Who is the "ONLY" True God Jesus referred to? (John 17:3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the "ONLY" True God

• A God with Three Personalities!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, who is one with the Father and the Spirit. You will never figure it out. It's a mystery. We can know some things about a mystery, but nobody can know everything about a mystery. It's above our ability to reason, but it does not go against reason either.
The Hebrew word for LORD is Adonia, which means God.
first thanks for the post. second don't take this the wrong way ok, but I didn't ask you about the Lord Jesus and the Father and the spirit as one "WITH" each other. no, I was asking about separate PERSON as you claim, not being one "WITH" each other, because if you use "WITH" then you're denying your doctrine. listen, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". see if you go with the "WITH" then it's only one PERSON, which is my point. see your error by using "With".

Now, U said this, "You will never figure it out". well you're right to a point. but understand this, it was revealed to me as to the first disciples, and apostles. so there was no need for me to figure it out. and no, it's not a mystery anymore. the answer is simply "Diversity, or Offspring, meaning the same thing. listen,Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star". see that word "OFFSPRING". it's the Greek word
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
see how the KJV can translate the word, "diversity". and Philippians 2:6 describes this "Diversity", "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". now you know there is no one EQUAL "WITH" God, there's that word "WITH" again. meaning the same one. see, if the scriptures would have said, "Equal TO", then there would be a problem, because Equal to indicate a separate Person. and that's anti bible.

see, that word Form tells us how the Lord JESUS is EQUAL with God, answer, the Greek word form, it's root mean "SHARE". see how easy the answer to the Godhead is. the Lord Jesus is the Equal Share of himself in flesh. NOW MYSTERY SOLVED.

PS I can take this diversified oneness and answer any Godhead question in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation....... :cool:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Just before ascending He told them: "Go teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19).

why do you think the 12 disobeys this command?
and whats even more strange is why did they add the trinity formula to John 5 7 when the trinity formula was already in scripture in Mt 28, that makes little sense at all.

The two doctrines of the Trinity and the Incarnation are the foundation of Christian life and worship.

where does Jesus, the 12, st Paul or anyone in the scriptures say the trinity (understanding the number of natures of the Father) are the foundation of serving the Most High? im not aware of any.
however when Jesus taught on the greatest of all commandments, he gave this teaching on the foundation of the Most High being one

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Holy Spirit the mutual love between the two.

Now THAT is a NEW one!
The 'Holy Spirit/Ghost' isn't a spirit nor ghost- but LOVE!

Have you Triune Polytheists written your OWN version of the Bible, yet?
I thought this forum had a rule against knocking the Trinity....
silly me.

The Trinity dogma mocks God and all that believe in it.
Good Sign for this forum!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False Prophecies of the Watchtower Sociey

1939 "The disaster of Armageddon is just ahead" (Salvation, 361).
1941 "Armageddon is surely near . . . soon . . . within a few years" (Children, 10).
1946 "Armageddon . . . should come sometime before 1972" (They Have Found a Faith, 44).
1966 "Six thousand years from man’s creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E" (Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God, 29).
1968 "The end of the six thousand years of man’s history in the fall of 1975 is not tentative, but is accepted as a certain date" (WT, 1-1-1968, 271).

Besides false prophesies, the WTS has misled its members through countless changes in doctrine and practice...

A much longer list of such contradictions and doctrinal twists by the WTS could be formed, but this suffices to remove any reason one might have to believe that "It is through the columns of The Watchtower that Jehovah provides direction and constant scriptural counsel to his people . . . " (WT, 5-1-1964, 277). If that is the case, who is to say what will be taught tomorrow?
Stumpers for the Jehovah's Witnesses | Catholic Answers

Yes they make many blunders- as YOU just did.
Those were not prophecies they say God revealed to them, but are THEIR opinions as to what was MEANT by God's prophecies- which your churches have also done.

Reactions: jaybird

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Prov 9:10
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7

The fact you quote translations that REMOVED His name shows YOU don't have much knowledge about Him.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the deepest, the most profound of all mysteries is the mystery of the Trinity. The Church teaches us that although there is only one God, yet, somehow, there are three Persons in God.

I agree.
It IS a great Mystery!
A mystery how people can be so GULLIBLE enough to believe it.
The churches DO teach it- but not the Bible.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, who is one with the Father and the Spirit. You will never figure it out. It's a mystery. We can know some things about a mystery, but nobody can know everything about a mystery. It's above our ability to reason, but it does not go against reason either.

Thus, you don't have Eternal Life yet, since you do NOT know God. (John 17:3)
We JWs know God- and HE (Not 'They") is no Mystery to us...

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and whats even more strange is why did they add the trinity formula to John 5 7 when the trinity formula was already in scripture in Mt 28, that makes little sense at all.

You make even LESS sense, since there IS no "trinity formula" in the Bible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact you quote translations that REMOVED His name shows YOU don't have much knowledge about Him.

You know a while back on one of your threads you mentioned that his name had been removed in 7000 places. I asked you what the source of your information was but your only answer was that I should start another thread to ask the question. You hold yourself out as having so much knowledge and without seeing their hearts you rebuke them as if you were God.

You still have never answered the question and I do not plan to start a thread to ask a question. You, of course, could answer it here on this thread.

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?" Prov 30:4

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."Prov 18:10

"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:13

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's your erroneous opinion.
first thanks for the post. second don't take this the wrong way ok, but I didn't ask you about the Lord Jesus and the Father and the spirit as one "WITH" each other. no, I was asking about separate PERSON as you claim, not being one "WITH" each other, because if you use "WITH" then you're denying your doctrine. listen, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". see if you go with the "WITH" then it's only one PERSON, which is my point. see your error by using "With".

Now, U said this, "You will never figure it out". well you're right to a point. but understand this, it was revealed to me as to the first disciples, and apostles. so there was no need for me to figure it out. and no, it's not a mystery anymore. the answer is simply "Diversity, or Offspring, meaning the same thing. listen,Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star". see that word "OFFSPRING". it's the Greek word
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
see how the KJV can translate the word, "diversity". and Philippians 2:6 describes this "Diversity", "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". now you know there is no one EQUAL "WITH" God, there's that word "WITH" again. meaning the same one. see, if the scriptures would have said, "Equal TO", then there would be a problem, because Equal to indicate a separate Person. and that's anti bible.

see, that word Form tells us how the Lord JESUS is EQUAL with God, answer, the Greek word form, it's root mean "SHARE". see how easy the answer to the Godhead is. the Lord Jesus is the Equal Share of himself in flesh. NOW MYSTERY SOLVED.

PS I can take this diversified oneness and answer any Godhead question in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation....... :cool:
I stand by post #178. I don't get bound up in legalistic adjectives. I follow the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles and the Councils of the Church as far as I am capable.. The Divinity or Godhood of Christ was only finalized in 325, (Council of Nicae) and the full doctrine of the Trinity in 381. (Council of Constantinople) The dogma of the Two Natures of Christ (God and Man) (Council of Chalcedon) was proclaimed in 451 and ALL these authoritive verdicts are accepted by Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox. These decisions of General Councils of the Church were in response to challenging heresies. theQuestions' heresies were refuted in 325 AD.

The 12 obeyed the command as far as they could. To preach the gospel to all nations would have been impossible for 12 men traveling on foot to cover the earth. That's why they needed successors. I don't know anything about additions to John 5.

where does Jesus, the 12, st Paul or anyone in the scriptures say the trinity (understanding the number of natures of the Father) are the foundation of serving the Most High? im not aware of any.
That's not what I said. Where in scripture does it say that all theological and doctrinal development, practices and devotions must be found explicitly in scripture to be valid? Nowhere. It's a man made tradition.
however when Jesus taught on the greatest of all commandments, he gave this teaching on the foundation of the Most High being one
That is not contested.
Now THAT is a NEW one!
The 'Holy Spirit/Ghost' isn't a spirit nor ghost- but LOVE!Have you Triune Polytheists written your OWN version of the Bible, yet?The Trinity dogma mocks God and all that believe in it.
Good Sign for this forum! yes they make many blunders- as YOU just did.
Those were not prophecies they say God revealed to them, but are THEIR opinions as to what was MEANT by God's prophecies- which your churches have also done.The fact you quote translations that REMOVED His name shows YOU don't have much knowledge about Him.i agree.
It IS a great Mystery!A mystery how people can be so GULLIBLE enough to believe it.
The churches DO teach it- but not the Bible.
blah, blah, blah...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jaybird

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know a while back on one of your threads you mentioned that his name had been removed in 7000 places. I asked you what the source of your information was but your only answer was that I should start another thread to ask the question. You hold yourself out as having so much knowledge and without seeing their hearts you rebuke them as if you were God.

You still have never answered the question and I do not plan to start a thread to ask a question. You, of course, could answer it here on this thread.
"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?" Prov 30:4
"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."Prov 18:10
"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:13
stock-photo-brick-wall-with-an-it-s-just-like-talking-to-a-brick-wall-concept-544134820.jpg

Reactions: Helen

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
The 12 obeyed the command as far as they could. To preach the gospel to all nations would have been impossible for 12 men traveling on foot to cover the earth. That's why they needed successors. I don't know anything about additions to John 5.
i believe the 12 obeyed everything Jesus commanded. yet they did not baptize this way. something is not right with that.
the trinity formula in John 5 was a footnote that was added many years later, 1200s from what i remember, we know it was added and we know why it was added. but again something is not right, if the formula was already in Mt 28 then there would be no need to add it in the first place.

That's not what I said. Where in scripture does it say that all theological and doctrinal development, practices and devotions must be found explicitly in scripture to be valid? Nowhere. It's a man made tradition.
what else would you use for your source other than scripture?
i am fine with a church using doctrines such as the trinity. if it helps them i would not tell them to change a thing. what i do have a problem with is when someone says another is not a believer if they do not accept man made theology, especially when there are scriptures that make that theology questionable.

blah, blah, blah...
i like Q but he deserved that lol

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stand by post #178. I don't get bound up in legalistic adjectives. I follow the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles and the Councils of the Church as far as I am capable.
there is nothing legalistic here, only truth. if you follow the teaching of the Lord Jesus, then you will know that he God is one PERSON. now from reading my post if you find anything in ERROR please ask, or point it out. or if there's anything you don't understand as to what I have said already, again please ask. see, I said , "Please". not to be polite, but I'm serious about what I'm say and what I know by revelation. I just don't want you or anyone else here to be in darkness. I want you to know GOD'S TRUTH, not mine, but his. I'm offering only to help, ok.

Now just think, what if what you was taught was in ERROR, not intentionally, but by honest mistake. but, it's too late for you, because you have heard what I have posted. now it's up to you as to what you do with it.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i believe the 12 obeyed everything Jesus commanded. yet they did not baptize this way. something is not right with that.
the trinity formula in John 5 was a footnote that was added many years later, 1200s from what i remember, we know it was added and we know why it was added. but again something is not right, if the formula was already in Mt 28 then there would be no need to add it in the first place.
If there were "later additions" it would have been noticed in the 4th century. Modernist higher critics make all sorts of claims of "later additions". In John 5, Jesus talks at length of his relationship with the Father. 32 There is another who testifies on my behalf, and I know that his testimony to me is true. Hmm...Who could that be? I read John 5 three times, there is no explicit formula of "Father, Son and Holy Spirit as such. That's where hermeneutics needs to be applied.
what else would you use for your source other than scripture?
Scripture is, and always has been, the primary source for doctrine, so where in scripture does it list the books that belong in scripture? To answer that question, you have to go outside of scripture and that is a big problem for sola scripturists. Secondary sources include the Early Church Fathers and the Councils of the Church. I already named 3 Councils, which are all modeled after the Council of Jerusalem as all the councils down through history. The BIBLICAL rule of faith is Tradition, Scripture and the Magisterium. All three work together in harmony, and one is not over the other.
i am fine with a church using doctrines such as the trinity. if it helps them i would not tell them to change a thing. what i do have a problem with is when someone says another is not a believer if they do not accept man made theology, especially when there are scriptures that make that theology questionable.
Bible alone theology is man made because it is not in the Bible. It was invented by Martin Luther because he lost a debate. When you remove the Bible from Tradition and Teaching Authority that it flowed from, you get tens of thousands of conflicting teachings.

i like Q but he deserved that lol
Indeed. I won't waste my time replying to brain washed fanatics whose cults were invented in 1870. You can't deprogram in a forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
If there were "later additions" it would have been noticed in the 4th century. Modernist higher critics make all sorts of claims of "later additions". In John 5, Jesus talks at length of his relationship with the Father. 32 There is another who testifies on my behalf, and I know that his testimony to me is true. Hmm...Who could that be? I read John 5 three times, there is no explicit formula of "Father, Son and Holy Spirit as such. That's where hermeneutics needs to be applied.

1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 5:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
I stand corrected. I don't know how I could have missed it. Thank you.
But I don't think it was a later addition. Those claiming later additions are usually modernists.