Who is Satan anyway?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bope

Apr 13, 2006
I have heard many accounts on Satan, but not too clear about it.There were accounts in the old testament if I am not mistaken that he was a cheribum and was cast down.My questions are:1. Did this happen before the garden of Eden?2. Why did God allow Satan to run amock for so long?Any insight would be great.

guysmy

Apr 16, 2006
Yes, this definitely happened before the Garden of Eden.There's the account of Lucifer, "the morning star", being cast down. This is now being denied by bible scholars that say it is Nebuchadnezzar that is refered to here. There's also debate as to whether Satan and Lucifer are one in the same.
Isaiah 14:12-15 (King James Version)How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Satan serves a function. It is the concept of choice....we don't have to live accordingly to God's will. Satan couldn't be zapped at any given point and we will never know the exact reason. Revelation 20:7-10 tells us what eventually happens to Satan.
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Satan was an archangle the most beatiful,intelligent God ever created he was given powers never given by God to anyone else but he became full of pride and envy and decided he should be God so he rebelled against God.He will be litterally kicked out of heaven down to earth at the end of days where he will make one last attempt to win the hearts of men to his side away from God. It is sad so few of us have been taught about this subject.This is why the rapture theroy is so dangerous because we are tol by men that were not going to be here so dont worry about it, this is not what God says.We can be fooled so easy how will we be able to reconize Satan when we have been told he is an ugly guy with horns in a red suit.Learning that he was the morning star a beatiful archangel was one of the things that made me want to learn more of what God had to say .

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
Hi, Is anyone familiar with the Gap Theory? It is worth the read............Jack Van Impee teaches the Gap Theory......It's been around since the 4th Century over 1600 years. Some of the greatest minds in Christendom have preached the Gap Theory. Dr. C. Solfield, Dr. Clarence Larkin and his dispensational charts.Dr. Merl Unger and one of the princes of prophecy for the 20th century; Dr. JohnWalford and Dr. W.S. Hoddle.There could be millions of years in between Genesis 1 vs.1 and vs.2which would account for the different layers in the earth, dinosaurs and cavemen.Because Genesis1 vs. 1 says in the beginning God created heaven and the earth.vs.2 tells us the earth was without form a void and darkness was upon the face of the earth and the spirit of God moves upon the waters. Isaiah 45:18 God did not create the earth without form and void.In Hebrew the words are a little different.... in Hebrew it would read...Genesis 1 vs. 1 In the beginning God barah heaven and earth. Barah means new and perfect without void.Genesis 2 vs. 2 The earth hatah - became notWritten in hebre. It says and the earth became without form. Hetah (Hebrew)It appears God created a perfect world and then it wasn't.What caused this? The time when Satan was cast out of Heaven and he became the God of this world. ...IICorinthians 4:4.Because he was not only in control of the Heavens 1 and 2, but the earth as well. Was there another generation? Was there prehistoric man?Isaiah 14:12-14 How art thou fallen from Heaven oh Lucifer... Oh sun of the morning?How art thou cut down to the ground?Which did weaken the nations? NATIONS WHAT NATIONS?............NATIONS WERE HERE.Nations were here. That is not after Adam & Eve.Thats before Adam & Eve.Ezekial 28:17 He is cast to the ground that the kings of the earth might behold him. KINGS? WHAT KINGS OF THE EARTH? THERE WERE KINGS OVER NATIONS.This is the Gap Theory .... God created the perfect earth Barah ...but it became without form and void Hetah.. becaue of Satans fall.The kings of the Nations obeyed him IICorinthians 4:4. KINGS OBEYED SATAN......God FLOODED THE EARTH TO DESTROY THE INHABITANTS......... We know now... If we go down to the depths of the ocean. You can find tremendous mountains and valleys.. Undoubtedly that prehistoric race is berried down there with the land shifting ... That which was land became water and water became land. Some of this is buried 7 miles down where no human can research due to pressure.One of the greatest people who study archeology.. Dr. Clarence Larking. Death and hates delivered up the dead which were in them and were judged. .. and then the Sea gave up the dead.. Why? Why did He mention the Sea?Because a few dead sailors were in there? Consider a prehistoric race is buried in the depths of ocean and they all come out from that generation and the generation from Adam ... the last 6000 years for judgment.It is a new way to look at the first two vs of Genesis..........The fall of Satan to earth is in there....................Form your own opinion......... if for nothing else........its a great story.God Bless
smile.gif

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a great story and is getting at the truth but there I do have a few problems with some of what was said. I'm a firm believer in the "gap theory" if that's what you want to call it. I hate putting names to things, though, because immediately someone says "that's not in the Bible" when they don't find the phrase "gap theory" - coincidentally I think some of these are the same people still looking for "homosexual (homosexuality)", "child rape", and so on in the Bible and won't read the good book for what it says.Anyways, I did a lesson on this where you'll find my thoughts in a nutshell on this topic (generally called the "Earth Ages") in the link below.The Earth Ages

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
Understood.............. I will refrain from in the future..........God Bless

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I didn't mean to say don't use it, but I'd carry that disclaimer when you do because it's always one of the first things I hear when I start talking to someone about it. The term "theory" also immediately can lead some to question it. I prefer "truth" because I firmly believe once you take a look at what goes on you'll see that it is indeed the truth.Please don't take me to be lecturing or anything like that.
wink.gif

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
REV. 12:10.......................... THE ACCUSEREPHESIANS 2:2................. PRINCE OF DEMONSMATTHEW 12:24 ..............CONTROLS DEMONSEPHESIANS 2’12............... POWER AND PRINCIPALITIES2 COR. 4:4 ..........................GOD OF THIS WORLDREV. 20:2.............................BINDS HIM A SHORT TIME, MATTHEW 25: 41 .............HELL IS PREPARED FOR DEVIL AND HIS DEMONS NEW TESTAMENT...............HE HAS THE ABILITY TO TEST TEMP PUNISH PEOPLE ATTRIBUTED NAMES OF SATAN.......EZEKIEL 28:14 ..............THE ANOINTED CHERUB ISAIAH 14:12 .................LUCIFERMATTHEW 4:1...............DEVIL2 COR. 4:4.......................THE GOD OF THIS WORLDREV. 12:9....................... THE OLE SERPENT Rev. 12:9-11............ SATAN. GREAT DRAGON. OLD SERPENT. DEVILEPHESIANS 2:2 ..................PRINCE OF THE POWERS OF THE AIR.I JOHN 5:18 ........................THE WICKED ONE2 COR. 11:14 .....................ANGEL OF LIGHTI PETER 5:8 ........................THE DEVIL. ROARING LIONMATHEW 13:39..................THE ENEMY MATHEW 12:24..................PRINCE OF DEMONSREV. 9:11.............................ANGLE OF THE BOTTOMLESS PITREV. 12:7.............................THE DRAGONTHIS IS WHAT HE DOES................I COR. 10:10.................... THE DESTROYERMATTHEW 4:3...................THE TEMPTERJOHN 8:44...........................THE MURDERERREV. 12:9.............................THE DECEIVERI JOHN 3:8...........................THE FIRST SINNERREV. 12:10...........................THE ACCUSER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```FALLEN ANGELS ORIGINATEDJOHN 1:13....................CHRIST MADE ALL THINGSCOL.1:6........................ALL THINGS CREATED BY GOD.REV.12:4......................DEMONS FELL. ONE THIRD OF THE STARS...JOB28:7 ......................ANGELS REFERRED TO AS STARS. REV. 1:20................... ANGELS REFERRED TO AS STARS.SATAN, CAST OUT OF THE THIRD HEAVEN OF COR.12:2THE RULER OF HEAVENS (1&2) AND EARTH, HAVING SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES.GENESIS CHAP.18 -19 SHOW ANGELS CAN MATERIALIZE.JUDE 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.FALLEN ANGELS WENT AFTER STRANGE FLESH...COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR GIANTS?JUDE1: 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great dayTHESE ANGLES ARE NOW CHAINED IN DARKNESS UNTIL JUDGMENT DAY.II PETER 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;TWO GREEK WORDS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT...DIABOLOS............................DEVILDEMORIA .............................DEMONSSOME WRONG TRANSLATIONS TO ENGLISH.........EVERY TIME YOU READ DEVILS...........CHANGE TO DEMONS............THERE IS ONLY ONE DEVIL.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEMONS HAVE INFLUENCE.............WHAT OF SICKNESS?EVERY SNIFFLE, COMMON COLD OR FLUE IS NOT A DEMONBEFORE RAPTURE:HEBREWS 9:27 EVERY ONE MUST DIE.....WE MUST ALL DIE FROM SOMETHING. UNLESS WE ARE IN AN ACCIDENT WE WILL GET SICK FROM SOMETHING THAT WILL TAKE OUR LIFE.DO WE DIE DEMON POSSESSED? SOME ILLNESS IS FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.JOHN 11:4 When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.GOD WANTS YOU TO BE BUILT UP IN THE FAITHJAMES 1:2 2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;ICOR.5:1-5 FORTIFICATION, A YOUNG MAN IN AN INCESTUOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS STEP MOTHER.5. PRAY FOR SOME DESTRUCTION OF HIS FLESH......SO THAT HIS SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CONTROLLED BY A MALICIOUS MALIGNANT DEMONIC SPIRIT:MATTHEW 9:32-33.............MENTAL INCOHERENCEMARK 5:1-20.........................CAN CAUSE INSANITYMARK 9:22............................SUICIDAL MANIASPECIAL NOTE: NOT ALL SUICIDE IS OF AN EVIL MALIGNANT SPIRIT.HEBREWS 11...... SAMSON WAS NOT DEMON POSSESSED.GOD KEPT HIS NAME LISTED AMONGST THE SAINTS.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SATAN POSSESSES A PERSON...........THE DEMONIAC MARK OF POSSESSION. MARK5:1-20.... STRENGTH, CRYING, CUTTING HIMSELF, RAVING LUNATIC,PULLING OFF HIS CLOTHES.NUDITY............. OFTEN GOES ALONG WITH DEMON POSSESSION.SKITSOPHRENICS........ DUAL PERSONALITY... FIRST WORSHIPING AND THEN, I RENOUNCE THEE.PHYSIC ABILITY...... I KNOW YOU! YOU’RE JESUS!A DEMON CONTROLLED HIS VOICE IT SPOKE THROUGH HIM:MY NAME IS LEGION. {IN THE ROMAN ARMY A LEGION IS 6000)JESUS TOUCHED HIM......JESUS HEALED HIM 15. HE IS NOW SITTING WITH HIS CLOTHES ON....WHEN YOU MEET JESUS YOU GET YOUR CLOTHES ON.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPIRIT FILLED CANNOT BE POSSESSED, YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE..LIGHT AND DARKNESS CANNOT DWELL IN THE SAME HOUSE.Ephesians 4:30 Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I TIM. 4-1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;REV9:20.............THEY REPENTED NOT REV.12:7 -12 War in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon.12. rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.REV 12:12 GREAT WRATH .......TRIBULATION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ADAM AND EVE.........SATAN: MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING.GEN. 3: 4.................. Ye shall not surely die:21 .................. the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed themA SIGN THAT THE FIRST ANIMALS KILLED AS A BLOOD ATONEMENT FOR SIN; IS IN THE COATS OF SKINS, GOD MADE FOR THEM TO WEAR.HEBREWS11:4 4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yetROM 10:17.... Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.WHERE WOULD ABLE AND CAIN HAVE HEARD THE STORY OF BLOOD ATONEMENT FOR SIN?...............THEIR PARENTS WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM OF THE GARDEN AND THE SERPENT AND THE LORD MAKING COATS OF SKINS AS ATONEMENT FOR SIN FOR THEM TO WEAR.BY FAITH.........ABEL OFFERED A BLOOD SACRIFICE..CAIN’S ATTITUDE... HE DIDN’T BELIEVE.... IF GOD DOESN’T LIKE MY VEGETABLE OFFERING HE CAN LUMP IT.......WELL HE DID.CAIN.......DID NOT BELIEVE, HE WAS IN DENIAL OF THE WORD OF GOD. HE WAS A DEMONIC AND KILLED HIS BROTHER.JOHN 8:44 ....THE DEVIL WAS A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNINGIT WAS THIS MALIGNANT SPIRIT IN CAIN FROM SATAN THAT ACTED BY KILLING.__________________________________SATAN TODAY...........TODAY THE OCCULT OFFERS COURSES OF DEGREE IN WITCHCRAFT.RENAMING THE OLD: .....TO MODERNIZE.DEMONIC POSSESSION ........................................CHANNELINGFORTUNE TELLING...................................................FUTURISTCRYSTAL BALLS......................................................CRYSTAL CHARMS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOD IS STILL THE SAME. Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.DEUT. 18:10 – 12 NO FORTUNE TELLING.....NO HOROSCOPES......NO MAGIC OR SLIDE OF HAND....NO CONSULTING WITH THE DEAD LEV.19:26 NO CLAIRVOYANT OR PHYSICDEMON INFLUENCE GREW WITH THE CHILDISH, WEE GEE BOARD.II COR.4 :4 HE (SATAN) CAN OFFER LIGHT, GOOD FEELINGS AND GOOSE PIMPLES OF AWE!I TIM.4:1 LATER TIMES.................{WE ARE IN THEM.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THROUGH IT ALL ROM.8: 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.LEV19:31............... I am the LORD your GodICOR.6:3~~~~~~ NO YE NOT THAT.............. WE SHALL JUDGE ANGLES?God Bless...LOVE123

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice list of some of the names of Satan. There are more, but I wanted to point out an important one. Satan is often called "death" and this explains many passages of the Bible where death is personified:Revelation 6:8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another important name indeed kriss, especially for understanding prophecy.Here's another biggie:Revelation 9:11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
(SwampFox)
Nice list of some of the names of Satan. There are more, but I wanted to point out an important one. Satan is often called "death" and this explains many passages of the Bible where death is personified:Revelation 6:8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
AMEN....................AND KNOWING SATAN IS DEATH..............EXPLAINS TO A READER .....AND DEATH AND DARKNESS............... OR THE LIVING THAT ARE REFERRED TO AS THE DEAD.............THEY ARE OF SATAN................NOT OF CHRIST............THE DEAD ................. ARE OF SATAN..........EXCELLENT POINT..................DEAD = SATAN............GOD BLESSLOVE123

Status
Not open for further replies.