Loss = vessels of shame. Outer darkness. Saved yet examples of dishonour.Good works = rewards, bad works = loss yet remain saved - as if by fire
Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.
You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Loss = vessels of shame. Outer darkness. Saved yet examples of dishonour.Good works = rewards, bad works = loss yet remain saved - as if by fire
Loss = vessels of shame. Outer darkness. Saved yet examples of dishonour.
It seems the most informative way that a person is saved by the words of Christ, as written inOh Episkopos, you are dividing what God has joined together!
Indeed, God has and is dividing the light from the darkness, but both "mercy and truth" are of the Light. So, what you have assembled is off in the weeds of many speculation doctrines.
That difference or duality that you are basing it all on, to the contrary, is not two forms of salvation, but is the defining points between the first and last resurrection. Which many do not fully understand, if at all. The first resurrection is not some distant future wave of special resurrection--but is resurrection life given--since Pentecost--to those who are "faithful in a very little, have authority over" much more during this present reign of Christ who has "been given all authority...in heaven and earth" during these times of the church among the gentiles.
Jesus also referred to this difference in a warning to those who "believe" and thus assume they are "saved", but are not serving "truth" after receiving "salvation." In which case, He said He "will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth"). Which cuts them out of the full measure of the first resurrection--worse than for the "evil servant" who buried the one talent given to him. Thus, "weeping and gnashing of teeth."
So...unless one's otherwise fine job is in perfect alignment--without speculations, or thinking, or teachings of men--they get "cut."
Which, yes, would all seem to agree with no doctrine. But that is where we are at--and it's not the first time--just look to the past, this is a repeat by the church among the gentiles.
So who are the saved? Who is walking in the salvation of God at the present time, and who will inherit life in the next age? These two considerations are usually confused or jumbled to be one thing. All the ways of God are BOTH mercy and truth. The word of God is like a DOUBLE edged sword. In this episode we explore the distinction between inheriting life according to mercy in the next age and inheriting life according to glory.
No, you have effectively closed the door at Christ's knocking ("Behold I stand at the door and knock..."). Which speaks of those born again of the spirit of God, the first resurrection, in whom it is no longer they/we who live but Christ.It seems the most informative way that a person is saved by the words of Christ, as written in
Scripture, is, to work out our Salvation in fear and trembling, to attain the inward changes
Christ demands, while without following a
List a instructions to study, since it cannot
Be something in which needs to be recognized as how to gain with our minds, rather, in penance so that our new life is only lived in
The spirit of truth, so the question ppl commonly ask, of, “ are we saved”, or how can we know, the answer is, At Judgement, and
Not before, so when you hear ppl say “ we are saved”, you know they can only have judged
Themselves, and they want to believe their
Own assessment.
To that Jesus says, “ to the humble I will
Give Grace”, but to the Proud, “ I Despise”.
This is so true. I think the pearl of great price is not so much something so large and seemingly costly....but small we overlook UNTIL we see its value. It takes time to put the same value on something that God does.I watched the video just now. I can't wait to chat with my husband about the distinction you pointed out between righteous and Saints.
When I first got saved, all I wanted was to do good to others. Worldiness dampened this in me as well as very many lukewarm "Christian sayings".
Oh, why did I not keep my initial zeal for the Lord? I would have arrived to where Im at now sooner.
But in earnestly pursuing the obedience and fear of God and putting off sin, my husband and I have been greatly blessed.
There's so many "Christian sayings" that are myths but they can greatly diminish the purity of your walk.
Very true and welcome to the forum! :) <><It seems the most informative way that a person is saved by the words of Christ, as written in
Scripture, is, to work out our Salvation in fear and trembling, to attain the inward changes
Christ demands, while without following a
List a instructions to study, since it cannot
Be something in which needs to be recognized as how to gain with our minds, rather, in penance so that our new life is only lived in
The spirit of truth, so the question ppl commonly ask, of, “ are we saved”, or how can we know, the answer is, At Judgement, and
Not before, so when you hear ppl say “ we are saved”, you know they can only have judged
Themselves, and they want to believe their
Own assessment.
To that Jesus says, “ to the humble I will
Give Grace”, but to the Proud, “ I Despise”.
The Once Saved Always Saved falsehood and its surrounding doctrine were especially harmful to me in my walk before. Whenever I felt guilty about the sins mopping the floor up with me, the advice was, "Just rest in the finished work of the cross." Aka, you're Saved, so dont worry about it.There's so many "Christian sayings" that are myths but they can greatly diminish the purity of your walk.
You have a way with words. You sound right, even when you're wrong.You don't want to be subjected to reality whereby the fear of the Lord becomes wisdom. You want an easy gospel where everything makes you drowsy and sleepy. You have a "do not disturb" sign on the doorpost of your heart.
But it's better to be disturbed from your spiritual slumber now, so you don;t awaken when its too late.
1 John 3:1-3 KJVThe Once Saved Always Saved falsehood and its surrounding doctrine were especially harmful to me in my walk before. Whenever I felt guilty about the sins mopping the floor up with me, the advice was, "Just rest in the finished work of the cross." Aka, you're Saved, so dont worry about it.
In this place, our certainty that we will in fact become like Him when we see Him, this is what leads us to purifying ourselves, which is what we want, isn't that right?
Hope and certainty aren't the same thing. One is about what's possible. The other is just an expectation.Knowing this is real, knowing this is permanent, this knowing, expectation, this hope, everyone who has this purifies themself. These two things are inextricably linked in this passage.
You are doing everything right...but still you are not fully understanding. Converting the flesh into would-be righteousness is not the task at hand. The gospel of Christ Jesus is to be a completely new and different spirit body creation born of the spirit of God--not a whitewash of the flesh. Yes, we are to take our old flesh bodies under subjection of our new spirit body--but the two are completely different bodies.The Once Saved Always Saved falsehood and its surrounding doctrine were especially harmful to me in my walk before. Whenever I felt guilty about the sins mopping the floor up with me, the advice was, "Just rest in the finished work of the cross." Aka, you're Saved, so dont worry about it.
I continued to be in a cycle of guilt, "rest, sin, guilt for years. Thankfully I started reading Scripture for myself.
I just knew Id find a lot of verses about resting in that finished work on the cross and never being able to lose salvation ...
I was so wrong.
Instead I felt so upset at all the pastors and speakers who never taught me that God expects obedience, righteousness, and to go on to perfection. I could have been purifying myself this whole time not "resting".
Have I experienced a supernatural period of time where Im sinless? No. But I look for the way out of temptation that Scripture promises. I transform my mind with the Word. I make no provision for the flesh.
Im walking so much better since I rejected mainstream teachings on grace and what Jesus came to do.
Jesus died to get rid of sin in us, not just to be good so we don't have to be.
Yeah, if you turn sin into some kind of default state and move the goalpost, it seems like its impossible to stop sinning. But the Bible is right. Its possible to be righteous in Christ. Its victory over being a slave to sin and being a slave to righteousness. Do something good. Then the next. Keep doing it.
It's not that I think you have to just whitewash the flesh. Im just seeking to do what Scripture says instead of thinking that its impossible to even do. If it says make no provision for the flesh, that's what I do. I'm not sure if Im missing what you're saying.You are doing everything right...but still you are not fully understanding. Converting the flesh into would-be righteousness is not the task at hand. The gospel of Christ Jesus is to be a completely new and different spirit body creation born of the spirit of God--not a whitewash of the flesh. Yes, we are to take our old flesh bodies under subjection of our new spirit body--but the two are completely different bodies.
The struggle that you describe is what Paul also struggled--but He taught as Jesus did, of two different bodies: one that still sins if we are weak and dies, and the other that will never die. This was and is a new existence never before experienced by mankind--that is, sharing the same space with our old body of sin while having a new spirit body within us that knows better and wants nothing to do with sin. "For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?" But it is in that state that God has entrusted the building of His church--"in weakness."
In other words, to try to transform the flesh into being "perfect"--is not at all the plan of God. On the contrary--He has determined to put it to death physically, and literally--and save our souls by the greater works of the spirit...which is what we are to be found doing--not playing dress-up with sin. That is just another form of Law--which saves not. But no, we are to take our flesh bodies under subjection of our new spirit bodies, and reign with Christ in the service of building His church throughout our generations, unto the end. It is for this reason we are told to "endure."
So then...the idea of Once Saved, Always Saved, is not allowing sin to continue, but is the Spirit saying, "I do" to Christ--and "I AM."
Good point!Every man that has this hope - Biblical "hope" is the expectation of what will come based on our faith.
The Law taught that it was impossible.It's not that I think you have to just whitewash the flesh. Im just seeking to do what Scripture says instead of thinking that its impossible to even do. If it says make no provision for the flesh, that's what I do. I'm not sure if Im missing what you're saying.
Are you saying being a new creation in Christ means we won't struggle with sin? I'd agree except I still think it's possible to put the dead flesh back on and sin. That's why we're to avoid tempting scenarios.
I would suggest you do a word study on the word used there, and it's related words.Hope and certainty aren't the same thing. One is about what's possible. The other is just an expectation.
If you are His child is a conditional statement. You also have to endure to the end. It's not automatic.If you are His child now, this will happen.
The same word is used here:Hope and certainty aren't the same thing. One is about what's possible. The other is just an expectation.
That was my statement. Here is John's:If you are His child is a conditional statement. You also have to endure to the end. It's not automatic.
Jesus said we had to endure to the end.You've added "if we endure to the end", however, that's not included in these statements. If you add it, you are doing just that, adding it.