Which kind of FAITH regarding JESUS do you have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF you're Born Again of the Holy Spirit by FAITH in the perfect SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross (Eph 2:8,9) then you HAVE been cleansed of all your sin - assuming that when AS A CHRISTIAN you sin, you confess it (1 John 1:9) so it can be cleansed.

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Bob, how many times must you "Repent" and how many times must you be baptized in water to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? And what does the Holy Spirit do in us? Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

It is exactly the same many times we must confess our sins in 1 John 1:9 - ONCE to become a born again Christian, and free from sin.

You never HAD a "Sin nature" all you have is a "HUMAN NATURE" which still functions as it always has, and you're still tempted according to James 1 - and sometimes you let the temptations "conceive" and become sinful acts - just like the rest of us.

Two natures? Scripture is full of why Jesus came - to free us from sin - what separated us from God in the first place. What most denominations do not get is that starting with the first separation from 1st century teaching, the RCC, and continuing through the Reformation, we have either the divine nature of God and a human nature that chooses righteousness from our own will out of obedience to God, or the carnal sinful nature and human nature, but it struggles between what is the law of God and our carnal desires, which the first is free from. We do NOT HAVE BOTH.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Bob, how many times must you "Repent" and how many times must you be baptized in water to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? And what does the Holy Spirit do in us? Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

It is exactly the same many times we must confess our sins in 1 John 1:9 - ONCE to become a born again Christian, and free from sin.

Two natures? Scripture is full of why Jesus came - to free us from sin - what separated us from God in the first place. What most denominations do not get is that starting with the first separation from 1st century teaching, the RCC, and continuing through the Reformation, we have either the divine nature of God and a human nature that chooses righteousness from our own will out of obedience to God, or the carnal sinful nature and human nature, but it struggles between what is the law of God and our carnal desires, which the first is free from. We do NOT HAVE BOTH.

SO then, why do YOU sin??

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO then, why do YOU sin??

I don't. But what I want to know from you is why you doubt Jesus? Did Jesus die for NOTHING in your case? Have you never taken steps to become born again and free from sin?

Now I'm waiting for you to respond with 1 John 1:8. But just so you know, I'm not a Gnostic so that verse never even applied to me, and before I was born again I was a complete sinner, and admitted it. 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are not Christians. 1 John 1:9 cleansed me of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, and nailed my old sin nature on the cross. Therefore, when I was free from sin, it wouldn't have been a lie, because I didn't sin. Why don't you do the same and truly receive the Holy Spirit.

But I'm still wondering how long it will take you to argue about "we" or some other foolishness and are blinded to the fact that verses 5-10 are contrasts between light and darkness. Those with God in them, and those without.

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't. But what I want to know from you is why you doubt Jesus? Did Jesus die for NOTHING in your case? Have you never taken steps to become born again and free from sin?

I was Born again, and cleansed from my SIN back in '63. And when I SIN, I confess it, so that my Advocate can forgive and cleanse me.

Hopefully when YOU SIN, you do the same thing.

I'm not a Gnostic

what's THAT got to do with anything???

1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 are not Christians.

Where'd you pick up THAT foolish rationalization???

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where'd you pick up THAT foolish rationalization???

I just told you. It is a contrast between light vs. darkness. That is why verse 8 and 10 are separtated by verse 9 instead of written as one verse. This is an example of the Semitic writing style of contrasts. Chapter 3 is the same writing style. It was written to people with an eastern mindset. You and I have a western mindset, more Greek. The Greeks wrote in paragraphs, not in this back and forth contrast. I doubt you've ever heard of this unless you studied the style of the apostles and not just their words. They were all Jews.

Reactions: Episkopos

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just told you. It is a contrast between light vs. darkness. That is why verse 8 and 10 are separtated by verse 9 instead of written as one verse. This is an example of the Semitic writing style of contrasts. Chapter 3 is the same writing style. It was written to people with an eastern mindset. You and I have a western mindset, more Greek. The Greeks wrote in paragraphs, not in this back and forth contrast. I doubt you've ever heard of this unless you studied the style of the apostles and not just their words. They were all Jews.
CHuckle!!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I take ANYTHING you say out of context seriously??

The context is sinlessness in God. Read chapter 3. So in verse 8 saying you don't have sin being a lie certainly can't be a Christian, but they are human, so must be BEFORE coming to Christ. Unless you don't believe verse 9. Oh yeah, you believe that is for one sin, and not you sinful nature, so you must keep repeating the confessions like in the RCC.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But at 80, I'll give you the "Old Dog" evaluation.

I'm only 5 years behind you, but I've learned more in the past 10 years than I knew anytime before that. But it was because I was tired of all the man-made reasoning, like what you know. I prayed to God to erase all the wrong doctrine and reteach me. And He started immediately!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context is sinlessness in God. Read chapter 3. So in verse 8 saying you don't have sin being a lie certainly can't be a Christian, but they are human, so must be BEFORE coming to Christ. Unless you don't believe verse 9. Oh yeah, you believe that is for one sin, and not you sinful nature, so you must keep repeating the confessions like in the RCC.
There's no such thing as a special "Sinful nature". That's just a "Theological" invention. We all have a HUMAN NATURE just like Adam, and Jesus had during His physical life. and nobody's "Human nature' has ever changed.

TRUE our "old man" WAS (simple past tense) crucified with Christ.

BUT it STLL falls to us when we're "Born Again" to "Crucify the flesh", and walk in the Spirit.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as a "Sinful nature" we all have a HUMAN NATURE just like Adam, and Jesus had during His physical life

The sinful nature is called "the flesh." Scripture is full of why Jesus came - to free us from sin - what separated us from God in the first place. What most denominations do not get is that starting with the first separation from 1st century teaching, the RCC, and continuing through the Reformation, we have either the divine nature of God and a human nature that chooses righteousness from our own will out of obedience to God, or the carnal sinful nature and human nature, but it struggles between what is the law of God and our carnal desires, which the first is free from. We do NOT HAVE BOTH a carnal nature and a divine nature.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm only 5 years behind you, but I've learned more in the past 10 years than I knew anytime before that. But it was because I was tired of all the man-made reasoning, like what you know. I prayed to God to erase all the wrong doctrine and reteach me. And He started immediately!

Chuckle - SOMEBODY sure did, but I rather doubt it was HIM.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chuckle - SOMEBODY sure did, but I rather doubt it was HIM.

Then I suspect you are tossed around with every wind of doctrine, James 1:6, because you are certainly clueless to 1 John 3:5-9

Bob, I don't want that for you. We are in the last days! Just look around.