Where is the New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Speculation when He said the Old has passed away and all things have been made new. Revelation 19:8
[8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Was there shame in the garden over nakedness before sin entered in? Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

They don’t marry.
Are as the angels.
Neither male nor female.
What's this? Another mishmash of unrelated Scriptures? And calling it "speculation" when the Bible clearly states what you just quote from Rev 19:8?

The fact that the Marriage of the Lamb takes place in Heaven means that human marriages -- as on the earth -- are not taking place in Heaven, but a very special marriage of Christ and His Bride takes place.

And the angels were never created to marry, since they are ALL MASCULINE -- all males.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's this? Another mishmash of unrelated Scriptures? And calling it "speculation" when the Bible clearly states what you just quote from Rev 19:8?

The fact that the Marriage of the Lamb takes place in Heaven means that human marriages -- as on the earth -- are not taking place in Heaven, but a very special marriage of Christ and His Bride takes place.

And the angels were never created to marry, since they are ALL MASCULINE -- all males.

Going to sleep. Not going to debate over it. Been told for most of my life that one day I will stand before God literally naked and He is going to judge me. How shameful that will be standing mute and completely nude before your creator. To me that is a lie. Nudity has nothing to do with it but instead ...transparency where the creator sees all I’ve ever done.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Been told for most of my life that one day I will stand before God literally naked and He is going to judge me. How shameful that will be standing mute and completely nude before your creator. To me that is a lie.
Of course that is a lie, and you have have seen Revelation 19:8. But that has nothing to do with what was being discussed.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course that is a lie, and you have have seen Revelation 19:8. But that has nothing to do with what was being discussed.

Sure it does. We are discussing New Jerusalem and where it is. Is it literal or spiritual. Revelation 21:23-24
[23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

New Jerusalem lights their path?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Going to sleep. Not going to debate over it. Been told for most of my life that one day I will stand before God literally naked and He is going to judge me. How shameful that will be standing mute and completely nude before your creator. To me that is a lie. Nudity has nothing to do with it but instead ...transparency where the creator sees all I’ve ever done.
The issue is really to have a covering for sin, to have the Saviour speaking on the believers behalf before a holy God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure it does. We are discussing New Jerusalem and where it is. Is it literal or spiritual. Revelation 21:23-24
[23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

New Jerusalem lights their path?
Hebrews 12.22 has a similar picture of the heavenly Jerusalem.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12.22 has a similar picture of the heavenly Jerusalem.

Which mountain the one burning or the one with just men made perfect? Did the mountain burning with the presence of God change or man’s approach in coming boldly before the burning presence of God? Revelation 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Why a ‘white’ cloud when in the OT darkness is under His feet?

Exodus 14:20
[20] And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them , but it gave light by night to these : so that the one came not near the other all the night.

Proverbs 25:14
[14] Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.

Jude 1:12-13
[12] These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; [13] Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Jesus Christ walked on the sea and it (the sea) was subdued underneathe His feet. By faith He called peter out to walk above the raging waves of the water in the calm. is the church called to walk by faith above the raging waves? Don’t misunderstand I’m not suggesting He never walked on water only spiritually is possibly more there to the literal? Which is more likely by faith for you to go out on the literal sea and walk on walk ...or by faith walk above a raging sea of men foaming out their shame in darkness? Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

the New Jerusalem: there were adornments that were outward in the OT...the adornments inward in the NT.
Revelation 21:1-2 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. [2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.—-adorned inEphesians 5:8-9 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: [9] (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

The New Jerusalem which is from above: could it also not be New Jerusalem is lifted higher in Christ and set above all positionally...where the throne of God and the Lamb is above all men...

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were Adam and Eve shamefully naked before they sinned? Absolutely not! There was no shame involved until after they disobeyed God. Then they made themselves a covering but God apparently considered it inadequate. But the fig leaves and the skins were temporary. Jesus was sent, among other reasons, to make it possible for us again to be without shame...

"Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

Jesus brought to those who would have it, a better garment... that is a better covering:

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:13-17

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been thinking about something.

We are told there will be many mansions. But since the Greek word means dwelling place and we don't need to sleep, eat, etc, what will our dwelling places be like?

A palatial building? Our own Eden? Or something design specifically for us?

The question of personal curiosity, nothing critical.