Who appreciates Christian hard rock?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you appreciate Christian hard rock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, actually the spirit they are operating in is more important than what they are saying. If they don't openly talks about the cross, the resurrection, the blood, repentance, sin. Don't say Jesus by name, giving you a "God loves you" but never tell you to repent is dangerous. But I love the way rock lyrics address things of pain, set back, calling out certain errors. I mean I just heard this some by barlow girl called "grey" calling out lukewarmness, some can be good. But if you look at interveiws about what they believe about Jesus it seems lacking. All of them seem to. These are questions I think should be asked when evaluating if this should be someone one should listen to or watch a thing. The Bible says we should test every spirit. So it's perfectly biblical to question everything.
@theeblackestblu Some excellent points there; thank-you!

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP is about hard rock. This is what is being addressed. Noise and confusion that masquerades as melody and praise ought be obvious as to the author.
To you. Art (and music) is in the eye of the beholder.

The problem is some will see what they discern as music as being worthy of praise while judging the servants of Another for appreciating a genre they can only discern as noise and confusion.

Thing is, worship music is about the one worshipping and God, not about you or me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thing is, worship music is about the one worshipping and God, not about you or me.
As is any error, not just music.
The prophets of Baal had worship formula's/practices/music which they considered right and proper in worshipping the God they considered the 'high' God.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As is any error, not just music.
The prophets of Baal had worship formula's/practices/music which they considered right and proper in worshipping the God they considered the 'high' God.
But who are you to determine what is and is not music. Most of us (Westerners) would not consider ancient Hebrew music to be music.

The problem is you are making your preferences the standard of worship, and that is wrong.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But who are you to determine what is and is not music. Most of us (Westerners) would not consider ancient Hebrew music to be music.

The problem is you are making your preferences the standard of worship, and that is wrong.
I see you include yourself when you use the word 'most' however, you do not speak for me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@John Caldwell ...If you feel it's in order to justify a cacophony and call it music, that is your choice. To me however, it speaks of the discordant mess that it is.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The whole rock n' roll thing which kicked off in the 1950's showed kids that they needn't be stuffy and boring like most adults, and there are similarities with Christianity..:)-
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18)
And a whole lotta shaking- "Believe in God, the demons also believe and tremble" (James 2:19)

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just glad some can set aside their prejudices to reach out to other people with the gospel. I have seen younger people reached with the gospel, grow in Christ, ect. through music that I personally do not enjoy. In the end it is not about me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lucifer, the former choirmaster of heaven knows all about the influence music has.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lucifer, the former choirmaster of heaven knows all about the influence music has.
Of course. He probably hates it the gospel is reaching a younger generation of people through Christian rock. He probably hated it when groups like the Gaithers (admidst the objection of many Christians) reached a generation. And he probably hated it when hymns were sung at the opposition of Christians who believed only the Psalms constituted worship music.

But the truth is that God also knows the influence of music. That is probably why He uses it in the work of His kingdom even as many Christians object.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course. He probably hates it the gospel is reaching a younger generation of people through Christian rock. He probably hated it when groups like the Gaithers (admidst the objection of many Christians) reached a generation. And he probably hated it when hymns were sung at the opposition of Christians who believed only the Psalms constituted worship music.

But the truth is that God also knows the influence of music. That is probably why He uses it in the work of His kingdom even as many Christians object.
soooo, we have permission to party in the sh.t because after all, there are nutrients in it......maggots survive and multiply don't they?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
soooo, we have permission to party in the sh.t because after all, there are nutrients in it......maggots survive and multiply don't they?
Not at all. YOU are the one calling music that you do not like obscene. But that does not make it so.

You assume that music you do not like is something Satan likes, even though that music is reaching others with the gospel of Christ.

You are allowing your prejudices influence you to oppose God. The Jews did this as well. They accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan. You ate accusing Christians of sharing the gospel via the power of Satan. No difference.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not at all. YOU are the one calling music that you do not like obscene. But that does not make it so.

You assume that music you do not like is something Satan likes, even though that music is reaching others with the gospel of Christ.

You are allowing your prejudices influence you to oppose God. The Jews did this as well. They accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan. You ate accusing Christians of sharing the gospel via the power of Satan. No difference.
'let us do evil that good may come, as some say'.....Paul

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'let us do evil that good may come, as some say'.....Paul
No, don't do evil. You are confusing people listening to genres of music you do not like as doing evil.

But evil is against God, NOT against you.

If I do not like traditional hymns because they do not sound like music to me then does that make hymns evil? In your mind, yes. But you are wrong.

The mistake you make is thinking worship is about you rather than about God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, don't do evil. You are confusing people listening to genres of music you do not like as doing evil.

But evil is against God, NOT against you.

If I do not like traditional hymns because they do not sound like music to me then does that make hymns evil? In your mind, yes. But you are wrong.

The mistake you make is thinking worship is about you rather than about God.
....and what is the mistake you make?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....and what is the mistake you make?
I have not made a mistake.

It is wrong to judge servants of Another. Ot is wrong to demand other people submit to our preferences. It is wrong to measure right and wro by our personal predjudices..

No mistake on my end. You are simply wrong.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have not made a mistake.

It is wrong to judge servants of Another. Ot is wrong to demand other people submit to our preferences. It is wrong to measure right and wro by our personal predjudices..

No mistake on my end. You are simply wrong.
so right and wrong become relative?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so right and wrong become relative?
No. As I said, you are judging things based on your predjudices and not God's standard. I am not sure what gave you the idea music you dislike is wrong or that music you like is right.

Your moral compass is pointed inward to you when it should be pointed upwards to God.