Whoever doesn’t come up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, to keep the feast of tabernacles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless I’m wrong a teaching I grew up hearing said this “going up to worship” will be in the future of those that won’t go up to worship the King, the Lord of Host, to keep the feast of tabernacles”
Hmm…I can think of no way this makes sense unless the teaching you heard as a child was someone talking about worshiping in the high places or burning incense on the high places? In that case, going up and the high places have very different meanings.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm…I can think of no way this makes sense unless the teaching you heard as a child was someone talking about worshiping in the high places or burning incense on the high places? In that case, going up and the high places have very different meanings.
You said “I can think of no way this makes sense unless the teaching you heard as a child was someone talking about worshiping in the high places or burning incense on the high places? In that case, going up and the high places have very different meanings.”

…unless the teaching you heard as a child. This that Davy shared is what I heard as a child about going up. Concerning the thousand year reign of Christ. Unless I misunderstood it is his belief that Zechariah 14:16-27 speaks of going up to worship before the King during the thousand year reign. And again, what will happen if they don’t go up to worship.

Zech 14:16-17
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
KJV

That is for AFTER... Christ's future return. So what time is that? It is the time of Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20. Lord Jesus is going to reign 1,000 years over all nations directly, with His elect, at His future return. And then The Great White Throne Judgement will happen, to see who wants to live with Him and The Father for eternity.

So will all nations agree during that 1,000 years? NO! Sadly, no.

All nations WILL bow to Jesus Christ as King of kings, and Lord of lords. But not all nations in that future time will be willing to come up to Jerusalem from year to year to worship Him, and keep an old Jewish feast that God gave the Israelites (i.e., the Feast of Tabernacles).

What did our Heavenly Father want to show us by that future event?

It is to show that even during Christ's future 1,000 years reign over all nations, some are still... going to REBEL against Him.

But also where (I think) I’ve heard it also is from @Episkopos when talking about also a future outer darkness. I’m not saying he said it, nor that I’m not wrong but back then the conversations about being cast out into outer darkness, also spoke of not going up before the king to worship, but instead put out in outer darkness. Either gives a perspective of what lies ahead which was why I was interested in what happened to Benjamin when that tribe didn’t go up to worship. That was all. It was only questions. I can’t tell you how I’ve formed my opinions over the years but only shared things that have had an influence…things I question now.

Another example of things I heard as a child.

Zechariah 14:12 Their Flesh Shall Consume Away​

The Bible describes many terrible events that will occur during the final days of this world’s history. One verse, Zechariah 14:12, presents a particularly fearful-sounding representation of the final fate of the lost:

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.” (Zech 14:12)

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said “I can think of no way this makes sense unless the teaching you heard as a child was someone talking about worshiping in the high places or burning incense on the high places? In that case, going up and the high places have very different meanings.”

…unless the teaching you heard as a child. This that Davy shared is what I heard as a child about going up. Concerning the thousand year reign of Christ. Unless I misunderstood it is his belief that Zechariah 14:16-27 speaks of going up to worship before the King during the thousand year reign. And again, what will happen if they don’t go up to worship.

But also where (I think) I’ve heard it also is from @Episkopos when talking about also a future outer darkness. I’m not saying he said it, nor that I’m not wrong but back then the conversations about being cast out into outer darkness, also spoke of not going up before the king to worship, but instead put out in outer darkness. Either gives a perspective of what lies ahead which was why I was interested in what happened to Benjamin when that tribe didn’t go up to worship. That was all. It was only questions. I can’t tell you how I’ve formed my opinions over the years but only shared things that have had an influence…things I question now.

The Bible describes many terrible events that will occur during the final days of this world’s history. One verse, Zechariah 14:12, presents a particularly fearful-sounding representation of the final fate of the lost:

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.” (Zech 14:12)
Oh, I see. Truthfully, I did not read the thread. You are just one of the few people whose posts I check most days, looking for good things. :)
I see that Zech passage as saying that of those who attack Jerusalem during the last of the tribulation, some will actually survive and go into the thousand years, where they will be ruled with a rod and disciplined harshly if they don’t go to appointed feasts to worship.
I have thought the last part of the passage has jumped ahead in time to the final attempted attack at the end of the thousand years.
Its difficult, because prophecy often jumps forwards and backwards without giving us a clue that it has done so. Usually my clue that it has is that my mind is confused. :D

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi will hopefully come and answer. I think you may have misunderstood him concerning outer darkness and when it happens, which is after the millennium, not during.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I will not. You need to learn how to do your own Bible study, so I recommend that you go to biblesoft.com and download their FREE "One Touch" app. It has many Bible study tools that you need, including many different Bible versions.

:running::tiphat:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I see. Truthfully, I did not read the thread. You are just one of the few people whose posts I check most days, looking for good things. :)
I see that Zech passage as saying that of those who attack Jerusalem during the last of the tribulation, some will actually survive and go into the thousand years, where they will be ruled with a rod and disciplined harshly if they don’t go to appointed feasts to worship.
I have thought the last part of the passage has jumped ahead in time to the final attempted attack at the end of the thousand years.
Its difficult, because prophecy often jumps forwards and backwards without giving us a clue that it has done so. Usually my clue that it has is that my mind is confused. :D
I’ve been thinking more on this Vic. About how some who come against Israel will survive and go into the millennium who will be ruled with a rod if they don’t attend the feasts to worship. I think people don’t consider the reason He will be so hard with them. He doesn’t want the one man to perish, true, but people will be living hundreds of years again in that thousand years according to scripture, so try to imagine how many children even two of them will have. It won’t be like today where in 25 years of life being childbearing years a couple might have 4 children. They would have instead (if they live a thousand years), perhaps more like 150 children. Those are children you would not be teaching to obey God and go to the feasts to worship and to be blessed. So they would be in danger of being among those who gather at the battle of Meggido since you have not taught them reverence by your example. So instead of you only affecting your own eternity, you may drag 150 others with you. And if each of those 150 have 150 children of their own, and they teach each of them the example THEY were taught, well, the math becomes alarming.
I played around once with pen and calculator. I started with something like 500 pairs who survived the tribulation to repopulate during the thousand years. I wound up with an obscenely large number at the end of a thousand years. It began to go exponential after just a few generations. If I’m recalling correctly, I wound up with even a greater population in the millennium than is on earth today. Even with just one pair to repopulate, you begin to wonder if earths population before the flood was much more than it is even currently!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been thinking more on this Vic. About how some who come against Israel will survive and go into the millennium who will be ruled with a rod if they don’t attend the feasts to worship. I think people don’t consider the reason He will be so hard with them. He doesn’t want the one man to perish, true, but people will be living hundreds of years again in that thousand years according to scripture, so try to imagine how many children even two of them will have. It won’t be like today where in 25 years of life being childbearing years a couple might have 4 children. They would have instead (if they live a thousand years), perhaps more like 150 children. Those are children you would not be teaching to obey God and go to the feasts to worship and to be blessed. So they would be in danger of being among those who gather at the battle of Meggido since you have not taught them reverence by your example. So instead of you only affecting your own eternity, you may drag 150 others with you. And if each of those 150 have 150 children of their own, and they teach each of them the example THEY were taught, well, the math becomes alarming.
I played around once with pen and calculator. I started with something like 500 pairs who survived the tribulation to repopulate during the thousand years. I wound up with an obscenely large number at the end of a thousand years. It began to go exponential after just a few generations. If I’m recalling correctly, I wound up with even a greater population in the millennium than is on earth today. Even with just one pair to repopulate, you begin to wonder if earths population before the flood was much more than it is even currently!
Personally (not saying it right) but for me you made sense here “worshiping in the high places or burning incense on the high places? In that case, going up and the high places have very different meanings.”

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's probably one of the things written in Zechariah 14 that makes most preachers stay away from that chapter.

To properly understand that Zechariah 14:12 idea, one would first have to understand what Apostles Paul and Peter showed about how this present world is going to end on the last day, which is on the "day of the Lord".

2 Peter 3:10 -- God's consuming fire is going to burn man's works off this earth on the last day, the "day of the Lord".

Hebrews 12:25-29 -- God's consuming fire is going to remove the things of this world that can be shaken, so that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. For God is a consuming fire. As God once shook this earth in the 1st earth world age (when Satan rebelled), He is going to shake it once more on that day in our near future.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 -- on the "last trump", all still alive on earth will be "changed" at the "twinkling of an eye", to their body of incorruption, the "spiritual body". This will be on the last day of this present world also. It will be when truly 'death is swallowed up in victory'. Apostle Paul was quoting from Isaiah 25 about 'death swallowed up in victory', as it applies to all peoples still alive on earth on that last day when Jesus comes, on the "day of the Lord".

That's a lot for most to try and grasp, but it is necessary in order to understand the Zechariah 14:12 verse. Only those armies and peoples that God rains His hail and brimstone upon are subject to destruction on the last day. And even then as the Zech.14 chapter later shows, there will still be left a remnant of that army that will be required to come up to Jerusalem from year to year to worship The KING, The LORD of hosts, and keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

The wicked in the "outer darkness" after Jesus' return is revealed in the Revelation 22:14-15 verses. It means they will be in a place of separation outside... the gates of the holy city and Christ's elect. That of course is Millennium timing, even though that is written in Rev.22.