Who is the "ONLY" True God Jesus referred to? (John 17:3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the "ONLY" True God

• A God with Three Personalities!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Satire on the Modernist Distortion of Jesus’ Human Nature
. . . and Denigration of the Reliability of Holy Scripture

The following is a satirical treatment of certain liberal theological tendencies in Christology and the study of Holy Scripture — somewhat in the style of C. S. Lewis’ Screwtape Letters. In other words, what I write in the first section, I don’t really believe. It is the opposite of the theology of the Catholic Church (with which I agree). The idea is to reduce the heterodox view of Jesus Christ and the hyper-critical approach to Holy Scripture to foolishness, by utilizing a well-known technique of classical logic, called the argumentum ad absurdum. If the reader can bear with my deliberate satire and sarcasm, later I explain precisely what I meant: the very serious underlying point I am attempting to make. The words of my debate partner shall be in blue. I modified slightly his original statements in a few instances for dramatic effect; to make the point clearer. He does not necessarily accept the views I was critiquing.

this is really funny:
A Satire on the Modernist Distortion of Jesus' Human Nature

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
It appears so.

i agree with a lot of what he says but i think he could tone it down a bit, not be so bold. maybe he is just suspended, i really dont know how they go about things here. a few sites ban without warning, this site always seemed better about fairness and censorship.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i agree with a lot of what he says but i think he could tone it down a bit, not be so bold. maybe he is just suspended, i really dont know how they go about things here. a few sites ban without warning, this site always seemed better about fairness and censorship.
Jehovah's Witlesses is a cult, they use brain washing techniques. I consider Seventh Day Adventists a cult. Cult watch organizations have these groups and many others on their list. You cannot reason with these people. They should argue with each other on their own forums. I have little patience with them. My bad.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

We do not comment if someone was banned or not. Nor would we make warnings public knowledge.

I can confirm Question's account is no longer active. Be that from his own request or from administrative action.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Jehovah's Witlesses is a cult, they use brain washing techniques. I consider Seventh Day Adventists a cult. Cult watch organizations have these groups and many others on their list. You cannot reason with these people. They should argue with each other on their own forums. I have little patience with them. My bad.
i consider the individual and what they believe rather than the group they were born into. i am a baptist but disagree with much of their ideas.

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i consider the individual and what they believe rather than the group they were born into. i am a baptist but disagree with much of their ideas.
GINOLJC, to all. @jaybird. This is correct, examine what you believe in, 1 Th 5:21 tell us to do this.
Most Christians haven't even check out what their Church covenant says that hangs on most Church walls.

Reactions: jaybird

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Catholic Church is a "Cult". Why abuse words?
Jesus was no more literally God than Moses was:

Ex 7:1- And Jehovah said to Moses, See, I have made thee God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.- Darby

Most translations do as WE do at John 1:1- use a LOWER case "god"- even though the Heb and Grk HAD no upper/.lower cases.
OR they simply ADD words such as "like" or "as".
But Darby's translation is EXACTLY how it REALLY reads, and, centuries later, God inspired Paul to make THIS comparison~

Heb 3:1- Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our Apostle and High Priest.
[No 'God-the-Apostle', or 'God-the-High-Priest']
2- He was faithful to the One who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house.

No 'Co-Equal' Fellow-Gods.
No Nameless Ghost-God .
The Only-Begotten son OF God, always faithful and loyal to the ONLY true God, Jehovah.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he wasn't really referring to himself, although the anti-trinity crowd may put their own usual spin on it to make it so. The Bible makes it very clear that in the beginning was three in heaven that are one, the Father, the son and the holy ghost. The son is the word, which was God in essence and power yet separate being WITH God who we know in the flesh as the only begotten son Jesus Christ.[/QUOT

The Bible has The Only True God Name written thousands of times in the Hebrew scriptures. The Hebrew characters YHWH have always represented the Only True God name.The Bible that Jesus and the Apostles used which was a Greek translation of the old testament had the four Hebrew consonants YHWH in it.

The prophet Isaiah quoted God himself as saying: “I am YHWH. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.”—Isaiah 42:8.