOOK at what he says and implies . that all are coming to GOD in different ways . ITS A LIE RITA .
JESUS IS GETTING DENIED . this is about the worst thing one can teach .
YET he is slick cause he still tries to claim certain things . THEY ARE SLICK RITA . watch out .
HE is an inclusivists .
what that means is , THEY wont deny JESUS IS THE SAVOIR
BUT they dont believe one has to necessarily BELIEVE ON HIM .
ITS a slick message ofa lie rita .
IF JESUS HIMSELF told the unbeliving jews they were of their father the devil
THEN HOW CAN ANY OTHER RELIGOIN be doing the works of GOD .
THEY DONT BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST . that means anti christ .
You see this is all about a merging of all religoins under a concept of what they all see as love
and to be as one . THE true gospel is seen as only in the way
and the social inclusive gospel is their way now . JESUS IS GETTING DENIED SISTER .
THE dire need to repent to believe on HIM is GETTING TROD under foot . THIS IS THE MOST SERIOUS LIE OF ALL .
IT wont save them .
THEY Try and say things like HEY there are good muslims , good buddists , good atheists .
REALLY . I say NONE ARE GOOD . THAT ONLY GOD IS GOOD
and THUS , YEAH WE NEED JESUS CHRIST .
but they imply that if these other religoins are simply DOING some good , loving their neighbor etc
THEN THEY ARE OF GOD . NOT TRUE .
JESUS told the jews , YE ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL . EVEN WHEN THEY TOLD HIM WE HAVE ONE FATHER , GOD .
NO FAITH , NO BELIEF IN JESUS , MEANS THEY DO NOT KNOW , LOVE GOD at all .
This lie is fast becoming the new norm . NOT ON MY WATCH . it will be warned against . AND JESUS ALONE POINTED TOO

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
watch his twenty sixteen video . It had mulisms , buddists and etc
LOOK at what he says and implies . that all are coming to GOD in different ways . ITS A LIE RITA .
JESUS IS GETTING DENIED . this is about the worst thing one can teach .
YET he is slick cause he still tries to claim certain things . THEY ARE SLICK RITA . watch out .
HE is an inclusivists .
what that means is , THEY wont deny JESUS IS THE SAVOIR
BUT they dont believe one has to necessarily BELIEVE ON HIM .
ITS a slick message ofa lie rita .
IF JESUS HIMSELF told the unbeliving jews they were of their father the devil
THEN HOW CAN ANY OTHER RELIGOIN be doing the works of GOD .
THEY DONT BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST . that means anti christ .
You see this is all about a merging of all religoins under a concept of what they all see as love
and to be as one . THE true gospel is seen as only in the way
and the social inclusive gospel is their way now . JESUS IS GETTING DENIED SISTER .
THE dire need to repent to believe on HIM is GETTING TROD under foot . THIS IS THE MOST SERIOUS LIE OF ALL .
IT wont save them .
THEY Try and say things like HEY there are good muslims , good buddists , good atheists .
REALLY . I say NONE ARE GOOD . THAT ONLY GOD IS GOOD
and THUS , YEAH WE NEED JESUS CHRIST .
but they imply that if these other religoins are simply DOING some good , loving their neighbor etc
THEN THEY ARE OF GOD . NOT TRUE .
JESUS told the jews , YE ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL . EVEN WHEN THEY TOLD HIM WE HAVE ONE FATHER , GOD .
NO FAITH , NO BELIEF IN JESUS , MEANS THEY DO NOT KNOW , LOVE GOD at all .
This lie is fast becoming the new norm . NOT ON MY WATCH . it will be warned against . AND JESUS ALONE POINTED TOO

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a valid point actually…..how Jesus is portrayed in Catholic art and statuary is how they want people to see him….as either a helpless baby or as a dead man hanging on a cross…..neither depicts the conquering King that our Lord Jesus became upon his return to heaven.
In the Revelation this “King of kings and Lord of lords” rides in victory, leading his angelic army into battle….

Rev 19: 11-16…
”I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness. 12 His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained* with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God. 14 Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. 15 And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.”

There he is….not portrayed in any manner such as he is portrayed in Roman Catholicism.

He is a mighty King about to take vengeance upon the nations who have shown his Father no respect, and upon whom he pours out the wrath of God in judging those nations who have made themselves enemies of God.

Revelation 19:19-21 says….
“I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army. And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who render worship to its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulphur. But the rest were killed off with the long sword of the one seated on the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth. And all the birds were filled from the fleshy parts of them.”

This is a war against the human enemies of God who are gathered on the side of the devil as God’s adversaries. All who side with them, will be counted in with them….Just as God said about “Babylon the great”…..those who obey the directive to “get out of her my people, if you do not want to save in her sins and receive part of her plagues”, (Rev 18:4-5) will have separated from all false worship sown by the devil, and will be in the safest of hands when this world is brought to its well deserved end.

Where will we be found?…..by our words and actions we proclaim our position…..for God….or against him.
For true worship…..or supporting a disgusting counterfeit.

Hey good point. I did not think of that one... "a helpless baby."

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't teach anything, and what I believe is irrelevant to this conversation. Let's leave the Episcopal Church out of it, and any "lies" it may or may not perpetuate. You accused me of lying on this site a bunch of times, in what I wrote. Either back up that accusation, or apologize.
You are a trinity guy. When you point your finger at me you are pointing 3 back at yourself. You drew first blood. Not me.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Jane,

I am a day late and a dollar short on this conversation so it may have already been addressed. Does this passage fulfil the requirement to support a day of rest:

On the seventh day God completed the work he had been doing; he rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken.
Perhaps read some of my posts in this thread…I have explained in great detail what the scriptures say about the Sabbath observance…..there is no command for Christians to observe a Sabbath…that was part of God’s law given only to Israel. There were a few different Sabbaths mentioned in the Law.

There is no command NOT to have a day of rest, which speaking physically and mentally, would surely be a beneficial thing. But Sabbath observance is not a “requirement”, which some here will argue this point.

Reactions: TheHC

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts on that are this...

We cannot live by faith in what Christ has done for us and still think our obedience to written laws are necessary. To do so takes away from the perfect work of Christ and places salvation and righteousness back in our own hands.
So, as long as a wife has faith that her husband loves him, she can cheat on him left, right, and center, right?

BTW, what do you call a man who lets his wife sleep with other dudes in front of him? A "cuck".

My Jesus is no "cuck", my friend.

You either prove your love for Him by obeying the Ten Commandments or prove you don't love Him by disobeying them...just like what happens between a husband and a wife, right?