Who and what is the antichrist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty I see scripture showing that the dragon/satan will inhabit the human body of (The Beast) who gives the human man his power and authority

You will closely note (The Beast) rises out of the (Sea) which represents people, humanity

Beast Rise Up Out Of The Sea, "People"

Revelation 13:1-2KJV

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Satan is King of the bottomless pit, and rises when the pit is open as seen In Revelation Chapter 9

Revelation 9:11KJV

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

But you still haven’t answered the question.

If so then how can the beast also be the 7th and 8th kings?

I’m not sure why you can’t see the beast as being a demonic being influencing kingdoms and possessing their leaders like we see in Daniel chapter 10

Don’t forget that John said that a the beast was “now is not” and also “now is” as a king. He then goes to say that the beast is also the 8th king. Satan was never “now is not”

That’s because the beast is a demon who was locked in the abyss (now is not)and satan released him “now is”.

John also states that the beast was present during his day as the sixth king

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Marty I see scripture showing that the dragon/satan will inhabit the human body of (The Beast) who gives the human man his power and authority
It is true that the two beasts of Rev 12 are empowered by Satan, but given that Satan when depicted as a dragon with 7 heads has only 7 crowns to the first beasts 10, and the dragons crowns are on its heads whereas the first beasts crowns are on its horns, the intended meaning of the metaphors does not fit with the first beast being one man inhabited by Satan.

Furthermore, in Rev 17 John is shown the metaphorical whore of Babylon sitting on the metaphorical first beast, so the compatability of the first beast being one human person with all that constitutes the whore of Babylon riding him is not reasonable. Added to that we are told that the 7 heads of the beast are 7 mountains, meaning peaks of power as in empires or kingdoms over which emperors or kings reign. To jam all these metaphorical images into one human being is absurd.

Rev 17:3-5 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. (4) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: (5) And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:8-11 The beast that you saw was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (9) And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits. (10) And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space. (11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is true that the two beasts of Rev 12 are empowered by Satan, but given that Satan when depicted as a dragon with 7 heads has only 7 crowns to the first beasts 10, and the dragons crowns are on its heads whereas the first beasts crowns are on its horns, the intended meaning of the metaphors does not fit with the first beast being one man inhabited by Satan.

Furthermore, in Rev 17 John is shown the metaphorical whore of Babylon sitting on the metaphorical first beast, so the compatability of the first beast being one human person with all that constitutes the whore of Babylon riding him is not reasonable. Added to that we are told that the 7 heads of the beast are 7 mountains, meaning peaks of power as in empires or kingdoms over which emperors or kings reign. To jam all these metaphorical images into one human being is absurd.

Rev 17:3-5 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. (4) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: (5) And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:8-11 The beast that you saw was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (9) And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits. (10) And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space. (11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.

Well said thanks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you still haven’t answered the question.

If so then how can the beast also be the 7th and 8th kings?

I’m not sure why you can’t see the beast as being a demonic being influencing kingdoms and possessing their leaders like we see in Daniel chapter 10

Don’t forget that John said that a the beast was “now is not” and also “now is” as a king. He then goes to say that the beast is also the 8th king. Satan was never “now is not”

That’s because the beast is a demon who was locked in the abyss (now is not)and satan released him “now is”.

John also states that the beast was present during his day as the sixth king
Your claim (The Beast) is demon/spirit is false, Revelation 13:1 is the ",Beginning" of the narration on (The Beast),and it tells you "Directly" (A Beast Rise Up Out Of The Sea) "People" a human man, not a "spirit"

Then the entire scripture in revelation give this figure first personal pronouns He, His, Him, Himself, A Human Man

Then the "Continuation" goes into Chapter 17, and Revelation 17:16 identifies the exact same (The Beast) of Revelation 13:1 with (Ten Horns)

The scripture clearly tells you at the beginning of the narration, that (The Beast) rises out of the sea of people, humanity

Why do you disregard the very clear scripture, in favor of something not found, with your "spirit" Antichrist?

Yes I have clearly shown you, dont claim I haven answered your question.

Again, (The Beast) in Revelation Chapter 17, is exactly the same beast Identified in Revelation 13:1, a human man that rises out of the sea of "People" humanity, a Man

Revelation 13:1KJV
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:8-16KJV
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your claim (The Beast) is demon/spirit is false, Revelation 13:1 is the ",Beginning" of the narration on (The Beast),and it tells you "Directly" (A Beast Rise Out Of The Sea) "People" a human man, not a "spirit"

Then the "Continuation" goes into Chapter 17, and Revelation 17:16 identifies the exact same (The Beast) of Revelation 13:1

The scripture clearlytellsyouat the beginning if the narration, that the beast rises out of the sea of people, humanity

Why di you disregard the very clear scripture, in favor of something not found in your "spirit" Antichrist

Yes I have clearly shown you, dont claim I haven answered your question

Again, (The Beast)in Chapter 17, is exactlythe same beast Identified in Revelation 13:1, a human man that rises out ofthe sea of "People" humanity

Revelation 13:1KJV

Revelation 17:8-16KJV
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

But you haven’t answered it if so what is the answer I don’t know your answer?

Sorry I’m not trying to be difficult

It’s the beast kingdom and the leaders that he possesses that comes out of the sea or people

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you haven’t answered it if so what is the answer I don’t know your answer?

Sorry I’m not trying to be difficult

It’s the beast kingdom and the leaders that he possesses that comes out of the sea or people
We Will Disagree, Ran Around The Bush Several Times, The Horse Is Dead

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents the "Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes, The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(Jerusalem) is the whore, mystery Babylon the great.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

Revelation 17:9KJV

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

Revelation 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Matthew 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Yes we agree here Jerusalem is the whore Babylon the great only they killed both the prophets and the saints

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are only four verses in the entire bible that uses the word antichrist

1 John 2:18
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Many Christians believe that the antichrist will be the future evil world ruler of the book of Revelation who will rule the world during the end times but is that what the bible actually teaches?

Not so fast... you skipped a lot.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

KJV

Firstly, per Apostle Paul, we are to 'rightly divide' God's Word in Bible study (2 Timothy 2:15). He was pointing to Isaiah 28 with that, which shows God's way in study of His Word is line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little. So we have to break verses down, and this one reveals a lot more by doing so.

The Antichrist: First Phrase:
There are TWO antichrist subjects that John mentioned. The first one he mentioned (in red above) is in the singular tense, meaning a specific antichrist person...

"and as ye have heard" = means they had already heard before about this antichrist coming. That's HUGE!

Why do so many brethren MISS that revelation there by John? It means they already... understood that the Antichrist (singular, remember?) would come. When and where did they first hear of that????

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.

KJV

That... is where the early disciples and John had already heard about the coming of antichrist. It's about the coming of Satan; Christ's Book of Revelation reveals it too. Lord Jesus said that just prior to His being delivered up to be crucified. Yet He pointed to Satan's coming "Hereafter", when He would no longer talk much with His Apostles. That coming is also related to what He said here, which is for the very end when Satan and his angels are cast down to this earth for the tribulation at the end...

John 12:31
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
KJV

Many think that happened when Lord Jesus died on the cross. That casting out of the heavenly time is still not yet, but is for the very end of this world, after the coming war in Heaven per Revelation 12:7-9. What our Lord Jesus' crucifixion did was seal judgment upon Satan, and insure his casting out of the Heavenly so he cannot accuse us before God's Throne anymore (see Job and Revelation 12:7-13). This interpretation should be easy, since we also know that "judgment of this world" is still not yet, though it is indeed coming when our Lord Jesus returns.

The Many Antichrists: Second Phrase:
The second part of 1 John 2:18 is about the idea of the "many antichrists". John is giving them new info, the mystery that many antichrists, as servants of Satan, are already at work. This GOD actually revealed first through His OT prophets when speaking of the evil "workers of iniquity". In 2 Thessalonians 2, Apostle Paul revealed it as the "mystery of iniquity". In Christ's Olivet discourse, He revealed them as the 'many' that come in His name, saying they are Christ. I've heard of several just in my days that have claimed to be Jesus Christ, drawing followers after them.

So men's doctrines on this are designed to get you off... the target of the coming Antichrist, which will be Satan himself, coming to earth, with his angels, at the very end of this world. If you listen to men on this instead of God's Word as written, you'll wind up believing the antichrist is anything and everything BUT the very devil like God's Word points to.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In conclusion John teaches in the bible that the antichrist is not a future evil world leader but a deceiving spirit within many people...
False. Read Revelation 13 and substitute "the Antichrist" for "the Beast". So John in fact does reveal that there is a future evil world leader. He has many names and titles, so quibbling over the word "antichrist" will get you nowhere.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False. Read Revelation 13 and substitute "the Antichrist" for "the Beast". So John in fact does reveal that there is a future evil world leader. He has many names and titles, so quibbling over the word "antichrist" will get you nowhere.
The Beast is the image.

The FP is the one coming out of humanity as the result of human government appointing such a person via Satan's authority.

Satan is the entity coming out of the earth (the pit).

Satan is allowed to make a "robotic" image of the FP. It looks human. This is Satan's Adam. This unhuman messiah is Satan's claim to fame, the AC. Literally a second Adam, because Satan cannot evolve biological life. Following this Adam will net you the mark (curse) from God 666. It is an expiration date that removes these humans from the Lamb's book of life. They are passed the completion of Adam's 6 thousand year, 6 day, 6 hour labor enforcement policy.

"cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work."

"For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

The first 1000 years of God's creation belonged to God. The last 1000 years of current creation will belong to God. Adam's days were the 6000 years between the two Days of Adonai the Lord God. Adam's flesh and blood are coming to an end. Sin nature, Sin, and Satan are coming to an end of ruling over Adam's flesh.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Beast is the image.
How can the Beast be the image, when he actually controls the whole world for 42 months? More fantasy. The correct expression is "The Beast sets up an image in the temple at Jerusalem with the help of the False Prophet".

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can the Beast be the image, when he actually controls the whole world for 42 months? More fantasy. The correct expression is "The Beast sets up an image in the temple at Jerusalem with the help of the False Prophet".
Satan controls the world. The FP and beast are just puppets.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That’s my point you need to substitute the antichrist for the beast. Did you read my whole post? I do show the difference in their personality’s and purpose

John taught of a future beast from his time it doesn’t have to be from our time

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not so fast... you skipped a lot.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

KJV

Firstly, per Apostle Paul, we are to 'rightly divide' God's Word in Bible study (2 Timothy 2:15). He was pointing to Isaiah 28 with that, which shows God's way in study of His Word is line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little. So we have to break verses down, and this one reveals a lot more by doing so.

The Antichrist: First Phrase:
There are TWO antichrist subjects that John mentioned. The first one he mentioned (in red above) is in the singular tense, meaning a specific antichrist person...

"and as ye have heard" = means they had already heard before about this antichrist coming. That's HUGE!

Why do so many brethren MISS that revelation there by John? It means they already... understood that the Antichrist (singular, remember?) would come. When and where did they first hear of that????

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.

KJV

That... is where the early disciples and John had already heard about the coming of antichrist. It's about the coming of Satan; Christ's Book of Revelation reveals it too. Lord Jesus said that just prior to His being delivered up to be crucified. Yet He pointed to Satan's coming "Hereafter", when He would no longer talk much with His Apostles. That coming is also related to what He said here, which is for the very end when Satan and his angels are cast down to this earth for the tribulation at the end...

John 12:31
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
KJV

Many think that happened when Lord Jesus died on the cross. That casting out of the heavenly time is still not yet, but is for the very end of this world, after the coming war in Heaven per Revelation 12:7-9. What our Lord Jesus' crucifixion did was seal judgment upon Satan, and insure his casting out of the Heavenly so he cannot accuse us before God's Throne anymore (see Job and Revelation 12:7-13). This interpretation should be easy, since we also know that "judgment of this world" is still not yet, though it is indeed coming when our Lord Jesus returns.

The Many Antichrists: Second Phrase:
The second part of 1 John 2:18 is about the idea of the "many antichrists". John is giving them new info, the mystery that many antichrists, as servants of Satan, are already at work. This GOD actually revealed first through His OT prophets when speaking of the evil "workers of iniquity". In 2 Thessalonians 2, Apostle Paul revealed it as the "mystery of iniquity". In Christ's Olivet discourse, He revealed them as the 'many' that come in His name, saying they are Christ. I've heard of several just in my days that have claimed to be Jesus Christ, drawing followers after them.

So men's doctrines on this are designed to get you off... the target of the coming Antichrist, which will be Satan himself, coming to earth, with his angels, at the very end of this world. If you listen to men on this instead of God's Word as written, you'll wind up believing the antichrist is anything and everything BUT the very devil like God's Word points to.

John clearly teaches that the antichrist is a spirit which denies that Jesus is from God. John also Calls people antichrist because they have the antichrist in them. This description is not the description that John gives about the sea beast of revelation. Two different descriptions and two different demonic spirits the spirit of the antichrist is more like the land beast of revelation also known as the false prophet.

John was clearly talking about apostate Israel as the antichrist who had already came as Jesus clearly taught us that the Pharisees were the perfect description of the spirit of antichrist.

Why do you think that Jesus was talking about the far future when satan would be cast out of heaven when Jesus said “now is the judgement of this world now the prince of this world is cast out”?

Obviously the reason was the cross and resurrection

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John clearly teaches that the antichrist is a spirit which denies that Jesus is from God. John also Calls people antichrist because they have the antichrist in them. This description is not the description that John gives about the sea beast of revelation. Two different descriptions and two different demonic spirits the spirit of the antichrist is more like the land beast of revelation also known as the false prophet.

Yeah? Those of us in Christ Jesus are to have the Spirit of Christ in us too, but that doesn't mean Christ is 'only' Spirit like some cosmic force. Christ Jesus was born in the flesh through woman's womb and died on the cross, and His body was raised from the dead.

It's the occult fraternities that believe The Christ is a spiritual cosmic force only, and that anyone can attain it; some of them even say Jesus was one of them (i.e., just a man, a Gnostic). Likewise men's doctrines also wrongly teach that kind of view about the antichrist as a spiritual force only.

No, The Bible is specific that a false-Messiah is coming first to Jerusalem prior to Lord Jesus' return. And the term "antichrist" in the Greek means 'instead of Christ', or 'in place of Christ'. It is NOT a term to be treated in a standoffish way like you've been wrongly taught to do.