Where is the kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom of God is within our hearts (Luke 17:21). It is the spirit of Jesus which is unconditional, selfless, sacrificial, merciful, humble, ever-forgiving and faithful. This spirit is instilled in every human heart (Ezekiel 36:27) through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit (Romans 10:9), are enabled by the spirit to love their enemies, do good to those who hurt and betray them, offer the other cheek if struck on one, give without expecting anything in return, bring healing to their offenders by their prayers and acts of sacrificial love (Matthew 5:43-48), consider others as superior to them, seek the interest of others over their own (Philippians 2:3-4) and stay faithful to their marriage vows even when there is hurt and unfaithfulness (Luke 6:18 & Hosea 3:1).

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes...the Kingdom of God is within us but it is also a place Matthew 8:11, Matthew 11:11, Luke 13:28-29, Luke 14:15, and it is a government made up of the Godhead... :) just my 2cents

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...because arun has quoted the first group....and if you look carefully, I have quoted the second group. The third one is bigger than the O/T allows...meaning I will have to start a new thread re: the government of our God and his Kingdom... :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
arunangelo said:
The kingdom of God is within our hearts (Luke 17:21). It is the spirit of Jesus which is unconditional, selfless, sacrificial, merciful, humble, ever-forgiving and faithful. This spirit is instilled in every human heart (Ezekiel 36:27) through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit (Romans 10:9), are enabled by the spirit to love their enemies, do good to those who hurt and betray them, offer the other cheek if struck on one, give without expecting anything in return, bring healing to their offenders by their prayers and acts of sacrificial love (Matthew 5:43-48), consider others as superior to them, seek the interest of others over their own (Philippians 2:3-4) and stay faithful to their marriage vows even when there is hurt and unfaithfulness (Luke 6:18 & Hosea 3:1).
All well and good, however... there will... be a literal Kingdom under Christ Jesus upon all nations on this earth when He returns at His second coming. That is a lot of what the Revelation 20 chapter is about, and also OT Scripture like Ezekiel 40 through 48.

Christ Kingdom, even today, is not just a spiritual idea without physical substance. It is already manifested here on earth in part, through His Church in all... nations that believe on Him and The Father. It is God's people that will inherit this earth, not Satan and the wicked. So we have no need to leave. Instead, Christ is going to subdue the wicked during His future thousand years reign with His elect servants (Rev.20; Zech.14; Rev.22:14-15). Satan's servants on this earth don't stand a chance.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
arunangelo said:
Hell is also in our hearts when one walks contrary to the Word of God they suffer the torments of a hellish life.
Men have not yet understood that you reap exactly what you dish out and what we keep in our hearts comes out of our mouth. And we always eat the fruit that our lips produce(say).

Matt 12:33-37
33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
KJV

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, gee this is the third Forum I have seen this post.
I answered once.
That's it for me.

I don't care for duplicate posts...at least change it up a bit...it lacks imagination and freshness..
I never write the same post....it would be like a bad chiropractor.
Sorry, my opinion.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This does not even sound like miss Hepburn?...who are you and what have you done with miss H? :huh:

Well, gee this is the third Forum I have seen this post.
I answered once.
That's it for me.
I don't care for duplicate posts...at least change it up a bit...it lacks imagination and freshness..
I never write the same post....it would be like a bad chiropractor.
To fulfill your requirements, we would have to follow you around various forums to ensure that they do not duplicate any threads that are posted here and we just don't have the man power to do that love. :unsure:

Bless you!