Who are you LORD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I guess I really don't know how to respond to this, I am simply using the original language to show that all the fullness of the Father dwell in Christ.

I use the Greek term Theos which when translated into English is (God), You choose to use the English word God; I believe we both know what it means.

Theos is Greek but has a definite definition, Where the English word God, (with a capitol "G"), always refers to the Father.

I find it quite interesting that in the whole of the New Testament Jesus never said, "I am God".

Mark 14:36; "Abba, Father," Jesus said, "everything is possible for you..."

I believe you are trying to use your mind to understand God. What a waste of time.

I most likely would have done what you are doing, after Jesus called me into his ministry, but when I asked him what seminary to attend Jesus told me: “NO! Don’t read about me. I will teach you about me.”

Can’t you accept that the Holy Spirit has man translate the bible from one language to the other just the way he wanted us to read it? The Holy Spirit had man put the writings he wanted into the bible, so it is reasonable that the Holy Spirit has kept control over what the bible says.

Jesus personally told me the Christian bible was his written Word. What is surprising about that is at the time I was reading the Jerusalem Bible. That version is supposed to be a weak translation.

I am one to witness that Jesus/Holy Spirit is the very best teacher about God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

This verse is a great example of what I have been speaking about:

In John 20:28, Thomas didn't say "MY LORD AND MY GOD!", he said, "Ho Kúriós mou kaí ho Theós mou", or perhaps he was speaking Aramaic, Jesus' mother tongue.

Regardless, Thomas knew full well that, in Christ all the fullness of Divinity lives in bodily form". Col 2:9
It's clear that you are trying to re-write God's Word. I just checked KJV, GW, ASV, BBE, ESV, NASB, NIV, NKJV, RSV and Wesley, and they all say "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
It's clear that you are trying to re-write God's Word. I just checked KJV, GW, ASV, BBE, ESV, NASB, NIV, NKJV, RSV and Wesley, and they all say "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

Yes, they do, they are all English Translations of the Greek.

The question was why did the Translators choose "Lord", (which is correct for Kúriós in Greek) and "God" which is not the definition of the Greek term Theós?

A look at other Translations and looking at the definitions of the terms.

Spanish Translations: Entonces Tomás respondió, y díjole: ¡Señor mío, y Dios mío!

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
kai apekriqh o qwmaV kai eipen autw o kurioV mou kai o qeoV mou

Scrivener 1894 Textus Receptus

Byzantine Majority
kai apekriqh qwmaV kai eipen autw o kurioV mou kai o qeoV mou

Alexandrian
apekriqh qwmaV kai eipen autw o kurioV mou kai o qeoV mou

Hort and Westcott

Latin Vulgate
respondit Thomas et dixit ei Dominus meus et Deus meus

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
It appears that I am causing too much of a disturbance in this Forum as the Board has said,

"This forum is a little different from others in that it tries very hard to be a place of Truth and of scholarly wisdom because our Father, YHVH (Yahveh),
has so much to offer us through His Word and His love (John 3:15-16)."

I will either move this question to the Debate Forum or no longer continue with this discussion at present.

My sincerest appologies if the question or content for this forum has been, in any way inappropriate.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Yes, they do, they are all English Translations of the Greek.
The question was why did the Translators choose "Lord", (which is correct for Kúriós in Greek) and "God" which is not the definition of the Greek term Theós?

A look at other Translations and looking at the definitions of the terms.

Spanish Translations
: Entonces Tomás respondió, y díjole: ¡Señor mío, y Dios mío!

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus

Scrivener 1894 Textus Receptus

Byzantine Majority
kai apekriqh qwmaV kai eipen autw o kurioV mou kai o qeoV mou

Alexandrian

Hort and Westcott

Latin Vulgate
respondit Thomas et dixit ei Dominus meus et Deus meus

All those translators are wrong and you are right? Sorry, no soap.