Why adds turn me off.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not need to see adds, on my computer as they only waste my time and effort to read the posts on this forum. If I have a need, then I will do my research to find the best solution for me and I do not need advertisements for products that I do not need or desire to have. I have no desire for the products that are shown and it only ends up costing me more because all of the coasts of advertising is added into the cost of the produce being sold. If their products were worth buying, then the word of mouth endorsements of that are given by the people who have already purchased those products is more effective advertising than any other form of advertising.

The love of money is driving these adds and they expect me to provide that money to them. It is a turn off on this forum.

Know what I mean.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not need to see adds, on my computer as they only waste my time and effort to read the posts on this forum. If I have a need, then I will do my research to find the best solution for me and I do not need advertisements for products that I do not need or desire to have. I have no desire for the products that are shown and it only ends up costing me more because all of the coasts of advertising is added into the cost of the produce being sold. If their products were worth buying, then the word of mouth endorsements of that are given by the people who have already purchased those products is more effective advertising than any other form of advertising.

The love of money is driving these adds and they expect me to provide that money to them. It is a turn off on this forum.

Know what I mean.

The ads generate revenue for the operation of the forum regardless, unfortunately, of their usefulness or appeal to individual members.

It's just the way of things. Nothing that informs or entertains on the Internet is free. :(

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Know what I mean.
Complete agreement.

"Inducements to buy" are antiChristian in my way of thinking.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Firefox with adblock.

:)
Complete agreement.

"Inducements to buy" are antiChristian in my way of thinking.

Much love!
You can block the ads by using the "InPrivate" settings. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the Edge window. Select "New InPrivate Window". When the new tab comes up, click on the "Always use “Strict” tracking prevention when browsing InPrivate" setting. (You only have to do this once; Windows will remember the setting.) After this, always browse using the InPrivate tab.

From @Lambano

Reactions: marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Purposely circumventing the source/means of operational funds for services used and encouraging others to do so...

Does that seem to anyone else like something Christ wouldn't do?

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think the owner of the site is trying to keep the site free for everybody by having Ads on here to help with the expenses, they do bother me a little bit but not much, i can see why they are on there though

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ads that turn me off aren’t a problem for me. It’s ads that turn me on, or attempt to, that I have to guard against.

“Trigger” isn’t just the name of Roy Rogers’ horse.

A clever commercial asks, “What’s in your wallet?”

A powerful tool for good and evil which must be properly used by a mind that is clear and focused on what it had better be.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is so profoundly ironic about this thread is that the people who are coaching each other to steal revenue from the forum are the same ones who say we don't need the ten commandments to tell us what is right and wrong anymore—that we have the Holy Spirit for that.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is so profoundly ironic about this thread is that the people who are coaching each other to steal revenue from the forum are the same ones who say we don't need the ten commandments to tell us what is right and wrong anymore—we have the Holy Spirit for that.

The advertisers are paying for the space, regardless of whether we look at the ads or not. I don't see that we're stealing from them any more than if we willfully ignored the ads.

If the advertisers decide they're not getting enough return on their investment in terms of increased sales revenue, they will pull the ads.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The advertisers are paying for the space, regardless of whether we look at the ads or not. I don't see that we're stealing from them any more than if we willfully ignored the ads.

I'm pretty sure advertising is a little more complicated than that nowadays, but folks are free to do as their divinely-inspired conscience dictates.