Which God do you worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I only know of one, the one that said,

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

But I hear of, the catholic god, teh SDA god, the Greek orthodox, god, the JW god, the presbyterian god, and so on, then there is teh King James god, the New Kj god, the living word god, the nsv god, teh asv god and so on and so forth, they couldnt possibly be the same god as they all disagree as to who God is, and since God is not divided they ceratinly cant be Him. So which God do you worship??

In all His Love

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike you, I haven't heard others refer to the god of a Bible translation or denomination. My understanding they only refer to one true God, but we disagree on some interpretation of Bible verses.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
mjrhealth said:
I only know of one, the one that said,

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

But I hear of, the catholic god, teh SDA god, the Greek orthodox, god, the JW god, the presbyterian god, and so on, then there is teh King James god, the New Kj god, the living word god, the nsv god, teh asv god and so on and so forth, they couldnt possibly be the same god as they all disagree as to who God is, and since God is not divided they ceratinly cant be Him. So which God do you worship??

In all His Love
This is absolute bunk. Do you think that God's made himself so inaccessible that if people believe something about him even slightly at variance with the truth, they are suddenly worshipping a "different God"? And as a Catholic, I have to ask you how does this bode for you if it turns out that the Protestant Reformation was indeed in error and God is truly as particular as you believe him to be? Would you then be worshipping a "different God" to the forfeit of your eternal soul?

You didn't think this through, did you?

Reactions: Eltanin

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh I have thought this through over and over, and since I was born and raised a catholic, i think I know enough to ask the question, so anwer me which one do you worship?? God never made Himself inacsseible, the tearing of the vale in the temple at Christs resurection took care of that, it is man that has built up the walls around God as Jesus said,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Religion has done more damage than the devil himself could have ever asked for.

In all His Love

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
mjrhealth said:
Oh I have thought this through over and over, and since I was born and raised a catholic, i think I know enough to ask the question, so anwer me which one do you worship?? God never made Himself inacsseible, the tearing of the vale in the temple at Christs resurection took care of that, it is man that has built up the walls around God as Jesus said,

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Religion has done more damage than the devil himself could have ever asked for.

In all His Love
That's your scriptural defense for your claim that anyone who doesn't agree with you is worshipping a "different God"? I'm just......speechless.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
I am not sure where you are going mjr...

I can read your original post and agree, and then read it again and disagree...

I agree with you:
If you are saying that people who constrain their belief to just one interpretation, and then judge others eternal state solely by their own personal doctrine which they have garnered from a specific translation or denomination, then I do see it as becoming idolatrous. Since people who so rigidly insist that they are in full understanding of all that the Scripture encompasses, usually value their understanding of a book or doctrine more than the humility of Christ and a relationship with God.

I disagree with you:
If you are implying that there can be no differences in the way that people believe. If you believe that each individual come to the same understandings in the same order no matter the book or denomination, then I would say I cannot agree.

Yes, God IS. He is so Vast, and so Awesome, and so Wonderful, that He can reveal Himself to us however we can best accept Him if He so chooses. We, as individuals, cannot relate the same way as any other, and God is so Magnificent and Merciful, that He will accept us and guide us, when we seek Him. We all start at different places, a Bible translation, a church denomination, a teacher, or something else. Even though God is ever the Same, we are all very different, but God is Big Enough to be the Same in and of Himself yet be able to approach us all at a level we can accept Him if we so choose.

It's when we decide we, or our book, denomination, or teacher, have all the answers, and we put our faith in our own understanding, and we hold all others to our own understanding, that we have replaced God with an idol. It is then, that we step out of the humility and the example of Christ. Anything other than the Holy Spirit, that we put the trust of our understanding into becomes a false god to us.

The Holy Spirit can use a Bible, a denomination, or a teacher, or anything else, to help us gain insight, but we should realize that none of us have all the answers, and show the humility and mercy of Christ at all times.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's your scriptural defense for your claim that anyone who doesn't agree with you is worshipping a "different God"? I'm just......speechless.
Not surprised, some religions are really good at it, arnt they.

In all His love

Eltanin, cant you see, there is only one God, but read tell me which one He is, some seem to have ownership of God, if you dont worship "My" God, well i only know of one, He doesnt change and never will for mankind, yet all the arguing and bickering says few obviously know Him. JEsus said to come to Him like little children, yet so few do, they know "of" God but yet dont seem to "know" God, if they did than we would all be worshiping one God, there would be no denominations and all would be at Christs feet, yet few are and that is why there is so much division. How can we all be worshiping the same God if we are all divided, God is not divided, just like the disciples who discovered the people worshiping the"unknown god" at the alter, Did He not say

Joh_4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Yet it is so rarely seeing. Gos is not a puppet that He will dance to teh tunes for mankind, yet that is how He is portrayed by so many.

in all His Love

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
The God who created us.

The God who spoke to Moses

The God of Abraham

The God who Jesus prayed to,is the God I worship.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
I DO see. There IS only ONE God. He is SO Incredible, I can't see All of Him. I see him in my immediate sphere of existence, and then as far as I look in any direction I see Him... But I understand that He goes beyond how far I can see into infinity, and it makes my brain hurt just thinking about it. I can't comprehend how great He is....

He cannot be completely known through one denomination, or one book.
No teacher will be able to tell you all there is to know God...
Those who would tell you otherwise limit you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well said Eltanin, and Pelaides,

I gues thats why He said,

Mat_18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
christians need to stop playing "gron up"

In all His Love

"laconic"?????

zhavoney

Son Of Man
Aug 25, 2013
God is Spirit and can't be seen. You can only see, hear and feel His handy work. Christ is God with us as are all who follow Him in His Spirit and power..

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
zhavoney said:
God is Spirit and can't be seen. You can only see, hear and feel His handy work. Christ is God with us as are all who follow Him in His Spirit and power..
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense at all especially the second sentence. God is physical and the fullness of the godhead rests bodily in Jesus Christ as we are told in the first chapter of Hebrews. The incarnation wasn't a temporary embodiment, it was a permanent event. God became man forever and Jesus will return to earth as he left it (Acts 1:11) in physical form with the physical evidence of his crucifixion. And we too will be physical creatures in a physical paradise. Creation isn't something to be escaped, creation is something that will one day be perfected.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Mjr.....I'm afraid I still don't quite understand what you're trying to say....yes, I get the "ONE" God...I agree, there is only one, the Triune God that reveals himself to us in the Bible.
But I'm not sure what you're saying when you refer to other demoninations having seperate gods....are you claiming here that Catholics and Presbyterians (for example) are worshiping other gods? Are you saying that you see them in the same light as the JW...clearly not following the God of the Bible? Or are you just saying that by making open hand issues (non essential to salvation...as opposed to closed hand issues...those things that are essential for salvation, like the Trinity, etc) points to go to war over, that we may as well be serving different gods? That if we embraced the closed hand issues and ceased fighting over the open hand ones, that we might become more united, thus doing away with the need for different denominations?

zhavoney

Son Of Man
Aug 25, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense at all especially the second sentence. God is physical and the fullness of the godhead rests bodily in Jesus Christ as we are told in the first chapter of Hebrews. The incarnation wasn't a temporary embodiment, it was a permanent event. God became man forever and Jesus will return to earth as he left it (Acts 1:11) in physical form with the physical evidence of his crucifixion. And we too will be physical creatures in a physical paradise. Creation isn't something to be escaped, creation is something that will one day be perfected.
All that you can see feel hear and touch is Gods creation. God is Spirit and though He inhabits His creation and holds it all together He is not any physical part of His creation. He manifested in the flesh as Christ without leaving His throne.

Isaiah 66
1 Thus says the Lord: "Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
zhavoney said:
All that you can see feel hear and touch is Gods creation. God is Spirit and though He inhabits His creation and holds it all together He is not any physical part of His creation. He manifested in the flesh as Christ without leaving His throne.

Isaiah 66
1 Thus says the Lord: "Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?
If there's any irksome trait among Bible fundamentalists, it's quoting from the Old Testament as if nothing changed between then and now. Something has changed, and that "something" is the greatest event in the history of the universe, the incarnation of God; God becoming man. To pretend this never happened is just outrageous so core a Christian belief it is. I correctly affirmed from the first chapter of Hebrews that the fullness of the godhead rests in Jesus bodily and you throw a verse at me from the Old Testament as to deny this wonderful and miraculous event? Sound Bible exegesis is understanding what parts of the Old Testament have been superseded and fulfilled in the New Covenant. During Isaiah's time, God was not incarnated, today God is. It's sloppy and undisciplined to search the Bible Old Testament and new, for verses that can be repurposed to support your error, like trying to find a jigsaw puzzle piece and then hammering it until it fits where you want to. It can even be viewed as irreverent misuse of the holy scriptures.

God is and forever will be Immanuel. Don't pervert the Bible to say otherwise.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rach, comes down to this,

Will the real Jesus​
Please stand up. So which one is He. It can be so confusing. See when I first heard the voice of the Holy Spirit, I was not really aware of who it was, religion had not prepared me, though I knew it was something special. The I get to give my life to the Lord, it really did not appear such a big deal at the time, but it changed my Life. Then came the problems. You see after that, all I knew about Jesus was, from what I read, what I had being told, and what I understood, from my own knowledge and I was confused. And I guess this is why this little story was give, of which I am sure some of you have read.

A short Story​
A man is taken and put into a room. This man knows nothing about Jesus, the bible or religion. He is then told that some Christians will come and talk to him, each having 5 minutes.
And so the first one enters the room, a JW and starts talking, telling this man about his church, his religion and about salvation. And then so it was, that an AOG , a Catholic, a protestant, a morman and many others came and spoke to this man.
Then Jesus entered the room, and the man said,” Oh, I guess you want me to join your church too ?.
Jesus smiled and asked him, “ what did they tell you.
Oh he said, one claimed there was no salvation outside the church, another claimed that only 144000 where going to make it, one told me how to be a good Christian, another said baptism was required, but there was little that they agreed on. But there was one thing they mostly agreed on and that was, that their church was the right one.
Then Jesus asked him,” and what about Jesus”?.
Oh Him, well I’m not so sure, they tell me He died for all my sins, then they tell me I must go to a priest to have my sins forgiven, they tell me I must repeat some words after them to receive Jesus, by the time they where finished, I was confused and this Jesus seems to be a hard taskmaster.
Oh! Jesus exclaimed., and do you know who I am ?
No! he replied.
I am Him, Jesus, the one they spoke of.
Oh, the man replied, I didn’t recognize you, you don’t look or sound anything like what they said of you., but how can I be saved /
Jesus replied ,do you believe that I died for all your sins and that salvation is through me?.
The man thought for a minute, Yes he replied.
Then, Jesus replied, your sins are forgiven and your salvation is at hand.
But, the man said, what must I do to earn my salvation ?.
Nothing, Jesus replied, just have faith and believe.
What about tomorrow,? Will I see you?
I will always be with, replied Jesus.
And If I sin again?
Then just ask me for forgiveness and believe and it will be so.
That is just to good to be true.
It is, replied Jesus, but it is hard for the flesh to accept.
The man stood up, I must go, will I see you again?
Just say my name and I will be there in front of you ,whether you see me or not I am with you.
And so the man left, happy in the knowledge

You see, my vision of Jesus has being tainted, to the point where I stll question Him even after all He has done and shown me. A new mind, that is what I ask for, to have all the filth ,and wrong teachings removed from me, erased, reformatted, then filled with Him, for I long to know the real Jesus, not my or anyone elses idea of who He is.

How is God going to change teh world when christians dont even know who He is.

In His Love

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
The confusion comes from the fact that unholy and uninspired men in the 4th century turned the reality of 3 gods into a 1 god trinity. So when you ask what god do you worship, all of mainstream Christianity can clearly answer that they don't really know. I cant tell you how many times the trinity has been described to me as something that is incomprehensible, so don't bother even trying to understand it. Ok, but the problem is that Jesus said eternal life is to know THEM... The Father and the Son.

The trinity makes no sense and leads to all this confusion. It is plain to see that it isn't biblical since the word is not even in there. What you will find is the word godhead, where three beings form a governing council. They sent one of them, Jesus, to perform the atonement and set the example. He referred to them all individually, He did the will of one of them, He said the other would come to comfort, etc. On and on it goes.

What god do I worship? I worship our Father, and consequently, Jesus' Father, through the proscribed manner in which the Father wants us to worship Him, that is through worshipping and emulating His son Jesus Christ. If you can be like Jesus, then you will be like His Father. So stop trying to make them into one spiritual being of mist or essence that just floats in space or is just everywhere, that is ridiculous doctrine.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
mjrhealth said:
How is God going to change teh world when christians dont even know who He is.

In His Love
Okay....I understand where you're coming from a little better now. And in a big way I think you're correct....sometimes there seems to be so much arguing and contention between Christians and what we 'believe' that at times it feels like we're from different religions.
But I would also remind you of the opposite. There are many occasions when Christians from different denominations come together under a single banner....Jesus. Where I come from, rural Australia....we don't see any contention...on that level anyway. In fact we had an entire church congregation move to our church when their denomination accepted gay people into clergy. They saw it was against scripture and were faithful to God, rather than their label.
My point is: don't be so quick to declare that people don't know the real Jesus. Remember...it is Jesus himself and the Spirit that can make himself known to us, and when he chooses to do so, nothing, not even denomination, will get in his path!!

Robertson said:
The confusion comes from the fact that unholy and uninspired men in the 4th century turned the reality of 3 gods into a 1 god trinity. So when you ask what god do you worship, all of mainstream Christianity can clearly answer that they don't really know. I cant tell you how many times the trinity has been described to me as something that is incomprehensible, so don't bother even trying to understand it. Ok, but the problem is that Jesus said eternal life is to know THEM... The Father and the Son.

The trinity makes no sense and leads to all this confusion. It is plain to see that it isn't biblical since the word is not even in there. What you will find is the word godhead, where three beings form a governing council. They sent one of them, Jesus, to perform the atonement and set the example. He referred to them all individually, He did the will of one of them, He said the other would come to comfort, etc. On and on it goes.

What god do I worship? I worship our Father, and consequently, Jesus' Father, through the proscribed manner in which the Father wants us to worship Him, that is through worshipping and emulating His son Jesus Christ. If you can be like Jesus, then you will be like His Father. So stop trying to make them into one spiritual being of mist or essence that just floats in space or is just everywhere, that is ridiculous doctrine.
It constantly amazes me that people think we are ABLE to comprehend God fully. If we can, then our God is not all powerful, but small and insignificant. Anything that humans can fully understand must be tiny indeed.

A friendly reminder: Here at Christianity Board we hold that the Bible clearly teaches the doctrine of the Trinity.
You are welcome to put forward what you believe...but it must be painted as just that...what you believe. Any derogatory remarks about the Trinity will not be welcome. Ta....

zhavoney

Son Of Man
Aug 25, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
If there's any irksome trait among Bible fundamentalists, it's quoting from the Old Testament as if nothing changed between then and now. Something has changed, and that "something" is the greatest event in the history of the universe, the incarnation of God; God becoming man. To pretend this never happened is just outrageous so core a Christian belief it is. I correctly affirmed from the first chapter of Hebrews that the fullness of the godhead rests in Jesus bodily and you throw a verse at me from the Old Testament as to deny this wonderful and miraculous event? Sound Bible exegesis is understanding what parts of the Old Testament have been superseded and fulfilled in the New Covenant. During Isaiah's time, God was not incarnated, today God is. It's sloppy and undisciplined to search the Bible Old Testament and new, for verses that can be repurposed to support your error, like trying to find a jigsaw puzzle piece and then hammering it until it fits where you want to. It can even be viewed as irreverent misuse of the holy scriptures.

God is and forever will be Immanuel. Don't pervert the Bible to say otherwise.
If you have faith to reap the flesh then your faith is vain. The final outcome of the gospel of Christ is to become as He is "Spiritual". Here is the same verse in the new testament.

ACTS 7
49 'Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, Or what is the place of My rest?

Romans 8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.