Who is John talking about.........

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Our spirit goes back to God. Return to me and I will return to you.?
well, i always understood the first would happen after literal death, and the second hopefully before...
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
as opposed to what we mostly do/manifest, as can be seen here yeh
“Our spirit goes back to God who gave it” John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
again, prolly or at least maybe two diff events?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your idea then, he was not seriously tempted. I tend to think he could have but chose correctly and thus deserves credit for overcoming real temptation. Your idea almost seems to deprive him of free will, making it sound as if life was easy for him. I would say Jesus deserves credit for loving God and choosing correctly in all his temptations. I think he was tempted more than we are and in more things. I can't excuse my own failings by saying Jesus could do it because he really couldn't be tempted and couldn't have failed.
While I agree that Jesus really was tempted this throws a monkey wrench in the works of many people beliefs about the nature of God. [Hopefully no one wants to get into that here.] On the other hand, while he was tempted as per Heb 4:15, he also did have an advantage. The advantage was that Jesus started clean and remained always clean because he never went that pathway that everyone else followed for a period of time. He never sinned. All the rest men have sinned. He never formed bad habits, a bad habit being defined as a habit when pursued will always lead a person to sin. This is so even though the habit, in and of itself, may not be sin.

Jesus was the Word of God. We can overcome sin and sinful ways [bad habits] by the Word of God, but first we need to have that Word living in us. [Jesus always did.] We have that history of sin which even when we have really repented remains in our memories and the habits leading to sin often remain. Whether we follow them again after first repentance is another question. Jesus had no sin history to erase.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our spirit goes back to God. Return to me and I will return to you.? Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

not trying to convince that which perishes is immortal. No. Neither a literal crown is incorruptible. “Our spirit goes back to God who gave it” John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And where is Jesus?
"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And where is Jesus?
"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

I will never leave you nor forsake you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And where is Jesus?

really tho imo one needs to ask Who is Jesus?
we like to think the Jesus we are taught is at least pretty close, but i doubt it

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
….. and why does he use this 666 "code?"

Revelation 13:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
all three agree

why did 1 count 667? will kinda answer that i think

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really tho imo one needs to ask Who is Jesus?
Yes, indeed that is the question but so many has a fixed answer to even that question [AT =Absolute Truth] and presume that having him [so they say or believe] they don't need another thing. This is one of the problems with OSAS as I see it.

To me to stand in that perfect place [as did Job in Job 1:1] is possible in a moment with God. The problem with that is we must be like running water in order to remain alive and keep things alive. Still water will eventually become stagnant or like the Dead Sea will be so salty that nothing can live in it. This is perhaps the biggest trouble I have with OSAS but as I have said elsewhere recently I have given up serious argument on it for reasons already stated elsewhere.

I hope that someone besides @bbyrd009 understands what I am saying. LOL... hopefully he does too!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, indeed that is the question but so many has a fixed answer to even that question [AT =Absolute Truth] and presume that having him [so they say or believe] they don't need another thing. This is one of the problems with OSAS as I see it.

To me to stand in that perfect place [as did Job in Job 1:1] is possible in a moment with God. The problem with that is we must be like running water in order to remain alive and keep things alive. Still water will eventually become stagnant or like the Dead Sea will be so salty that nothing can live in it. This is perhaps the biggest trouble I have with OSAS but as I have said elsewhere recently I have given up serious argument on it for reasons already stated elsewhere.

I hope that someone besides @bbyrd009 understands what I am saying. LOL... hopefully he does too!
yeh, eating what is it? is just...a different way to live, than going to another town and making plansand stuff. Imo ones beliefs should reflect where they are, be changing iow?

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I wasn't sure what the question was.

Are you referencing the children of Adonikam?

Ezra 2:13
"The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six"

Nehemiah 7:18
"The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven"

The number is off by one.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, eating what is it? is just...a different way to live, than going to another town and making plansand stuff. Imo ones beliefs should reflect where they are, be changing iow?
"Changing" is the key word or we might call it "growing". This is also why not one of us qualifies to make a final judgment on another person. We don't know where they are on the highway of holiness [if they are on it]. We don't what they have done with everything that God has given them. God has not given exactly the same thing to every person. God alone knows exactly what He has given to each person. The parable of the talents oversimplifies it to allow our finite minds to get an inkling of what is involved in judgment. But... some people still jump right into it asserting by their actions, if not by their words, that they are qualified. We cannot even judge ourselves correctly alone... so how could we ever alone correctly judge another?

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mentioned that post was telling us something maybe, could you say what it is?
Ah yes.

Now this is just one of those 'mysterious coincidences', but it makes me wonder if God made Strong's Hebrews number 666 coincide with the word 'Ashes' (which is Carbon) as an extra 'hint'...

Strong's Hebrew: 666. אֲפֵר (apher) -- a covering, bandage

I'm not sure what the odds are of that happening, but I bet it's pretty high.

Note that 'Ashes' (KJV) and 'Bandages' are very different translations which makes it all that much more peculiar.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot to mention something very important about Ezekiel's 666 transformation...

Ezekiel 3:3
"And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness"

In order for Ezekiel to receive 666 on his forehead, he had to eat a Scroll first. This is a very important clue as to how the Unsaved will receive the Mark of the Beast.

A Scroll in the Bible is a reference to DNA. It is the Word of God that becomes flesh. What God is teaching here is that it is possible for Humans to eat something to cause their DNA to be edited and altered.

Think Adam and Eve and the Forbidden DNA they ate.

More specifically, this DNA change creates a new identity. God gave Ezekiel a 'new identity' in order to 'blend in' with the Rebellious House.

The bottom line here is that the Mark of the Beast is a DNA alteration that will give the Unsaved a new identity, hence...

Matthew 7:23
"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity"

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Our spirit goes back to God. Return to me and I will return to you.? Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

not trying to convince that which perishes is immortal. No. Neither a literal crown is incorruptible. “Our spirit goes back to God who gave it” John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Good to remember that 'perish' does not mean loss of being, but loss of well-being...

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some more free time to spare here so I'm going to get some thoughts down in print.

Many folks wonder... why is the Mark of the Beast in the Right Hand or Forehead? Again... it has to do with One's Identity.

Mark on the Right Hand
Everyone take a good look at your Right Hand. What do you see? Look closely...
You see fingerprints and palm prints. These are unique to you and no one else. They *identify* you physically.

Mark on the Forehead
Now look at your forehead, or rather your Facial Recognition Features. These also identify you physically.

Think of what happens when the Police book someone. What do they record?

Mark on the Right Hand (Fingerprints)
Mark on the Forehead (Mugshot)

Why? For *identification* purposes.

Think of new Cell Phone security features. They use Fingerprints and Facial Recognition to identify the owner.

The Mark of the Beast will be a DNA transformation that will...

1) Change Fingerprints/Palmprints
2) Change Facial Recognition Features (Eye color for example)

This will be a LITERAL and visible transformation.

Note that the Mark of the Beast is an UNPARDONABLE SIN. Anyone who takes the Mark automatically becomes unsaved with NO FORGIVENESS.

Now link all of the above to this verse...

Matthew 12:31
"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men"

Remember that the Temple is the Body for the Holy Ghost to reside in. When One changes their DNA, they receive a new identity and NEW SPIRIT.

It's permanent blasphemy of the Holy Ghost...

1 Corinthians 6:19
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Note that God's Palmprints contain all of the Saved Palmprints...

Isaiah 49:16
"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me"

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some more free time to spare here so I'm going to get some thoughts down in print.

Many folks wonder... why is the Mark of the Beast in the Right Hand or Forehead? Again... it has to do with One's Identity.

Mark on the Right Hand
Everyone take a good look at your Right Hand. What do you see? Look closely...
You see fingerprints and palm prints. These are unique to you and no one else. They *identify* you physically.

Mark on the Forehead
Now look at your forehead, or rather your Facial Recognition Features. These also identify you physically.

Think of what happens when the Police book someone. What do they record?

Mark on the Right Hand (Fingerprints)
Mark on the Forehead (Mugshot)

Why? For *identification* purposes.

Think of new Cell Phone security features. They use Fingerprints and Facial Recognition to identify the owner.

The Mark of the Beast will be a DNA transformation that will...

1) Change Fingerprints/Palmprints
2) Change Facial Recognition Features (Eye color for example)

This will be a LITERAL and visible transformation.

Note that the Mark of the Beast is an UNPARDONABLE SIN. Anyone who takes the Mark automatically becomes unsaved with NO FORGIVENESS.

Now link all of the above to this verse...

Matthew 12:31
"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men"

Remember that the Temple is the Body for the Holy Ghost to reside in. When One changes their DNA, they receive a new identity and NEW SPIRIT.

It's permanent blasphemy of the Holy Ghost...

1 Corinthians 6:19
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Note that God's Palmprints contain all of the Saved Palmprints...

Isaiah 49:16
"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me"
Here is what is perplexing....as of right now no one knows for certain WHAT that mark is....and I for one believe you have to KNOW that you are taking it. So who will know? Those who are diligent in studying the Word and who discern in their spirit and who hears The Holy Spirit speaking...
So now back to receiving it....for anyone who believes in the rapture then there is no concern for them....who does that leave? All those left behind...the sinners....and they won't stand much of a chance unless God intervenes on their behalf.

Reactions: Base12

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
both hard questions. I know my immediate answers but then I’m not so sure.
The important thing it to not stress too strongly that you are right, even though you certainly believe that you are or likely you would remain in that position. Because you hear a good alternative, don't be too quick to change making an irrevocable new set of ATs. That is the point of @bbyrd009 oft asked question for someone to give him an example of an AT [Absolute Truth].