Who played Jesus the best?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
There have been many adaptations of the Life of Christ whom are some of your favorite portrayals of our Saviour and why?I liked William Defoe in the last Temptation of Christ and Christian Bale in Mary, Mother of Jesus.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
Ted Neeley. "Jesus Christ Superstar". The guy just had the look and attitude.Donnie

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Yeah but the movie was a mock from christianity and Ted neeleys an athiest. The best Ive seen is probably from the newer " gospel of John" word for word edition from 2003. of course I haven't seen many Jesus movies I prefer the real thing. ( the four gospels.)

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
(Letsgofishing;44089)
Yeah but the movie was a mock from christianity and Ted neeleys an athiest.
Could you explain that more I'm not familiar with that.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(walking4him;44095)
Could you explain that more I'm not familiar with that.
I meant to say mock of christianity. Ive put my answer on another thread as to not get in the way of this threads topic.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
The only one I have seen is "Jesus". I like it a lot, I have it. I decided not too see "Passion of Christ". because I do not like watching the cruxifiction scenes.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I second Robert Powell although Jeffrey Hunter was also good in the "King of Kings" done in the 60's. That's a classic as well. In both cases, I have to snicker when they always portray Jesus with those intense, glowing eyes as he preaches. (I am laughing at stereotypes, not the Lord)BTW, Robert Powell played in another "Messiah" movie. He played the role of Tommy's missing father---- the story of the blind-deaf and dumb "pinball wizard" kid turned Messiah based on the same rock opera by the Who.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Robert Powell tried to research for the part. But realied the only things he could find were the information in the gospels. And these did not reveal much about the person Christ.This tells me that God was trying to get the main message over that Christ was the Messiah the annointed one. The one purpose he had come for.Faithful.

myqlcb

May 7, 2008
I don't think Ungodly films like Last Temptation of Christ qualify for the "Best Jesus" actor award. Just my opinion.

heh0815

Feb 13, 2008
Have to agree, Robert Powell was really powerful, but whatever happened to him. I guess that kind of the like the guy who starred in "Passion" once you play Jesus, you probably get a bit typecast!

eliyahu

May 27, 2008
Hands down, the guy from "Lost" who played Jesus in "The Gospel of John" was the best of all of them. My mom thought he was cute though, :naughty:. After that, Jim Caviezel in "The Passion."