Who managed to quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you quit smoking?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never started to smoke

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when it eventually comes, celebrate it with a chocolate cake, or something (would be my wife's way of celebrating, anyway...)
Yeah I think I will have some fruit...yummy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Well my wife does also like fruit flavored muffins...

(And when the year is up since you last did it, just make sure there aren't any cartons of cigarettes on the shelf somewhere, kept 'for a rainy day'; 'just in case'.)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When I gave up a 50 packet a day habit, the food craving took over and has now gone to my waist line, but that was over 31 years ago, and the food craving that developed from that time has now caused its own problems.

If you want my advice, deal with the cause of your smoking, and the quitting of the habit will be much easier without the transferring of the triggers to start a different bad habit that can be just as detrimental.

Shalom

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I gave up a 50 packet a day habit, the food craving took over and has now gone to my waist line, but that was over 31 years ago, and the food craving that developed from that time has now caused its own problems.

If you want my advice, deal with the cause of your smoking, and the quitting of the habit will be much easier without the transferring of the triggers to start a different bad habit that can be just as detrimental.

Shalom
Good advice...one of the reasons I had such a hard time quitting is because I was afraid I would gain weight.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Good advice...one of the reasons I had such a hard time quitting is because I was afraid I would gain weight.
@Heart2Soul I think this is why many women particularly wish to continue to smoke cigarettes. Historically it's been like a yo-yo; before the American Civil War, women widely smoked pipes; then in the so called Progressive Era, it was unfashionable for women to smoke at all; then after WW1, suddenly huge numbers of women took to smoking cigarettes.

Quitting is great! but you're right about the probable reason why so many women continue to want to smoke cigarettes (even if they also at a certain level also want to quit).

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well when I gave up I was as skinny as a rake handle. The triggers that caused me to smoke simply changed the cravings. The middle age spread though is nothing to worry about. It is a condition in many cases that develops when we grow older. My two sons who have not smoked, started exhibiting the signs of the middle age spread around the same time as I did.

Shalom