Who were the sons of God mentioned in Genesis 6?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
by Pastor Jeromy John Visser
(Introduction:)​
Cherubim have the ability to entice women like Eve and this was not only taught by Jesus and John but also by several "early church fathers" like Tertullian (1a), Justin Martyr (2b) and Irenaeus (3c).​
lies.gif
ECF were corrupted by Greek and Roman mythology. Avid unbiased Bible Students should understand the many gods worshipped today came in through false brethren. Gal 2:4

Israelsson

Israelsson
Sep 18, 2011
Down here in Satan's kingdom (Earth)
Very true, for the most part. Tertullian, Justin Martyr, and Iranaeus though, were far from pagan. Tertullian is highly respected as a scholar, and many scholars today use his works to base their understanding of scripture.

Many of the false gods of the Greeks were originated in the stories found in our scripture.A decent study into greek mythology will provide many examples of how the Greeks understood our scripture. This is why Paul wrote a letter to the Israelites in Corinth, they were still clinging that apostasy. Where do you think the Romans and the Greeks got their beliefs. Israelites that had 'lost' their Identity, perhaps?

Stories of twins having animosity towards one another, perhaps they were taking the "Elohiym" too literally. All I know is that according to Enoch, these 'sons of God' were fallen angels. Enoch was considered canon until recently, and the disciples were well versed in the writings.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Very true, for the most part. Tertullian, Justin Martyr, and Iranaeus though, were far from pagan.

Far from pagan
excuseme.gif

Tertullian is perhaps one of the most famous pro trinitrian scholars on record - did you know his work on the trinity is some of the oldest discovered works?

Pagan through and through, as he based his work on Plato (heathen Greek gainsayer!) and need I say more?

By the way, do you know where many of these so called intellectuals ended up?

Insight

Israelsson

Israelsson
Sep 18, 2011
Down here in Satan's kingdom (Earth)
Far from pagan
excuseme.gif

Tertullian is perhaps one of the most famous pro trinitrian scholars on record - did you know his work on the trinity is some of the oldest discovered works?

Pagan through and through, as he based his work on Plato (heathen Greek gainsayer!) and need I say more?

By the way, do you know where many of these so called intellectuals ended up?

Insight
I didn't realize that about the trinity, but the way I see it is that Yahweh God is all things. While the Son is not the Father, and the Holy Spirit is neither of them, but they are all One in the Father right?

And no i don't , please enlighten me on where they ended up.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
I didn't realize that about the trinity, but the way I see it is that Yahweh God is all things. While the Son is not the Father, and the Holy Spirit is neither of them, but they are all One in the Father right?

And no i don't , please enlighten me on where they ended up.

Very good Israel

Well history records that Plato (400BC) populized Egyptian doctrines especially immortality of the soul. Many of the scholars who praise him today think he was the brightest of all the Greek Philosophers and had the most influence on Christian teaching than any other man! In fact the entire pagan system today is established on his teachings and not the Apostles, incredible how much of Plato is in the minds of those in this forum.

But where dud Plato scholars flourish?

The Catholic Church so where ever you see the word “orthodox” rest assured Plato’s Egyptian teachings are firmly taught within. If you research the earliest Christians around 3[sup]rd[/sup] century you will find they fought to the death these heathen philosophies and many of them became martyrs.

Of course eventually the Church grab hold of these “ideas” and were able to win many converts through the bring together of Paganism and Christianity.

Go and read about Origen, while he had many false beliefs he spoke out against the trinity even influencing a movement around 200-250 AD although eventually his ideas were discounted by more prominent scholars.

Here is a task for you to consider.

If you go into Wikipedia and research all of these Greek Philosophers turned Christian theologians you will find the footnotes will be full of Catholic works expounding these men. The many books and works written by the RCC is astounding and even today they reference them in their works as teaching truth, even though they openly reveal their works to be grounded in Egyptian, Greek & Roman Philosophy.

Insight

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good Israel

Well history records that Plato (400BC) populized Egyptian doctrines especially immortality of the soul. Many of the scholars who praise him today think he was the brightest of all the Greek Philosophers and had the most influence on Christian teaching than any other man! In fact the entire pagan system today is established on his teachings and not the Apostles, incredible how much of Plato is in the minds of those in this forum.

But where dud Plato scholars flourish?

The Catholic Church so where ever you see the word “orthodox” rest assured Plato’s Egyptian teachings are firmly taught within. If you research the earliest Christians around 3[sup]rd[/sup] century you will find they fought to the death these heathen philosophies and many of them became martyrs.

Of course eventually the Church grab hold of these “ideas” and were able to win many converts through the bring together of Paganism and Christianity.

Go and read about Origen, while he had many false beliefs he spoke out against the trinity even influencing a movement around 200-250 AD although eventually his ideas were discounted by more prominent scholars.

Here is a task for you to consider.

If you go into Wikipedia and research all of these Greek Philosophers turned Christian theologians you will find the footnotes will be full of Catholic works expounding these men. The many books and works written by the RCC is astounding and even today they reference them in their works as teaching truth, even though they openly reveal their works to be grounded in Egyptian, Greek & Roman Philosophy.

Insight

if you will notice that when this started happening that the signs, miracles, and wonders were ceasing to exist. Iranaeus and hippolytus who were early church fathers talk about how false doctrine started to get into the church and was corrupting what was the message of the word. if what you say is true and i have no reason to dispute it then these philosophers/scholars could be one of the main reasons for the false teachings. look at the word today? where are are the signs, miracles, and wonders? these should be part of our daily life and not just some random occurrence. where did the saying come from that says healing is not for today or the thinking that the holy spirit is not for this day and age(this is actually being preached)? it happens because people have translated the bible in man's understanding instead of asking God what is meant. we need to get back to what God has for us and get rid of the traditions man has incorporated. i'm not asking where all your beliefs are but only about 8% of christians are willingly and obediently following God no matter what. that is not very good and shows that there are still things we need to do to mature so we can take the necessary steps to be grow where it is needed so we can be used to the utmost by God.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
if you will notice that when this started happening that the signs, miracles, and wonders were ceasing to exist. Iranaeus and hippolytus who were early church fathers talk about how false doctrine started to get into the church and was corrupting what was the message of the word. if what you say is true and i have no reason to dispute it then these philosophers/scholars could be one of the main reasons for the false teachings. look at the word today? where are are the signs, miracles, and wonders? these should be part of our daily life and not just some random occurrence. where did the saying come from that says healing is not for today or the thinking that the holy spirit is not for this day and age(this is actually being preached)? it happens because people have translated the bible in man's understanding instead of asking God what is meant. we need to get back to what God has for us and get rid of the traditions man has incorporated. i'm not asking where all your beliefs are but only about 8% of christians are willingly and obediently following God no matter what. that is not very good and shows that there are still things we need to do to mature so we can take the necessary steps to be grow where it is needed so we can be used to the utmost by God.

These doctors of religion had well and truly been corrupted in their time. They learned from their Church Fathers who passed on the many false teachings turning away for the Yahweh of Abraham to their many books.

These doctors were distinguished for their learning and extrapolation of sacred works in the same manner as Origen on whom they fixed their eyes. They were all bound by the principles of philosophy which they learned in their youth at school, the Platonic philosophy as corrected and repackaged by Origen as truth.

The truth about modern Christianity and its awful roots can be further seen by reading about http://en.wikipedia....egory_Nazianzen *Gregory Nazianzen. Another hallowed theologian who among the Greeks and Augustine were held in the highest regard, in fact the Christian believers of their age sought to pattern their lives on such scholarly men, all of whom can be seated next to Origen in their pursuits.

These 7Angels among many others are the CF’s, elders of modern Christianity who based their beliefs on Egyptian philosophy so now true Christians contend with such evil doctrines as the *Trinity, immortal soulism, heaven going, hell going, satanic doctrines of demonic spirits and devils, many gods, hundreds if not thousands of false gods are believed upon as a result of their teachings! Deut 6:4 cmp Mark 12:28,28,30,31 & Luke 3:21,22
thinking-020.gif

Oh and it happens to be that they also loved Plato.

Insight

SummaScriptura

Dec 12, 2008
My op have made it clear that the sons of God were not fallen angels but neither were they people who were filled with God's spirit as Noah and other men of God were. And by the way, the world is now in the same state as it was when God decided to bring the flood on the Earth.
In that case why did you place a "?" in the title of this thread. You should have stated "I know who were the sons of God mentioned in Genesis 6!"