Where Will Hell BE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
Yes I said “WILL BE“, because Hell does not exist yet! How do I know? Let’s read what thus said the Lord;

God's holy word tells us the following;

Zech.14
[1] Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
[2] For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

From this we know the event spoke of is the second coming of the Lord. For at what other time will the Lord gather ALL nations to battle. But let's prove this further;

[4] And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Just as the angel told the disciples when Jesus was taken off to heaven, He will return in like manner. Let's read it;

Acts 1
[11] Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
[12] Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Notice they returned to Jerusalem FROM the mount called Olivet. Now back to Zech.;

Zech.14
[9] And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

At this point there should be no doubt as to when this is. Again, this is speaking of the 2nd coming of Christ. He renders His wrath upon the earth and becomes king over the earth. Now let's see what happens to those nations that refuse to obey once Christ is king;

[16] And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

So ALL of the nations that are left WILL come to worship the Lord, year to year and keep The Feast of Tabernacles. Let's find where they will come to worship;

[17] And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

So now we know during Christ rule on earth, from year to year, ALL nations will come to Jerusalem to worship the Lord.

Let's find what the nations will see when they come, year to year, to worship the Lord. Let's now go to the book of Isa. to confirm we are speaking about the same time period.

Isa.66
[15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Again, this is the same event that is spoken of in Zech.14.; the 2nd coming of Christ. Let's continue;

[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Again, God tells us, not only are we going to worship Him from year to year keeping His holy day, the Feast of Tabernacles, but ALL will also be keeping His (7th day) Sabbaths. Now let's read what the nations will see when they come to worship the Lord;

[24] And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Now what place do you think this is above? What place will hold those that transgressed God, whose worms will not die, nor will their fire be quenched? There can only be one place.....Hell!

And where is this place of torment? It is at the city where from year to year ALL nations will come to worship the Lord, celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles and keep God's 7th day Sabbath........

God’s holy city………….JERUSALEM!!!!!

And is there a place in Jerusalem today where men burn, do not die, nor their worms and their fire is not quenched?

Not yet?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Eccl.12:13!

2 Peter 2

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority.

The writer is speaking in chronological order here, beginning with
1.Fallen Angels
2.The Ancient world - Noah [the flood]
3.Sodom and Gomorrah - Lot [Abraham's Nephew]

As you can see by this one scripture, Hell existed well before the future second coming event...

Also see Luke 16:22-26 and 1 Peter 3:18-20

Blessings!!!

Reactions: Angelina

the stranger

Mar 12, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Great passage Angelina!

God bless

tunnel%20blog.jpg

In a tunnel of confusion, some scriptures stand out bold!

Aug 28, 2010
Hi Eccl.12:13!
2 Peter 2

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority.

The writer is speaking in chronological order here, beginning with
1.Fallen Angels
2.The Ancient world - Noah [the flood]
3.Sodom and Gomorrah - Lot [Abraham's Nephew]

As you can see by this one scripture, Hell existed well before the future second coming event...

Also see Luke 16:22-26 and 1 Peter 3:18-20

Blessings!!!

So....did the prophet Jonah go to that place were his fire would not be quenched and his worms never die?

Jon.2
[2] And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

This earth is the only place the angels were cast when they sinned. How do I know?

Well if, as you believe, the angels that sinned were in fact cast to the place that God made just for them, at what point did God let them loose again?

Because if they are in hell, then why are there evils spirits among us today? And why is Satan still loose. After all, it was he that convinced the angels to sin! It was Satan that sinned first!

Let's read from God's word and see if it lines up with your doctrine....

Matt.8
[28] And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

So we know for a fact that these devils are NOT in Hell. Let's read what they said....

[29] And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

So these devils are asking Jesus if He had come to punish them before THE time! ANd what time is that? The time that God has set aside to punish all those that disobeyed His laws! The time that is spoken of in the verse you provided...

2 Peter 2:4
".....to be reserved for judgment."

And the chains of darkness spoken of is what God did to them so that they would not be able to make themselves visible to man.

So why are the above devils NOT in hell?

Let's read some more.....

Mark 5
[9] And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
[10] And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
[11] Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
[12] And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
[13] And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

So here we have 2000 devils that are NOT in hell.

Why are they not in hell as you claim?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Eccle.12:13!

Well if, as you believe, the angels that sinned were in fact cast to the place that God made just for them, at what point did God let them loose again?

Because if they are in hell, then why are there evils spirits among us today? And why is Satan still loose. After all, it was he that convinced the angels to sin! It was Satan that sinned first!

God destroyed all mankind except Noah and his family because the earth had become corrupt. The bible says that the Angels that fell by having children to daughters of men, were thrown into hell [G5020 tartaroō -the deepest abyss of Hades; to incarcerate in eternal torment: - cast down to hell.]
chained and reserved for Judgment [G2920 krisis - Subjectively or objectively, for or against; by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specifically divine law): - accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.]

Their judgment will be at the time of the end. Satan was not amongst them.

Certain events, recorded in Revelation, marks out a time-line when Satan is bound for a thousand years. This has not occurred yet because certain events must take place first.

Revelation 12
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Satan has angels as well and scripture says that they are thrown down to earth. There is no indication of whether this event happens in the future or not... I'm inclined to believe that this happened around the time that Jesus died on this cross. The verse that follows, says:

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.
JMO...:)

In Revelation 19, the beast and the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire...

Revelation 19
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Then Satan is bound for a thousand years. This also indicates that Satan is still very much active up to this point until he is bound for a thousand years which happens after the reign of the beast and the false prophet.

Revelation 20
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Demons exist because Satan is still active and if he is, then so are they. God has appointed a time for his end, just as it is written and as you have already quoted re: my OP...
So these devils are asking Jesus if He had come to punish them before THE time! ANd what time is that? The time that God has set aside to punish all those that disobeyed His laws! The time that is spoken of in the verse you provided

Blessings!!!

Aug 28, 2010
Hi Eccle.12:13!

God destroyed all mankind except Noah and his family because the earth had become corrupt. The bible says that the Angels that fell by having children to daughters of men, were thrown into hell [G5020 tartaroō -the deepest abyss of Hades; to incarcerate in eternal torment: - cast down to hell.]
chained and reserved for Judgment [G2920 krisis - Subjectively or objectively, for or against; by extension a tribunal; by implication justice (specifically divine law): - accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.]

Their judgment will be at the time of the end. Satan was not amongst them.

OK......first of all.....

God's word does NOT say what you suggest;

The bible says that the Angels that fell by having children to daughters of men, were thrown into hell

Now at this point why should anyone that is reading this thread give any credence to anything else you post?

Spirit beings CANNOT and NEVER HAVE had relations with women! They are TWO different BEINGS!!

God MADE angels. They CANNOT reproduce. They cannot reproduce with eachother NOR humans!

Heb.1
[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Next....

Either ALL angels that have sinned are in, as you believe, hell or they are not. YOU cannot not have it both ways.

But to make it simple for you...... Satan and ALL that followed him were thrown out of heaven;

Job 1
[6] Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
[7] And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Luke 10
[18] And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Rev.12
[7] And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
[8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
[9] And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

They are here, on earth, a place sometimes called hell, and theydo deceive us to this day.

Next you say...

Satan has angels as well and scripture says that they are thrown down to earth. There is no indication of whether this event happens in the future or not... I'm inclined to believe that this happened around the time that Jesus died on this cross.

Again with your BELIEF!

So.....there were no evil spirits around BEFORE Jesus died?

Again.....scripture does NOT suppport that. Let's read what thus said the Lord;

Jud.9
[23] Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

1 Sam.16
[23] And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

Spirits, be they holy or evil, ALL do the will of God.

Evil spirits have been here on earth since Adam and Eve!

And finally....you said

Demons exist because Satan is still active, and if he is then so are they

Well how can that be? According to you ALL of the Angels that sinned before the flood were cast into Hell!

Do you think Satan has the ability to create MORE angels? NO!

God MADE angels and ONLY He!

Please explain your doctrine!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Ecc.12:13!

My apologies for taking this thread a little off track. If you would like to have a discussion about Genesis 6:4...please start another thread and I will be happy to join in on that discussion.
Coming from an eschatological, endtime prophetical forum, has been a real education for me as I find that there are many arguments for and against this subject...:)

As for your OP..."Where will Hell Be"

Yes I said “WILL BE“, because Hell does not exist yet! How do I know? Let’s read what thus said the Lord;

I believe that hell exists today based on the word of God. I have given you scriptures to support my belief. However, I do not believe that the lake of fire exists yet and will probably be opened during the time that a key to the abyss is given to the star in Revelation 9:1-2

Blessings!!!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
God's Word speaks of many things we don't yet fully understand, but that's no reason to shrug off what His Word declares just because we may not yet understand.

Already I've read only two posts today and one professes Satan is not a real entity, and now this one with the idea that a place called 'hell' in God's Word doesn't exist.

What bothers me the most about it is how both of those ideas that Satan and hell don't exist are rooted in pagandom, yet supposded Christian believers are busy professing it!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God's Word speaks of many things we don't yet fully understand, but that's no reason to shrug off what His Word declares just because we may not yet understand. Already I've read only two posts today and one professes Satan is not a real entity, and now this one with the idea that a place called 'hell' in God's Word doesn't exist. What bothers me the most about it is how both of those ideas that Satan and hell don't exist are rooted in pagandom, yet supposded Christian believers are busy professing it!

Amen! Satan has blinded MANY to his existence. I guess it makes sense that those who deny Satan's existence are what the Bible describes "children of the devil".

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
God's Word speaks of many things we don't yet fully understand, but that's no reason to shrug off what His Word declares just because we may not yet understand.

Already I've read only two posts today and one professes Satan is not a real entity, and now this one with the idea that a place called 'hell' in God's Word doesn't exist.

What bothers me the most about it is how both of those ideas that Satan and hell don't exist are rooted in pagandom, yet supposded Christian believers are busy professing it!
No. Not true.
Hell is a word coined long after the NT was written and did not exist in Aramaic the language of Christ and his disciples..
Hell comes from the Saxon word Hellan and means "to Cover".

2Peter 2:4 did not used the word HELL but Tartaros which was the prison the angels were placed in til they were to be let loose.

1Pe 3:19 in which also to the spirits in prison having gone he did preach,
Peter mentions the prison again.

Jesus never said HELL.
Christ taught parables on Gehenna, the valley was outside Jerusalem and it was a nasty garbage dump in his day.

Yes Gehenna Valley was the old Hinnom Valley in the OT where many children were sacrificed to BAAL or Molech.
the sacrifices angered the lord, which is understandable but he said the burning of Sons and Daughters in Hinnom(a.ak.a HELL falsely) never entered his mind (heart is an Aramaic Idiom for "the Mind").

Jer 7:31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

[color="red"Again ]the Lord God never thought to do this, it wasn't his idea and it isn't his idea to burn any sons or daughters in HELL.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"] It is a man made idea perpetuated by blind guides and their followers. [/color]

James mentioned the tongue being on Fire of Gehenna. The only time Gehenna was used in the NT other then in Christ parables.

Jon 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Yes Hell is in the belly of a big fish according to King James translators.
Does anyone believe that all of the worlds non-believers will be gathered in the belly of that same old fish?

Sadly there are good many people today allowing poor translations to continue to spread the old falsehoods of an Eternal Burning Hellfire.

I do wholeheartedly believe that Satan exist in the spiritual world and I believe I've bumped into the rude one a few times in my life.
I even knew a few of his devout followers at one time or another.. Yes imo, the great adversary(Satan) does exist..

Shlama w'burkate (peace & blessings)

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Like any of us I can't say whee Hell will actually be and if it is physical or just spirituala nd the same could be applied to Heaven and Purgatory in that sense, een Limbo! Of course I don't believe in Limbo. It depends if the ressurrection is physical or spiritual. hell is called the second death so I don't know if that means that a ressurrected body is then killed and the soul goes to hell or wether second death is just figurative. Certainly the kind of world that we will all wake up in before we are jduged will be different from what we live in now and perhaps the usual paramtres between physical and spiritual will not be so rigid. I cannot say! only suggest.

In the middle ages people like Thomas Aquinas tended to think fo the spiritual realms as occupying the same space and time as the our world, except that we cannot see, hear or touch them, either because we are still alive, or sin prevents us from seeing certain things or when we do it is God that is showing us, this would explain visions. This is the idea that the other worlds or levels, or astral plains, whatever you want to call them are only the thickness of a shadow away.

Thjen there is the idea that Hell is in the earth, which we seein Dante Aligheri's Divine Comedy but I think that this is more likely Sheol since people who die were goign there before the day of judgement.

predestine

Apr 9, 2011
Various theories on the location of hell have been put forward. A traditional view is that hell is in the center of the earth. Others propose that hell is located in outer space in a black hole. In the Old Testament, the word translated “hell” is Sheol; in the New Testament, it’s Hades (meaning “unseen”) and Gehenna (“the Valley of Hinnom”). Sheol is also translated as “pit” and “grave.” Both Sheol and Hades refer to a temporary abode of the dead before judgment (Psalm 9:17; Revelation 1:18). Gehenna refers to an eternal state of punishment for the wicked dead (Mark 9:43).

The idea that hell is below us, perhaps in the center of the earth, comes from passages such as Luke 10:15: “And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell” (KJV). Also, in 1 Samuel 28:13-15, the medium of Endor sees the spirit of Samuel “coming up out of the ground.” We should note, however, that neither of these passages is concerned with the geographic location of hell. Capernaum’s being thrust “down” is probably a reference to their being condemned rather than a physical direction. And the medium’s vision of Samuel was just that: a vision.

In the King James Version, Ephesians 4:9 says that before Jesus ascended into heaven, “he also descended . . . into the lower parts of the earth.” Some Christians take “the lower parts of the earth” as a reference to hell, where they say Jesus spent the time between His death and resurrection. However, the New International Version gives a better translation: “he also descended to the lower, earthly regions.” This verse simply says that Jesus came to earth. It’s a reference to His incarnation, not to His location after death.

The notion that hell is somewhere in outer space, possibly in a black hole, is based on the knowledge that black holes are places of great heat and pressure from which nothing, not even light, can escape. Surprisingly, this concept of hell is presented in the 1979 Walt Disney film The Black Hole. Near the movie’s end, all the characters pass through a black hole. On the other side, the villain finds himself in a fiery place of torment, while the other characters enjoy disembodied bliss. It’s interesting that a Disney movie would include a depiction of hell, but it’s best not to base our theology on movies!

Another speculation is that the earth itself will be the “lake of fire” spoken of in Revelation 20:10-15. When the earth is destroyed by fire (2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 21:1), the theory goes, God will use that burning sphere as the everlasting place of torment for the ungodly. Again, this is mere speculation.

To sum up, Scripture does not tell us the geological (or cosmological) location of hell. Hell is a literal place of real torment, but we do not know where it is. Hell may have a physical location in this universe, or it may be in an entirely different “dimension.” Whatever the case, the location of hell is far less important than the need to avoid going there.

~BLESSINGS~

Aug 28, 2010
To sum up, Scripture does not tell us the geological (or cosmological) location of hell. Hell is a literal place of real torment, but we do not know where it is. Hell may have a physical location in this universe, or it may be in an entirely different “dimension.” Whatever the case, the location of hell is far less important than the need to avoid going there.

Zech.14
[9] And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

[16] And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

[17] And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

So now we know during Christ rule on earth, from year to year, ALL nations will come to Jerusalem to worship the Lord.

Isa.66
[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Again, God tells us we will also be keeping His (7th day) Sabbaths. Now let's read what the nations will see when they come to worship the Lord;

[24] And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Now what place do you think this is above? What place will hold those that transgressed God, whose worms will not die, nor will their fire be quenched?

And where is this place of torment? It is at the city where from year to year ALL nations will come to worship the Lord, celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles and keep God's 7th day Sabbath........

Jerusalem!

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
Various theories on the location of hell have been put forward. A traditional view is that hell is in the center of the earth. Others propose that hell is located in outer space in a black hole. In the Old Testament, the word translated “hell” is Sheol; in the New Testament, it’s Hades (meaning “unseen”) and Gehenna (“the Valley of Hinnom”). Sheol is also translated as “pit” and “grave.” Both Sheol and Hades refer to a temporary abode of the dead before judgment (Psalm 9:17; Revelation 1:18). Gehenna refers to an eternal state of punishment for the wicked dead (Mark 9:43).

The idea that hell is below us, perhaps in the center of the earth, comes from passages such as Luke 10:15: “And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell” (KJV). Also, in 1 Samuel 28:13-15, the medium of Endor sees the spirit of Samuel “coming up out of the ground.” We should note, however, that neither of these passages is concerned with the geographic location of hell. Capernaum’s being thrust “down” is probably a reference to their being condemned rather than a physical direction. And the medium’s vision of Samuel was just that: a vision.

In the King James Version, Ephesians 4:9 says that before Jesus ascended into heaven, “he also descended . . . into the lower parts of the earth.” Some Christians take “the lower parts of the earth” as a reference to hell, where they say Jesus spent the time between His death and resurrection. However, the New International Version gives a better translation: “he also descended to the lower, earthly regions.” This verse simply says that Jesus came to earth. It’s a reference to His incarnation, not to His location after death.

The notion that hell is somewhere in outer space, possibly in a black hole, is based on the knowledge that black holes are places of great heat and pressure from which nothing, not even light, can escape. Surprisingly, this concept of hell is presented in the 1979 Walt Disney film The Black Hole. Near the movie’s end, all the characters pass through a black hole. On the other side, the villain finds himself in a fiery place of torment, while the other characters enjoy disembodied bliss. It’s interesting that a Disney movie would include a depiction of hell, but it’s best not to base our theology on movies!

Another speculation is that the earth itself will be the “lake of fire” spoken of in Revelation 20:10-15. When the earth is destroyed by fire (2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 21:1), the theory goes, God will use that burning sphere as the everlasting place of torment for the ungodly. Again, this is mere speculation.

~BLESSINGS~
It appears you've done a good deal of looking into this topic though I disagree with your assessment of the literal place of torment.,
That could change as you study more and in my opinion it doesn't matter .

Now allow me to show you are more likely place of HELL and the Lake of Fire which are located on Earth.
Keep in mind Christ spoke of Gehenna which was changed to the Saxon word HELL by Kings James men and others.
No other apostle spoke of the place but James who said the Tongue was set on Fire of Gehenna.
Gehenna was a Garbage dump in Christ days and went south from the city of David and turned eastwardly towards the Lake of Fire also known as the Dead Sea.
Many people have reported flames over the Dead Sea for thousands of years and some people called it that for this reason.

Google it if you find it interesting.
Nothing lives in the Lake of Fire and there is no exits for the water other than UP, via evaporation.
So all the salts and minerals that go there only make it heavier salts and mineral. It is the lowest elevation on earth.

Christ came speaking in parables as a sign.
Was his teaching on Gehenna a parable?
If the place of torment known as HELL which was called the Gehenna Valley by Christ then why didn't more Apostles speak on it.
It should have been an urgency about it and all writers should have been warning about it

In Hosea.. It mentions Ephraim and his people dying in their sin after worshiping BAAL and they had sacrificed their own children to death in the Hinnom Valley. Hebrew word for Gehenna A.k.a. HELL
Now if you read this 13th chapter carefully you will see they died serving BALL and have done something horrible that YHWH did not like it at all and he said it never came in his mind to burn sons and daughters in the fire..
It's the same thing as saying 'he never dreamed of burning people in HELL'
A good clue that it's not his idea to do tormenting in HELL.

YHWH was about Correction of his people and never just punishment or torment .
Yhwh would not be a God of Love if he sends his people to a place of torment forever.
Back to Ephraim and his people.
They died in their sins and had died serving BAAL. Isn't that a cause for Punishment according to the Parables of Christ?
Isn't that what they teach?

Now look what YHWH says about Ephraim and his peoples future.

1....... but when he offended in Baal, he died.
4...... for there is no saviour beside me.
6............ therefore have they forgotten me.
Hos 13:9 O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help (They're dead)

Hos 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes. (Death and the Grave wont be able to repent)

He will ransom them from Death.
and The grave will be destroyed.

Shouldn't they go to HELL?

The very next time Ransom is mentioned is
Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Peter said ALL which was the Greek word PAS and means all, any, every, the whole, everyone.

Shlama

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
There will be MANY in "the eternal fire" who don't want to believe in Hell.
That is just speculation.
Please Provide the scripture that says exactly that!

The bible also says that ALL will be saved.
But of course we are told that "with men it is impossible, yet with God all things are possible"

You must see all that the Lord Yhwh can do.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation;
even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

To reiterate the verse .. It says that through Christ the free gift came upon ALL men unto justification of life

That don't mean he want have wrath on those now who are evil. Because he said he created the wicked for the day of evil.
Now if he created them for the day of wrath then he isn't expecting them to be saved, at this time before they die.
Only a brute beast would torment a people for doing what he intended them to do.
God created an Adversary that we may learn from them. Satan is an Adversary.
When Satan as in the garden he had 9 stones for his covering, plus gold.
These stones God had told Aron to places on his Priestly breastplate + 3 more. 12 total.
These stones meant several things. they show the characteristic of some men.
Satan was lacking 3 stones pertaining to 3 tribes of Israel which Satan could never fulfill.

the 3 missing stones:
Gad = a troop will overcome him but he will overcome in the end. (God will overcome in the end)
Issashar = a strong ass couching down between two burdens(satan is not burden bearer)
Asshur = he shall yield royal dainties. (christ and Isrealites)

Satan was doomed to fail.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
We were foreordained before he created the world to be saved before we die. Some were not chosen at that time.
So those not foreordained have another mission.

Scripture says that only God can draw men..
He isn't calling all men at this time. If he calls them they will believe and be saved..
But Christ said "I being lifted up will draw all men unto myself"
He will one day call ALL men.
Only then will every knee bow to him and every tongue confess that Christ is lord.
To bow means to submit, to confess is what brings salvation.

Judgement:
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Saved by fire!

His purifying Fire.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

a refiners fire is what they used to purify Gold and Silver and to clean it up
Fullers soap cleaned things too. They used it to cleanse Lepers homes and places of sickness.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed as warning. an example!
Christ said had the works been done Sodom as in Caperneum it would have been saved. ~Mat 11:23
Well why wouldn't God save them? Is that not like a fireman standing by and watching a house burn down?
Scriptures say that Sodom and Gomorrah back one day and they would live righteous. ~Eze 16:53 - 55

There you have it. He will resurrect the two cities and they shall live upirght..

Christ was born in Bethlehem which means "the House of Bread"
And he said "I am the bread of Life which I give for the life of the world."
For all the world not just part of it that believes but ALL the world.

I believed much the same as you do long ago. Quick to condemn anyone that wasn't a Christian.
Scriptures can not be understood by a few quick readings
They must be studied and studied in depth to properly divide them.
The deeper you go the better it gets.

My video

Shlama

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
That is just speculation.
Please Provide the scripture that says exactly that!

The bible also says that ALL will be saved.
But of course we are told that "with men it is impossible, yet with God all things are possible"

You must see all that the Lord Yhwh can do.
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation;
even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

To reiterate the verse .. It says that through Christ the free gift came upon ALL men unto justification of life

That don't mean he want have wrath on those now who are evil. Because he said he created the wicked for the day of evil.
Now if he created them for the day of wrath then he isn't expecting them to be saved, at this time before they die.
Only a brute beast would torment a people for doing what he intended them to do.
God created an Adversary that we may learn from them. Satan is an Adversary.
When Satan as in the garden he had 9 stones for his covering, plus gold.
These stones God had told Aron to places on his Priestly breastplate + 3 more. 12 total.
These stones meant several things. they show the characteristic of some men.
Satan was lacking 3 stones pertaining to 3 tribes of Israel which Satan could never fulfill.

the 3 missing stones:
Gad = a troop will overcome him but he will overcome in the end. (God will overcome in the end)
Issashar = a strong ass couching down between two burdens(satan is not burden bearer)
Asshur = he shall yield royal dainties. (christ and Isrealites)

Satan was doomed to fail.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
We were foreordained before he created the world to be saved before we die. Some were not chosen at that time.
So those not foreordained have another mission.

Scripture says that only God can draw men..
He isn't calling all men at this time. If he calls them they will believe and be saved..
But Christ said "I being lifted up will draw all men unto myself"
He will one day call ALL men.
Only then will every knee bow to him and every tongue confess that Christ is lord.
To bow means to submit, to confess is what brings salvation.

Judgement:

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Saved by fire!

His purifying Fire.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

a refiners fire is what they used to purify Gold and Silver and to clean it up
Fullers soap cleaned things too. They used it to cleanse Lepers homes and places of sickness.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed as warning. an example!
Christ said had the works been done Sodom as in Caperneum it would have been saved. ~Mat 11:23
Well why wouldn't God save them? Is that not like a fireman standing by and watching a house burn down?
Scriptures say that Sodom and Gomorrah back one day and they would live righteous. ~Eze 16:53 - 55

There you have it. He will resurrect the two cities and they shall live upirght..

Christ was born in Bethlehem which means "the House of Bread"
And he said "I am the bread of Life which I give for the life of the world."
For all the world not just part of it that believes but ALL the world.

I believed much the same as you do long ago. Quick to condemn anyone that wasn't a Christian.
Scriptures can not be understood by a few quick readings
They must be studied and studied in depth to properly divide them.
The deeper you go the better it gets.

My video

Shlama

Well gee then, if you're right I'll be saved anyway. If you're wrong you'll have a long time to simmer, remembering that you were warned.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009

Well gee then, if you're right I'll be saved anyway. If you're wrong you'll have a long time to simmer, remembering that you were warned.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Please try to refrain from being a smart mouth. That accomplishes nothing and makes a poor argument..
See if you can make a response based on on logical conclusion rather than just throwing a scripture up.
You are only showing how to defend that which you've been taught and have accepted.

It does say anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire but does it say they will be tormented forever?
How about the possibility of being purified or cleansed and then saved?

It doesn't deny that possibility.

Shlama

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Please try to refrain from being a smart mouth. That accomplishes nothing and makes a poor argument..
See if you can make a response based on on logical conclusion rather than just throwing a scripture up.
You are only showing how to defend that which you've been taught and have accepted.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you really need to pay close attention.

It does say anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire but does it say they will be tormented forever?

I thought you believe in Universalism?

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

How about the possibility of being purified or cleansed and then saved?

It doesn't deny that possibility.

Forever is forever. Everlasting is everlasting. Your position is risky at best.

Matthew 18:8-9 (NKJV)
[sup]8 [/sup]If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. [sup]9 [/sup]And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.