Who Really, Are the Jews?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the Biblical Jews?

• All Israelites of the 12 tribes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Those of the northern "kingdom of Israel"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Those of the southern "kingdom of Judah"

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Strangers in holy land only

• The Samaritans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am actually happy about that, although if I was called I would not turn it down. But in my opinion since we were made for the earth, I would honestly prefer to keep it that way. One thing is for certain, both groups will reap the ultimate happiness when Jehovah opens His hand and satisfies the desire of every living thing sir Ps 145:16

Dear, dear, Robert, Psalms 145:16 speaks of food as stated in verse 15.

Then earth you will remain and that's terrible because this earth will be destroyed and God will recreate a new heaven and earth.

All I can do is lead you to Ephesians 1:1-6 which reads:
1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2) Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5) Having predestinated us into the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is the new covenant
New Israel

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ
!

As usual your theology is based on your Catholic church.
and never on Scripture.
Romans 11:26-27 reads:
26) And so all Israel [Israel of God, Ga. 6:16] shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away al ungodliness from Jacob:
27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

To God Be The Glory

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual your theology is based on your Catholic church.
and never on Scripture.
Romans 11:26-27 reads:
26) And so all Israel [Israel of God, Ga. 6:16] shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away al ungodliness from Jacob:
27) For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

To God Be The Glory

that’s the new covenant the new Israel of God!

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Gal 4: 22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

(Holy mother church)

Christ is the king!

Isa. 9:6-7 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Holy Mother Church!
The new covenant!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Holy Mother Church!
The new covenant!

No where in Gal.4 does it stipulate there be the Holy Mother Church! You are adding to the word of God and it is contrary to Revelation 22:18.
The term "Holy Mother Church" can ONLY be found in the Catholic journals. And I don't mean "universal."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. But the "seed" you speak of are the seed [as many] of Israel, correct?
However, note that Paul said "seed" and NOT as many or all. Galatians 3:16 reads:
"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed [singular], which is Christ."
Furthermore, as a nation, Israel will NEVER recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

You cannot omit the literal 'seed' from Abraham which Paul includes in that Romans 9 Chapter...

Rom 9:7
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
KJV

Nor can you just omit... what Paul taught in the rest of that Romans 9 Chapter about the seed of Israel.

Rom 9:23-27
23 And that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As He saith also in Osee, 'I will call them My people, which were not My people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not My people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.'
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, 'Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:'
KJV

Do you not see Paul quoting from the prophet Hosea (Osee) there to Roman Gentile believers on Christ Jesus?? Who was that originally written to in the Book of Hosea? Have you ever read the Book of Hosea?

The Book of Hosea was 'specifically' written to, and about, the ten northern tribe kingdom called the "house of Israel". Judah is mentioned briefly, but only in the fact that Judah then had not fallen away from God, but Israel (ten northern tribes) had, and God was getting ready to end their northern "kingdom of Israel". Do you not know that history in The Old Testament? And if not, why not?

My point -- Paul quoted to Gentile believers a Scripture God originally gave ONLY to the ten tribes of Israel. Same thing with Romans 9:27, that specific Scripture was originally given ONLY about the ten northern tribes of Israel.

That idea of those whom God first called "not My people" in the Book of Hosea was about the ten tribe House of Israel, NOT Gentiles! (Actual meaning of "Lo-ammi" in Hosea 1 means 'not my people'. And then "Ammi" by itself means 'my people'.)

But the latter part, those to whom God originally called "not My people", and then would be called "the children of the living God", was to BOTH the "house of Israel" AND to BELIEVING GENTILES, together as One under Christ Jesus.

Is that not what actually happened historically with the Western Christian Nations? and then those sending ambassadors with The Gospel to the rest of the world?? Both scattered Israel, AND believing Gentiles, accepted Jesus Christ together, as ONE BODY under Christ Jesus. And thus in Ephesians 2, Apostle Paul used the label "commonwealth of Israel" for that joined body under Christ Jesus.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God knows who they are sir, we were talking about us being able to identify them. I know I certainly am not able to, nor is anyone I know.

That's my point though, by your own acknowledging that 'you'... don't know their identity, you seem also to think that no else knows who and where they are today too. And that simply is not true.

For this reason I showed what the writers of the Scottish Declaration of Arbroath showed how they were familiar with their heritage from old Israel, thus proving that NOT ALL of the ten tribes forgot their heritage as part of the seed of Israel.

You might want to read up on Jacob's prophecies to his 12 sons for the LATTER DAYS per the Genesis 49 Chapter. Some of us literally know where some of those have been fulfilled, and are still being fulfilled today.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where in Gal.4 does it stipulate there be the Holy Mother Church! You are adding to the word of God and it is contrary to Revelation 22:18.
The term "Holy Mother Church" can ONLY be found in the Catholic journals. And I don't mean "universal."

catholic means universal or world or all as in Lk 2:10-11 Jn 1:29 and 3:16

this refers to the new covenant church, the new or heavenly Jerusalem our true native land!

it is holy!
It is our mother!
It is the church!

holy mother church is biblical!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That idea of those whom God first called "not My people" in the Book of Hosea was about the ten tribe House of Israel, NOT Gentiles! (Actual meaning of "Lo-ammi" in Hosea 1 means 'not my people'. And then "Ammi" by itself means 'my people'.)

I suggest read Ezekiel Chapter 36. As a reminder, the Book of Ezekiel is before the Book of Hosea.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this refers to the new covenant church, the new or heavenly Jerusalem our true native land!

it is holy!
It is our mother!
It is the church!

There is ONLY ONE covenant, that is ONE GOSPEL!
Yes the church is holy, it is our mother.
But first and foremost, it is that great city, the holy Jerusalem Revelation 3:12; 21:10-14.
21:2) ..."coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But first and foremost, it is that great city, the holy Jerusalem Revelation 3:12; 21:10-14.
21:2) ..."coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

yes that’s holy mother church
New heaven and new earth!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That’s why the church is ir-reformable cos she is prepared by God!

truth is immutable! As God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed, you and I will read/interpret Scripture differently because you read the Bible like it's an ordinary book whereas, on the other hand, I read and interpret Holy Writ that: God spoke in parables and without a parable did He not speak to them [Mark 4:34]. A parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.
11) And he [Jesus] said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive;; and hearing they may hear, and not understand....

Concerning Nathaniel, John 1:47-48 reads:
47) Jesus saw Nathaniel coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
48) Nathaniel saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.

Note, that Jesus called Nathaniel a "true Israelite," that is, to say a "true believer," just as the term "fig tree" a synonym for "Israel."

Mark 13:28-29 reads:
28) Now learn the parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29) So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

If you do not understand the above please feel free to ask and we'll reason together.

To God Be The Glory
I agree, I read the Bible as one who is in tune with the Holy Spirit, before that I was thinking it was just a Book. big difference !
One who thinks it just a Book will never pick up on what it is truly and such was never written for them, for they do not have eyes to see or ears to hear.
One may study such but they are trying to get something out of it, that's all that they are about ? Religion is not a highly prized thing truly / as everyone is religious regardless, even an Atheist is religious in fact.

But Christ Jesus is the Key, outside of such one is nothing worthy of God at all, because they are Lost ! such as they are Slaves to this world.

It's good to know that you understand, you are on the right track phrase the Lord.

Reactions: JunChosen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest read Ezekiel Chapter 36. As a reminder, the Book of Ezekiel is before the Book of Hosea.

Uh, ... actually the Ezekiel 36 prophecy is NOT... prior to God giving the ten tribes the Hosea prophecies. Ezekiel 36 is about God's FINAL restoration of the ten lost tribes of Israel back to their own lands He promised their fathers. And that has NOT happened yet today. Even in the next Ezekiel 37 Chapter that same subject is continuing with the joining of the two symbolic sticks (houses) of Israel, Judah representing the Jews of the "house of Judah", and Ephraim representing the ten tribes of the "house of Israel".

So is there anything else you're confused about in Bible Scripture that you need help with?? (It's apparent you are confusing the actual subject and prophecies written in those OT Books with the order that OT Books were sequenced. You might want to look at the following chronology of the OT prophets by the 19th century Christian scholar E.W. Bullinger -- The Chronological Order of the Prophets - Appendix to the Companion Bible )

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
catholic means universal or world or all as in Lk 2:10-11 Jn 1:29 and 3:16

it is holy!
It is our mother!
It is the church!

Yes Mary is the mother of the Body of people and Christ Jesus is the Head.
Without Mary there would be no Jesus.
So Mary is the true Church foundations, that is the people of God !
Nothing to do with the RCC one may say ?

When we look at the RCC we can openly see a bastard Church ? but then again one can only see one real Church if one is truly born again, One could mention fence or two around the real true Church and all outside of any fence are not truly worthy and then within their are levels as one grows.

There is only one true Church and has only ever been one Church ! Without the Holy Spirit one does not have a Church at all.
The Church body exist regardless if it has the Holy Spirit.

Plenty accounts of the RCC Priest that were and are not worthy of Christ Jesus at all ! Just look at Pope Francis for one, he does not posses the Holy Spirit at all in fact. He is the most Carnal Pope, just like a Freemason he is, totally ! that's were he is coming from.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear, dear, Robert, Psalms 145:16 speaks of food as stated in verse 15.

Then earth you will remain and that's terrible because this earth will be destroyed and God will recreate a new heaven and earth.

All I can do is lead you to Ephesians 1:1-6 which reads:
1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2) Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5) Having predestinated us into the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

To God Be The Glory

Bible doesn't contradict sir, the "world" has been destroyed before, but not the earth, nor will it ever be according to Scripture Ps 104:5; Ecc 1:4. What will be destroyed is mans wicked society, when Jesus returns 2 Thes 1:6-9; Dan 2:44

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's my point though, by your own acknowledging that 'you'... don't know their identity, you seem also to think that no else knows who and where they are today too. And that simply is not true.

For this reason I showed what the writers of the Scottish Declaration of Arbroath showed how they were familiar with their heritage from old Israel, thus proving that NOT ALL of the ten tribes forgot their heritage as part of the seed of Israel.

You might want to read up on Jacob's prophecies to his 12 sons for the LATTER DAYS per the Genesis 49 Chapter. Some of us literally know where some of those have been fulfilled, and are still being fulfilled today.

I am glad you know them sir, but keep in mind that is an opinion. Some will agree with you, I do not, I say that no one knows who they are, at any rate those of my faith do not, but we do know who claim to be, and very likely some of them are. The Bible assures us there will be some of the Israel of God on earth when Jesus returns.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you know them sir, but keep in mind that is an opinion. Some will agree with you, I do not, I say that no one knows who they are, at any rate those of my faith do not, but we do know who claim to be, and very likely some of them are. The Bible assures us there will be some of the Israel of God on earth when Jesus returns.

Well no, it is not just 'opinion', it is Bible prophecy in God's Word, and history. The existence of the historical Christian nations is proof of it. And there is other proof also which I did not show here. But alas, for some folks, they'd rather create their 'own' prophecies which God did not give, which is like trying to create their 'own' religion.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is there anything else you're confused about in Bible Scripture that you need help with??

Although we know in part and ptophiesy in part, I don't believe I have misinterpreted Ezekiel 36, because God there, is really speaking about the "House of Israel" which included the Gentiles, as seen in the example of the woman from Canaan who was coming into this fold, whose faith Jesus said, "Be it done according as you will." [Mat. 15:22-28].
Consider John 10:16 which reads:
"Other sheep I have which are not of this fold [Jews]: them [Gentiles] also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

No I'm NOT confused!!! But???....some people throw words about without really knowing what they say.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well no, it is not just 'opinion', it is Bible prophecy in God's Word, and history. The existence of the historical Christian nations is proof of it. And there is other proof also which I did not show here. But alas, for some folks, they'd rather create their 'own' prophecies which God did not give, which is like trying to create their 'own' religion.

Yes, I do know very well who it is you're speaking about. Yeah, look in the mirror!!!