Why all of evil is good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

darkspeed6

Jan 28, 2024
Illinois
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The bible says that you can't serve two opposite masters at the same time. Why does the bible say that when it says that evil helps good?

The bible CLAIMS that evil is what doesn't help good. Ironically, this couldn't be further from the case:

The bible says that to help good, you must produce good things. It says if you help good you are good.

Funnily enough, the bible says that evil produces knowledge of good. Knowledge of good is a good thing.

Knowledge of good is understanding of good.

Evil produces knowledge of good, or in other words, it produces understanding of good. Knowledge of good = good thing that evil produces

All of evil...good relies on it because it produces good things

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says that you can't serve two opposite masters at the same time. Why does the bible say that when it says that evil helps good?

The bible CLAIMS that evil is what doesn't help good. Ironically, this couldn't be further from the case:

The bible says that to help good, you must produce good things. It says if you help good you are good.

Funnily enough, the bible says that evil produces knowledge of good. Knowledge of good is a good thing.

Evil produces knowledge of good, or in other words, it produces understanding of good. Knowledge of good = good thing that evil produces

Yes, the devil is good in twisting the truth with his deception...

Reactions: BlessedPeace

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.
Could you provide the text you are referring to?
We should discuss that. Thanks.

/

Reactions: MA2444

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the bible says that evil produces knowledge of good
As you have already been asked p.ease supply the reference that shows this.

To answer the general line of your post.

Doing ' good ' is irrelevant, we are saved by faith not by ' good ' deeds so please read John 3:16-18
Which tells you how to be ' saved ' and the consequence of not believing in Jesus.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil is not a thing in and of itself. It is a privation of something. Like darkness is a privation of light, evil is a privation of good. Something is lacking.

Reactions: St. SteVen

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Forgive me brother, but, are you out of your mind?!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive me brother, but, are you out of your mind?!
Looks like a drive-by poster. Heckler?
The username has "dark" and "6" in it. !!!
Only four posts. Little to no interaction. Zero likes.
Specs below. 24 yr old of other faith. (non-Christian)
Probably shouldn't be allowed on the Christian Apologetics area. ???

darkspeed6

New Member​

Jan 28, 2024
Awards: 1 (for joining) ???
Illinois
Faith: Other Faith

/

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like a drive-by poster. Heckler?
The username has "dark" and "6" in it. !!!
Only four posts. Little to no interaction. Zero likes.
Specs below. 24 yr old of other faith. (non-Christian)
Probably shouldn't be allowed on the Christian Apologetics area. ???

darkspeed6

New Member​

Jan 28, 2024
Awards: 1 (for joining) ???
Illinois
Faith: Other Faith

/

He talks like a 24 year old, lol. I remember that age. That was back when I still knew it all, Lol!

Every time that I have ever thought there was a contrdiction in scripture, every time, it was because I didn't understand it fully. There is no contradictions. With all thy getting, get Understanding.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He talks like a 24 year old, lol. I remember that age. That was back when I still knew it all, Lol!
Yup.
Starts around 16 years of age and continues until about 30.
Then suddenly... POOF.
All of a sudden old people seem smart. - LOL

Every time that I have ever thought there was a contrdiction in scripture, every time, it was because I didn't understand it fully. There is no contradictions. With all thy getting, get Understanding.
I think there are. But none that make the Bible completely unreliable.

Consider this quote from @RedFan

"Matthew 27:9, which mistakenly attributes the story of the purchase of the potters’ field to Jeremiah rather than Zechariah.

Matt. 23:25, which confuses two Zechariahs, the prophet Zechariah who was the son of Berechiah (Zech. 1:1) and another who was the son of Jehoiada (2 Chron. 24:20-22).

Mark 2:26, which quotes Jesus as saying that David entered the house of God and ate the altar bread “when Abiathar was high priest.” 1 Samuel 21:1-6 is explicit that Ahimelech, not his son Abiathar, was high priest at the time.

Explain those, and then I will give you ten more."

/

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Many claims about what the bible says, please support your assertions with scripture because I don't see it in this way. Actually I can think of a few verses to the contrary. Romans 3:3-8

Reactions: marks

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup.
Starts around 16 years of age and continues until about 30.
Then suddenly... POOF.
All of a sudden old people seem smart. - LOL

I think there are. But none that make the Bible completely unreliable.

Consider this quote from @RedFan

"Matthew 27:9, which mistakenly attributes the story of the purchase of the potters’ field to Jeremiah rather than Zechariah.

Matt. 23:25, which confuses two Zechariahs, the prophet Zechariah who was the son of Berechiah (Zech. 1:1) and another who was the son of Jehoiada (2 Chron. 24:20-22).

Mark 2:26, which quotes Jesus as saying that David entered the house of God and ate the altar bread “when Abiathar was high priest.” 1 Samuel 21:1-6 is explicit that Ahimelech, not his son Abiathar, was high priest at the time.

Explain those, and then I will give you ten more."

/

I can't tell you off the top of my head, but Matthew 23:25 doesnt mention Zechariah?

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.../KJV

I can see two different Zechariah's in Zech 1:1 and 2 Chronicles, but how are you tying them in to Matthew 23?

99% of the bible we can plainly understand. But the other 1% you almost have to be a Greek Scholar to undestand them. Knowing all the idisyncrisies of the culture and how and why different terms are used and so forth. There's a lot to it. 1%. So a man could spend a lifetime and not decode it all.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil is not a thing in and of itself. It is a privation of something. Like darkness is a privation of light, evil is a privation of good. Something is lacking.
I like this sentiment but find it untrue in that evil is not nil but an intent. A rock lacks good intent but is not evil. Evil is not the absence of intent. Evil is the intent to act against God's will.

Although one can get an "A" even getting one wrong out of ten, Acting 9 of 9 milllion ways consistent with God's will does not balance out the 1 sinful evil act.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this sentiment but find it untrue in that evil is not nil but an intent. A rock lacks good intent but is not evil. Evil is not the absence of intent. Evil is the intent to act against God's will.

Although one can get an "A" even getting one wrong out of ten, Acting 9 of 9 milllion ways consistent with God's will does not balance out the 1 sinful evil act.
I think we're speaking of evil itself, rather than now to commit evil or become evil. Remember, evil is a privation or lack of good. So, how do we define good? Something is good if it meets the purpose for which it was created. A pen is good if it writes. If it doesn't, we either need to fix it (replace the cartridge or whatever), or we throw it away and get another because it's a bad (evil) pen. Similarly, we human beings were created for heaven. If we're living our lives in such a way that we're heading towards heaven, then we're good. If not, then we're evil, i.e., there is some good lacking in us.