Where does the Pope get his authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt. 7:1-5
“Stop judging,* that you may not be judged.
For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.
Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove that splinter from your eye,’ while the wooden beam is in your eye?
You hypocrite,* remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye.

The Pharisees judged Jesus with the same certitude you judge His Mystical Body, the Catholic Church. Coincidence? I think not.
Again you quote from the gospels that was not written to Christians.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that you are very afar from what the vast majority of Christians believe, yes? Are you a Gnostic, believing in some secret information?
I'm an expert in biblical data concerning the New Testament. I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32).

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That simply isn’t true.

Modern Christianity was born when the boss changed.
I do not believe the Catholic church teaches the Bible. I have asked a few folks over the years to tell me what they ever taught that was biblical and so far nothing. Who sits on the throne does not seem to matter in my opinion.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Papa Pope has a family with one billion members.

And sadly... they are NOT any of the folks the Lord claims as being His family....

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Those following extra biblical doctrine are not God's family since they aren't following His Word and are not one with Him

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

• Wow
Reactions: The Learner

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe the Catholic church teaches the Bible. I have asked a few folks over the years to tell me what they ever taught that was biblical and so far nothing. Who sits on the throne does not seem to matter in my opinion.
You believe in false caricatures, misrepresentations and blatant lies about the Catholic Church. You are a minority of anti-Catholics within a minority, a whole different breed of anti-Catholics, and you do not speak for all Protestants. There is nothing "Christian" about bigotry. Your replies to counterarguments always includes off topic flaming zingers making discussion with you impossible.

Last edited:
  • Love

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe in false caricatures, misrepresentations and blatant lies about the Catholic Church. You are a minority of anti-Catholics within a minority, a whole different breed of anti-Catholics, and you do not speak for all Protestants. There is nothing "Christian" about bigotry. Your replies to counterarguments always includes off topic flaming zingers making discussion with you impossible.

Just telling the truth.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just telling the truth.
Peter, keep in mind that the Pharisees had an equal amount of certitude that they were right about Jesus being a blasphemer as you do that the Catholic Church is wrong. If nothing, it should give you pause. I suspect your bigotry has blinded you to the truth.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, keep in mind that the Pharisees had an equal amount of certitude that they were right about Jesus being a blasphemer as you do that the Catholic Church is wrong. If nothing, it should give you pause. I suspect your bigotry has blinded you to the truth.
And I think the same of you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And still... catholics cannot explain why praying to mary is not in the bible smile-grin12.gif

If it was a thing, Jesus would have told us... "you fellas need to do a seance
and git in touch with my momma and see if she'll put in a good word for you
"

• Haha

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still... catholics cannot explain why praying to mary is not in the bible View attachment 42383

If it was a thing, Jesus would have told us... "you fellas need to do a seance
and git in touch with my momma and see if she'll put in a good word for you
"
It's not just Mary. I can't think of anything the Catholics teach that's correct.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not just Mary. I can't think of anything the Catholics teach that's correct.

Well, that';s the obvious one and it's the one almost all catholic quickly get mad
about since they have all made an idol out of mary and are guilty of the sin of idolatry

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that';s the obvious one and it's the one almost all catholic quickly get mad
about since they have all made an idol out of mary and are guilty of the sin of idolatry

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
The trinity is their flag ship. I use it as a gauge that tells me if they believe it then it's probably wrong.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right now I'm working on sin nature because I just learned a few years ago that the Catholics started that one to.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:14
The "Word" is the wisdom, plan or purpose of God and the Word became flesh as Jesus Christ. Thus, Jesus Christ was the Word in the flesh, which is shortened to the Word for ease of speaking. Scripture is also the Word in writing.
Everyone agrees that the Word in writing had a beginning. So did the Word in the flesh. In fact, the Greek text of Matthew 1:18 says that very clearly: "Now the beginning of Jesus Christ was in this manner..." The modern Greek texts all read "beginning" in Matthew 1:18. Birth is considered an acceptable translation since the beginning of some things is birth, and so most translations read birth. Nevertheless, the proper understanding of Matthew 1:18 is the beginning of Jesus Christ. In the beginning God had a plan, a purpose, which became flesh when Jesus was conceived.
The Son’s FLECH had a beginning.
The Son ALWAYS existed – prior to becoming flesh.

Paul tells us that the Son was also a Rock that followed the Israelites in the desert (1 Cor. 10:4). According to YOU – the Son only came into being when He was manifested as flesh.

In Genesis, when God created man – He is described as a plurality of Persons, but ONE Being:
Gen, 1:26

Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

John echoes this truth ion
John 1:1