Where Will Hell BE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but you really need to pay close attention.

I thought you believe in Universalism?

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Forever is forever. Everlasting is everlasting. Your position is risky at best.

Matthew 18:8-9 (NKJV)
[sup]8 [/sup]If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. [sup]9 [/sup]And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
You didn't hurt my feelings. It's just that there is no need to be a smart mouth, that doesn't make you out to be wise.

You quote a few scriptures to prove the views that you believe but over look a good many others.
You are only playing with half the deck.

Everlasting comes from the Greek word Aion which is age during but you won't get it because you aren't after the truth.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You didn't hurt my feelings. It's just that there is no need to be a smart mouth, that doesn't make you out to be wise.

You quote a few scriptures to prove the views that you believe but over look a good many others.

Everlasting comes from the Greek word Aion which is age during but you won't get it because you aren't after the truth.

No, the Rev.20:10 verse means what it says, everlasting.

The Greek word 'aion' is ALSO put for everlasting ("for ever and ever") in many New Testament Scriptures. Anyone with a simple Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, or an Englishman's Concordance can discover that fact.

In Rev.20:10, it's EASY to know 'aion' is applied in the everlasting sense, because that's about the destruction of the devil in the lake of fire at the end of Christ's future thousand years reign, and after Satan is loosed one more time out of his pit prison to lead the wicked upon the camp of the saints and beloved city.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It does say anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire but does it say they will be tormented forever?
How about the possibility of being purified or cleansed and then saved?

It doesn't deny that possibility.

Shlama

Ps 37:9-11
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
(KJV)

The "lake of fire" is after the end of Christ's future thousand years reign on earth, and after Satan leads the nations upon the camp of the saints and beloved city. At that point, it's OVER for the wicked. They will perish with Satan, the abode of hell, and death, for all those will go into the "lake of fire", and be no more.

So what is everlasting about that? They will be gone in the everlasting sense, as the Psalms show, and the first part of Rev.14:11 with the smoke... of their torment rising forever.

Those in Christ should not have guilt about that, for we will have tried our best to bring them back to The Father through His Son, but they will still refuse Him.

JUST as Satan has been held accountable, by the end of Christ's Milennium, all those who still refuse Christ will be accountable like Satan. That's why we know... some are still... going to refuse to accept Christ Jesus during the future Milennium, for God tells us in His Word. But we don't know who they will be yet, for only Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish in the lake of fire. No one else has yet, and that's part of what Christ's Milennium reign is going to be about, to pull the deceived out of the fire.

Just as some were overthrown in the wilderness through unbelief with proof of GOD in full view, those who perish will have no excuse by the end of the thousand years. What that actually reveals is, they will make their OWN choice to still perish in the "lake of fire" with Satan instead of believing on Christ Jesus to be saved. Some are simply never going to turn from following Satan. Why?

Maybe it's because if they can't be their 'own' gods, they flat refuse to bow to another. The ultimate rebellion against God is to want to be God, the first sin Satan did to start the rebellion. That idea has continued today with those who refuse to recognize The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit. The rebellious don't want to be held accountable to anybody, and especially not to God. Many of those who hate Him now will likely still hate Him all through the coming Milennium reign of Christ Jesus with His elect. Yet some of them may turn, and be saved. We still don't for sure yet. It ain't over yet today.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
We don';t need to know do we? It's not as if we're planning to go there are ?

I think its not physically in the earth as Dante Aligheri suggests, though of course this is fiction, but it is etherial and and stakes up the same time and space as we live in now, except we can't see it. This is the case with Heaven, Purgatory ad Limbo. Not so sure about Limbo!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

I get it. You don't believe the NT.

Matthew 25:46 (NKJV)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Matthew 25:46 (GW)
[sup]46 [/sup]“These people will go away into eternal punishment, but those with God's approval will go into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:46 (AMP)
[sup]46 [/sup]Then they will go away into eternal punishment, but those who are just and upright and in right standing with God into eternal life.

Matthew 25:46 (NASB)
[sup]46 [/sup]"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Matthew 25:46 (NIV)
[sup]46 [/sup]"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Matthew 25:46 (MontgomeryNT)
[sup]46 [/sup]"And these will go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into eternal life."

Matthew 25:46 (MaceNT)
[sup]46 [/sup]and these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 25:46 (NLT)
[sup]46 [/sup]“And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:46 (TLB)
[sup]46 [/sup]"And they shall go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into everlasting life."

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
OK......first of all.....

God's word does NOT say what you suggest;

Spirit beings CANNOT and NEVER HAVE had relations with women! They are TWO different BEINGS!!

God MADE angels. They CANNOT reproduce. They cannot reproduce with eachother NOR humans!

The scripture hints that some creatures beyond the natural order of men had relations with women.
That much cannot be denied.

How then can we reconcile the record with our knowledge of spiritual beings either holy or fallen?

There is a possible answer that would fit........however it is beyond the accepted norm of thought.

Visitation from extraterrestrials. Yup, ET did it.
On the surface it seems nutty as a fruitcake, but it is the only explanation that fits.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes from A SCANDAL IN BOHEMIA
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Not only did fallen angels NOT have relations with women, the Bible also seems to indicate that satan & co. were 'grounded' (as in aeronautical terminology).
That is to say that fallen angels cannot fly as holy ones do (Job 2:1 & 2).
That would seem to eliminate the notion that mysterious lights in the sky are satanic fly overs or that they were whoremongers.

Whatever is acceptable to one's opinions, some explanation other than spirits must be found.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009

ighteous into everlasting life."

No, what you don't get is words. That make no sense to you and you just say anything that will make an argument.
Don't attempt to speak for me.

The real scriptures were not scribed in English. You only yodel that which you think you know..............
You argue like an overly zealous 15 year old.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No, what you don't get is words. That make no sense to you and you just say anything that will make an argument.
Don't attempt to speak for me.

The real scriptures were not scribed in English. You only yodel that which you think you know..............
You argue like an overly zealous 15 year old.
Your version of Scripture seems to be quite erroneous. I.E.

[sup]46 [/sup]And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

[sup]46 [/sup]“These people will go away into eternal punishment, but those with God's approval will go into eternal life.”

[sup]46 [/sup]Then they will go away into eternal punishment, but those who are just and upright and in right standing with God into eternal life.

[sup]46 [/sup]"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

[sup]46 [/sup]"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

[sup]46 [/sup]"And these will go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into eternal life."

[sup]46 [/sup]and these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

[sup]46 [/sup]“And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:46 (ESV)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:46 (NRSV)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Matthew 25:46 (WesleyNT)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these shall go away into everlasting punishment; but the righteous into life everlasting.

Matthew 25:46 (BBE)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these will go away into eternal punishment; but the upright into eternal life.

Matthew 25:46 (Darby)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these shall go away into eternal punishment, and the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 25:46 (KJV)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 25:46 (NASB77)
[sup]46 [/sup]"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

[sup]46 [/sup]"And they shall go away into eternal punishment; but the righteous into everlasting life."

Matthew 25:46 (ASV)
[sup]46 [/sup]And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.

It does say anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire but does it say they will be tormented forever?
Yep.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

How about the possibility of being purified or cleansed and then saved?

It doesn't deny that possibility.

A very risky position.

Luke 16:19-26 (NKJV)
[sup]19 [/sup]"There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. [sup]20 [/sup]But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, [sup]21 [/sup]desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. [sup]22 [/sup]So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. [sup]23 [/sup]And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. [sup]24 [/sup]Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' [sup]25 [/sup]But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. [sup]26 [/sup]And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
There is a possible answer that would fit........however it is beyond the accepted norm of thought.

Visitation from extraterrestrials. Yup, ET did it.
On the surface it seems nutty as a fruitcake, but it is the only explanation that fits.

Really? NO.........I really mean REALLY?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Ducky's post is excellent.

Pastor Rob Bell's book trying to sell the idea that there is no hell has to absolutely disregard Matt 25:46.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
We don';t need to know do we? It's not as if we're planning to go there are ?

I think its not physically in the earth as Dante Aligheri suggests, though of course this is fiction, but it is etherial and and stakes up the same time and space as we live in now, except we can't see it. This is the case with Heaven, Purgatory ad Limbo. Not so sure about Limbo!

Matt 8:11-12
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(KJV)

Matt 22:4-13
4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(KJV)

Matt 25:24-30
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(KJV)

All those Scripture examples are of the timing after Christ's return. Notice the expression "wailing and gnashing of teeth" is given with those events of being cast to the "outer darkness".

Then look at this...

Matt 13:41-42
41 The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
(KJV)

Matt 13:49-50
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
(KJV)

Matt 24:48-51
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(KJV)

Does that "furnace of fire" idea related to the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" align with what our Lord Jesus taught in Luke 16 where the rich man discovered himself in hell? YES!

In both OT and NT the abode of hell is given as a holding place for the wicked, compared to a prison. It's in the Heavenly dimension right now. But... after Christ's return per the above examples, where is it, and what is it called then? The "outer darkness".

Now notice where that "outer darkness" is where the wicked are after Christ's return...

Rev 22:13-15
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
(KJV)

When Christ returns to start His Millennial reign on earth, that "city" is the New Jerusalem established on the earth where earthly Jerusalem is today. That's where the tree of life is going to be manifest (see also Ezek.40 through 48 for another witness to that). But OUTSIDE the beloved city, is where "dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosever loveth and maketh a lie" will be separated from His sheep and placed.

Also per Rev.22, there will be no night there IN the Holy City that will be established there on earth, no need for candle nor of the sun. But OUTSIDE the Holy City, is the "outer darkness", a place of separate away from God. That also, gives us a picture of what the abode of hell is now also which is behind the vail in the heavenly dimension still. Once Christ returns, and the vail of the heavenly is removed, that abode will be outside the gates of the Holy City.

In Ezekiel 44, the priests called the Zadok (the Just), will be allowed to go outside the Holy City to the dead (spiritually dead), for father, or mother, or son, or brother, or sister that had no husband.

In Luke 16 with the word "torment", it is Greek basanos, which is about a touchstone. A touch stone was used in ancient times as a rule of measuring gold. You would strike gold ore with it and the amount of gold could be determined. The rich man didn't 'measure up'; he was lacking in Christ's gold tried in the fire. That reveals his torment was especially emotional torment. And if feelings of emotion is anything like I think it is in the Heavenly, there's no stronger feelings possible of rejection, grief, and remorse.

But that still does not do away with the "lake of fire" destruction event which that abode of hell goes into in final, per Rev.20:14-15.

If one understands this, this is why Apostle Paul showed in 1 Cor.15 how one that is spiritually dead can exist in the Heavenly dimension with a body of incorruption, yet the condition of their soul is still mortal, and able to perish later in the "lake of fire" event called "the second death'.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
Ducky's post is excellent.

Pastor Rob Bell's book trying to sell the idea that there is no hell has to absolutely disregard Matt 25:46.
One has to disregard many other scriptures to hold onto this one.

Aionios in Greek does not mean Eternal.

it's also used as an Age in scriptures.
It can't mean both

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
gey hinom (gehenna) was and is a valley (gey) to the southwest of Jerusalem. It was a place to burn garbage...like a dump!

In the next age, I believe that the lake of fire will be on the opposite side of the new earth.

So there will be the great city, and the nations all around that get their light from the city (God will be the only Light).

As we move away from the great city it will get darker and darker. Then along with the curvature of the new earth there will be no light visible at all. It will be perpetually dark there. The ones confined to these regions will live in outer darkness and live as wanderers.

If one continues to move away into outer darkness one will feel the heat from the lake of fire. The fire burns forever as a reminder of the rebellion of men. No soul that is cast into the fire can live there. It dies when it is burned up!

That's my take!:)

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Duckybill,

Why don't you just stop with the accusations

DB,

Why don't you just stop with the wise cracks, accusations, or questioning peoples salvation because they believe different than you.. I've read several of your replies on several threads. Regardless of who is right, your type is one that discourages people from participating in these discussions.

You're an 'undiserable' that people like to avoid on forums.

So! Don't worry about growing old, death, or even "growing up," It will catch up with you someday...I hope!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
gey hinom (gehenna) was and is a valley (gey) to the southwest of Jerusalem. It was a place to burn garbage...like a dump!

In the next age, I believe that the lake of fire will be on the opposite side of the new earth.

So there will be the great city, and the nations all around that get their light from the city (God will be the only Light).

As we move away from the great city it will get darker and darker. Then along with the curvature of the new earth there will be no light visible at all. It will be perpetually dark there. The ones confined to these regions will live in outer darkness and live as wanderers.

If one continues to move away into outer darkness one will feel the heat from the lake of fire. The fire burns forever as a reminder of the rebellion of men. No soul that is cast into the fire can live there. It dies when it is burned up!

That's my take!:)

Now that's an interesting concept.

Yet I somehow think the "lake of fire" will actually be somewhere closer to outside the Holy City, simply because of how Satan led some of God's people to take part in infant sacrifices there to the false god Molech (see Jer.19).

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
All I have to say is please keep discussing this. Keeping it "nice" of course (Remember the "nice" discussion topic). I have so much trouble understanding prophecies and I know I am dependent on the Holy Spirit for my understanding, I just don't know where to start and the study seems intimidating.

One of the few tools I have right now is blueletterbible.com. It defines aionos in Greek as eternal. I guess being completely destroyed from existence would be a fairly eternal punishment though, the effects of which would last forever. It's hard for me to comprehend the complete destruction of an individual (a soul).

To Veteran (but also others)

Is what you're saying is that you believe hell is a heavenly (or hellish) prison where souls are kept and wait for destruction, but when heaven comes to earth and the physical and spiritual meet, then it will become a physical location? Do you believe that the dead in sin before the tribulation will only be physically risen at the end of the 1000 year reign, and that there will be sinful man afterward that go to the physical place, or do you believe all people since the beginning will be around once Christ sets up his reign?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
To Veteran (but also others)

Is what you're saying is that you believe hell is a heavenly (or hellish) prison where souls are kept and wait for destruction, but when heaven comes to earth and the physical and spiritual meet, then it will become a physical location?

Somewhat, yes. The abode of the wicked that uses Greek 'haides' in the New Testament manuscripts is about a literal heavenly abode of where the wicked are kept, like a heavenly prison. Peter told us how Christ after His Resurrection went to the spirits in prison and preached The Gospel. That was OT prophecy from Isaiah 42 that He would do that, and lead some of the prisoners out, only Peter didn't cover that last part of their release (we were expected to have already read Isa.42 maybe?).

Study Isaiah 14 which is speaking of future time also when Lucifer is cast to the sides of the pit, and those seeing him saying, "Is this the man that...?" Ezekiel 28:18 declares Satan's destruction is UPON the earth, pointing to the "lake of fire" event taking place somewhere upon the earth where it will be seen. It's compared to Tophet per the end of Isa.30. And if the abode of the wicked called 'hell' in Rev.20:14 goes into... the "lake of fire", where would that most likely mean where that abode is during Christ's thousand years reign?

Study Luke 16 about the description our Lord Jesus gave about two sides in Paradise, with a great fixed gulf in between. The abode of the wicked called 'hell' in some verses is... in the heavenly dimension, behind a veil. Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but the real question should be, to which side? In the Greek Septuagint OT, the word for Eden is the Greek word for 'paradise'. On earth, as it is in Heaven. Physical prisons here on earth, a prison abode also in Heaven.

Do you believe that the dead in sin before the tribulation will only be physically risen at the end of the 1000 year reign, and that there will be sinful man afterward that go to the physical place, or do you believe all people since the beginning will be around once Christ sets up his reign?

Our Lord Jesus showed in John 5:29 that His elect will be of the "resurrection of life", but the dead will be of the "resurrection of damnation", BOTH happening at the sound of His voice at His coming (means at start of His Millennial reign). That is why the "outer darkness" outside the gates of The Holy City will exist, where the 'dead' will be.

The problem is with misunderstanding the word "dead" as used in Rev.20:5. It's a common mistake to think that means physically flesh dead only with no resurrection. It is actually meant in the 'spiritually dead' sense, being resurrected to a body of incorruption, but not having put on Jesus Christ, and thus still subject to the "second death", which is the destruction of one's spiritual body and soul in the lake of fire with Satan and his angels. It's the same state the "rich man" of Luke 16 was in.

In Acts 24:15, Apostle Paul said it was his hope there will be a resurrection of BOTH the just and the unjust. Was that just so the spiritually dead could be resurrected at the end of Christ's thousand years and immediately go into the lake of fire? God forbid, no. His hope in that was about a hope that some of the wicked dead would HEAR DURING Christ's thousand years, and be saved at the end of it.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
When Christ died, He descended into hell.
Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
In Matthew 12:40, Jesus says:

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

The Bible say's "Hell is inside the earth!"

Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
When Christ died, He descended into hell.
Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
In Matthew 12:40, Jesus says:

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

The Bible say's "Hell is inside the earth!"

Ephesians 4:9, says of Jesus: "Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH."

The bible dont say Hell is inside the earth

Hell in Acts 2:31 is Hades in Greek and simply means the grave, the place of departed souls.
the OT says that those who die know nothing neither do they have a memory.

Hell is used for about 5 other words in scripture.
Jesus did not speak on HELL but Gehenna Valley. A garbage dump and it was not Hades.

Hell isn't a Hebrew or Aramaic word and shouldn't be used today for 5 diverse places which cause confusion.

the Lake of Fire is Southeast of the city of David.
Its also known as the Dead Sea and Gehenna Valley heads into the Lake of Fire.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The bible dont say Hell is inside the earth

Hell in Acts 2:31 is Hades in Greek and simply means the grave, the place of departed souls.
the OT says that those who die know nothing neither do they have a memory.

Hell is used for about 5 other words in scripture.
Jesus did not speak on HELL but Gehenna Valley. A garbage dump and it was not Hades.

Hell isn't a Hebrew or Aramaic word and shouldn't be used today for 5 diverse places which cause confusion.

the Lake of Fire is Southeast of the city of David.
Its also known as the Dead Sea and Gehenna Valley heads into the Lake of Fire.

You're right that the abode of the wicked is not literally 'in' the earth. But some things in your other declarations are lacking. Christ is the Firstfruit of the resurrection, it has already started, which is why there was a small general resurrection at the time of His death upon the cross...

Matt 27:50-53
50 Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
(KJV)

God is not the God of the dead, but of the living, like He also said in Luke 20:38.

Our Lord Jesus DID refer to the concept of Hades also. There's 4 of His quotes in NT Scripture where the word "hell" is Greek 'haides' in the manuscripts. Apostle Paul also used the Greek word for Hades in his Epistles, for that was the only available Greek word for the concept of the heavenly prison for the wicked after they die. It didn't mean Paul agreed with everything the Greeks held about Hades. Paul made himself plain when even using Greek slang.