Which Is Worse ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Which is worse ?

What Paul did, that is, not know Christ, but God, and persecute Christians ?

(I have seen two film depictions on the Damascus experience. The first one the director chose to have God's voice sound angry. But in the second, the director had His voice sound gentle, and with much love and compassion.)

OR

To be an unbeliever altogether and hate the entire trinity ?

Just asking, cause I know both kinds of people.

For the record, I know neither are saved. I was just wondering if it had any difference in life.

But regarding Paul's experience with God Almighty intervening Himself, I would like to think it was done with compassion. I mean, God knows everything, so He knew Saul/Paul would believe. But would he have if God had not intervened ? I just wonder sometimes. Most times I think not. That's why God chose to nudge him. :lol:

God saw something in Saul He knew He could use for sure is all I know !

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
I think it better to at least acknowledge God in some way. He is faithful and will make sure to put even the most prideful person on their knees, if they acknowledge Him in any way, even if their understanding is not full.

I love Paul's conversion. I praise the Lord for it. God can turn the most vile of His enemies into one of His most staunch allies in history. Paul, in my opinion, is the greatest lawyer the world has ever seen. It is no wonder God wanted to use Paul, the legal arguments Paul uses are unbreakable. This is why God calls people to serve Him from all walks of life. He needs plumbers, electricians, carpenters, food service workers, mechanics, lawyers, doctors, even psychiatrists (if you can believe it :blink: ). It even gives someone like me some hope! :)

SL

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
laid renard said:
Which is worse ?

(I have seen two film depictions on the Damascus experience. The first one the director chose to have God's voice sound angry. But in the second, the director had His voice sound gentle, and with much love and compassion.)

OR

For the record, I know neither are saved. I was just wondering if it had any difference in life.

But regarding Paul's experience with God Almighty intervening Himself, I would like to think it was done with compassion. I mean, God knows everything, so He knew Saul/Paul would believe. But would he have if God had not intervened ? I just wonder sometimes. Most times I think not. That's why God chose to nudge him. :lol:

For those who heed Gods warning in revelation about Babylon the great( world empire of false religions) --God warned all---GET OUT OF HER-- or one will be held accountable for all of her sins that have amassed to the heavens---
So it would be better to be an unbeliever.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
laid renard said:
Which is worse ?

OR

Paul was worse. He even said he was the chiefest of sinners. Judgement day implies, judgement. Judgement = differing sentences. Murderer = twenty five years in 'the hole' in hell. Rejecting Jesus = get too hell.

It is not in God to be partial / give Paul special treatment. I agree with you, God definitely saw something in Paul that He could work with.