Who is King James in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be Guy Fawkes. The poster has already been told this on another forum, but hasn't corrected it. Same with the dates.
Really?

I hate making unfounded accusations, but Jennifer is doing some strange things. Awful pretty picture, if that's really her, but her intentions here have been a bit .... off.

Sorry, Jennifer. No offense intended, but you're doing some strange things, girl. :)

I hope you can understand why some are questioning your sincerity here.

Great subject to write about, but not sure how it helps you learn how to be a Christian as you claimed you were here for.

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could say I was fortunate to be on another forum whereby they did not allow you to copy and paste from an article without providing the source link to that article (without getting in trouble). So they taught me the value in giving people credit where credit is due. Anyways, if a teacher caught you quoting your work from others and it was not your own, you would get a failing grade for plagiarism. I know. It’s not a happy subject, but it is customary to leave a source link at the bottom of your post whenever you quote a person. Many Christians here don’t do it because there are no mods enforcing such a rule. It still does not make it right, sister. If you do copy an article in the future, I would encourage you to provide a source link to the article in your post.
Thank you for the reminder. I will note for the following posts.

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are actually Christians who actually hate the King James Bible. They exist. I have read their statements. They mock Christians for believing in a final Word of authority.
Some might say those aren't True Christians.

They hear, and blindly follow, the opinions of men ... and not The Shepherd.

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

I hate making unfounded accusations, but Jennifer is doing some strange things. Awful pretty picture, if that's really her, but her intentions here have been a bit .... off.

Sorry, Jennifer. No offense intended, but you're doing some strange things, girl. :)

I hope you can understand why some are questioning your sincerity here.

Great subject to write about, but not sure how it helps you learn how to be a Christian as you claimed you were here for.
Who in this world does not make mistakes. Except for God, right? I may be weak now but in the future, it will be different. We all came into this world with a purpose, and did God have a plan for us? I hope in the future I will become a true Christian who is recognized and loved by everyone. God bless you!

Reactions: BarneyFife

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who in this world does not make mistakes. Except for God, right? I may be weak now but in the future, it will be different. We all came into this world with a purpose, and did God have a plan for us? I hope in the future I will become a true Christian who is recognized and loved by everyone. God bless you!
It's just not coming off as honest mistakes, is all.

And True Christians are definitely not loved by everyone. Just a note. Jesus says we will be hated by everybody.

It is a very difficult road, but the destination is worth it.

God bless.

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer to call myself “Core-KJB” (or “Foundational KJB”), and not KJB Only because I also find it extremely important to also read Modern English Bibles (to help update the archaic words in the KJB).
But I believe a Christian should have a final Word of authority.
I have discovered that the KJB is the most pure when compared to other English bibles, but yet at the same time I realize that the KJB has extremely difficult archaic words within it and so a Modern Bible is a must to help update what it is saying.

Some facts between the KJB vs. Modern Bibles:

#1. There are doctrinal differences between the KJB vs. Modern Bibles.
#2. There are corruptions in Modern bibles (major blatant mistakes, the devil's name is placed in Modern bibles where they don't belong, and how some Modern bibles make Jesus appear to sin).
#3. The history of Modern bibles has dark origins whereas the KJB has more good & honorable origins.

#1. See here for Doctrinal Differences Between the KJB vs. Modern Bibles.
Other doctrinal differences is that some Modern bibles teach that Jesus was a created second God in John 1:18 by calling Him the begotten God (instead of begotten Son), and that the Messiah in Micah 5:2 was from the distant past or ancient days instead of from everlasting (as the KJB correctly renders it). Some Modern bibles falsely teach that Jesus had faith (NIV) (CSB) (ISV) in the fact that they say He is the pioneer of our faith. Jesus is GOD and GOD cannot have faith in Himself. That's a contradiction. Our faith is to justify us before God for salvation. Jesus did not need salvation because He is salvation.

#2. For the blatant mistakes in Modern bibles:
full

See here to learn about how the devil tries to place his name in the Bible where it does not belong (in Modern Translations). See point #24 here for the verses on how Modern bibles make Jesus appear to sin.

#3. To check out the Dark Origins of Modern Bibles, see this documentary here:

full

Watch Bridge to Babylon | Prime Video

Keep in mind that this is just the tip of the iceberg of the dark origins of Modern Bibles. But again I am not saying you should not use Modern English bibles. I actually encourage you to use them, but be careful of what they say, though. To get a little more on what I am talking about, the Nestle & Aland Critical Text (used today for all Modern English bibles) is supervised (influenced) by the Vatican. You can learn about this in my post #53 within this thread.

Another King James Documentary I would recommend is this one.

Watch Kjb - The Book That Changed The World | Prime Video

The Forbidden Book:

We have been through this before, and frankly I'm tired of the debate. You wrote "The history of Modern bibles has dark origins whereas the KJB has more good & honorable origins" is nonsensical, biased, and wrong. It's simply your erroneous opinion.

The King James is a political translation, ordered by a secular king to prove that his personal version of Protestantism bolstered his secular rule. Those who disagreed with his political/religious dogma were forced to flee or be severely punished. Modern bibles, on the other hand, are based on excellent scholarship, using the finest and most complete resources available.

You can prove anything on YouTube. Citing it as a valid source of anything is a joke.

If you want to educate yourself, you should read "The King James Only Controversy" by James R. White. Then you might -- just might -- begin to understand the truth about the King James Bible and the excellent modern translations available today.

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just not coming off as honest mistakes, is all.

And True Christians are definitely not loved by everyone. Just a note. Jesus says we will be hated by everybody.

It is a very difficult road, but the destination is worth it.

God bless.
Blessing!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been through this before, and frankly I'm tired of the debate. You wrote "The history of Modern bibles has dark origins whereas the KJB has more good & honorable origins" is nonsensical, biased, and wrong. It's simply your erroneous opinion.

The King James is a political translation, ordered by a secular king to prove that his personal version of Protestantism bolstered his secular rule. Those who disagreed with his political/religious dogma were forced to flee or be severely punished. Modern bibles, on the other hand, are based on excellent scholarship, using the finest and most complete resources available.

You can prove anything on YouTube. Citing it as a valid source of anything is a joke.

If you want to educate yourself, you should read "The King James Only Controversy" by James R. White. Then you might -- just might -- begin to understand the truth about the King James Bible and the excellent modern translations available today.
Yeah, because White's not controversial at all.

lQFa_Vly.jpg

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lQFa_Vly.jpg

There are many other discussions about the King James Bible, it origins, inferior sources, mistranslations, etc. if you won't read White's book. The claim that King James is the only (or best) translation is based on ignorance at best, deliberate lies at worst.

Is the above a self-portrait?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lQFa_Vly.jpg

Here are the quotes from the rear book cover...

"A valuable resource that is understandable and dependable. Best of all, the book is spiritually edifying" Dr. John MacArthur

"Sober, scholarly, courteous, and convincing" Dr J. I. Packer

"This book should be read by all who are embroiled in the controversy" Dr. D. A. Carson

"A clear, compelling, and conclusive case contradicting the claims of 'KJV-only' advocates. Your confidence in God's preservation 0f Scripture through credible translations such as the NIV and NASB will be solidified". Hank Hanegraff

I accept their opinions far, far, far more than your biased opinion (as well as those of Bible Highlighter and other KJV proponents)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the above a self-portrait?
Yeah, I had the dang camera that faces me on, instead of the other one, trying to take a pic. I'm all paws when it comes to technology.
There are many other discussions about the King James Bible, it origins, inferior sources, mistranslations, etc. if you won't read White's book. The claim that King James is the only (or best) translation is based on ignorance at best, deliberate lies at worst.
This seems like a rather ignorant statement. Because.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are the quotes from the rear book cover...

"A valuable resource that is understandable and dependable. Best of all, the book is spiritually edifying" Dr. John MacArthur

"Sober, scholarly, courteous, and convincing" Dr J. I. Packer

"This book should be read by all who are embroiled in the controversy" Dr. D. A. Carson

"A clear, compelling, and conclusive case contradicting the claims of 'KJV-only' advocates. Your confidence in God's preservation 0f Scripture through credible translations such as the NIV and NASB will be solidified". Hank Hanegraff
There's a reason all the Mainstream Spotlight Pastors and bible authorities are all up in arms together against the KJV.
I accept their opinions far, far, far more than your biased opinion (as well as those of Bible Highlighter and other KJV proponents)
Of course you do because you're naive and biased and drink way too much Jim Beam.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James White is not a great defense for Modern Scholarship.

Will Kinney has several good articles written about James White’s book on this topic.

Another King James Bible Believer

We disagree about this, as usual. I have appreciated your posts on other topics but, as you know, I disagree with you about the King James version. We are clearly not the only ones who disagree on this topic and, as I said earlier, I am tired of debating this issue.

On another note, I have been reading the NRSV, 5th edition, recently and find it to be excellent. I especially appreciate the thorough and insightful comments that accompany the Bible text.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We disagree about this, as usual. I have appreciated your posts on other topics but, as you know, I disagree with you about the King James version. We are clearly not the only ones who disagree on this topic and, as I said earlier, I am tired of debating this issue.

On another note, I have been reading the NRSV, 5th edition, recently and find it to be excellent. I especially appreciate the thorough and insightful comments that accompany the Bible text.

Thank you for being kind. I do really like sometimes using the NLT, and AMP translation when reading the KJB.
May God bless you.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a reason all the Mainstream Spotlight Pastors and bible authorities are all up in arms together against the KJV.Of course you do because you're naive and biased and drink way too much Jim Beam.

Obviously you can't discuss this in a mature, rational manner, so you resort to stupid comments like "you're naive and biased and drink way too much Jim Beam". I feel sorry for you!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for being kind. I do really like sometimes using the NLT, and AMP translation when reading the KJB.
May God bless you.

BTW, I am also [added word] a non-denominational born again Christian. I believe in the Trinity. I believe in the Bible Alone [deleted words] as my authority for all matters of faith and practice. I believe that we are under the commands given to us in the New Testament and not the Old Testament. So we don’t have to keep the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, etcetera. We are to follow the commands given to us by Jesus and His followers (in the pages of the New Testament). I believe we are to love all others and speak in love, despite our correction of another’s false beliefs. I believe Christians are saved by two aspects of salvation. The 1st aspect of salvation is being saved by God’s grace without works (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 10:13, John 1:12, Ephesians 2:8-9). The 2nd aspect of salvation is the Sanctification of the Holy Spirit (to live a holy life), and a belief of the truth (i.e. a continual study and belief in the doctrines in the Holy Bible) (See: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14) (Also see: Romans 8:13, Titus 1:16, Hebrews 12:14, James 2:24, John 5:24).

I am a Jew and was an atheist for many years, until I was healed by the Lord Jesus Christ in the hospital. I became a born-again Christian in 1977 and have been in God's family -- the body of Christ -- since then. Because of my age and the risk of COVID-19 I no longer attend church, but I read the Bible (and associated books and commentaries) every day, generally a minimum of one hour.

I have been married to the woman God gave me for 54 years and have two children and two grandchildren. To say that God has repeatedly blessed me is an understatement! Like Paul, I both anticipate being with God before too long but love my natural life as well.