Where is the promise of His coming?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious leaders and scientists have been making predictions for the end of the world almost as long as the world has been around. So, what does the Bible say about the timing of the End?

I do find the Millennial Day Theory interesting, particularly since it has already been about 6000 years since human history began and signs of Armageddon appear all around us. However, this theory would prohibit the idea of an Any-Moment Rapture, since if it could've taken place in 100 BC, then there never could've been 6000 years of human history as that theory indicates.

It's not that I don't believe in the "Rapture"--I do. It's just that the word "rapture" today is virtually synonymous with Pretribulationism, which is a relatively modern theory that makes no sense to me. Sorry if that's what you mean by "Rapture!"

Neither do I automatically accept the idea of a "7 Years Tribulation," since this also is just a part of modern Pretrib eschatology. The book of Revelation actually indicates the Antichrist will rule for only 3.5 years, which is also what we read in Dan 7 and in Dan 12.

The 7 Years Tribulation is based on what I think is a false view of Dan 9, which consisted of a 490 years period fulfilled in the time of Christ's earthly ministry. Furthermore, the sense of "Tribulation" was applied by Jesus in his Olivet Discourse to an age-long punishment of the Jewish People.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious leaders and scientists have been making predictions for the end of the world almost as long as the world has been around. So, what does the Bible say about the timing of the End?
John 18:19-20 KJV
[19] The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine. [20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only place that sets out the timing of the coming of Messiah in any detail is found in Daniel 9. I wouldn't want to miss it. And it happened already. So we, unlike the Pharisees in the first century, have an excellent template to follow as an example.

If what Isaac Newton said while addressing the enigmatic language of that Chapter was true, ie: containing both the application of a primary event, and the inclusion of a secondary event embedded within that text, we would have found two more modern day degrees to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem by now. The spacing of these decrees, like two witnesses, would then serve to verify one another. That, to me, would be as though I were viewing the Fingerprint of God.

So just as Jesus said early in Mark in 27AD; “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand;

I will also say that this very same time frame, promised by God, has also been completed once again as part of a secondary application of Daniel 9. So like the three wise men, we should be looking for His sign in the east.

And that the cries from these specific stones, are reaching their crescendo now:

1280px-Jerusalem%2C_city_wall.jpg

Walls of Jerusalem

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The timing of "the end" is revealed to us in the Olivet Discourse (meaning the end of this age), NOT "the end of the world" (since the earth will remain as a "New Earth" for eternity). At the present time we are very near the reign of the Antichrist and the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation. The Great Reset is another term for the New World Order, which will then lead to the reign of the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition. We are in the middle of this Great Reset, which includes the establishment of tyrannies in all the free countries.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only place that sets out the timing of the coming of Messiah in any detail is found in Daniel 9. I wouldn't want to miss it. And it happened already.
How could the Second Coming of Christ "happen already"? There is a sequence of events which must take place first, and those events have not transpired. Kindly study the Olivet Discourse.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could the Second Coming of Christ "happen already"? There is a sequence of events which must take place first, and those events have not transpired. Kindly study the Olivet Discourse.

I'm talking about the first coming happening already. 457BC to 27AD when Christ said that the "time" is fulfilled. 7 and 62 weeks. That last heptad was 27 to 34 AD with Jesus cut off in the middle of the week.

Now we are getting close to the middle of the week again, on a secondary application of the Daniel 9 heptads based on two modern day decrees.

My money would be from this Passion week and Ascension Day, until sometime in September.

That's the way I'm eyeballing the heptads anyway.

We soon gonna see.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

Greetings in Christ JESUS

A wonderful message for these last days - Praise be GOD

THE WAR
The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the Kingdoms of our LORD and His Christ, and He shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 11:v.15
CONSEQUENCES / EFFECTS
The NATIONS will be ANGRY, and GOD's wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that GOD should give reward unto His servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear His name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth. Revelation 11:v.18

DANIEL'S VISION
Daniel 2:v.34-35 & 45
34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

THE GLORY OF THE LORD
- Biblical lyrics sung - Isaiah 40:v.5 - Praise GOD
Messiah, HWV 56: Part I: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed (Chorus) - YouTube
And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

DANIEL 2:v.44
44 And in the days of these kings shall the GOD of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

CONFORTY YE, MY PEOPLE
Biblical lyrics sung-Isaiah 40:v.1
Messiah, HWV 56: Part I: Recitative: Comfort ye my people (Tenor) - YouTube
1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last heptad is reserved for the Antichrist, not Jesus. It is still in the future.
Why are you so easily willing to give to Satan what belongs to Jesus the Messiah the Prince?

"Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."

Only 3.5 years have been accomplished by Jesus as Messiah. We have yet a future 3.5 years to be accomplished by Jesus as Prince. The Prince half was placed on hold until the fulness of the Gentiles has come in. The second half will not be given to Satan. It will be completed, what is left of it, by Jesus. The final harvest gathered by Jesus and the angels, Matthew 13. And yes Satan will be sowing tares along side of the wheat that will be harvested. The church and the Holy Spirit working in the church will be taken away. Since Jesus will be in person on the earth for the last time, Satan will have no reason to hide in the shadows any longer, convincing people there is no God nor Lamb of God. Revelation 6:15-16 shows us all will know and see God and the Lamb.