Who are you LORD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Being new to the board, and being thankful for the participation of it members and trying to determine the interest, I thought that I might share something that I have been working on for some time.

One of the most awesome questions that I come across in the Biblical narrative is, "who are you LORD"! (Acts 9:5)

I have come to know "WHAT" the LORD is, (His Quidditas; "Whatness" John 4:24), but do I really know "WHO" the LORD really is?

Who and what is "LOGOS"? (John 1:1); En archeé eén ho Lógos kaí ho Lógos eén prós tón Theón kaí theós eén ho Lógos

Where is The "LOGOS" now?

In (John 10:38; 14:10,& 20; 17:23; Colossians 1:19, & 2:9 in context), what is the meaning of:
  • Christ being in the Father and the Father in Him.
  • Christ being in us and us being in Him.
  • Therefore we are in the Father.
  • The Father being in us.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Being new to the board, and being thankful for the participation of it members and trying to determine the interest, I thought that I might share something that I have been working on for some time.

One of the most awesome questions that I come across in the Biblical narrative is, "who are you LORD"! (Acts 9:5)

I have come to know "WHAT" the LORD is, (His Quidditas; "Whatness" John 4:24), but do I really know "WHO" the LORD really is?

Who and what is "LOGOS"? (John 1:1); En archeé eén ho Lógos kaí ho Lógos eén prós tón Theón kaí theós eén ho Lógos

Where is The "LOGOS" now?

In (John 10:38; 14:10,& 20; 17:23; Colossians 1:19, & 2:9 in context), what is the meaning of:
  • Christ being in the Father and the Father in Him.
  • Christ being in us and us being in Him.
  • Therefore we are in the Father.
  • The Father being in us.

Jesus personally told me he is God.

One night while my wife and I were praying, Jesus told us that my wifeand I would be one, and then we would be one with him, and then we would be onewith the Father.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Jesus personally told me he is God.

One night while my wife and I were praying, Jesus told us that my wifeand I would be one, and then we would be one with him, and then we would be onewith the Father.

I understand your 2nd statement.

However, about your 1st statement:

When Jesus spoke to you, regarding who He was, what did He say exactly?

Did He say, exactly, "I am God"?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I understand your 2nd statement.

However, about your 1st statement:

When Jesus spoke to you, regarding who He was, what did He say exactly?

Did He say, exactly, "I am God"?

You asked, but in order for you tounderstand how it came about that Jesus told me he is God, it will help if Iexplained the circumstances.

I had just lost my job. We, the family, had no money, and no helpcoming in from the government. Rent wasdue, as were the unities. I had a wife and four babies to feed, and no money.

My wife was taking our situation veryhard, so I go up and put my hands on her. I asked Jesus to touch her, meaning to help her emotionally. After I finished the prayer Jesus walked inmy back door. He walked into my livingroom and right by my wife. As he walkedby her foot jumped up off the footstool. Jesus sat down on our couch, and stayed there for about a halfhour. During that time I was begginghim to tell me what to do about taking care of my family. He never said a word. After he left I went back to my bedroom andpleaded some more with him. Then hesaid: “Bob! I am God.” Then I was giventhe thought of when the disciples were in the boat that they thought was aboutto sink. Jesus said you men of littlefaith.

I had to walk thirty years of Jesusteaching me, and all the lessons were not easy.

By the way I later asked my wife why her foot jumped, and she said thatit felt as if someone had touched her. She had not felt the presence of Jesus.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
You asked, but in order for you tounderstand how it came about that Jesus told me he is God, it will help if Iexplained the circumstances.
Then hesaid: “Bob! I am God.” Then I was giventhe thought of when the disciples were in the boat that they thought was aboutto sink. Jesus said you men of littlefaith.
I had to walk thirty years of Jesusteaching me, and all the lessons were not easy.
By the way I later asked my wife why her foot jumped, and she said thatit felt as if someone had touched her. She had not felt the presence of Jesus.

I appreciate your testimony very much and have see & heard similar ones.

Perhaps you won't be able to address the context of my question but I will try to explain the reason for my asking.

In the study of "WHO" God is, the present position of Jesus is very important in view of John 1:1 and Mark 16:19.

I assume that you did not understand Jesus to be saying that He is The Father but that He and the Father are one, is that correct?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

I appreciate your testimony very much and have see & heard similar ones.

Perhaps you won't be able to address the context of my question but I will try to explain the reason for my asking.

In the study of "WHO" God is, the present position of Jesus is very important in view of John 1:1 and Mark 16:19.

I assume that you did not understand Jesus to be saying that He is The Father but that He and the Father are one, is that correct?

Jesus never told me he was the Father. Jesus told me he was God and one with the Father.

Something else Jesus told me years earlier. He told me to stop trying to figure him out, and just follow him.

Man’s mind is never going to understand God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something else Jesus told me years earlier. He told me to stop trying to figure him out, and just follow Him

He told me the same thing a few years ago.

Lovely testimony

In His Love

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Jesus never told me he was the Father. Jesus told me he was God and one with the Father.
Something else Jesus told me years earlier. He told me to stop trying to figure him out, and just follow him.
Man’s mind is never going to understand God.

One with the Father; yes I would agree.

For some of us, trying to figure God and Jesus out, is a way we worship. As we explore His Word(s,) we can come to know Him, as the writer of the 119 Psalm testifies.

It is true, man can never fully know God, however, I think, He likes it when we try.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
One with the Father; yes I would agree.

For some of us, trying to figure God and Jesus out, is a way we worship. As we explore His Word(s,) we can come to know Him, as the writer of the 119 Psalm testifies.

It is true, man can never fully know God, however, I think, He likes it when we try.

From what Jesus told me you are wrong, he does not like it when one tries to come to know him with his or her minds. Besides it can’t be done. Paul told us that.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us. Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men. As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’ But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
From what Jesus told me you are wrong, he does not like it when one tries to come to know him with his or her minds. Besides it can’t be done.

Let's take a look at the context of 1 Corinthians 2:9-16:

"... as it is written:"No eye has seen,no ear has heard,no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"- but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit.The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing Spiritual truths in Spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

Paul said: "Yet when I am among mature Christians I do speak with words of great wisdom, but not the kind that comes from here on earth, and not the kind that appeals to the great men of this world, who are doomed to fall." "Our words are wise because they are from God, telling of God's wise plan to bring us into the glories of heaven. This plan was hidden in former times, though it was made for our benefit before the world began. But the great men of the world have not understood it; if they had, they never would have crucified the Lord of Glory. That is what is meant by the Scriptures which say that no mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord. But we know about these things because God has sent his Spirit to tell us, and his Spirit searches out and shows us all of God's deepest secrets. No one can really know what anyone else is thinking or what he is really like except that person himself. And no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And God has actually given us His Spirit (not the world's spirit) to tell us about the wonderful free gifts of grace and blessing that God has given us. In telling you about these gifts we have even used the very words given to us by the Holy Spirit, not words that we as men might choose. So we use the Holy Spirit's words to explain the Holy Spirit's facts. But the man who isn't a Christian can't understand and can't accept these thoughts from God, which the Holy Spirit teaches us. They sound foolish to him because only those who have the Holy Spirit within them can understand what the Holy Spirit means. Others just can't take it in. But the spiritual man has insight into everything, and that bothers and baffles the man of the world, who can't understand him at all. How could he? For certainly he has never been one to know the Lord's thoughts, or to discuss them with him, or to move the hands of God by prayer. But, strange as it seems, we Christians actually do have within us a portion of the very thoughts and mind of Christ." TLV

The TLV, in this case, follows the Nestle Greek Text very closely.

I would consider other references that you might have.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Are you implying that Jesus isn't God?

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Let's take a look at the context of 1 Corinthians 2:9-16:

"... as it is written:"No eye has seen,no ear has heard,no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"- but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit.The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing Spiritual truths in Spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

Paul said: "Yet when I am among mature Christians I do speak with words of great wisdom, but not the kind that comes from here on earth, and not the kind that appeals to the great men of this world, who are doomed to fall." "Our words are wise because they are from God, telling of God's wise plan to bring us into the glories of heaven. This plan was hidden in former times, though it was made for our benefit before the world began. But the great men of the world have not understood it; if they had, they never would have crucified the Lord of Glory. That is what is meant by the Scriptures which say that no mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord. But we know about these things because God has sent his Spirit to tell us, and his Spirit searches out and shows us all of God's deepest secrets. No one can really know what anyone else is thinking or what he is really like except that person himself. And no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And God has actually given us His Spirit (not the world's spirit) to tell us about the wonderful free gifts of grace and blessing that God has given us. In telling you about these gifts we have even used the very words given to us by the Holy Spirit, not words that we as men might choose. So we use the Holy Spirit's words to explain the Holy Spirit's facts. But the man who isn't a Christian can't understand and can't accept these thoughts from God, which the Holy Spirit teaches us. They sound foolish to him because only those who have the Holy Spirit within them can understand what the Holy Spirit means. Others just can't take it in. But the spiritual man has insight into everything, and that bothers and baffles the man of the world, who can't understand him at all. How could he? For certainly he has never been one to know the Lord's thoughts, or to discuss them with him, or to move the hands of God by prayer. But, strange as it seems, we Christians actually do have within us a portion of the very thoughts and mind of Christ." TLV

The TLV, in this case, follows the Nestle Greek Text very closely.

I would consider other references that you might have.

A lot of words, but I ask you something do youstill deliberately commit sin?

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Are you implying that Jesus isn't God?

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

I believe all that the LORD had given the Apostle John, to give to us:

As to your question regarding John 1:1:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word."

"En archeé eén ho Lógos kaí ho Lógos eén prós tón Theón kaí theós eén ho Lógos"

I believe what John was given to say, that; "theós eén ho Lógos"

Theos, (NT:2316), is used of whatever can in any respect be likened to God, or resembles Him in any way: John 10:34 f, (a note from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, Electronic Database. Copyright © 2000 by Biblesoft).

Once again, we incur some difficulty, with some terms, when translating Hebrew or Greek to English.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I believe all that the LORD had given the Apostle John, to give to us:

As to your question regarding John 1:1:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word."

"En archeé eén ho Lógos kaí ho Lógos eén prós tón Theón kaí theós eén ho Lógos"

I believe what John was given to say, that; "
theós eén ho Lógos"

Theos, (NT:2316), is used of whatever can in any respect be likened to God, or resembles Him in any way: John 10:34 f, (a note from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, Electronic Database. Copyright © 2000 by Biblesoft).

Once again, we incur some difficulty, with some terms, when translating Hebrew or Greek to English.

Is that a yes or a no? "Are you implying that Jesus isn't God?"

Colossians 1:16 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]For BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Is that a yes or a no? "Are you implying that Jesus isn't God?"
Yes, I believe that:
1- Jesus Christ is Word, (Logos), incarnate
2- The Word, (Logos), is Theos, (in its entire meaning).

Therefore, [font="tahoma]"[b]theós [/b]eén ho Lógos" [/font][/color]The divine attributes are likewise indicated and definitely predicated of Jesus Christ.[/size]

[size="2"]The difficulty in just saying that Jesus Christ is God is two fold.

1. Jesus never said it.
2. It has caused much confusion as to whether or not Jesus is God the Father, (where the capitol "G" always indicates the God Father), and this confusion has spawned things like the heretical "Jesus only movement".

Yes, "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form". Col 2:9

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes, I believe that:
1- Jesus Christ is Word, (Logos), incarnate
2- The Word, (Logos), is Theos, (in its entire meaning).

Therefore, [font="tahoma]"[b]theós [/b]eén ho Lógos" [/font][/color]The divine attributes are likewise indicated and definitely predicated of Jesus Christ.[/size] [/quote]
[size="3"]Every English translation I know of says the Word was God and the Word became flesh, except the JW's NWT.
The difficulty in just saying that Jesus Christ is God is two fold.
1. Jesus never said it.
Jesus had perfect opportunity to deny that He was/is God. He didn't. Jesus taught Thomas for years. Thomas knew who Jesus was.

John 20:28-29 (NKJV)
[sup]28 [/sup]And Thomas answered and said to Him, "MY LORD AND MY GOD!" [sup]29 [/sup]Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
2. It has caused much confusion as to whether or not Jesus is God the Father, (where the capitol "G" always indicates the God Father), and this confusion has spawned things like the heretical "Jesus only movement".
I didn't say that Jesus is the Father. But then Jesus said,

John 14:9 (NKJV)

[sup]9 [/sup]Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Yes, "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form". Col 2:9
Jesus was sinless. Only God is sinless.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Every English translation I know of says the Word was God and the Word became flesh, except the JW's NWT.

Jesus had perfect opportunity to deny that He was/is God. He didn't. Jesus taught Thomas for years. Thomas knew who Jesus was.

[sup]28 [/sup]And Thomas answered and said to Him, "MY LORD AND MY GOD!" [sup]29 [/sup]Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

I didn't say that Jesus is the Father. But then Jesus said,

John 14:9 (NKJV)

[sup]9 [/sup]Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Jesus was sinless. Only God is sinless.

I agree with all you have said, with the exception of point # 1. As there are over 125 differing English Translations of the new Testament and I haven't had a chance to look at all of them as of yet.

And we cannot forget the other language translations such as the Greek, Latin, Spanish and so on.

[font="Arial]Incidentally[/font], I am not a fan of the NWT

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ

This verse is a great example of what I have been speaking about:

In John 20:28, Thomas didn't say "MY LORD AND MY GOD!", he said, "Ho Kúriós mou kaí ho Theós mou", or perhaps he was speaking Aramaic, Jesus' mother tongue.

Regardless, Thomas knew full well that, in Christ all the fullness of Divinity lives in bodily form". Col 2:9

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

This verse is a great example of what I have been speaking about:

In John 20:28, Thomas didn't say "MY LORD AND MY GOD!", he said, "Ho Kúriós mou kaí ho Theós mou", or perhaps he was speaking Aramaic, Jesus' mother tongue.

Regardless, Thomas knew full well that, in Christ all the fullness of Divinity lives in bodily form". Col 2:9

(John 14:9-10) “Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even afterI have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen theFather. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in theFather, and that the Father is in me?”

Jesus personally told me he isGod. Jesus also told me the all honorand glory, belongs to him.

I can’t believe that someone who does not recognize Jesus as God can be filled with the Holy Spirit.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
(John 14:9-10) “Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even afterI have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen theFather. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in theFather, and that the Father is in me?”
Jesus personally told me he isGod. Jesus also told me the all honorand glory, belongs to him.

I can’t believe that someone who does not recognize Jesus as God can be filled with the Holy Spirit.
I guess I really don't know how to respond to this, I am simply using the original language to show that all the fullness of the Father dwell in Christ.

I use the Greek term Theos which when translated into English is (God), You choose to use the English word God; I believe we both know what it means.

Theos is Greek but has a definite definition, Where the English word God, (with a capitol "G"), always refers to the Father.

I find it quite interesting that in the whole of the New Testament Jesus never said, "I am God".

Mark 14:36; "Abba, Father," Jesus said, "everything is possible for you..."