Who Do I Confess My Sins To?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Catholic doctrine (properly understood) contradicts scripture (properly interpreted).
So you say.......but it does plainly contradict scripture. I won't bother explaining why. You can't make people believe what they don't want to hear, but only what their itching ears want to hear, even God knows that.
Neutral party here (I'm neither Catholic or Protestant)

Having studied both, my findings have been:
From the Catholic perspective & interpretation, there is zero contradiction between Catholic doctrine and the Bible. Things are well reasoned out.
From the Protestant perspective & interpretation, there is zero contradiction between Protestant doctrine and the Bible. Things are well reasoned out.

Where you're run into problems is if you try to apply reason Protestant perspective & interpretation, to Catholic doctrine and the Bible. And vise versa. Perspective & interpretation and very important to how we understand things.

For successful interfaith dialogue, you need to go the extra mile to understand another person & their perspective/interpretation. Take the time to listen and then more time.

Pursuing Truth and what is the Truthful interpretation of things is a different matter.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neutral party here (I'm neither Catholic or Protestant)

Having studied both, my findings have been:
From the Catholic perspective & interpretation, there is zero contradiction between Catholic doctrine and the Bible. Things are well reasoned out.
From the Protestant perspective & interpretation, there is zero contradiction between Protestant doctrine and the Bible. Things are well reasoned out.

Where you're run into problems is if you try to apply reason Protestant perspective & interpretation, to Catholic doctrine and the Bible. And vise versa. Perspective & interpretation and very important to how we understand things.

For successful interfaith dialogue, you need to go the extra mile to understand another person & their perspective/interpretation. Take the time to listen and then more time.

Pursuing Truth and what is the Truthful interpretation of things is a different matter.
I understand what you are saying.
I use the term, looking at the Catholic Church "through Protestant goggles" - and vice versa.

The problem really lies with the Protestants, however, because the main tenets of Protestantism didn't come about until after the 16th century. All of the other main tenets of Christianity like the Trinity, the atoning sacrifice of Christ, the Resurrection, etc., already existed prior to that.

It is the Protestant - NOT the Catholic who must substantiate doctrines like Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide - using Scripture alone (their standard). PRIOR to the 16th century - these doctrines of men were NOT taught by the historic Christian faith.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's impossible as every denomination came about after the 16th century.

The Catholic Church has been here since the FIRST century. Not only does FIRST century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch explicitly name the first century Church as "The Catholic Church" in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans - the Church he describes on NONE other than the Catholic Church. It is certainly NOT any of the Protestant denominations. READ carefully . . .

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

This is the EXACT SAME hierarchy as the Catholic Church of today.
As for any doctrines or traditions that do NOT line up with Scripture - I have YET to see one.

YOUR turn.

110 A.D would date this in the 2nd century actually, which if anything makes Catholicism a branch of Christianity, which, as stated in Acts came out of the first century, which says nothing about "Catholics". We know this because the book is dated between 61-64 A.D, first century. During that whole time up until Constantine enacted the edict of Milan in 313 A.D, true Christians were being hunted down, beheaded and fed to lions. This is of course the same chump that made Christianity the official religion of Rome, mixing it in with pagan traditions, and I need not bother giving a list of these heathen traditions. Everyone here should pretty much know about Roman pagan religions. I'll leave you to your heathen traditions and beliefs, not gonna sit here arguing about it with you ad infinitum.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not me, but he is too busy walking away from us going by his pic in his posts. :rolleyes:

Sorry wrong image in my mind. I believe he is standing beside his beast waiting to ride off into the sunset.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It IS a Christian forum - and that's why we're here.
Catholics were the very first Christians.

YOUR paramilitary sect, "aggressivechristianity.net" didn't come about until 1980.

Sooooooo, what "lie" are you talking about, specifically??
You nave nothing have you BOL , good on you, we know who the father of lies is dont we, when you find teh truth you will be set free. I hope you do, Really.

Act_9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
110 A.D would date this in the 2nd century actually, which if anything makes Catholicism a branch of Christianity, which, as stated in Acts came out of the first century, which says nothing about "Catholics". We know this because the book is dated between 61-64 A.D, first century. During that whole time up until Constantine enacted the edict of Milan in 313 A.D, true Christians were being hunted down, beheaded and fed to lions. This is of course the same chump that made Christianity the official religion of Rome, mixing it in with pagan traditions, and I need not bother giving a list of these heathen traditions. Everyone here should pretty much know about Roman pagan religions. I'll leave you to your heathen traditions and beliefs, not gonna sit here arguing about it with you ad infinitum.
Ummmmmm, actually - Ignatius was a FIRST century Bishop, who succeeded Peter in Antioch. He was martyred at the beginning of the 2nd century.

What he wrote before his death about the Catholic Church was not a "new" development - but a long-standing situation. There was no mail or internet or TV or radio in the first century. It was ALL spread by word of mouth and letter. His references to "The Catholic Church" would have taken YEARS to take hold for his readers to understand what he was talking about.
This was what the Church of Christ was known as by the end of the First century.

As for Constantine and the Edict of Milan - he didn't make Christianity the "official religion" of Rome. He merely made it legal to be a Christian. His mother, St. Helena was a Christian.

I suggest you open a history book and do some studying . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You nave nothing have you BOL , good on you, we know who the father of lies is dont we, when you find teh truth you will be set free. I hope you do, Really.

Act_9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
As usual, when confronted with a question about your ridiculous accusations, you have NO answer - just platitudes.
Par for the course.

Is that what they teach you at "aggressivechristianity.net" - I mean, besides guns, ammo and building bunkers?

Answer man

Mar 8, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two types of sin confessions. The first is for forgiveness of sins by asking Jesus directly for forgiveness with our repentance. The other type is telling a trusted believer in CONFIDENCE about a sin that we are having difficulty repenting from. That way they can ask God to help us get victory over that sin. It has NOTHING to do with forgiveness of sin. The Bible specifically states that when two or more pray in agreement that God is more influenced by our requests. It’s like having one of our children asking for McDonalds; but if two of our children ask for McDonalds; we’re probably going to McDonalds.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As usual, when confronted with a question about your ridiculous accusations, you have NO answer - just platitudes.
Par for the course.

Is that what they teach you at "aggressivechristianity.net" - I mean, besides guns, ammo and building bunkers?
When a man has no response to the truth, brings out the claws, you have nothing BOL just lies and innuendo.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a man has no response to the truth, brings out the claws, you have nothing BOL just lies and innuendo.
What "lies and innuendo" have I spoken against your paramilitary cult, aggressivechsitianity.net?
Please point them out - or apologize for bearing false witness.