Who Do I Confess My Sins To?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why should anyone leave the Church which is the fullness of Christ (Eph 1:22-23) who is the truth (John 14:6)?
I wouldnt but yours us not, history speaks for itself wheter you deny it oy nor, That is somehting you wil have to take up with God, You will never be able to claim inniocence tou are without excuse.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah well nonetheless i could describe your religion, as im sure most ppl here could, mjr
not meaning that in a bad way or anything
Yes people like to make religion out of every thing, Christ is a faith, region is all about you, faith is believing in all that He has done and giving Him the glory, religion is all about what you can do to please God, and guess what, faith is what pleases God .

But what do you care you dont believe in anything anyway.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldnt but yours us not, history speaks for itself wheter you deny it oy nor, That is somehting you wil have to take up with God, You will never be able to claim inniocence tou are without excuse.
The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ and history shows that.
Your version wasn't.
It's that simple.

You can misapply scripture but that doesn't change the facts.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your version wasn't.
It's that simple.

Never was HE never made that claim, you have. Never once did Jesus ever claim to build a church on this earth, all man made baloney.

Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

than there is this bit

Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:

An yet was does "church: do, it puts ,men in authority over men, Its called deception for a reason, and it seems men love being deceived.

2Th_2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

and people love them, just look at renewable energy lies.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is the subject in 1john1:9 that we confess our sins to and who is faithfull and just and will forgive us our sins?

1 Jn. 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins..."; this cannot be one another in this instance, it cannot be a priest or a mere man... it must be God, for only God can forgive sins.

The context flows with: "And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." (1 Jn. 2:1). An Advocate, a Lawyer, intercedes for us with the Father. Therefore, I would say that we should be confessing to Jesus Christ.

No man is a Mediator between man and God; only Jesus is.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your version wasn't.
It's that simple.

Yes, Jesus founded the Catholic church, the Church universal; not the ROMAN Catholic Church.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes people like to make religion out of every thing, Christ is a faith, region is all about you, faith is believing in all that He has done and giving Him the glory, religion is all about what you can do to please God, and guess what, faith is what pleases God .

But what do you care you dont believe in anything anyway.
ok, ty

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Jesus founded the Catholic church, the Church universal; not the ROMAN Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church is the most universal there is.

Calling that Church the Roman Catholic Church is a Protestant invention.

Reactions: Marymog

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i'm not sure how one might even deceive themselves into believing that, with so many sayings by Christ being directly antithetical to the Catholic "church?" I mean if the fact that you are speaking as if you knew is not reveal enough. But i also donate to the CC, so i dont mean to be attacking or anything ok, dont get me wrong here.

"The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible" likely applies to papists as well i guess
we all know who "history" is written by right

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never was HE never made that claim, you have. Never once did Jesus ever claim to build a church on this earth, all man made baloney.
Mt 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.

Jesus said he would build a Church - and he did.
I believe him - why don't you?

Reactions: Marymog

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Mungo, i'm sure this is neglected in the Catholic church as much as the Prot--well, actually Protestants encourage the ego, which Roman Catholics dont i guess--but a point is that stumping for a "church," any church "organization" is the equivalent of antichrist, and "loving family" v hate your family, as can easily be demonstrated.

as to "Roman" Catholic, with all due respect your Corporation has a literal place to lay its head, with the status of a country no less, so i guess you are just going to have to suck it up @ "Roman" and stop being such a flaming hypocrite there bro, sorry.

i cant imagine how difficult it would be to discover the belief system you were raised with is...not as advertised, let's say, and fwiw i have witnessed firsthand how wonderful many Catholics can be, ok, and i would even argue that we desperately need the Roman Catholic congregations, but dont kid yourself mainly imo, you are not Yah either, and are not qualified to speak in facts either, as if you knew, almost surely?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mt 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.

i mean or you can just spout the brochure for the rest of your life, but ask yourself how many mindless drones Yah needs eh
condemnation in those in Christ? hmm

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It misses the point that the Church is the Body of Believers, not any particular Organization or denomination. You are correct, the Church of Rome only "claims" to be the "Catholic Church." To say "The Roman Catholic Church" is accurate. This is like me saying that no matter what I say or believe, it's "Biblical." The Mormons say that they are "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints..." You can make all the claims you want, and even use a name to make unfounded claims, but that proves nothing!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It misses the point that the Church is the Body of Believers, not any particular Organization or denomination. You are correct, the Church of Rome only "claims" to be the "Catholic Church." To say "The Roman Catholic Church" is accurate. This is like me saying that no matter what I say or believe, it's "Biblical." The Mormons say that they are "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints..." You can make all the claims you want, and even use a name to make unfounded claims, but that proves nothing!

No, calling the Catholic Church the Roman Catholic Church is a Protestant invention.
The full title is the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church but this is normally abbreviated to Catholic Church.
The Catechism (for example) is called the Catechism of The Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church is accurate because it is the name of the Church. A particular Church's name is what it calls itself not what someone else calls it.
A name is not necessarily a description of it.

The claims are not unfounded because history shows the Catholic Church goes back to the apostles, whereas the Mormon Church only goes back to Joseph Smith in 1830.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The claims are not unfounded because history shows the Catholic Church goes back to the apostles, whereas the Mormon Church only goes back to Joseph Smith in 1830.

Re-writing history does not make it true! The Roman Catholic Church goes back to Constantine, not the Apostles!

You have no more legitimate claim to Apostolic Succession than a Mormonism has for Restoring the Gospel.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and 101G

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, calling the Catholic Church the Roman Catholic Church is a Protestant invention.
The full title is the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church but this is normally abbreviated to Catholic Church.
The Catechism (for example) is called the Catechism of The Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church is accurate because it is the name of the Church. A particular Church's name is what it calls itself not what someone else calls it.
A name is not necessarily a description of it.

Do you want an actual non-bashing answer to this?

Reactions: bbyrd009