Who managed to quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you quit smoking?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never started to smoke

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well when I gave up I was as skinny as a rake handle. The triggers that caused me to smoke simply changed the cravings. The middle age spread though is nothing to worry about. It is a condition in many cases that develops when we grow older. My two sons who have not smoked, started exhibiting the signs of the middle age spread around the same time as I did.

Shalom
Like, circumferencially challenged? :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
113457-15847231482018.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well when I gave up I was as skinny as a rake handle. The triggers that caused me to smoke simply changed the cravings. The middle age spread though is nothing to worry about. It is a condition in many cases that develops when we grow older. My two sons who have not smoked, started exhibiting the signs of the middle age spread around the same time as I did.

Shalom
Hoping you can stay clear...or quit... as the case may be...

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The cravings manifest themselves in many forms, and this can be observed in the posts of prolific posters on this forum.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I all ready posted on this ???????

I kept trying for years to stop............. finally ,,,,, " I just told my self do I want to live on "

"or end up in a hospital dying " I finally listened to my self and it worked..........

It was not easy,,,,,, but it did work for me . I stared in my teens, and quit in my 50's......

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I all ready posted on this ???????

I kept trying for years to stop............. finally ,,,,, " I just told my self do I want to live on "

"or end up in a hospital dying " I finally listened to my self and it worked..........

It was not easy,,,,,, but it did work for me . I stared in my teens, and quit in my 50's......
@Grams Just shows it can be done! I'm sure you have been very relieved ever since... :)

It used to be before World War One that it was unfashionable (even a bit taboo) for women to smoke cigarettes, but after WW1 so many women started smoking cigarettes; it's only in the past decades that numbers have been going down again.

I reckon you wished you never started, but then years ago it was so usual, so widespread, it was just the thing that ppl did, without thinking about it, wasn't it?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh !!!!!! I thought it was cool to smoke ,,,,,,,,,,,, little did I know ?????????????

And it was 25 cents a pack,,,, back then.......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder what it is now ?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh !!!!!! I thought it was cool to smoke ,,,,,,,,,,,, little did I know ?????????????

And it was 25 cents a pack,,,, back then.......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonder what it is now ?
@Grams Soooo many ppl then thought so, didn't they? they would just do it - start doing it in their teens because it was just the thing to do...and you're right it used to cost much, much less....

Glad you were able to quit once and for all... :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Today when it's maybe not as widespread it's maybe a bit harder to understand just how big was peer pressure to smoke, when everyone did in their teens. (Still is widespread but maybe not as widespread.)
I wish I'd never started.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grams Soooo many ppl then thought so, didn't they? they would just do it - start doing it in their teens because it was just the thing to do...and you're right it used to cost much, much less....

Glad you were able to quit once and for all... :)

Thank You !
It sure was not easy.......... and now in my 80's I can't even remember any of that,,,, how I first liked it or how
I tried for so many years to stop ! Sure am glad that is all done with !!!

Reactions: farouk

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been battling an addiction to smokeless tobacco for a while. Seems like I always end up getting another can after telling myself I won't. Being in the South, it's marketed pretty heavily and is a commonly used product.