Where is the New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:22-23
[22] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Even the description is not literal.

John 11:9-10
[9] Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. [10] But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Not literal.

John 8:12
[12] Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Not literal.

Revelation 21:21
[21] And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Not literal.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, after His resurrection, when Christ appeared to His apostles, and they became fearful that He was a spirit, He asked them for some food to show that He was not a spirit but He had flesh and bones.

Consider ‘eat no meat with blood in it.’

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider ‘eat no meat with blood in it.’
At least none of the wrong blood, that red liquid that keeps the man and beast of flesh living a carnal life equal to death in the eyes of God. The real Life giving blood is not red. It is rather that Holy Spirit. If it is to be any color, I would choose to call it white, but certainly it is that which has been shed upon us, is it not?

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;" Titus 3:5-6

Consider whether or not Jesus is the Head, while we are the Body and the Holy Spirit is the blood which gives Life to and connects it all together in One?

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least none of the wrong blood, that red liquid that keeps the man and beast of flesh living a carnal life equal to death in the eyes of God. The real Life giving blood is not red. It is rather that Holy Spirit. If it is to be any color, I would choose to call it white, but certainly it is that which has been shed upon us, is it not?

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;" Titus 3:5-6

Consider whether or Jesus is the Head, while we are the Body and the Holy Spirit is the blood which gives Life to and connects it all together in One?

Life is in the blood.

Every piece of meat anyone eats has residual blood. But the animal is killed, drained and cooked before eating. Otherwise you are risking some serious problems.

Christ shed his blood on the cross when he sacrificed his flesh.

He ascended to heaven and the crucified bloody body and offer it to the father as a sin offering.

When we repent that offering is applied to our spirits and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

The Lord's table is symbolic of them offering. The bread his flesh and the wine his body.

No one actually ate his body and drink his blood of the Lord's table. So when such as a Catholics claim in their ritual is actual blood and body that simply is not.

And the Lord's table says the partakers each drink wine, not just the priests as in Catholicism.

Not to mention there are no priests in the Bible in earthly church churches.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is in the blood.
Yes, but there is what carnal man considers life and what God considers Life... They are certainly NOT the same.

Every piece of meat anyone eats has residual blood. But the animal is killed, drained and cooked before eating. Otherwise you are risking some serious problems.
But what kind of a problem do we have eating the flesh of Jesus so long as we do not mix it with the flesh of men? That is, we should not mix the Word of God with the words of men.

Christ shed his blood on the cross when he sacrificed his flesh.
The red blood of his carnal flesh, the flesh of his physical body, but not the Blood which gives Life to the Body of Christ. That Blood was poured out upon all flesh beginning with the day of Pentecost according to Joel 2:28 and Acts chapter 2.

He ascended to heaven and the crucified bloody body and offer it to the father as a sin offering.
Did He?

When we repent that offering is applied to our spirits and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Is it?

The Lord's table is symbolic of them offering. The bread his flesh and the wine his body.
His flesh is simply the dead scripture. The wine is the Holy Spirit which must also be consumed to bring the scripture to Life so it may be the Word of God...

No one actually ate his body and drink his blood of the Lord's table. So when such as a Catholics claim in their ritual is actual blood and body that simply is not.
I don't see your explanation as better or even really different than that of the Catholics.

And the Lord's table says the partakers each drink wine, not just the priests as in Catholicism.

Not to mention there are no priests in the Bible in earthly church churches.

And you are telling me this, why? I am not a Catholic and have not been for more than 40 years.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but there is what carnal man considers life and what God considers Life... They are certainly NOT the same.

I agree.

But what kind of a problem do we have eating the flesh of Jesus so long as we do not mix it with the flesh of men? That is, we should not mix the Word of God with the words of men.

Just trying to stay biblically accurate.

The red blood of his carnal flesh, the flesh of his physical body, but not the Blood which gives Life to the Body of Christ. That Blood was poured out upon all flesh beginning with the day of Pentecost according to Joel 2:28 and Acts chapter 2.
I don't interpret those verses the way you obviously are.

Yes he did. He was still in his crucified body and told Mary not to touch him because he had not ascended to the father yet.

Sacrificial lamb must be offered to God before it is effective.

Yes. No tongues involved.

His flesh is simply the dead scripture. The wine is the Holy Spirit which must also be consumed to bring the scripture to Life so it may be the Word of God...

Never heard that one before.

I don't see your explanation as better or even really different than that of the Catholics.

Wow!
And you are telling me this, why? I am not a Catholic and have not been for more than 40 years.

Because there are more readers than just you.

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did He?

Is it?

Meat with blood (that ‘red liquid’)
Meat with Spirit? ...John 4:32-34
[32] But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. [33] Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? [34] Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

1 Corinthians 15:50
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meat with blood (that ‘red liquid’)
Meat with Spirit? ...John 4:32-34
[32] But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. [33] Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? [34] Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

1 Corinthians 15:50
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Indeed, the meat that Jesus mentioned was NOT that of a lower animal [cattle, sheep, nor even the flesh and blood of a man]. The Body with the spiritual Blood is the Body to which we do belong or to which we are to belong. Is that not the Body of Christ?
And it is not the "old man" [as per Apostle Paul] but the "new man" that is to be part of the Body of Christ. The old man is dead or dying in any case in the eyes of God.

"If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Eph 4:21-24

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[22] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

[9] Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. [10] But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Not literal.

[12] Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Not literal.

[21] And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Not literal.

But figurative language with literal meaning is literal.

Jesus is the light of the world. Light is not limited to physical.

Revelation 21 is literal.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed, the meat that Jesus mentioned was NOT that of a lower animal...
Indeed. "Meat" in the KJV simply means "food". And for Christ spiritual food was more important than daily food. Therefore He fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, then told the Devil that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word which proceeds from the mouth of God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. "Meat" in the KJV simply means "food". And for Christ spiritual food was more important than daily food. Therefore He fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, then told the Devil that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word which proceeds from the mouth of God.

Not just the King James version. Biblical use of flesh as food is closer to meat as we use it today.

Other translations make that distinction more clear.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not literal.

Not literal.

Not literal.

EVERYTHING you quoted is LITERAL. You are judging according to your inadequate human mindset.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERYTHING you quoted is LITERAL. You are judging according to your inadequate human mindset.

:( ...
2 Kings 6:15-17
[15] And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? [16] And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. [17] And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord , I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:( ...
2 Kings 6:15-17
[15] And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? [16] And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. [17] And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord , I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

That is how Angels are represented in the Bible in more than one place.

Parallel to the New Testament with the gift of discernment of spirits.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is how Angels are represented in the Bible in more than one place.

Parallel to the New Testament with the gift of discernment of spirits.

Mark 12:25
[25] For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 19:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 19:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Are they literally wearing “fine linen, white and clean”?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are they literally wearing “fine linen, white and clean”?
I believe it would be both metaphorical (the imputed righteousness of Christ) and literal (heavenly clothing). But once again heavenly linen is not earthly linen, just as heavenly gold is not earthly gold.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it would be both metaphorical (the imputed righteousness of Christ) and literal (heavenly clothing). But once again heavenly linen is not earthly linen, just as heavenly gold is not earthly gold.

Speculation when He said the Old has passed away and all things have been made new. Revelation 19:8
[8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Was there shame in the garden over nakedness before sin entered in? Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

They don’t marry.
Are as the angels.
Neither male nor female.