Which would you save, a sinner or a saint?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You can save one person only, do you save the sinner or the saint?

• Sinner

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Saint

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I would cast lots

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes choosing sinner or saint is a tough question. I added casting lots for that reason. As I thought about.
Yea, not really all that tough, the sinner should be shown mercy. We should spur one another toward love and good deeds. And by making the choice for the saint we are marginalizing their love and deeds. So the best position for the person in a leadership position to choose one life over another is impartiality.

Now if the saint doesn't volunteer then perhaps they were not as secure as they thought.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reference James 5:16.

“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)

Once you are healed sin no more.

“Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:14)
With all this debate about sinner and righteousness I'm brought back to the parable of the Tax Collector and Pharisee. How the tax collector called himself and sinner and was more justified than the Pharisee that obeyed the commandments. I know some people twist this scripture as a reject of Christ for the Pharisee. But I don't see it that way. Accepting we are sinners and confessing it to God brings a certain humility to my soul. And I think that is pleasing to God no matter if I obey the commandments or not.

Reactions: dhh712

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, not really all that tough, the sinner should be shown mercy. We should spur one another toward love and good deeds. And by making the choice for the saint we are marginalizing their love and deeds. So the best position for the person in a leadership position to choose one life over another is impartiality.

Now if the saint doesn't volunteer then perhaps they were not as secure as they thought.
Good point! That makes sense to me. I'm not sure I would be that strong in a day that I saw this happen to me. But perhaps with the Holy Spirit in me I could be.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How the tax collector called himself and sinner and was more justified than the Pharisee that obeyed the commandments.

When I got saved I cried to God to save me a lost sinner. Then I was born of God! And:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin” (1 John 3:9)

Accepting we are sinners and confessing it to God… I think that is pleasing to God no matter if I obey the commandments or not.

Oh my!

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I got saved I cried to God to save me a lost sinner. Then I was born of God! And:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin” (1 John 3:9)

Oh my!

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)
I get what you're saying. I will still humble myself before the Righteous God. But I don't want to derail the thread too much. Thanks for your input, you're well versed in scripture. :)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not it’s not.

It’s ANGER, period!

Do not add to scripture, it’s forbidden!

You think anger is not a sin
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You make me laugh.

You are full of sin my friend. Especially pride
Jesus was tempted by the devil and so are you.
You think your better than Christ but your not even humble enough to admit error in yourself.
Satan's greatest lie is that he doesn't exist (in your life)

1 John 1:8 says if we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us

Purge your pride and repent for you are a mere human stained with sin

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Righteous anger is not a sin depending on how you act on it. God can be angry, but with man that can definitely be sin. So I agree with you on that part. But anger is not always a sin for man. I also am of the belief that all men sin daily. As the directives and doctrine of Christ is to perfection of behavior in tending to the poor and needy and obeying the commandments. Not something any man can do perfectly.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

True righteous indignation is the acception but we have to be careful because what we think is righteous is often not what God thinks is righteous.

If you have anger in your heart that's hatred that's resentment, that's sin. I stunned how anyone can claim otherwise.

Im even more stunned how anyone can claim to be free from the temptation of sin, as if they are higher than Jesus

Reactions: dev553344

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was tempted by the devil and so are you.

Jesus did not sin.

You can chose to let the Devil entice you to sin or rebuke him with scripture like Jesus did and not sin.

You chose who you will serve!

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

Read the Bible and grow up.

“…desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2)

Reactions: amigo de christo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not sin.

You can chose to let the Devil entice you to sin or rebuke him with scripture like Jesus did and not sin.

You chose who you will serve!

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

Read the Bible and grow up.

“…desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2)

I’d fairly guess the man HAS read his Bible if he understands that his anger is sin. You didn’t seem to have any idea to what verse he was referring to…

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True righteous indignation is the acception but we have to be careful because what we think is righteous is often not what God thinks is righteous.

If you have anger in your heart that's hatred that's resentment, that's sin. I stunned how anyone can claim otherwise.

Im even more stunned how anyone can claim to be free from the temptation of sin, as if they are higher than Jesus
Not if its righteous anger . Righteous anger is not a sin .
Even JESUS had it . And he looked upon them with ANGER , being grieved
Righteous anger is not a sin . Anger without a cause THAT IS SIN . example . When folks get angry at us who warn against sin
THAT IS SIN . But its not a sin to have righteous anger . I get wore out with half the stuff i see in churches .
Did you know the one thing that angers me is not what the world does , SO MUCH as what THE CHURCHES DO IN HIS NAME .
I get wore out with these pastors who fleece the flocks and point to ANOTHER jesus and preach that all inclusive dung Pile lie .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ALL are tempted . But its like that other guy said , YE can either quoate srips back and not sin OR ye can serve sin .
But as for the lambs WE GONNA FIGHT against every urge of lust our flesh tempts us with . CHOOSE YE THIS DAY whom YE shall serve
but as for the lambs ITS THE LORD WE SHALL SERVE . Dont you know that to whom YE OBEY , HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY .
Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace , I THINK WE NEED TO READ SOME BIBLES .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is anger in your heart, without cause, that is sin

“…whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment” (Matthew 5:22)

If he read his Bible why didn’t he quote the passage or even just write it from memory? And this does not change what I said about anger. If you get angry WITH A CAUSE it is no sin.

I’d fairly guess the man HAS read his Bible if he understands that his anger is sin

A looong time ago perhaps…

You didn’t seem to have any idea to what verse he was referring to…

The rebuker needs to bring forth evidence by quoting scripture if he wants to engage in a rebuke. It’s not on me to “guess” what scripture he might be referring to.

But thanks for posting a very good verse that expands on the topic.

Thank you!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he read his Bible why didn’t he quote the passage or even just write it from memory? And this does not change what I said about anger. If you get angry WITH A CAUSE it is no sin.

Maybe he didn’t quote it because he just assumed we all already knew what our Lord said?
Is murder sin…?

Edit: I see you made a mistake in typing and now corrected it. You originally said: even anger WITHOUT cause is not sin.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe he didn’t quote it because he just assumed we all already knew what our Lord said?
Is murder sin…?
Murder is sin . And ye KNOW that no murder ,as JOHN WROTE , has eternal life .
He who hates his brother is a murderer and ye know that no murderer has eternal life .
NOW FOR A HUGE REMINDER .
CHeck this out . YE shall not hate you brother in your heart , you shall in any way REBUKE HIM , CORRECT HIM
and not allow SIN upon HIM . OOOPS the false lovey churches are teaching hate . cause they wont correct squat .
I tried to tell us i have long been at war with this false all inclusive false love and false unity junk these churches preach these days .
Cause it AINT LOVE , IT AINT THE RIGHT UNITY and it sure AINT from GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime