Who’s ‘godless’ now? Russia says it’s U.S.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Interesting how things change.

and these are real facts, pro-sodomy laws destroy any nation from within,
starting from the boyscouts and reaching into the army.

It's like that old question "how to take over an enemy nation" in stealth mode

Another good question would be "who's more communist now?"

well, depends on how deep you look. Under several layers we have
the NSA net of total surveillance, Stalin would turn green with envy.

One of these lefties apparently also said "if we would be able to
control Hollywood we could control the world", well now they do

All the while these days if you want to get some real news about
America, you most likely will not get it from any US source on TV.
Then switch to the russian RT channel and be amazed, not only
popaganda anymore, real news and more information than all
the US and EU news channels together.

How could all of that happen?

Reactions: Pelaides

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who would have thought 30 years ago that we would read an article like this one?

“Many Euro-Atlantic countries have moved away from their roots, including Christian values,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a recent keynote speech. “Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a same-sex partnership, a faith in God and a belief in Satan. This is the path to degradation.”

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
These two are talking about it as well. You've got to listen to the second half of it (!)

Especially if you're American and never heard the full truth about what's going on in your country right now.

Today’s Guest : John McTernan

Topic : Bible Prophecy expert, John McTernan, talks with Rick Wiles about various current events unfolding around the world including Vladimir Putin calling out America’s moral decay, Obama’s enmity towards Israel and the Church, and the virtual police state that has been erected by the NSA.

http://www.trunews.com/Audio/1_30_14_thursday_trunews2.mp3

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like Rick Wile's...Putin has been pointing out these discrepancies since the Obama administration came into power...funny thing is that Putin is apparently a member of the Russian Orthodox Church... :huh:

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
As Christians in America we must understand that nothing is forever in the political national existance. We see that with Israel, the very chosen earthly people of God. They turned away from God. Therefore, when our country turns away from God, we should not be so surprised. Discouraged, yes, but not surprised.

We as Christians simply endeavour to keept the faith and be obedient to the Great commission though it may mean great persucution in the near future.

Quantrill

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Angelina, thats funny right there, in a sense, the Russian Orthodox Church now has officially higher value standards than the American mainstream-ism. However, you need to also realize that Putin comes from russian intellectualism, a sport that understands and values longtem strategy. Something Americans do not grasp, because of their philosopy that 'time is money', i.e. the living in the here and now is the status quo and nothing else would even have enough substance to compare.

Rick has got the right 'unction' from the Holy One on this subject [1 John 2:20], no doubt. I've got the same understanding, just earlier than him, because my ministry was originally about the "used to be Christians" in America. The most guest-friendly nation on earth I ever came across. However:

You're in trouble now America, Rick isn't joking about his Germany 1938-39 comparison. I got that message already at time of Bush junior and his first draft of the laws he sent out one day after 9/11. Yes, the 1000's pages of the laws existed already, they were sent out to EU, AU and NZ right after that event. It's a global empire, after all. I could add to John McTernan's statements, however for the moment can confirm his basic message from my own research. He just didn't mention why they're doing what they do. I'll give you a suggestion: Read the '3 world wars' by Albert Pike. And you'll understand what Hillary and Barry are doing, in the bigger picture of things.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
If the mighty Roman Empire could throw away their gods to follow Jesus.Why cant the russians.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Quantrill said:
As Christians in America we must understand that nothing is forever in the political national existance. We see that with Israel, the very chosen earthly people of God. They turned away from God. Therefore, when our country turns away from God, we should not be so surprised. Discouraged, yes, but not surprised.

We as Christians simply endeavour to keept the faith and be obedient to the Great commission though it may mean great persucution in the near future.

Quantrill
Lutherans of course believe only Gods true church his invisible church is the chosen people.. and they are from every tribe nation and race..
so we would see the state of Israel as a good friend of the united states but only God knows who are his chosen people there..
perhaps? God has held a remnant there of those who believe in Jesus. as their only savior from sin to. God often surprises us with brother's and sisters in Christ we never knew we had..

Tropical Islander said:
These two are talking about it as well. You've got to listen to the second half of it (!)

Especially if you're American and never heard the full truth about what's going on in your country right now.

Today’s Guest : John McTernan

Topic : Bible Prophecy expert, John McTernan, talks with Rick Wiles about various current events unfolding around the world including Vladimir Putin calling out America’s moral decay, Obama’s enmity towards Israel and the Church, and the virtual police state that has been erected by the NSA.

http://www.trunews.com/Audio/1_30_14_thursday_trunews2.mp3
The problem with modern day prophesy experts is they are never held accountable by death through stoning if they are proven wrong about anything..
THATS WHY THEY ARE A DIME A DOZEN..THE WRONG ONES ARE NEVER KILLED OFF...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when do we value Putin's opinion - the guy made himself the supreme dictator of Russia......lol, shows the blind hatred you have for Obama - that is for sure

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
While Russia is correct about homosexuality being evil ..The united states is still more free to practice confessional Lutheran Christianity, at least for now.. who knows in the years to come though.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
horsecamp said:
While Russia is correct about homosexuality being evil ..The united states is still more free to practice confessional Lutheran Christianity, at least for now.. who knows in the years to come though.
yes and no. Depends upon what you call freedom of worship.

One of the reasons so many Christians have left denominational Protestant churches is that those denominations have abandoned God and His Word. Not all at once, however, and not all in the same areas, but they are all marching toward secularization and away from the cross.

A few years ago a meeting of the Synod of the Lutheran Church voted to decide a new definition of the Bible. Instead of THE Word of God, the book is now A Word of God. In other words, they have declared dilution of the Holy Scripture to equate it with any other work of religious literature. Would Muslims do that with the Qur'an? You know the answer as well as I.

When the decision was made and the vote was taken a storm suddenly erupted and blew away portions of the roof of the meeting venue. I was sent a photo of the damage by a person who was there.

The Episcopal church abandoned God decades ago. When the Holy Spirit revival of the late 1960's and early 1970's swept over America the Episcopals were among the group who rejected the excitement out of hand. Instead of Holy Spirit they now have unholy social awareness, instead of Jesus Christ they have a whole series of bishops who emit heresy like radioactive plutonium. And the people, like blind and deaf sheep, continue to follow them into perdition. I know because I was part of the leadership at the time - and was invited to leave because I refused to yield my position that one must be saved and that Jesus is the only way to do it.

The Presbyterian Church held a vote similar to the Lutherans and disabled their interpretation of Holy Writ. Just like their Lutheran brethren they voted down the Holy inspiration of the Bible to that of common literature and just like the Lutherans their assembly venue was struck by a sudden storm. The storm killed power for a period of time leaving them in the dark - figuratively as well as literally. This news reached my ears from a man who was in attendance.

Methodism long ago abandoned sound Biblical teaching and instruction in favor of franchise-ism. I have met few communicants of the Methodist church who exercised even a moderate education in church history and Biblical teaching. They certainly don't believe one must be born again. Look at their national web site. They've "toned down" the necessity Jesus said was paramount.

I don't know where Baptists (really) stand on the position of Bible inerrancy, salvation, and eschatology. All I hear from them are constant nagging rants about the rapture or anti-Holy Spirit diatribes aimed at disrespecting Pentacostals rather than education, inspiration or salvation. Baptists have always been sincere about their faith. The problem is that I wonder if they know what that really means these days.

I don't know where the numerous Pentacostal denominations and independent churches are in these matters of the spirit. I suspect most are on point, spiritually speaking, but many have been caught up in mega-church isms wherein the development of real estate and expensive technical 'ministries' result in more secular jokes and jaded attitudes than souls won for Jesus. Matters of the wallet supersede matters of the spirit.

In other words, Protestantism is destroying itself either by abandoning God directly or by wandering away into the off road fields of heresy, financial attractions and worldly respect.

The Roman Catholic church has been in decline as well. In Europe, the Catholic church has become nearly extinct. While a new energetic pope has shown himself to be the darling of the global press, and while his appearances continue to attract the devout like a religious rock star, there is little evidence that the withering trend has halted or even slowed. The pope has to leave Europe to attract a crowd outside St. Peter's.

These matters should tell us something about the spiritual condition of Europe and America. Western Civilization, as it has been known for the last five hundred years or more, is dying. It's internal power has dwindled from a raging fire to a flickering pilot light. It's financial capacity, once the glittering gem in its crown, has passed away and all the west totters from one financial crisis to another while the whole world waits and watches for complete collapse. The only reason enemies of the west don't nudge it into an earlier event is that they don't yet know what would take its place. (The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.) Militarily, the west has met its match in technical advances of Russia and China and already lost a muzzle to muzzle confrontation over Syria in the summer of 2013.

What's all this to do with freedom to practice Lutheranism or any other Christian creed? Our society now trusts in the eroding power of a once great civilization rather than the eternal bedrock of Jesus Christ. Our people have abandoned God's wisdom for their own and the kingship of the Almighty for their own corrupt leaders.

"A people who will not be ruled by God are destined to be ruled by tyrants."
- William Penn

If the reader is able to sit in the congregation of the saints and if he or she is comfortable that the gospel of the cross of Jesus Christ is being preached accurately and truthfully, then that person needs to be aware that they are in a very unique situation. Treasure it like fine gold and silver - for it is in danger of being lost from this land.

For forty years or more we have prayed wisdom for our leaders. They have now used that wisdom to betray us. Now we are asked to swallow fool's gold at the altar, lies in the sermons and tyranny from our own leaders.

Jesus said to be separate from these things. That's good advice, but where does one go instead?

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Reactions: Pelaides