Who has read Malachi lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Doesn't nicotine just give you a head spin? How could that possibly help? :rolleyes: Of course, if you're already addicted then perhaps, sure, I can see it might quieten your nerves to be able to concentrate. I suppose it's easy to roll our eyes at people who have 'unacceptable' addictions, when really, things like caffiene and sugar are probably just as bad, except they're socially acceptable!
I'll stick to Malachi, anyway... :)

Reactions: Naomi25

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello,
Curious what you all think of Malachi 1:11

The didache attests that the Eucharist fulfills this prophecy:

14:1 And on the Lord's own day gather yourselves together and break bread and give thanks, first confessing your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure.
14:2 And let no man, having his dispute with his fellow, join your assembly until they have been reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be defiled;
14:3 for this sacrifice it is that was spoken of by the Lord;
14:4 {In every place and at every time offer Me a pure sacrifice;
14:5 for I am a great king, saith the Lord and My name is wonderful among the nations

Peace!

Didache. The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (translation J. B. Lightfoot).

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello,
Curious what you all think of Malachi 1:11

The didache attests that the Eucharist fulfills this prophecy:

14:1 And on the Lord's own day gather yourselves together and break bread and give thanks, first confessing your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure.
14:2 And let no man, having his dispute with his fellow, join your assembly until they have been reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be defiled;
14:3 for this sacrifice it is that was spoken of by the Lord;
14:4 {In every place and at every time offer Me a pure sacrifice;
14:5 for I am a great king, saith the Lord and My name is wonderful among the nations

Peace!

Didache. The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (translation J. B. Lightfoot).
It's not Scripture...

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see the church in the Old Testament; it likely refers to Millennial conditions.

Dear farouk,

And yet your brothers and sisters in the apostolic churches have proclaimed its fulfillment in the celebration of the Eucharist for 2000 years.
I would urge you to prayerfully consider that witness, and allow the possibility that it might be so.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't nicotine just give you a head spin? How could that possibly help? :rolleyes: Of course, if you're already addicted then perhaps, sure, I can see it might quieten your nerves to be able to concentrate. I suppose it's easy to roll our eyes at people who have 'unacceptable' addictions, when really, things like caffiene and sugar are probably just as bad, except they're socially acceptable!
Malachi shows us what God means when He says He loves and He hates. His love is to build up and establish. His hate is to tear down and destroy and remove.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ I guess I wasn't paying too much attention what I was doing . . .

Hi @Naomi25 !

Pick a post . . . any post . . . just jump right in!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Malachi shows us what God means when He says He loves and He hates. His love is to build up and establish. His hate is to tear down and destroy and remove.

Much love!
I tell you what, Ezekiel is rather hair raising when it comes to God telling it like it is when he 'hates' something. I came away from it feeling rather shocked! But...in a rather eye-opening way. I think it's very helpful to realize that God will not be mocked or spurned; he is a jealous God. And while we live under the grace, mercy and love of Christ, we still ought to function in awe and fear of God. It was a good book....

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
^ I guess I wasn't paying too much attention what I was doing . . .

Hi @Naomi25 !

Pick a post . . . any post . . . just jump right in!
Eh...isn't that what a conversation forums all about??!! If we wait til we've been formally addressed, we might not have any conversations at all! Politely throwing a comment or thought in is what its all about, and that's awesome!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I tell you what, Ezekiel is rather hair raising when it comes to God telling it like it is when he 'hates' something. I came away from it feeling rather shocked! But...in a rather eye-opening way. I think it's very helpful to realize that God will not be mocked or spurned; he is a jealous God. And while we live under the grace, mercy and love of Christ, we still ought to function in awe and fear of God. It was a good book....
Solemn warning in Romans 3.18:

"There is no fear of God before their eyes."

This ties in with Malachi 3.16:

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Eh...isn't that what a conversation forums all about??!! If we wait til we've been formally addressed, we might not have any conversations at all! Politely throwing a comment or thought in is what its all about, and that's awesome!
Someone said that the Great Lakes are like one big river. I guess similarly, the Web is sometimes like one big 'stream of consciousness' conversation...

Reactions: marks

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Someone said that the Great Lakes are like one big river. I guess similarly, the Web is sometimes like one big 'stream of consciousness' conversation...
eiy...there's a thought to blow the mind. So many thoughts 'out' there...good, bad, ugly. Which of course, in my mind, anyway, leads to the thought of people hunched over computers trying to keep track of them all. Ha! Like trying to put out a volcano with a squirty gun!
Ahem, but like I said, perhaps that's just me, and it's late, and I'm tired!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
eiy...there's a thought to blow the mind. So many thoughts 'out' there...good, bad, ugly. Which of course, in my mind, anyway, leads to the thought of people hunched over computers trying to keep track of them all. Ha! Like trying to put out a volcano with a squirty gun!
Well, there's also always Philippians 4.8 t guide and moderate one's thinking: "...think on these things". :)

Reactions: Naomi25 and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hair raising, yes! And eye opening! And I like your mention of God a Jealous God, Ezekiel tells some things that show God's jealous possession of His people.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favorite comics is the guy hunched over his computer, his wife in her nightgown leans in the doorway, "honey, come to bed, it's 3 am!" "Just a few minutes, sweet pea," still typing, "someone on the internet is wrong."

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hair raising, yes! And eye opening! And I like your mention of God a Jealous God, Ezekiel tells some things that show God's jealous possession of His people.

Much love!
In Malachi, the emphasis seems to be on the Lord's relationship with the Godly remnant.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of my favorite comics is the guy hunched over his computer, his wife in her nightgown leans in the doorway, "honey, come to bed, it's 3 am!" "Just a few minutes, sweet pea," still typing, "someone on the internet is wrong."
Umm...they need to think back to their honeymoon...o_O

Reactions: marks

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ha! I've seen this one before. Sadly, it fits my husband to a T. He loves correcting 'wrong' people on the internet!