Which would you save, a sinner or a saint?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You can save one person only, do you save the sinner or the saint?

• Sinner

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Saint

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I would cast lots

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s go over it. I think it’s very important to understand it as it leads to growth of a mans humility and keeping him safe.

21 “You have heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.’22 But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.

Another translation: Matthew 5:21-24
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

The next verses on adultery make it clearer, that it’s what your heart is doing being spoken of.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Of course it is @stunnedbygrace

In fact:

“…no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15)

And I don’t hate my brothers.
Its those who wont correct sin but rather allow the brethen to be in sin WHO DO HATE .
Yet they accuse US of hate . Its they who hate and are guilty of murder . THEY WONT CORRECT SIN
but they do CORRECT anyone who does try and correct sin .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

“Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.” (Leviticus 19:17)

I am trying to get my brethren out of sins grip!
Me too . but they think we the haters . cause todays chuches have long taught a FALSE LOVE , a false unity .
The people have no idea that satan knows how to use the word love and unity too . ONLY he brings a version of love
and of unity that serves HIM , NOT GOD . people are getting duped by this other jesus getting preached in todays churches .
Folks dont realize satan has always desired to be worshipped as GOD . AND how does one worship satan ,
CHECK OUT what paul wrote , BY THE LUSTS of our flesh , BY SIN . BY SIN . IF ONE serves SIN they are serving darkness .
Who we all once had our converation by the lusts of our flesh . SIN . But today , to these churches the only SIN
is TO CORRECT SIN .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would put blinders on, tell them to stick out their arms, and wherever God guided the needle, would be the recipient.
I let God be the judge.
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would put blinders on, tell them to stick out their arms, and wherever God guided the needle, would be the recipient.
I let God be the judge.
Hugs
Do ye not judge those that are WITHIN , but those who are outside GOD judges , therefore put that man OUT .
I have JUDGED already that man , PAUL said , and when you come together and my spirit
to deliver such a one over unto the destruction of the flesh that the Spirit may be saved in the day of the LORD .
ITS NOT A SIN to JUDGE THE CHURCH . WE SUPPOSED TO ziggy . Its called righteous judgment .
And how do we judge , not by the letter , no we dont kill one who pratices witchcraft or homosexuality or covetousness ,
WE DO however cast those who pratice sin OUT OF THE CHURCH TILL THEY REPENT . NO dont even eat with such a one .
Folks go back TO BIBLES NOW . we must LEARN that pattern .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So would he be begging to be executed or something similar?

No…he would be laying down his own life to save the life of his neighbor. Loving him and not wanting him to perish.
That would be a saint. We’re not talking about the average Christian of today. The question was about a saint.

Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s go over it. I think it’s very important to understand it as it leads to growth of a mans humility and keeping him safe.

21 “You have heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.’22 But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.

Another translation: Matthew 5:21-24
"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

The next verses on adultery make it clearer, that it’s what your heart is doing being spoken of.

The “without cause” part involves more than we first suppose.
If someone cuts us off in traffic, do we have cause for anger? Well…yes…but what happens if we ourselves have ever cut someone off in traffic? There we see another verse come in - if you do not forgive your brother from your heart then you will not be forgiven.

That was a maybe a too simple example but the point was made I guess.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No…he would be laying down his own life to save the life of his neighbor. Loving him and not wanting him to perish.
We are just going around in circles. You said something about "begging" which was quite inappropriate.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are just going around in circles. You said something about "begging" which was quite inappropriate.

I try not to get caught up too awful much in nitpicky arguments over words. I rather try to understand the spirit of what someone is trying to convey.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about that. The bible talks about having had faith and becoming fallen. That they should be renewed to repentance. Or does this mean something else?
My brain's been slow lately, but I'm not sure how that contradicts the gift of faith.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never felt anger, envy or lust? Cos feelings are also sins
This is absolute nonsense. Can you post some verses to support this?

If anything, feelings are temptations. It's only when we act upon them that they are sins.

The Bible plainly says "BE Angry, yet do not sin."
Ephesians 4:26

Why would it say 'Sin, yet do not sin.' ?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats righteous indignation
The only type of anger that might not be sinful
Otherwise anger is a sin

You should make a poll to see how many people think anger is not a sin.
I bet not many will agree
It doesn't matter if 99% agree with you.

Is there any Scripture to make your case?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If anything, feelings are temptations. It's only when we act upon them that they are sins.

What you said, Gen2Rev, is again not true....so, this seems to be habitual with you.
Listen., do you own a bible, or do you just use Cult teachings found in their commentaries?
Have you ever read a New Testament?
Ive given away many New Testaments, and i can send you one, as you dont seem to know anything about a New Testament, regarding what is in it.
Need one?
I can get you one, no charge.
I sent another member her one, a while back.
It can be done.

Now, Here is the thing...
If you have a bible, a NT, then you should know, as any 6 yr old Sunday School child would know.... that JESUS said, "if you look upon a woman with lust in your heart".....then you have committed the sin..., as surely as if you fornicated with her in real life.

Matthew 5:28

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"if you look upon a woman with lust in your heart".....

So stop doing that.

Are you a slave to your fleshly lusts?

Look here:

“…look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” (Colossians 3:2)

Do YOU have a Bible?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I showed you that every time you have lusted in your heart for male or female, you have, "sinned" according to Christ.

Christ is teaching us not to lust in our heart.

So don’t do it.

“Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.” (1 Corinthians 10:6)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you said, Gen2Rev, is again not true....so, this seems to be habitual with you.
Listen., do you own a bible, or do you just use Cult teachings found in their commentaries?
Have you ever read a New Testament?
Ive given away many New Testaments, and i can send you one, as you dont seem to know anything about a New Testament, regarding what is in it.
Need one?
I can get you one, no charge.
I sent another member her one, a while back.
It can be done.

Now, Here is the thing...
If you have a bible, a NT, then you should know, as any 6 yr old Sunday School child would know.... that JESUS said, "if you look upon a woman with lust in your heart".....then you have committed the sin..., as surely as if you fornicated with her in real life.

Matthew 5:28
Lol!

Looking on a woman and actively fantasizing about her in lust is A MILLION MILES AWAY from an involuntary feeling like anger or whatever other feelings your group is trying so hard to claim is a sin.

Ohhhh, ..... you are such a Champion! ;)

44629969.jpg

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Lol!

Looking on a woman and actively fantasizing about her in lust is A MILLION MILES AWAY

Yet you said "

""""""It's only when we act upon them that they are sins."""

So, as i told you, you have no idea what Jesus Teaches, and if you cared to know, you would know.
And also.... you wont be finding that out in your cult commentaries.