Who appreciates Christian hard rock?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you appreciate Christian hard rock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. As I said, you are judging things based on your predjudices and not God's standard. I am not sure what gave you the idea music you dislike is wrong or that music you like is right.

Your moral compass is pointed inward to you when it should be pointed upwards to God.
See John, these things you're stating are your conclusions about me....they are not mine.
What I am saying is, cacophony that masquerades as music is no more music than a ring with glass masquerading as a diamond or religious activity masquerading as worship.....or a false Christ masquerading as Jesus.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See John, these things you're stating are your conclusions about me....they are not mine.
What I am saying is, cacophony that masquerades as music is no more music than a ring with glass masquerading as a diamond or religious activity masquerading as worship.....or a false Christ masquerading as Jesus.
Perhaps. I was under the assumption we were speaking about Christian Rock music. I did not take the time to understand exactly what you were calling this cacophony.

To be fair, I do not find ancient Hebrew worship appealing.
But it's a cultural thing (I do like Demon Hunter)

So what noise or music are you talking about?

Reactions: BeyondET

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@John Caldwell I guess the genre of Christian rock was the original thought for the thread.........
Yea....I know thread topics drift. I may have been left behind. Kinda like the "new math". Guess I'm getting old. I should have asked earlier rather than assuming @quietthinker was speaking of a genres of music. Now I have no idea (which is normal for me).

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go back and forth on Christian rock and Christian Hip hop. I listen to some. But I wouldnt want to hear it in church.

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go back and forth on Christian rock and Christian Hip hop. I listen to some. But I wouldnt want to hear it in church.
My son likes Christian hip hop. I can listen to some but a lot of the Christian rap he listens to is too quick for my slow mind.

But he has benefitted from having music that he enjoys.