Who was Job's accuser?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, "look up" might not be mutually defined here, not sure what is meant by "look up" in this analogy?
Look up to the snake on a pole for healing= representative of Christ bearing our sins on the cross that we must look up to for healing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Look up to the snake on a pole for healing= representative of Christ bearing our sins on the cross that we must look up to for healing.
yes, healing from self-inflicted wounds, once the mechanism of how the snakes are manifested is realized. Iow this is a bridge to Christ, but it is not the best way to have faith in Christ. As "Nehushtan broken up" in 2 Kings 18 reveals. And this is revealed in other passages as well, Paul "shaking the snake from off his hand into the fire," and other reflections.

One might believe that a guy named Paul really got bitten by a literal poisonous snake, and shook it off into a fire, as long as they like. They might even "have faith" in this version of events. And still be missing the point, i guess.

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, or at least the consequences of it; the sin that manifested the snakes is a bit harder to discern.

(as is what Job was confessing to, although why i am being led to say that here is beyond me)
There is no sin manifested in the snakes, they are just an analogy representing mans fleshly nature, like the snake in the garden. As for Job, I thought the video you posted as well as Job chapt. 32 explicitly and following cleared that up quiet well.

Reactions: bbyrd009