Who Do I Confess My Sins To?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane,

Well, you don’t have to repeat any conversations. And trust me I don’t want to do that either. I just want to be a disciple of Christ.

Surely, after 2,000 years of Christian men studying the bible someone has come up with a list that sets forth the criteria of what it takes to be a disciple of Christ. How did you figure out what it takes?

Is there an instruction booklet? Like a catechism? Not the catholic one...but one I don’t know about.

Mary
Mary, it's ALWAYS the same conversation with you. I'm not interested in it.

if you are truly concerned with being a disciple of Christ, quit looking to men to follow. Mentally get in just a room with you and Him, and you talk to your Father.

I know you won't. I know that you won't understand and will instead look for another middle man. It's ALWAYS the same conversation with you.

I can't figure out a way to be polite with you for the millionth re-run here. So I'm just going to decline.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, it's ALWAYS the same conversation with you. I'm not interested in it.

if you are truly concerned with being a disciple of Christ, quit looking to men to follow. Mentally get in just a room with you and Him, and you talk to your Father.

I know you won't. I know that you won't understand and will instead look for another middle man. It's ALWAYS the same conversation with you.

I can't figure out a way to be polite with you for the millionth re-run here. So I'm just going to decline.
OK.....I think I understand now.

Read the Bible.....Talk to God....read the Bible...talk to God....read the Bible...talk to God....I am now a ‘disciple of Christ’.

That was easy......Thank you for your advise.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever tried reading the Bible TO God, and listening to His comments about your particular (usually, esoteric) rendering of the words? (This is addressed to anyone who cares to answer.)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so which points do you disagree with?

The post that you replied to was a point made to Candidus about the correct name for the Catholic Church

I don't see the relevance of your response to that.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Re-writing history does not make it true! The Roman Catholic Church goes back to Constantine, not the Apostles!

You have no more legitimate claim to Apostolic Succession than a Mormonism has for Restoring the Gospel.
I didn't claim this fictional Roman Catholic Church goes back to the apostles.

I claimed the Catholic Church goes back to the apostles

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He built His church on revelation, which is what that was and is all about, but obviously you have none, but you follow men and there doctrines, your choosing not His.

So now you admit that Jesus did build a Church.
Thank you.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't claim this fictional Roman Catholic Church goes back to the apostles.

I claimed the Catholic Church goes back to the apostles

And I claimed that the existential religion that has only existed from the days of Constantine is not the same thing as the "Catholic Church" (meaning the "Church Universal") as founded by Christ in the Early Apostolic Church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So now you admit that Jesus did build a Church.
Thank you.
Is that all you have, Mungo, nothing. You have no understanding blinded by the lies of your religion, rather believe the lies than the truth. Blind and you have nothing, take away your religion, and there is nothing,

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And I claimed that the existential religion that has only existed from the days of Constantine is not the same thing as the "Catholic Church" (meaning the "Church Universal") as founded by Christ in the Early Apostolic Church.

And what is your evidence for that?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is that all you have, Mungo, nothing. You have no understanding blinded by the lies of your religion, rather believe the lies than the truth. Blind and you have nothing, take away your religion, and there is nothing,

Religion:
Religion is belief in a god or gods and the activities that are connected with this belief, such as praying or worshipping in a building such as a church or temple
(Collins Dictionary)

Yes, that is what I do - pray and worship God, sometimes alone, sometims with others.

Do you not do that?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is your evidence for that?

I will not waste my time to dignify this with an answer. It would be researching and writing all known history of the first three centuries, which would be writing a book to defeat Roman Catholic propaganda. I would no more go through countless hours to compile such evidence, than I would spend such time and effort to prove to my child that Santa Claus does not exist!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will not waste my time to dignify this with an answer. It would be researching and writing all known history of the first three centuries, which would be writing a book to defeat Roman Catholic propaganda. I would no more go through countless hours to compile such evidence, than I would spend such time and effort to prove to my child that Santa Claus does not exist!

In other words - you have none.
It's just anti-Catholic propaganda

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The post that you replied to was a point made to Candidus about the correct name for the Catholic Church

I don't see the relevance of your response to that.
I wasn't commenting on your & Candidus discussion about the name of a physical insitution.

I was responding to the statements that Christ founded the Catholic Church ~33 AD, that non-Catholics don't believe Christ, and that non-Catholics attend a Church founded by somebody else at some later date.

Everything Good about the Catholic Church (and every other Christian church) wasn't founded by Christ ~33 AD, rather it predates that and even the creation of this earth.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't commenting on your & Candidus discussion about the name of a physical insitution.

I was responding to the statements that Christ founded the Catholic Church ~33 AD, that non-Catholics don't believe Christ, and that non-Catholics attend a Church founded by somebody else at some later date.

Everything Good about the Catholic Church (and every other Christian church) wasn't founded by Christ ~33 AD, rather it predates that and even the creation of this earth.

Oh right!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh right!
*thumbs up*

All Christians strive to follow Christ, and those Truths that long predate the creation of this Earth.

They (being flawed humans with limited understanding) at points disagree on what those truths are, and which physical institution best teaches those, and even how much that physical institution matters. But there's always that core of accepting Christ and striving to follow His Truth which predate the creation of this earth.

This hold true for those individuals whom believe that the Catholic Church is the physical institution best teaches His Truths, and those that do not believe that. Nobody is choosing not to believe Christ.

Last edited: