Who does the Bible teach is Apostle to you & I ?

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Lamb

Well-Known Member
Feb 21, 2025
1,217
849
113
77
Paignton
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
++++Jesus told us, in Acts 9. He said Paul was His chosen vessel.....
Now who does Rom 11:13, Rom 15:16, Gal 2.7-9, Eph 3:8, 1 Tim 2.7 teach is Apostle to you ? :)

So who do those verses teach is Apostle to you ?
Well, let's look at the verses you mention. Do any of them even mention the apostles continuing their apostleship after death, and still being apostles to people in the 21st century?

NKJV Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
Paul is addressing Gentiles in 1st century Rome. He says, "I am an apostle to the Gentiles", not "I will be an apostle to all Gentiles throughout history."

Rom 15:16 that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Where does he even hint that he will continue almost 2,000 years after his death to be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles?

Gal 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
Gal 2:8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
Gal 2:9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
Again, no hint that he is still an apostle to the Gentiles today.

Eph 3:8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
Is Paul still preaching to Gentiles today?

1Ti 2:7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
Is Paul still on his missionary journeys today, preaching the gospel to Gentiles? Of course not. I see Paul referring to his teaching/preaching ministry ending at his death when he writes:

Php 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Php 1:22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
Php 1:23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
Php 1:24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
 

Davy

Well-Known Member
Feb 11, 2018
16,635
3,565
113
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
In a nutshell, here is why all of men's arguments that only Apostle Paul's Epistles are relevant to Christ's Church is only a concerted effort to keep the believing Christian AWAY... from the parts of God's written Word that disproves their many false Dispensationalist and Pre-trib Rapture theories. That's probably the no.1 reason.

No.2 is the reasons Preterism has, i.e., that all The Old Testament is dead history, including Revelation, and one should only concentrate of The Gospel Books and Paul's Epistles. Thus Preterism really has much of the same goal as Dispensationalism and the false Pre-trib Rapture theory. The difference is... that Preterism wrongly believes that Lord Jesus established His Kingdom NOW, in this PRESENT WORLD TIME. And they even believe that Lord Jesus left the Church on earth today with the responsibility to help bring it about, for THIS PRESENT WORLD.

What's wrong with that Preterist view then? It is secretly supporting the establishment of Satan's coming "one world government" or "New World Order." It is ultimately designed to lead brethren into thinking that coming New Word Order system, with its coming "king of the world", will be about Jesus' return and finalization of His Kingdom on earth. But in reality, the power-brokers, just like the scribes and Pharisees at Jesus' 1st coming, have set themselves up as heads over that coming New World Order. The only area they don't control today is God's true Faithful in Christ Jesus.