Who was the first pope / ruler of Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ceasar was the pontifus Maximus. A title given to the height priest of the pagan cult

Its funny how the pontifus Maximus of rome became the pope of the church. And all of a sudden all these pagan rituals and rites and temples are brought into the church and called christian.
What year did this occur in my friend . That is some scary stuff . I will go look it up myself .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at Constantine, Who was ceasar of rime, and who instituted the church as the main religion of rome
Very dangerous and very deadly that was indeed . it destroyed all who became partakers of this .
We must return to the simplicty which is in Christ . To the very foundation of Christ and the prophets
and the twelve apostles . We must cling to and love that holy doctrine . Supping on every Word He ever said ,
dining on every sound word of pure and holy doctrine found in the bible whereby we may grow in grace by the power
of the indwelling Holy Ghost .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very dangerous and very deadly that was indeed . it destroyed all who became partakers of this .
We must return to the simplicty which is in Christ . To the very foundation of Christ and the prophets
and the twelve apostles . We must cling to and love that holy doctrine . Supping on every Word He ever said ,
dining on every sound word of pure and holy doctrine found in the bible whereby we may grow in grace by the power
of the indwelling Holy Ghost .
When you become a follower of men like many churches. You lose sight of what is real. Satan can decieve you without you even knowing

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you become a follower of men like many churches. You lose sight of what is real. Satan can decieve you without you even knowing
NOT IF WE HEED the SPIRIT . Believe this , JESUS KNOWS HOW TO TAKE CARE OF HIS OWN
and thus by the SPIRIT HE does warn HIS OWN to flee the evil and to heed the Good .
If any man has the Spirit he would know what i speak about .
For the SPIRIT will ring alarm bells when evil even pops into our minds .
The flesh is never gonna stop being contrary , BUT PRAISE BE TO GOD for HIS INDWELLING GRACE .
Greater is HE that is in us than the false prophets that are in the world .
JESUS KEEPS HIS LAMBS SAFE . But how safe is one gonna be , IF THEY dont CONTINUE to HEED HIS VOICE
to HEED the SPIRIT . FOLLOW THE GLORIOUS LORD and take no heed unto the flesh , nor unto men who are contrary
to GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambs will test all words a man does speak and will only bite and chew upon that which is truth .
We must not follow men , BUT CHRIST . Many are in dire and grave danger .
And thus by that same SPIRIT we must warn and remind all to learn those bibles and to flee that which is false and follow
only that which is true . GOD gives each member in the body a certain gift and those gifts are used
for one purpose , to EDIFY the body , not to destroy it through false doctrines .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the more obvious pieces of proof concerning Peter's authority lies in Paul's own testimony in Gal. 1:18. After he was personally taught by Christ for 3 years in Arabia, Paul went to Jerusalem to meet Peter. Although James also happened to be there at the time, Paul specifically stated that he was vetted by Peter for 2 weeks. Why? Because he was the lead apostle!

Peter was the lead Apostle to the Jews in Jerusalem. He was not the lead Apostle to the Gentiles in Rome.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and TEXBOW

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”'''

There it is, in plain, unmistakable language that Peter was ordained by God to be the lead apostle.
Other verses give the same authority to other Apostles, indicating no hierarchy.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we have so many letters from Paul proving his fundamental role as a ruler of Church and no evidence whatsoever that Peter was actually the first pope or at least the first ruler of Church?
Because actual church history and politics are not aligned.

The most foolish idea is that the politics of power does not apply to the religious.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same arguments, mostly the same members, striving against each other over the catholic faith, never reaching any conclusion, and it usually leads to the thread being locked because of all the HATE SPEECH! ENOUGH ALREADY!
Can we all just agree to disagree and remain respectful towards one another?
Sheesh...Father forgive them...for they know NOT what they do. :rolleyes:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mitre and the Popes vestments all go back to Dagon the fish God, I've posted a link to this somewhere before.

The Statue of St. Peter in St. Peter's Cathedral is actually a pagan statue of Jupiter that was taken from the Pantheon in Rome that use to be a pagan temple and renamed Peter.
Thank you. I was going to post on this as well but didn't get around to it yet.

Reactions: JohnPaul

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same arguments, mostly the same members, striving against each other over the catholic faith, never reaching any conclusion, and it usually leads to the thread being locked because of all the HATE SPEECH! ENOUGH ALREADY!
Can we all just agree to disagree and remain respectful towards one another?
Sheesh...Father forgive them...for they know NOT what they do. :rolleyes:
Why is speaking the truth being called hate? Anyone can twist and add to scripture to create a false religion. I don't hate Catholics, but I know their doctrine is not Biblical.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is speaking the truth being called hate? Anyone can twist and add to scripture to create a false religion. I don't hate Catholics, but I know their doctrine is not Biblical.
It's not wrong to speak the truth....it is wrong and against forum rules to bash other denominations on the forum.
We aren't here to attack but rather to fellowship.
And that is why I joined the forum....
I am not a scorner, mocker, gossiper, backbiter, or judge of another denomination....I do not approve of what is happening in churches but that includes almost all denominational churches.

And to add....in response to..."why is speaking the truth called hate"
Because it isn't being spoken in LOVE...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not wrong to speak the truth....it is wrong and against forum rules to bash other denominations on the forum.
We aren't here to attack but rather to fellowship.
And that is why I joined the forum....
I am not a scorner, mocker, gossiper, backbiter, or judge of another denomination....I do not approve of what is happening in churches but that includes almost all denominational churches.

And to add....in response to..."why is speaking the truth called hate"
Because it isn't being spoken in LOVE...
The human race is a brotherhood....all in Adam, all in Christ. From God's perspective there is a unity; he sees his erring creatures redeemed yet not all want to see it as God see's it. It is preferred by many to have those which are in and those which are out. They trust the judgement of their own senses rather than the declaration of the scriptures.

The fact that Christ is not in all does not mitigate the fact that all are in Christ.

If we think in terms of them and us we become judges, a role which has not been given, however, insisting that we can judge we do judge and we all see the resulting divisions endemic in Christian circles.

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human race is a brotherhood....all in Adam, all in Christ. From God's perspective there is a unity; he sees his erring creatures redeemed yet not all want to see it as God see's it. It is preferred by many to have those which are in and those which are out. They trust the judgement of their own senses rather than the declaration of the scriptures.

The fact that Christ is not in all does not mitigate the fact that all are in Christ.

If we think in terms of them and us we become judges, a role which has not been given, however, insisting that we can judge we do judge and we all see the resulting divisions endemic in Christian circles.
Well spoken!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because people don't like to hear the truth, so they say you are hateful for not accepting certain things that we know is not in scripture, and they will turn on you rabidly if you don't accept their ways or go with the mainstream.

You see @TLHKAJ we as Christians when we see something is not right or people are accepting of something that is against God's law, it is our job and right to point that wrong out, the person may not like it and in turn call you a hater or even try to get you banned by using terms such as you are being aggressive or hateful.

And they'll even tell you that everyone is saved and that Jesus cleared them of their sins by shedding his blood for us, even though said people are unrepentful and keep committing the same sinful acts, it doesn't work that way.

Yes we are human and bound to our Earthly emotions, but we also know right from wrong, so if we know we are committing an act that is an abomination to God then we must repent and stop, if not we are committing sin, and are not saved because we feel that as long as we are happy doing what we are doing and it feels right and good, that's all that matters.

I was baptized Catholic did all my Sacraments in the RCC, went to Church every Sunday without failure did my Catechism and everything, received Holy Communion every Sunday did my confessions with the Priest in the confessional booth and all, said my Hail Marys everything a good Catholic is supposed to do.

Then one day I was given a bible by a coworker as the RCC doesn't provide Bibles in Church or Catechism, so I had never read the Bible only the books they provide you in church and Catechism, when I started reading you can say I became woken, I started questioning things, then one day when going to RCC, about a decade ago I looked all around the church all the imagery all the statues, it was St. Anthony's day so they had people lining up to kiss the Saint's feet, I saw more Images of Mary than I did Jesus, then something that day hit me like a beam of light, I couldn't take it anymore something felt bad inside of me.

What I'm trying to say is that as Christians it is our job to point something out if we see one of our Christian brothers or sisters going down the wrong path, as my coworker did for me, if it were not for him giving me the Bible that day, I never would've read it and never would have become curious in learning the truth, and never would've seen the wrongs in the RCC, and all the rituals and idol worship that goes on.

So it's our right as Christians to say if something is wrong and not accept it or try to point our brothers and sisters in the right direction.

Yes we'll be called hateful and even accused of not being a true Christian, those who feel they are all loving and accepting of everything and tell us it is not our job to point things out or even to judge, it is they who are wrong.

Today I feel good, I thank that coworker of mine who many years ago took the time to give me a Bible and simply told me to read when I got a chance, I have repented for my wrong deeds and actions and continue to do so, because I am human and no I am not perfect and commit sin, sometimes unknowingly.

I don't hate any Christian, be they Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness you name the Christian denomination and I do not hate them, but such things as the Pope in his pagan regalia or Bishops and Priests in their fancy dress, those things need to be pointed out, that is not being hateful but trying to open the eyes of our Catholic brothers and sisters so that one day they may be awoken as I was, if they call that hate then so be it, people in Jesus' time hated him despite all the miracles and good he did, those closest to him even turned on him and denied him.

So don't feel bad if someone says you are being hateful for pointing out the truth or not accepting something that is against God's word because the masses and mainstream will persecute you for speaking out the truth and the truth in bible, that goes for the Old and New Testament, we as Christians are bound to both.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we have so many letters from Paul proving his fundamental role as a ruler of Church and no evidence whatsoever that Peter was actually the first pope or at least the first ruler of Church?
The only ruler of the church is Jesus.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Vid

May 12, 2021
France
stephanepautrot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
It is dangerous to have one person in charge, If that one person gets off track, no one can keep him or her in check. And what you have in an infiltration of that persons beliefs into the system of the church your trying to build.
So why did Paul become so important? Why does everyone seem to give him so much importance although:
  1. Paul never met Jesus
  2. of the twelve, Paul only met Peter and James during a two week stay in Jerusalem (he later met Peter again during the Antioch incident and, of course, he was found in Judas' house after Jesus' crucifixion, that's where a true disciple of Christ would stay, obviously...)
  3. the only one saying Paul was appointed by Jesus is Paul himself. No one ever confirmed that allegation

Status
Not open for further replies.