Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

"Fall short of understanding the mystery of the Godhead. "
Ro 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Job 11:7-9 ¶ Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection? It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know? The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.

And in our utter foolishness and pride and arrogance we presume to have the ability and capacity to understand the nature of the Godhead to such a fine degree that we can place the unknowable God into a trite formula and demand of others that if they don't believe in it, they cannot be Christians. If we repent of our insanity, God will forgive even that.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only by how He reveals Himself........ God's name is Jehovah as He revealed in Exodus 6:3. Didn't you know? And, here I thought you understood all about the things of God.

Like you say, "so easy and so simple."

To God Be The Glory
First thanks for the reply. second, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

let's used your very own scripture. Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

so Abraham didn't know god by the Name JEHOVAH ... Right ... Right, ok let's see,

Genesis 22:13 "And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

ok Jun2u, why is the name Jehovah in Abraham mouth then, for clearly Genesis come before Exodus and God said Abraham did not know him by Jehovah. Uh o, "Hustion we have a problem".

someone is lying? we know God don't lie, and Abraham is the Friend of God and he's not lying. so what gives?. the translators, they injected vowels into the tetragrammaton to get a made up name. they placed three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH.

understand something, "I AM THAT I AM" or H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. is "WHAT" God is in Title, not NAME, hayah tells us "WHAT" God is, not WHO he is. and to top it off hayah is a verb. get it now? verbs are not NOUNS. nouns identify "WHO" someone is.

example. if I was to ask you what is the frist woman name is. you might say "Eve" and you would be wrong. why? because I asked "What" is the first woman name. the correct answer would be "Adam". yes, because that's "WHAT" she is an Adam. scripture, Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created".

understand, Adam is what she is "a mankind", but "WHO" she is in name is "EVE".

so if Moses would has asked God "WHO" are you in name, instead of "What" is your name, God would have said, "JESUS". because Jesus is "WHO" God is by name. and "I AM" is what he is. what God is Saviour, Redeemer. Comforter, Mediator.... on and on.

can you see your mistake now? God personal name has NEVER been Jehovah. let's back this up. Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

this is isaiah way after Exodus 6:3, and Genesis. his people shall know his NAME, he said in that "day". ok, what DAY is that? the day he said clearly "I AM HE". John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins". there he is, JESUS, supportive scripture, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Matthew 1:22 "Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us".

THERE IS GOD NAME "JESUS". not some man made name Jehovah.

it will be schocking to be standing in front of his Judgment seat and you call him Jehovah.... :eek: and after you been told that his name is "JESUS". yes the LORD of the OT, Isaiah 45:22 "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear".
now that SAME one whom you calls Jehovah,
Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Philippians 2:11 "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

man oh man when your knee bow, and your tounge confess ........ Jehovah? yes I greyed it out for you, don't worry he'll let you know that his name is......... ;)

Oh well.....

PICJAG.