Whoever doesn’t come up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, to keep the feast of tabernacles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing! I did not know this. I know very little (next to nothing) about the tribes. I’ve been blamed before for wanting a passive God that lets everything slide. I don’t think (Imo) God let slide what the brothers did to Joseph (throwing him in a pit, and selling him)
Years ago, I studied the tribe of Dan, but many of my notes have been misplaced. I asked preachers and Bible teachers, but they usually also had few or inadequate answers. I remember looking to the blessings/prophecies given by Jacob and Moses for each of the tribes. No clear answer came to me, but of course what the scripture does reveal about Dan and worship of calves and other incidents in scripture tell us a lot... if we are able to understand it all.

Jud 18:24And he said, Ye have taken away my gods which I made, and the priest, and ye are gone away: and what have I more? and what is this that ye say unto me, What aileth thee?
Jud 18:25And the children of Dan said unto him, Let not thy voice be heard among us, lest angry fellows run upon thee, and thou lose thy life, with the lives of thy household.
Jud 18:26And the children of Dan went their way: and when Micah saw that they were too strong for him, he turned and went back unto his house.
Jud 18:27And they took the things which Micah had made, and the priest which he had, and came unto Laish, unto a people that were at quiet and secure: and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and burnt the city with fire.
Jud 18:28And there was no deliverer, because it was far from Zidon, and they had no business with any man; and it was in the valley that lieth by Bethrehob. And they built a city, and dwelt therein.
Jud 18:29And they called the name of the city Dan, after the name of Dan their father, who was born unto Israel: howbeit the name of the city was Laish at the first.
Jud 18:30And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land.
Concerning Joseph where all his brothers come into worship Joseph at the end. Joseph says (if I remember correctly) to not worship him but to worship God instead. What about their bowing down before Jospeh? To worship him.
Joseph wept knowing his brothers while they do not know him. I’m only sharing what little I do know about the tribes… To me it doesn’t end there …where the brothers suffer nothing for what they did to their brother. It is the Tribes that show (possibly) each went away into bondage as they had also sent their brother into bondage. Yet, what they meant for evil God means for good. Does that make sense?

God has always had a very complete plan, a vision for us, if you will. His vision, of course, is flawless, perfect. What is ours?
Ge 49:16Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
Ge 49:17Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Ge 49:27Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.
Ge 50:20But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
Ge 50:21Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
Pr 29:18Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

So, we like David, keep on keeping on...

Ps 13:1How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

Ps 27:8When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

What answers do we have? What answers do we need?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the main point of those nations not coming up to worship in that future... time is to show how that will still not be God's new heavens and a new earth time. In the new heavens and earth time, God's eternity, there won't be anymore rebellion.
Hebrews 2:7-8 You made him a little lower than the angels; You crowned him with glory and honour, and did set him over the works of thy hands: [8] You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless there be a great falling away first?
I don't want to go too deep with you, but feel free to ask if you don't understand something.

The tribe of Dan per Old Testament history was the first tribe of Israel to fall away to IDOL worship. See Judges 18.

There are prophecies God gave about Ephraim which I am fairly certain are for the end, pointing to their falling away.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pointing to their falling away.
Is to “fall away”
Or unless a “falling away” must come first
Connected to: brother against brother; brother hating brother?
Seems to be “brother against brother” for there is no bond Colossians 3:13-14 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do you. 14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Have you ever wondered where the Lambs Book of Life is? Where “those names” are written In the Book of Life? Is the Book of Life that which is written by the Spirit of God on the heart? Is God the only One who knows the names written in the Lambs book of Life; knowing what names are there in the hearts of many?

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [3] Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ (the Lambs book of Life) ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Why does that matter? Just wondering where the Lambs book of Life is written that
Luke 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Why does it matter? Don’t we all hope our names will be found written in the Lambs book of Life? Definitely don’t want to be blotted out.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago, I studied the tribe of Dan, but many of my notes have been misplaced. I asked preachers and Bible teachers, but they usually also had few or inadequate answers. I remember looking to the blessings/prophecies given by Jacob and Moses for each of the tribes. No clear answer came to me, but of course what the scripture does reveal about Dan and worship of calves and other incidents in scripture tell us a lot... if we are able to understand it all.

Jud 18:24And he said, Ye have taken away my gods which I made, and the priest, and ye are gone away: and what have I more? and what is this that ye say unto me, What aileth thee?
Jud 18:25And the children of Dan said unto him, Let not thy voice be heard among us, lest angry fellows run upon thee, and thou lose thy life, with the lives of thy household.
Jud 18:26And the children of Dan went their way: and when Micah saw that they were too strong for him, he turned and went back unto his house.
Jud 18:27And they took the things which Micah had made, and the priest which he had, and came unto Laish, unto a people that were at quiet and secure: and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and burnt the city with fire.
Jud 18:28And there was no deliverer, because it was far from Zidon, and they had no business with any man; and it was in the valley that lieth by Bethrehob. And they built a city, and dwelt therein.
Jud 18:29And they called the name of the city Dan, after the name of Dan their father, who was born unto Israel: howbeit the name of the city was Laish at the first.
Jud 18:30And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land.

God has always had a very complete plan, a vision for us, if you will. His vision, of course, is flawless, perfect. What is ours?
Ge 49:16Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
Ge 49:17Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Ge 49:27Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.
Ge 50:20But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
Ge 50:21Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
Pr 29:18Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

So, we like David, keep on keeping on...

Ps 13:1How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

Ps 27:8When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

What answers do we have? What answers do we need?
Thanks again for sharing. I don’t know. I don’t know what answers we have, or what answers we need. For me I need to know and hear His Voice and maybe waste too much time reading to hear just a glimpse of it here and there. I forget easily. And need reminding often. I start to doubt and forget any goodness or hope or purpose. For me it is those small things that no I don’t understand about Benjamin or as you brought up Dan…the connection for me though is how nothing seems “out of context” but how it all is in His complete plan. Benjamin …reminded me of God saying over and over how His hand was reaching out still for Israel. I can’t put it into words but if that is true for the tribe of Benjamin, or for Dan…it could be true yesterday, today, and tomorrow for all the nations; because God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Reactions: amadeus

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is to “fall away”
Or unless a “falling away” must come first
Connected to: brother against brother; brother hating brother?
Seems to be “brother against brother” for there is no bond Colossians 3:13-14 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do you. 14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
There's 2 basic ideas about 'falling away'. One is like in 2 Timothy 3:8 with those who become "... reprobate concerning the faith." To Biblically be a reprobate under The New Covenant means to reject the Faith, yet try to show some form of godliness. Really need to read all of that section by Apostle Paul, like 2 Timothy 3:1-9. The Hebrews 6:4-8 example can be seen as another example of a reprobate mind, because to have at one time been shown by The Holy Spirit powers of the world to come, and then later reject that, means being without excuse, and thus a reprobate mind.

Then there's the "falling away" of 2 Thessalonians 2 that Paul warned about for the end of this world. Paul used the Greek word 'apostasia' for "falling away" there. It is a different example of falling away from the Faith.

It is about being deceived into bowing to that 'man of sin' there, which is to come working those signs and lying wonders and play God in a stone temple in Jerusalem. The parallel Scripture to that coming false one to Jerusalem for the end is given with Christ's warning in Matthew 24:23-26 about a pseudo-Christ, and again, the "man of sin" Paul was describing. That will be the Antichrist that is to come and play Christ in Jerusalem for the end. So a Christian that becomes deceived by that false one, thinking that one is our Lord Jesus Christ having come, and bows to that false one instead, that... is specifically how Apostle Paul's "falling away" is meant, for it is tied to that "man of sin" playing God in Jerusalem.

A simple way to 'know' that false one appearing in Jerusalem and everyone claims that is God, or The Christ, is this---- If you are still alive on earth then, and you are not immediately 'changed' to the "spiritual body" that Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15, then you 'know' that one is NOT our Lord Jesus Christ. So WAIT for Jesus and don't be deceived! Simple as that. (On the day when Jesus comes, those of us still alive will be changed at the twinkling of an eye, and be "caught up" to Jesus coming in the clouds.)

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [3] Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ (the Lambs book of Life) ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Why does that matter? Just wondering where the Lambs book of Life is written that
Luke 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Why does it matter? Don’t we all hope our names will be found written in the Lambs book of Life? Definitely don’t want to be blotted out.
Not sure of your question. We don't have to look at a Book as being some literal ledger sitting next to God's Throne, but it could be, who knows. What matters is that God knows who is who, and every work a person has done, and especially, whether or not they accept or reject Him and His Son and The Holy Spirit. And by that, all will be measured.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's 2 basic ideas about 'falling away'.
You said “2 basic ideas about ‘falling away’.”
I don’t see two ideas but one. The one idea being: “offended” the falling away from the Faith being “brother against brother”. What did the Pharisees do when “offended”?

One is like in 2 Timothy 3:8 with those who become "... reprobate concerning the faith." To Biblically be a reprobate under The New Covenant means to reject the Faith, yet try to show some form of godliness.
“Reject the Faith”
“Having a form of godliness”
…still “having a form of godliness …that form is “offended” and falls away “brother against brother.

Then there's the "falling away" of 2 Thessalonians 2 that Paul warned about for the end of this world. Paul used the Greek word 'apostasia' for "falling away" there. It is a different example of falling away from the Faith.
Imo still not a different idea but the same idea of “brother against brother”. ‘apostasia

So a Christian that becomes deceived by that false one, thinking that one is our Lord Jesus Christ having come, and bows to that false one instead, that... is specifically how Apostle Paul's "falling away" is meant, for it is tied to that "man of sin" playing God in Jerusalem.

“Playing God”
“Having a form of godliness”
two different ideas or the same idea?
play God in a stone temple
Imo, the falling away is always connected to “a stone temple” even in the parable Jesus Christ gave in Mark 4:15-17 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan comes immediately, and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. [16] And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; [17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

For a season they endure
When affliction or persecution rise for the word’s sake …they are offended. What do you think happens? Especially “hated”. Do they continue offended or fall away from the Faith?

“Play God in a stone temple”
“having a form of godliness”
apostasia
how many times did Jesus speak of brothers against brothers? Once I can think of in “Love God. the other is (not a new idea but the same as the first), love your brother.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A simple way to 'know' that false one appearing in Jerusalem and everyone claims that is God, or The Christ, is this---- If you are still alive on earth then, and you are not immediately 'changed' to the "spiritual body" that Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15, then you 'know' that one is NOT our Lord Jesus Christ.
That is profound. Paraphrasing what I heard you say here.: If you want to know whether the one everyone claims is God, is false? if you are not immediately ‘changed’ to the “spiritual body” then you will know it is false.
2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
in case you wonder why bring up 2 Peter 2:19? It was with what you said about how to tell what is false.

How many times did Jesus give also another way you can tell? “he who hates his brother is a murderer.”

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said “2 basic ideas about ‘falling away’.”
I don’t see two ideas but one. The one idea being: “offended” the falling away from the Faith being “brother against brother”. What did the Pharisees do when “offended”?
If you don't see more than one case, then you're not studying all your Bible. What do you think about the example I gave with 2 Timothy 3:8 about 'reprobates' per Apostle Paul? That's an example of 'falling away', but it is NOT the same falling away event of 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 that is caused by the coming of the false-Messiah at the 'end' of this world. Sharpen up and study your Bible.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is profound. Paraphrasing what I heard you say here.: If you want to know whether the one everyone claims is God, is false? if you are not immediately ‘changed’ to the “spiritual body” then you will know it is false.
2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
in case you wonder why bring up 2 Peter 2:19? It was with what you said about how to tell what is false.
That is the easiest way to know the coming false-Messiah for the end is a fake. Those in Christ will be 'changed' to their "spiritual body" ONLY when Lord Jesus Christ comes.

A problem with many brethren though, is they don't understand about Apostle Paul's change to the "spiritual body" on the "last trump", per 1 Corinthians 15. That is a subject that is pretty much omitted in teaching by most Churches today.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about the example I gave with 2 Timothy 3:8 about 'reprobates' per Apostle Paul? That's an example of 'falling away', but it is NOT the same falling away event of 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 that is caused by the coming of the false-Messiah at the 'end' of this world. Sharpen up and study your Bible.
It might help me give a response to “what do you think about the example I gave with 2 Timothy 3:8 about ‘reprobates’ per Apostle Paul? That’s an example of ‘falling away’, but it is NOT the same falling away event of 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 that is caused by the coming of the false-Messiah at the ‘end’ of this world.”

If I can understand better how you see it; it might help. Do you think Mark 4:16-17 also gives an example of ‘falling away’? In a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky [places] who, when they hear the word immediately receive it with joy; and they have no [firm] root in themselves, but are [only] temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

If you do see Mark 4 16-17 as an example of ‘falling away’; Is it an example of 2 Timothy 3:8 or 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4? Also when Jesus Christ said to them you must eat my flesh and drink my blood; some was offended and went away. he turned to his disciples asking “will you go away also”…is this an example of ‘falling away’: many became offended and left him? Is it more toward 2 Timothy 3:8 or Thessalonians 2:3-4.

You will most likely say I’m taking “out of context” what isn’t connected, but have you ever notice how close the parable of the seed in the sower in Mark is to the parable told to the Lawyer willing to justify himself about the man who fell among thieves? How similar the the seed sown along the road is; to the man beside the road who is beaten, stripped of his clothing, wounded, and left half-dead by thieves? A priest looks at the man beaten, stripped of his clothing, wounded and left half-dead, but doesn’t see the man passing…by on the other side of the road. He hears but doesn’t hear; not moved with compassion in his inward parts.. A Levite also “looks” on the man beaten, stripped of his clothing, wounded and left half-dead but doesn’t see nor perceive, passing by on the other side of the road. the Lawyer willing to justify himself asked “who is my neighbor?” The Samaritan looks on the man beaten, stripped of his clothing, wounded and left half-dead; the Samaritan and sees and hears being “moved with compassion”. he cares for the one beside the road side taking him to an inn, and says to the innkeeper “what more you spend for this man.” “I will repay when I return.” Compare that to Paul’s words “I will gladly spend and be spent for you.” With the parable where “that sown on good ground” …one increases.(which increase between the priest, the Levite and the Samaritan?) Both parables given by Jesus Christ has to do with seeing and hearing. What did the Samaritan see and hear… That the priest and the Levite did not? I’ve always heard and been taught the mystery of the kingdom of “seeing” and “hearing” is all about hidden knowledge of “events”. Of being right. About raptures. About end-times. But then what did the Samaritan see and hear when he “looked” on the man beaten, wounded, stripped of his clothing and left half-dead by side of the road that the priest and the Levite proved to turn away from?

Jesus then asks the Lawyer “which do you think proved to be neighbor to the one that fell among thieves?” You may ask “what does that have to do with the falling away”? Deafness? The point is I’m not debating the timing of an event…I’m only saying more and more every ‘event’ or teaching of Christ …I don’t see the main point as being about the timing but the fruit. he was always teaching about brothers.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I can understand better how you see it; it might help. Do you think Mark 4:16-17 also gives an example of ‘falling away’? In a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky [places] who, when they hear the word immediately receive it with joy; and they have no [firm] root in themselves, but are [only] temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.
You're using one of the modern NT versions that changes meanings in many places. The falling away of 2 Thess.2 is Greek 'apostasia' (apostacy). The Greek word for apostasy ("falling away") is not in that Mark 4 example. It's the word scandalizo (stumble). There are many that stumble at The Word of God, but that doesn't mean they give up their Faith. To be an 'apostate' is to rebel, to reject what one at one time believed (i.e., the 2 Timothy 3:8 and 2 Thess.2:3-4 examples.)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're using one of the modern NT versions that changes meanings in many places. The falling away of 2 Thess.2 is Greek 'apostasia' (apostacy). The Greek word for apostasy ("falling away") is not in that Mark 4 example. It's the word scandalizo (stumble). There are many that stumble at The Word of God, but that doesn't mean they give up their Faith. To be an 'apostate' is to rebel, to reject what one at one time believed (i.e., the 2 Timothy 3:8 and 2 Thess.2:3-4 examples.)
Do you mean a modern translation for mark 4:16-17 ? In a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky [places] who, when they hear the word immediately receive it with joy; and they have no [firm] root in themselves, but are [only] temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

That is from Lexicon

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are confusing me. Does the falling away have to do with brother rising up against brother? Because I am truly missing the point. For example when God turns them over to a reprobate mind…what mind rebels, rejects, hates, back-bites, gossips, slanders, falsely accuses, imprisons, gnashes with teeth and is offended…what see you don’t throw a stumbling block before the blind? What is to be ‘apostate’ to rebel, to reject? To reject, rebel what? think of the parable of: who continue for a season but become offended and fall way? Did they receive with joy immediately what was sown but then stumble? Is that not to fall away? What of the man beaten, wounded, stripped of his clothing and left beside the road half-dead? What offense does he have for the word when a priest passes by and walks on the other side. Then a Levite passes by also, who looks, and then walks on the other side of the road. Affliction. Persecution. Many even here on the board will say they have been persecuted but the one on the side of the road passed up by a priest and a Levite may say he has been afflicted and persecuted not only by thieves but also those who passed by and where void of compassion. Is it any wonder why people hate “Christians” so much? Offended saying things like they snubbed their noses when I tried to ask for help and was in pain….they just keep walking past?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean a modern translation for mark 4:16-17 ? In a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky [places] who, when they hear the word immediately receive it with joy; and they have no [firm] root in themselves, but are [only] temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

That is from Lexicon
Sorry, but the phrase 'falling away' is not there in Mark 4:17 in the original New Testament Greek. Look at your Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, and lookup NT:4624.

A Lexicon is a dictionary, not a New Testament Bible version. The Strong's above is a type of Lexicon because it has the definitions of all the manuscript words used for the 1611 KJV Bible.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are confusing me. Does the falling away have to do with brother rising up against brother? Because I am truly missing the point. For example when God turns them over to a reprobate mind…what mind rebels, rejects, hates, back-bites, gossips, slanders, falsely accuses, imprisons, gnashes with teeth and is offended…what see you don’t throw a stumbling block before the blind? What is to be ‘apostate’ to rebel, to reject? To reject, rebel what? think of the parable of: who continue for a season but become offended and fall way? Did they receive with joy immediately what was sown but then stumble? Is that not to fall away? What of the man beaten, wounded, stripped of his clothing and left beside the road half-dead? What offense does he have for the word when a priest passes by and walks on the other side. Then a Levite passes by also, who looks, and then walks on the other side of the road. Affliction. Persecution. Many even here on the board will say they have been persecuted but the one on the side of the road passed up by a priest and a Levite may say he has been afflicted and persecuted not only by thieves but also those who passed by and where void of compassion. Is it any wonder why people hate “Christians” so much? Offended saying things like they snubbed their noses when I tried to ask for help and was in pain….they just keep walking past?
I don't see how I could be confusing you. To leave what one once believed in our case as Christians means one that leaves the Faith.

Did you not read the 2 Timothy 3 example I gave??

2 Tim 3:1-9
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
KJV

And what's kind of sad, is that there are several of those types above surrounding you right now meaning to have you turn to Satan by their false doctrines, and you are not aware of it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but the phrase 'falling away' is not there in Mark 4:17 in the original New Testament Greek. Look at your Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, and lookup NT:4624.
How about the word sown in stone
Or being temporary
Is that not there either?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you not read the 2 Timothy 3 example I gave??
Yes I read it. And the one also from Thessalonians 2:3-4.

Can you post the version you read or feel is more correct for Mark 4:16-17

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the word sown in stone
Or being temporary
Is that not there either?
I showed you the Greek word 'apostasia' (falling away) is not there, not in any of Christ's explanation of His sower parable.

Being an 'apostate' or 'reprobate' is a whole lot more serious than simply being deceived. A Christian that is deceived does not realize it until it is either too late, or someone comes to help them out of the deception.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I read it. And the one also from Thessalonians 2:3-4.

Can you post the version you read or feel is more correct for Mark 4:16-17
No, I will not. You need to learn how to do your own Bible study, so I recommend that you go to biblesoft.com and download their FREE "One Touch" app. It has many Bible study tools that you need, including many different Bible versions.