Which kind of FAITH regarding JESUS do you have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What some do not recognize is that there are two kinds of faith regarding Jesus.

The faith in Jesus doesn't end in freedom from sin.
The faith of Jesus in you DOES give us complete freedom from sin. This is when you are completely filled with the Spirit of Christ and have His nature. You become one. John 17.

Those who keep sinning but call themselves Christians are not safe from hell. Satan doesn't care if you believe IN Jesus and have faith IN Him, as long as you keep sinning and stay away from the faith OF Jesus. Then you are his. Romans 6:15-16. Yes, we all need to start with faith IN Jesus. That is the Holy Spirit drawing us, but we MUST be born again into the faith OF Jesus. His faith and nature in us.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What some do not recognize is that there are two kinds of faith regarding Jesus.

The faith of Jesus in you DOES give us complete freedom from sin. This is when you are completely filled with the Spirit of Christ and have His nature. You become one. John 17.

Those who keep sinning but call themselves Christians are not safe from hell. Satan doesn't care if you believe IN Jesus and have faith IN Him, as long as you keep sinning and stay away from the faith OF Jesus. Then you are his. Romans 6:15-16. Yes, we all need to start with faith IN Jesus. That is the Holy Spirit drawing us, but we MUST be born again into the faith OF Jesus. His faith and nature in us.
(I still have trouble believing she was born in the 1st century.)

What popped out at me when I read John 17 was the idea that the true believers in God, or those closest to him, might be very scattered throughout the world. There might be few or none in your neighborhood, few or none in your church.

But I do know there are people in my church that love God, even if they still have a lot to learn. Then I have to wonder how much I have to learn. I certainly do stumble a lot.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are too many here who really will not hear this. That negative faith that so many follow is the clincher. For man it is impossible. Even so...!
But for God in me and me in Him?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(I still have trouble believing she was born in the 1st century.)

What popped out at me when I read John 17 was the idea that the true believers in God, or those closest to him, might be very scattered throughout the world. There might be few or none in your neighborhood, few or none in your church.

But I do know there are people in my church that love God, even if they still have a lot to learn. Then I have to wonder how much I have to learn. I certainly do stumble a lot.

I'm a first century lady because I teach what was taught in the first century and not what was twisted after the apostles died.

They taught a true Christian can remain sinless from the time they are born again by not willfully committing a sin that is against their conscience. That doesn't make them perfect yet, but they DO live up to the knowledge they have. To become perfect one must mature in all the fruit of the Spirit. Peter gives some steps to follow to never stumble. 2 Peter 1:2-11.

If you are still a slave to sin confess that to Jesus so that He can fill you with His Spirit. You cannot stop sinning all by yourself. The desires have to be killed (crucified) and the Spirit of Christ can kill the old man nature, and create a new one that partakes of the divine nature of Jesus.

Romans 6:6-7

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’d have to hear you talk more to know for sure but…I think this needs some tweaking. You seem to be saying one is not born again from above until they are sinless and that receiving a deposit of the Holy Spirit is just a drawing but not a new birth.
I completely agree with what you said at first. I even agree with the first sentence of your second paragraph but think it needs some expounding because humility and fear of God go a long way with Him.

You have to leave some room. (Yes, today, too much room is left.) But some room must be left for babies, as they do soil themselves after they are born. For a few years, actually. We don’t insist they aren’t born until they stop soiling themselves.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a first century lady because I teach what was taught in the first century and not what was twisted after the apostles died.

They taught a true Christian can remain sinless from the time they are born again by not willfully committing a sin that is against their conscience. That doesn't make them perfect yet, but they DO live up to the knowledge they have. To become perfect one must mature in all the fruit of the Spirit. Peter gives some steps to follow to never stumble. 2 Peter 1:2-11.

If you are still a slave to sin confess that to Jesus so that He can fill you with His Spirit. You cannot stop sinning all by yourself. The desires have to be killed (crucified) and the Spirit of Christ can kill the old man nature, and create a new one that partakes of the divine nature of Jesus.

Romans 6:6-7
It seems to me there is more than one definition to the word "sin." Is there something in the Bible that clears up the confusion?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The genius of God is that we need BOTH kinds of faith to live the entire scope of human experience as He intends. However weak our own contribution is to the overall picture...as long as it is in submission to Him...what makes us human is the "fusion" of what we are and what He is together into oneness.

I have walked in both kinds of faith. The faith OF Christ is a walk without any spot or wrinkle of sin. The walk of faith (our own) is the potential we are growing in as we take on more of the character of Christ in our own make-up that comes from our experience of His holy inspired walk.

His power is made perfect in our weakness. Such genius! :) <><

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is clear about having faith does not mean that you still don't have sin in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course the Bible is also clear about a couple of other things regarding this.

The first is that having real faith in Jesus Christ comes from hearing Him.

Second is that if you do indeed have faith in Jesus Christ your sins are not taken into account by God.

The Bible points out that there are those pretending obedience to Him.

And finally we see over and over that there are those who with their eyes they don't see and with their ears they barely hear - obviously taking about our spiritual eyes and ears because who doesn't see and hear with their physical eyes and eaars.

It also is worth pointing out that "ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS SIN". It seems a whole lot of people think they are always doing the right thing when they are not. That is an unrepentant attitude!! That can also be called and attitude of pride - we are all sinners according to the Bible - which means we all do things which are not right "and what is right or wrong is not up to you to decided!!!!"

So, what if you went to work one day on your normal route and got in an accident. Did you then take the right route at the right time that day??

What if you had been talking to Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit that day. Might He have told you to take another route, or perhaps had you leave a little earlier? Those might have been the right thing to do to avoid the accident. Of course, if you are not listening to Him and doing what He said you would not have known the right thing to do!! You were then "Unrighteous" by deed and action and thus caused an accident!! You were a sinner even though you didn't know and thus were also unrepentant sinner - not seeking the voice of the Lord!!

WWJD - I have heard many say "What Would Jesus Do?" and then totally miss what Jesus Christ would have actually done and still does!!

Jesus said He did and even said only what the Father told Him!!!! That is why He is the Word of God - because He still only does and says what the Father tells Him!! Now we can hear from our Lord Jesus Christ if we indeed are believers with ears to hear - but frankly we don't often do that!! Instead, we lean on our own understanding, and thus do things like get in accidents or even say a wrong word to someone!!!

Now if we just admit that and confess that we make mistakes (sins) then He is faithful to forgive us! And didn't we read in the Bible about praying the Lord's prayer when get into that quiet place with God?? Every day I spend a little time in my favorite chair with the Lord. It starts, as told to do, by going thou the Lord's prayer which has that part about forgiveness. Then I might later run across a quote "Christian" trying to tell me they don't do anything wrong (sin). They obviously are doing something wrong, because they could not be praying the Lord's prayer about forgiveness if they don't think they need forgiveness for doing anything wrong, could they? They are then in fact pretending obedience!! They are infact deceiving themselves then!! If that is then the case, they must certainly not have the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Truth (Jesus Christ) in them, right?

1 Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

My freinds, there is only one type of faith in Jesus Christ!! With that faith you will be talking to Him with the intent to hear what He has to say to you. Paul referred to it as hearing with faith! If you indeed are hearing from Him, He will reprove you! So He will make you aware of your sins and you will regularly repent. You will realize you are a sinner in need of the Lord, even if you sin was not hearing from Him as often as your should - because not hearing from Him results in mistakes!! I make mistakes for that very reason. I am not the WORD OF GOD, who leads a perfect life. I do however believe in Him which results in me hearing from Him every day, and also ask for forgiveness from Him daily - because I need to. Truly knowing Him does humble you, simply because being around a perfect being is humbling to us sinners!!

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what they taught, not at all.

Many things would be different in the Bible if that were true. Here is just one example, again, of many!

Acts 15:18-21 KJV
18) Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
19) Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20) But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
21) For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Surely James and Peter and the others would have simply said . . . If you aren't keeping Moses' Laws, then you aren't born again, so, get born again! There would be no need to write to them to abstain from anything, since, if they were reborn, they would already be abstaining.

No, if this thinking were correct, the only answer would be that there is no need to concern yourself over such things, only, if you are not already doing everything that God wants, and nothing He prohibits, then, You Need to Get Saved!

But that wasn't their answer.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which kind of FAITH regarding JESUS do you have?
OP ^

Fullness. FaithFUL

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what they taught, not at all.

Many things would be different in the Bible if that were true. Here is just one example, again, of many!

Acts 15:18-21 KJV
18) Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
19) Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20) But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
21) For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Surely James and Peter and the others would have simply said . . . If you aren't keeping Moses' Laws, then you aren't born again, so, get born again! There would be no need to write to them to abstain from anything, since, if they were reborn, they would already be abstaining.

No, if this thinking were correct, the only answer would be that there is no need to concern yourself over such things, only, if you are not already doing everything that God wants, and nothing He prohibits, then, You Need to Get Saved!

But that wasn't their answer.

Much love!

It appears to me that the early Jewish Christians were keeping the laws of Moses, and here comes Paul seemingly teaching the Gentiles to sin. James is officially declaring in their hearing what part of the law of Moses the Gentiles must keep which doesn't include circumcision. It was for the Jew's benefit.

marks, what does Romans 6:6-7 mean to you?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d have to hear you talk more to know for sure but…I think this needs some tweaking. You seem to be saying one is not born again from above until they are sinless and that receiving a deposit of the Holy Spirit is just a drawing but not a new birth.
I completely agree with what you said at first. I even agree with the first sentence of your second paragraph but think it needs some expounding because humility and fear of God go a long way with Him.

You have to leave some room. (Yes, today, too much room is left.) But some room must be left for babies, as they do soil themselves after they are born. For a few years, actually. We don’t insist they aren’t born until they stop soiling themselves.

The soiling is unintentional for a newborn Christian IF they are actually born again. Someone born again will live up the the little knowledge they have. And they will continue to grow from there. Phil. 3:16. But there are others who have been told a lie about Jesus and have never been born again, but were as I was.

sbg, I was in church for 30 years forever learning but never coming to a full knowledge of the truth, UNTIL I came to the end of myself TRYING to keep God's commandments and suddenly realizing I DIDN'T WANT TO. It wasn't in my nature to stop committing adultery with the married man I loved. So all that time of learning was drawing, but true repentance is from integrity of heart. We have to acknowledge our heinous weakness that we know will send us to hell. For me, I didn't want to go to hell, so I told God that I could not stop sinning, and if He wanted me to stop and be righteous, He was stronger than I was and would have to intervene. He would have to make my lover break up with me and give him the strength to stay away from me while I tried to get him back, because I had tried and failed too many times, and came to realize I couldn't do it anymore. A week later he did. And God did give him the strength to stay away from me.

Two weeks later I was filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit, and actually felt a heaviness lift out of me - the old man, and a feather-light nature come in of power. And though I was a baby, I had more unlearning to do than learning, but learning also. I'm sure you read my testimony so you know the details.

His power takes the place of our weakness.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me there is more than one definition to the word "sin." Is there something in the Bible that clears up the confusion?

There is actually. 1 John 5:16-17.

Unintentional sins are minor sins of immature fruit of the Spirit. They are called sins not unto death. As we forgive others their trespasses against us, our own trespasses are forgiven. We need to always be ready to reconcile with the brethren, then the blood of Jesus will continually cleanse us of all unrighteousness (and keep us sinless). 1 John 1:7 But first:

Our nature to commit willful sins of lawlessness must be taken out of us through Jesus. They are sins unto death.

Romans 6:6-7 Romans 8:1-9

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Estey

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears to me that the early Jewish Christians were keeping the laws of Moses, and here comes Paul seemingly teaching the Gentiles to sin. James is officially declaring in their hearing what part of the law of Moses the Gentiles must keep which doesn't include circumcision. It was for the Jew's benefit.

marks, what does Romans 6:6-7 mean to you?
I think you are missing my point.

If you are reborn and no longer sin . . . why do you need someone to tell you to not sin?

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why should anyone recognize that there are "two kinds of faith" when the Bible does not present any such nonsense? How come you always come up with these erroneous ideas?

And genuine Christians do not "keep sinning". Another nonsensical idea. By the same token, even the apostle Paul was not on the same mountain peak as you. He never claimed sinless perfection (as do you). So genuine Christians can and do sin, but that is not the same as "keep sinning" (a lifestyle of sinful behavior).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible is clear about having faith does not mean that you still don't have sin in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't say that to one who believes (delusionally) that she is "sinlessly perfect". I notice that a few here actually "like" the nonsensical OP.

Reactions: mailmandan

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was for the Jew's benefit.

Rather, it was for their benefit, the gentile Christians.

Acts 15:24 KJV
24) Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are missing my point.

If you are reborn and no longer sin . . . why do you need someone to tell you to not sin?

Much love!

I think you missed my point. It was not for the Gentiles, but for the Jews who were judging them. Instead of the whole law of Moses, they limited it to those things that were necessary even before the law. Genesis 9

I understand where you were going with this. But I don't agree. Sorry.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, it was for their benefit, the gentile Christians.

Acts 15:24 KJV
24) Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Much love!

Yes, but who was judging them? The Gentiles?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you missed my point. It was not for the Gentiles, but for the Jews who were judging them. Instead of the whole law of Moses, they limited it to those things that were necessary even before the law. Genesis 9

I understand where you were going with this. But I don't agree. Sorry.
They wrote to the gentiles, to address the matter for them. Judiazers where trying to subvert them into the Law, and the Apostles gave them 4 rules to follow since the Jews were so steeped in Moses.

Much love!