Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem like a nice guy yourself! Yes, we've formed different conclusions, but there is blessing to be gained in reaching better understandings. Would you agree with that also?

Hebrews 2:5-8 KJV
5) For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
6) But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
7) Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
8) Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Jesus is not one of the angels.

Much love!
Are not all created spirit beings referred to as angels in the Bible?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a Bible teaching sir, Jehovah does not have a God, why does Jesus? You stated Jesus wasn't created, w

No answer to the point made clearly that Jesus is the true God, sir; therefore, you have no answer. Your whole argument is false. It stands that Jesus is the true God. End of discussion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are not all created spirit beings referred to as angels in the Bible?
Not all references to "angels" refer to "created spirit beings", that is, the celestial creatures we know as cherubim, and seraphim, and watchers, and plainly as angels.

But humans are called angels, in that they are messengers.

Jesus is not a created being. Jesus created everything that was created, so obviously He Himself was not created.

Much love!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense. Jesus never taught the trinity but did say he was going to his God. The only God is Jesus' God. See John 20:17.
Jesus is still the true God (I John 5:20)
The Word was God and still is (John 1:1)

Unless you can read something else into those verses, it stands as true. Other than that, believe what you want.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is still the true God (I John 5:20)
The Word was God and still is (John 1:1)

Unless you can read something else into those verses, it stands as true. Other than that, believe what you want.

The verses you cite do not take away from John 20:17, Jesus is going to his God. The only God is Jesus' God. Please have the courage to respond to John 20:17 instead of ignoring it in favor of verses you prefer.

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gwin - at Theology Forums.com, they will believe your NotGodder tripe

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sir, not Jehovah are you able to discern that by those passages? God exhaulted Jesus, sending Jesus to earth, it was Jesus who was obedient to death.
Kingdom Hall opinions prove nothing.

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
'These things says the Son of God, … 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Jesus is God!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who anointed Jesus? Who chose him? Who sent him?

The prophet Samuel anointed both King Saul and King David. He used oil, [probably olive oil] and touched it to or poured it on their heads. But that was an OT anointing where many times it was a physical ritual typifying the spiritual anointing to come. Both of them as we read in the scriptures were anointed also by the Spirit... effectively become new men. Saul alone of the two lost his anointing due to his repeated selfish disobedience...

"But the spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him." I Sam 16:14

Then here we see Jesus being anointed directly as the Spirit of God lights upon him:

"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matt 3:16-17

And then here:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19

So then who is the He that anointed and sent Jesus?

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me" John 5:30

Good verses John, I had thought of one right away as I just very recently read it, lol.

"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."
Acts 10:38

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kingdom Hall opinions prove nothing.

10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
'These things says the Son of God, … 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Jesus is God!

Is he? Why does he have a God then sir?
Not all references to "angels" refer to "created spirit beings", that is, the celestial creatures we know as cherubim, and seraphim, and watchers, and plainly as angels.

But humans are called angels, in that they are messengers.

Jesus is not a created being. Jesus created everything that was created, so obviously He Himself was not created.

Much love!

Which spirit beings does the Bible state are not created sir?
May I ask why Jesus is called the firstborn of every creature? Col 1:15?
Is Jesus the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God? Rev 3:14
Or am I missing something somewhere?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No answer to the point made clearly that Jesus is the true God, sir; therefore, you have no answer. Your whole argument is false. It stands that Jesus is the true God. End of discussion.

May I ask once again, who is the God of Jesus Bob? Conversations can certainly be ended, but Biblical truth cannot be quenched.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is he? Why does he have a God then sir?
Why not? That's like asking, "Why is there a God?".
Which spirit beings does the Bible state are not created sir?
Don't you know?
May I ask why Jesus is called the firstborn of every creature? Col 1:15?
Colossians 1:15 (NKJV)
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn OVER all creation.
Is Jesus the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God? Rev 3:14
Or am I missing something somewhere?
Yeah, you missed this:

'These things says the Son of God, … 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts.

Jesus is God!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not? That's like asking, "Why is there a God?".

Don't you know?

Colossians 1:15 (NKJV)
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn OVER all creation.

Yeah, you missed this:

'These things says the Son of God, … 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts.

Jesus is God!

Who is LORD sir? The problem is you miss things by not doing research. Many versions of the Bible, like the one you quoted replace Jehovah's name with LORD. We live in the age of information and it is very easy to look up what the original Hebrew word was, you will find it to be YHWH which in English is rendered Jehovah, not Jesus. I hope you will research that, some Bible versions even put that in the forward of their Bible.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is LORD sir? The problem is you miss things by not doing research. Many versions of the Bible, like the one you quoted replace Jehovah's name with LORD. We live in the age of information and it is very easy to look up what the original Hebrew word was, you will find it to be YHWH which in English is rendered Jehovah, not Jesus. I hope you will research that, some Bible versions even put that in the forward of their Bible.
I've been researching the Bible over 40 years. That's why I'm not a JW.

John 1:1 (KJV)1 the Word was God.
(GenevaBible)1 that Word was God.
(ASV)1 the Word was God.
(AMP)1 the Word was God Himself.
(MontgomeryNT)1 the Word was God.
(CEB)1 the Word was God.
(CJB)1 the Word was God.
(Darby)1 the Word was God.
(ESV)1 the Word was God.
(HCSB)1 the Word was God.
(MaceNT)1 the Logos was God.
(NASB)1 the Word was God.
(NIV)1 the Word was God.
(NJB)1 the Word was God.
(NKJV)1 the Word was God.
(NRSV)1 the Word was God.
(RSV)1 the Word was God.
(TLB)1 is himself God.
(WesleyNT)1 the Word was God.
(WEY)1 the Word was God.
(YLT)1 the Word was God;
(Webster's Bible)1 the Word was God.
(MSG)1 The Word was God,

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words are not beings. That is how you know John 1:1 is figurative. It's absurd to say the word of Joe Biden is Joe Biden.

Anyway, as another person pointed out proof text against the trinity abounds in John 17:22.