Why all of evil is good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we're speaking of evil itself, rather than now to commit evil or become evil. Remember, evil is a privation or lack of good.
It's not that I don't remember. I reject that classification. Remember, a rock has no intent but is not evil.

To say we are talking about evil itself, compared to how to commit it or become it is to split theory from practice. Obviously, the OP is wrong. Evil is the opposite of good. Therefore, all -X is NOT X.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't tell you off the top of my head, but Matthew 23:25 doesnt mention Zechariah?

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.../KJV

I can see two different Zechariah's in Zech 1:1 and 2 Chronicles, but how are you tying them in to Matthew 23?

99% of the bible we can plainly understand. But the other 1% you almost have to be a Greek Scholar to undestand them. Knowing all the idisyncrisies of the culture and how and why different terms are used and so forth. There's a lot to it. 1%. So a man could spend a lifetime and not decode it all.
Sorry, I was copying a @RedFan post. I should have checked the references earlier. Should be verse 35, not 25.

Matthew 23:35 NIV
And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth,
from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah,
whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

/

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You would like evil to learn from the knowledge of good, but doing good can't save you (on its own).

It's a classic case of saying something that is "close to the truth" and hoping that people will overlook that its not the truth.

Forgiving evil, is good, but not on a pretext of good only ever forgiving evil.

The point is the one doing evil should feel small, but not forget that good's ego is smaller.